Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

mikeycp posted:

Is one of the McElroys on it??

:argh: thought I got that edit in before anyone saw it!!

Did remind me that I gotta listen to the new Nick Robinson and Griffin podcast, though. I don't get why Griffin/Justin can't just make a normal goddamn video game podcast, but I guess they used to do one at Joystiq so maybe it's just tread ground for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Cool games inc is a good podcast

Further reinforcing how it is Objectively True that Griffin is, in fact, the best brother

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

abraham linksys posted:

:argh: thought I got that edit in before anyone saw it!!

Did remind me that I gotta listen to the new Nick Robinson and Griffin podcast, though. I don't get why Griffin/Justin can't just make a normal goddamn video game podcast, but I guess they used to do one at Joystiq so maybe it's just tread ground for them?

Even when they're doing Monster Factory, it seems like Justin's in a bit of a rush, so they might not necessarily have the time to do a dedicated vidja game show. As Griffin said, they've got their toes in a lot of pies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea between being a dad and MBMBAM stuff doesn't Justin actually have a fairly serious title at Polygon? Like, some level of management not just some writer anymore? I imagine of all the bros he probably has the least free time by far.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea between being a dad and MBMBAM stuff doesn't Justin actually have a fairly serious title at Polygon? Like, some level of management not just some writer anymore? I imagine of all the bros he probably has the least free time by far.

This page has him as "editor-at-large". Whatever that means? He is the 4th person listed there though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Now Lin-Manuel got Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson to tell Griffin that he's doing a great job.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

myron cope posted:

This page has him as "editor-at-large". Whatever that means? He is the 4th person listed there though.

He had a different position until recently that was more boss-like, I think he wanted to move away from that though. I can't remember what it was.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

Now Lin-Manuel got Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson to tell Griffin that he's doing a great job.

1) omfg
2) if Lin Manuel doesn't rope Jimmy Buffett and Scott Bakula into his net then I don't know what the other brothers are going to do

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Sleeveless posted:

great job https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbmbam/permalink/1011978025507215/

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Lin-Manuel is :perfect:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

He had a different position until recently that was more boss-like, I think he wanted to move away from that though. I can't remember what it was.

I thought he was managing editor but after seeing the page I thought I made it up. Maybe I was right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

myron cope posted:

I thought he was managing editor but after seeing the page I thought I made it up. Maybe I was right?

Yea I coulda sworn last time Polygon jobs came up he had a title that was manager/managing/management something.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

doos posted:

Lin-Manuel is :perfect:

What does he do to get so many celebrities? Is he just like paparazzi but for "great jobs?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I mean, he is a Tony/Grammy award winning playwright.

The dude did work on the new Star Wars, for criminy.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

He's working on Disney movie with The Rock.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

it's hard to overstate how public zeitgeist-y Hamilton is btw

like i remember reading some Onion-esque article titled "Okay, okay, I'll go see Hamilton" that played on the concept of how that's the New Thing everyone tells everyone else to see after they see it like an annoying rear end in a top hat

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
He used to be Managing Editor.
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/596154089358012416?s=17

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, I mean, he is a Tony/Grammy award winning playwright.

The dude did work on the new Star Wars, for criminy.

Don't forget his Emmy. Dude'll be an EGOT if the Academy forgets he isn't white.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 1, 2016

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Any hope of getting the Rock video posted in here for those of us without Facebook?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I've really enjoyed his work with Polygon. Like most people I stopped following game review sites a long time ago and before listening to MBMBaM I only knew Polygon as "that site that made a documentary about themselves that was paid for by Microsoft" but giving him a platform to just be his bonkers self is rad as hell. Even before Monster Factory his casual quick plays and his weird one-offs videos have been great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwnEtMF3fo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Toxxupation posted:

Cool games inc is a good podcast

Further reinforcing how it is Objectively True that Griffin is, in fact, the best brother

That was sealed when he recognized the excellence that is Carly Rae Jepsen

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

User-Friendly posted:

Any hope of getting the Rock video posted in here for those of us without Facebook?

https://my.mixtape.moe/rqtnqb.mp4

https://my.mixtape.moe/fmnmrc.mp4

https://my.mixtape.moe/hgxavl.mp4

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt. doing a great job.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Also seriously if you haven't picked up the Hamilton cast recording you really should, it's almost been the only music I've listened to since it came out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Almost done catching up to TAZ. The end of Petals to the Metal. :smith:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sleeveless posted:

I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt.

They already hate Polygon because there's a lot of articles about women and minorities in gaming on Polygon compared to other sites, and they let women write op/eds sometimes. drat SJWs ruin everything :mad:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

it's especially absurd since there's so many other, far more legitimate reasons to hate polygon

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I wish I was doing a great enough job to have someone do stuff like this for me. Jesus.

Toxxupation posted:

it's especially absurd since there's so many other, far more legitimate reasons to hate polygon

Basically anyone outside of the original Besties has bad opinions. It's also just basically turned into a different Kotaku at this point. Hopefully Griffin's vanity projects can save them.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I wish I was doing a great enough job to have someone do stuff like this for me. Jesus.

i'm no cebebrity but i think ur doing the greatest job of all -- not being a mAssive shitposter :kiddo:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Also seriously if you haven't picked up the Hamilton cast recording you really should, it's almost been the only music I've listened to since it came out.

I did listen to it today and it's pretty great.

I wonder how racist Founding Father worshipers handle his show. I'm guessing not well.

I also hope he EGOTs because he is awesome and EGOT is fun.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sleeveless posted:

If so, I'd like to shake their hand, because then boom hit them with the gom jabbar.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Toxxupation posted:

Well said.

But it's mostly forgiven because they give the McElroys a platform for their nonsense.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

remember that time arthur gies went on twitter bragging about how microsoft paid them 750k when they were starting and they honestly expected to be treated seriously literally ever after that about anything related to the xbox one family of products

it's cool when your editor in chief literally fuckin brags about losing all journalistic integrity irt one of the manufacturers of the products you're ostensibly supposed to critique

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

well kinect is necessary to pass the grandma DRM test on Grandma Wants It Al Dente, No: Grandma NEEDS It Al Dente

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Everyone knows Arthur Goose is the worst. His Sim City episode was one of the funniest things I've ever watched happen on Twitter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beard Yawn posted:

Everyone knows Arthur Goose is the worst. His Sim City episode was one of the funniest things I've ever watched happen on Twitter.

Yea one of the best examples about how...let's call them certain factions...don't give a poo poo about actual ethics in journalism is that there are legit things to say 'ok well I kinda don't trust any review coming from you after these past examples of you being dumb and shady' but instead they focus on 'AND IN A REVIEW SAYING HOW GREAT WITCHER 3 IS HE ALSO MENTIONED IT WAS A BIT LAME THAT LIKE ALL FANTASY GAMES IT'S BASICALLY ALL WHITE PEOPLE WITH poo poo LIKE ELVES AND DWARFS REPRESENTING MINORITIES THAT loving CORRUPT LOSER'.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
All elves are white. Santa is an elf. Santa is white. These are just facts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

All elves are white. Santa is an elf. Santa is white. These are just facts.

I can't argue with the facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:pgabz: New MBMBaM :pgabz:

This one has an email from a woman who has the worst boyfriend since Skyrim Pizza Blowjob guy