Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone watch the NHL all star game? :scott:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
liking dumb things is ok tho

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

ANarc says questionable things and makes questionable votes all the time.

This is very succinctly my meta

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It has such a weird hodgepodge of actors I know from other things.

And then the teenyboppers which mostly are annoying.

I'll stick with it for a while, but honestly find the stuff up in the ark much more interesting than whatever random teenage drama is happening on the ground, and I imagine as it goes along it'll only become more ground focused.

We'll see though. I've heard it likes to take sharp turns in plot and also will kill off characters without mercy, so who knows!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
skipped all the posts between my last post and this post.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

whats your hot opinion kashuno ya

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

same

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Metos posted:

[quote="Trasson" post="455686928"]
We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance.
1 in 3 of choosing a Mafia by blind chance is still a 2 in 3 of choosing a Town, buddy.

Oh dear god, no, I'm not saying we should vote by blind chance. Friction asked what it was we knew. I was simply explaining what it was that was known. When did I say voting by random chance was a good idea?

Asiina posted:

I definitely think Trasson is scummy though.

Care to explain why? I mean, I could guess, but I'd rather hear your reasoning.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Trasson posted:

Using a whole bunch of words to say things that are completely obvious. Moreso in an open setup. Everything you said was in the OP. It gives the appearance of contributing without actually saying anything useful.

I would have responded with "but who is scum tho" except your next post was a very hedgy town read on Cog and then complaining that you can't form an opinion on anyone else because there haven't been enough posts, despite other people having no issue making reads. Scum want to be more flexible in their reads so they can turn whichever way the wind blows. Town are more likely to let their opinions on people be known.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a very breezy opinion on Asiina right now

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Trasson posted:

You didn't ask me, but...
Yes, do guess, at length. :allears:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Kashuno posted:

Skipped this particular post

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I have a very breezy opinion on Asiina right now

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes when i see a paper bag i think of american beauty

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

watched it was good

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Asiina posted:

Using a whole bunch of words to say things that are completely obvious. Moreso in an open setup. Everything you said was in the OP. It gives the appearance of contributing without actually saying anything useful.

I would have responded with "but who is scum tho" except your next post was a very hedgy town read on Cog and then complaining that you can't form an opinion on anyone else because there haven't been enough posts, despite other people having no issue making reads. Scum want to be more flexible in their reads so they can turn whichever way the wind blows. Town are more likely to let their opinions on people be known.

Eh, I see your point, although I'll note the giant pile of "obvious" was in response to someone saying "what do we even know", so I figured I'd start with the obvious (since I think Friction is just as new to this as me). Also, to be honest, the 10 posts/game day thing kind of encourages me to say whatever, even if it's unhelpful. Regardless of whichever team I'm on, having one fewer vote to be lynched doesn't help them so I might as well vomit out whatever.

As for not enough posts, well, you're right. It feels like not enough information to make any sort of good judgment call off of, especially because more than a third of the players haven't even hit the ten post limit yet. Except that group includes me (just counted, this makes 9) and more experienced players aren't having trouble making calls on me with that small information set so even if I don't feel it's enough info I shouldn't let it stop me. I will try and be a little more decisive come tomorrow IRL (sleep, school, and work lie between me and good posting time after this), but at least there won't be any excuse for me to not have enough info when we get close to the deadline. I mean, regardless of if there's enough info or not, as it gets close to 7 PM, beggars can't be choosers, right?

Lumpen posted:

You didn't ask me, but...
Yes, do guess, at length. :allears:

Basically what Asiina said: I've made a whole lot of noise that amounts to "I have no idea what's going on but I want to participate!" which doubles as a great way to try and fly under the radar.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Got accused of using too many words and then complaining about lack of posts, and responded with a lot of words and another complaint about post numbers.

A bold strategy, scum!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

Got accused of using too many words and then complaining about lack of posts, and responded with a lot of words and another complaint about post numbers.

