Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Just listening to BlueStreak's interview.

So, she used to own and run a nightclub as a teenager, then had her own underwear and swimwear company that she sold to a company in Buenos Ares, then she did a MBA in marketing and finance.... She also worked at Fox studios in Sydney for 4 years.

Did she used to do all of this under a different name, as she hardly has any kind of digital fingerprint pre SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:laugh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6314153/#Comment_6314153

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

By the way, have you noticed that sometimes your fingers slip and instead of writing citizen you write commando? I worry about you my freind.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Thanks for doing this, Bluestreak. Listening now- and the stuff is all really interesting and colorful. Much appreciated!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

By the way, have you noticed that sometimes your fingers slip and instead of writing citizen you write commando? I worry about you my freind.

Yes, I do do that sometimes, it is the strangest thing :v:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In the interview, she mentions that Chelsea comes from a hospitality background. Chelsea left last year, at around the time when Sandi recorded herself firing someone via phone telling them they come from a hospitality background, and telling them to work at McDonalds. I think it was hinted by someone else that Sandi recorded a real firing for that showreel (which explains why she actually has emotion in her voice and face). Was this how she fired Chelsea?

[Showreel: http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner - Click media, then 'Reverse the Verse (Performance Video)']

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm pretty sure that Chelsea walked out the door with Travis Day, her husband.

There may have been some shouting at imaginary people in the shower argument style channeling going on there but I rather doubt that the wife of an old family friend was fired over the phone.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm pretty sure that Chelsea walked out the door with Travis Day, her husband.

There may have been some shouting at imaginary people in the shower argument style channeling going on there but I rather doubt that the wife of an old family friend was fired over the phone.

So I'm wondering if that showreel is Sandi's way of handling the walking-out, by re-creating reality? It was just something that stood out for me...

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

fuctifino posted:

So I'm wondering if that showreel is Sandi's way of handling the walking-out, by re-creating reality? It was just something that stood out for me...

It was probably one of those George Costanza moments where he spends like, days thinking of a good comeback to something that was said to him earlier that week and tries to get into a situation where he can use that comeback. Replace George Costanza with Sandi and the person who said the insult with Chelsea. The only way Sandi would get a chance to vent her sweet comeback would be in a fake scenario where it ends with Sam Fisher infiltrating the CIG office she's in and killing her.

e: just finished assembling 20 grots and 2 runtherders. done for the night.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Madcosby posted:

im surprised he's not called a derek or beer alt

He has truly taken the crown and run with it. I could not possibly be prouder.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

I have no words...

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

fuctifino posted:

From what I've observed Sandi doesn't seem like the kind of person who would channel any kind of resentment towards an attractive younger woman who was credited with making the customer support department function like glorious clockwork and received constant and ongoing praise regarding her exemplary service across all levels of the fanbase.

If someone has those amazing gifs of the eyerolls between Chelsea and James during that old RtV episode I'm sure now would be a nice time to see them come back to the surface.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

Some of the narratives ya'll make up about the people involved are really sad and dumb.

Like, did an IT guy gently caress your GF or something? Is this not funny enough without making up some random nonsense about what professions the delusional backers are in?

Tbh I am interested in understanding what motivates a real person to fervently defend a video game developer of all things. How did they end up here, deeply invested in a fantasy and aggressively defending it? I use my own experiences and thoughts to theorize, it's fun

if you think I'm making value judgements about certain professions then I don't really know what to tell you. individuals of all types work in technical fields. Some prosper greatly with extremely limited social skills and self awareness

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

This is like an interview with someone in Jonestown before they all drank the kool-aid

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Solarin posted:

Tbh I am interested in understanding what motivates a real person to fervently defend a video game developer of all things.