A bold strategy, scum!

if hes scum why you not voting him

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That response sounds like new town to me, actually. I am placated for the moment.

I think the key with how you see the veterans make reads is that we aren't as sure as we appear. Don't be afraid to throw down an opinion, even if its vague on D1. Literally any opinion is better than "I dunno, there aren't enough posts." Later on it's better to have something more concrete to form up a case, but early on we're just throwing things out to see what happens.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is very succinctly my meta

You forgot the meta of you being a pleasant person to play with. Your vote on Gulag is incredibly OMGUS and seems to have no other merit besides that. Do you still stand by it?

Tommunist posted:

also lol callin me kid lmao ur probs like 12 or something and have abed time

Here I thought you were using a Caribbean accent to tell us that your child would be named Lmao. Probably because I just watched the episode of Buffy where Kendra shows up. I wonder if she ever comes back.

Asiina posted:

Anyway I think KB is scum because that vote on ANarc was way too easy. It's partially meta on both of their parts, but I wouldn't expect KB to jump on an easy vote, especially when ANarc says questionable things and makes questionable votes all the time.

I expect more of him, basically.

How is that part of KB's meta?

Asiina posted:

Also in case it needs to be said, I won't vote any of the new people today. I don't vote new people D1 of their first game.

Who're the new people exactly?

Tommunist posted:

whats your hot opinion kashuno ya

A lot of white noise is coming out of you Tommunist. What's your opinion on anyone besides Kashuno?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TheCog posted:

I look forward to it then.

##vote KB

I think that's a good vote.

TheCog posted:

Opportunistically joining the bandwagon. Specifically as a rule of thumb, votes between 3 - 5 on an early bandwagon are from scum who feel comfortable enough with the possibility of getting the train rolling, without the scrutiny of being one of the first votes.

Disregarding the whole massclaim bit, which I do think, at least coming from you was well-intentioned, this is a terrible vote, not only is it hypocritical but you're actually wrong on KB's vote order. He's the 2nd person to vote Anon, and you're the 2nd person to vote KB. I know we don't have much to build cases on but you cannot seriously believe that this makes him scum.

The only thing you've got going for it, is that it lines up with your numbers way-of-thought.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not seeing Gulag as scum. I always have trouble reading Gulag but I feel he tends to stay on message longer when town. He's been on point this whole game rather than all over the place.

The biggest flashpoints I've noticed are the talk on thecog's massclaim idea. I don't think being for it is necessarily a scum tell, but like Lumpen points out it can help us give us an indicator of where people stand, I'd also so that if anyone hides behind it incessantly and doesn't talk about anything else it serves itself as a smokescreen. Metos comes to mind.

Trasson reminds me of me. Open-minded, covering his angles even if to his detriment, he posts a scummy "what is mafia" post, but it's no less well-intentioned than thecog's bit.

I'm getting bad vibes from Foo and Friction. The former's hardly posted but there's something to the irreverence I don't like. It feels like a mask. The latter comments are quick bursts of thoughts on nothing really at all, a lot of D1 is hard and dumb sort of posts, and then an opinion on the vote leader. It feels like it was meant to go unnoticed. Imgay is doing the same exact thing, unfortunately he does this as town or scum but the especial pointlessness of the majority of his posts is definitely making me vote scum.

##vote imgay

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

if hes scum why you not voting him

Asiina posted:

but early on we're just throwing things out to see what happens.
Completely defeated however by his masterstroke strategy of just not posting again, or more likely not being in my timezone.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Kashuno seems like a cool town guy.
Thecog seems alright if that's who was starting the idea of the massclaim, I forget if it was him or Gulagdolls and I think its Gulag I don't like as they seem keen to just kill off all our power roles.
I wanna hear more from Captain Foo and Flying Leatherman, Foo because his posts say nothing and I think he's a baddie, but also Flying Leatherman has a total of 3 posts, 2 since the game started (both of which were help aimed at me which I appreciate but also doesn't say much)
Trasson I'm leaning towards baddie but not 100% yet.