They've developed a massive cult following. The followers worship the gurus at CIG, and shower them with cash. In return, CIG offer the followers dreams. Mix a bit of sunk cost fallacy and autism in there, and it begins to explain a hell of a lot. I find them fascinating... even more so than I did Scientology.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAM9diyVRiM

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

don't ruin what is arguably the best part of open development by asking the developers to be open about their developments

-- The Definition of Awesome

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
This post was not quality. I will replace it with a quality post.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 1, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen is looking to be the be all end all

of crowdfunding

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chris is really coming up on the Bolivian marching powder at around 49m in the interview.

e: holy gently caress, he just speaks faster and faster.

e2: He still hasn't stopped talking at 52m

e3: I don't think he's taken a breath inwards.

e4: 54:45 is when he was interrupted.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 1, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Like we joke that Roberts and these crazy people will blame Smart or SA or haters for why this game will fail...but holy moly they will. Completely seriously.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Like we joke that Roberts and these crazy people will blame Smart or SA or haters for why this game will fail...but holy moly they will. Completely seriously.

When this all comes crashing down, you will forever have the scarlet G emblazoned on your back

of all your jpgs

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
weekly scoreboard

CR's foot-in-mouth: 1
CR's lies or inane poo poo in 10ftc: 10
CR's fucks given: 0
Beer's posts upvoted: like 4
:pgabz: videos: 6
lowtax videos: 0
DSnart's song recordings: 0

Advantage: Chris Roberts.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Consider how seriously many of them took that photoshopped "we give up" notice from "Chris."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

there's never been a better time to be a goon

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Remember when Lowtax posted that article and people were having difficulties figuring out if it was real or not? Those were good times.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

We have clipped through the looking glass.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Fortunately we've got records all over the internet of the poo poo they promised. When they blame Derek and us goons for the collapse they're not going to be able to stand up to the scrutiny because they've spent the last three years shooting themselves in the feet.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

trucutru posted:

weekly scoreboard

CR's foot-in-mouth: 1
CR's lies or inane poo poo in 10ftc: 10
CR's fucks given: 0
Beer's posts upvoted: like 4
:pgabz: videos: 6
lowtax videos: 0
DSnart's song recordings: 0

Advantage: Chris Roberts.

isn't 10ftc coming up? or did it already happen this week and I'm dumb

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hell, they're already saying it's the goons fault the customer support lines are all clogged up, because goons are forcing them to write massive essays back and forth defending their awful game

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The French Army! posted:

Fortunately we've got records all over the internet of the poo poo they promised. When they blame Derek and us goons for the collapse they're not going to be able to stand up to the scrutiny because they've spent the last three years shooting themselves in the feet.

Rational discourse is right around the corner commandos.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

I haven't even HEARD of this! Please dear god let there be pictures

there are indeed pictures. trying to google "star citizen custom room" and "star citizen room" but yeah even teh word "room" is a gameplay element under discussion within the game so ugh

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I'm looking forward to the always-effective "petition" to bring back Star Citizen once this things finally collapses into rubble. No matter what the "MMO" (:lol:), and no matter how unpopular, there's always a small contingent of people who put boundless energy into bringing it back. The only thing funnier than Chris trying to make a game is his followers doing the same.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

HapiMerchant posted:

It should be uploaded on Monday US time.

e: I expect Chris to address some of the negativity. He's probably spent 8 hours writing a response to a fake question already... and I can't wait :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

some stuff.

Hay guyz, I know this is practically a tradition at this point but lets not start the weekly Sandi creep-a-thon. Her own impeding ridicule should be enough punishment and entertainment source.

HapiMerchant posted:

Depends, are you one of those weirdos that counts Sundays as the start of the week? If so then there is one tomorrow.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 1, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The French Army! posted:

You can't reason someone out of a position they were never reasoned in to.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whats the addon you guys use to take screenshots of forum dialog? I'm on firefox... and print-screen doesnt help due to dual monitors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

fuctifino posted:

It should be uploaded on Monday US time.

e: I expect Chris to address some of the negativity. He's probably spent 8 hours writing a response to a fake question already... and I can't wait :)

So many possibilities. He could:

1) Attempt to "clarify" his Star Marine position for damage control purposes (which will be full of fun because he can't possibly do it without making it worse)
2) Casually walk back another feature (my personal favorite option)
3) Answer 10 totally weak-sauce questions that he hopes won't raise any emotions one way or another (I feel this most likely)

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 1, 2016

• Locked thread