##Vote Captain Foo, happy to move it to Gulagdolls when I wake up if that's the direction we're going as they're my second choice.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm sorry I disappeared! I had some personal stuff come up last night. I know, no excuses.

After doing some light filtering, Tomm has a ton of posts that don't say anything at all and I'm putting my vote there today. He's not the only one, but there's some seriously low signal to noise ratio when you look at the number of posts.

I like this post of Trasson's and agree. I thought that Friction's post - the one that he's referencing there - was bad.

We should not massclaim if that's still being discussed.

##vote Tommunist

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 1 :awesomelon:

GulagDolls (3): Tommunist, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123
King Burgundy (2): Asiina, TheCog
imgay (2): Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude
AnonymousNarcotics (2): TheCog, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, TheCog
Captain Foo (2): JakeP, Metos
TheCog (1): AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, Kashuno
Trasson (1): Lumpen
Tommunist (1): Asiina, Asiina, Flying Leatherman
Friction.123 (0): Asiina, Asiina
Asiina (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Kashuno (0): Tommunist, Tommunist

Not Voting (2): imgay, Trasson :ffg:

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 01st, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 58 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
User                	Posts
Tommunist           	55
Asiina             	39
Friction.123          	22
imgay             	22
JakeP            	21
Kashuno                	20
GulagDolls            	18
TheCog          	17
King Burgundy     	16
Metos           	13
AnonymousNarcotics 	12
-------LINE OF HATE-------
Trasson                	10
Captain Foo          	8
100YrsofAttitude 	8
Lumpen                 	7
Flying Leatherman 	4

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trasson posted:

We know our own roles and the distribution of other roles, for one. There's fifteen other players. Assuming a given player is town, that means that person has a 5/15 or 1 in 3 chance of voting for a scum by sheer blind chance. We also know there's a serial killer about, so Mafia are going to be a little more aggressive about going for lynches instead of no-lynches, since every night that goes by is another chance that one of the Mafia gets shot. Therefore, anyone who votes a little too aggressively on someone with too little evidence is a bit more likely to be scum, and thus you can up your voting odds from 33% to 33% plus how sure you are this person's a scum based on these votes. It's not an exact science, but saying you don't know anything because it's day 1 (presumably because there's no flips or investigations) is not taking the time to stop an engage with the math and mechanics.

what the actual gently caress is this post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yeah hey massclarming is bad rn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh i guess trasson is new? thecog is too? hrm. i rly don't like that post that i quoted but if he new than i won't vote today

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Metos posted:

only time this has ever been said lmfao

quote:

Thecog seems alright if that's who was starting the idea of the massclaim, I forget if it was him or Gulagdolls and I think its Gulag I don't like as they seem keen to just kill off all our power roles.
I wanna hear more from Captain Foo and Flying Leatherman, Foo because his posts say nothing and I think he's a baddie, but also Flying Leatherman has a total of 3 posts, 2 since the game started (both of which were help aimed at me which I appreciate but also doesn't say much)

##Vote Captain Foo, happy to move it to Gulagdolls when I wake up if that's the direction we're going as they're my second choice.

i don't like the phrasing here about willing 2 follow the vote-train around

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm sorry I disappeared! I had some personal stuff come up last night. I know, no excuses.

After doing some light filtering, Tomm has a ton of posts that don't say anything at all and I'm putting my vote there today. He's not the only one, but there's some seriously low signal to noise ratio when you look at the number of posts.

I like this post of Trasson's and agree. I thought that Friction's post - the one that he's referencing there - was bad.

We should not massclaim if that's still being discussed.

##vote Tommunist

this post is pinging me real hard tbqh - why do you like trasson's post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm getting bad vibes from Foo and Friction. The former's hardly posted but there's something to the irreverence I don't like. It feels like a mask. The latter comments are quick bursts of thoughts on nothing really at all, a lot of D1 is hard and dumb sort of posts, and then an opinion on the vote leader. It feels like it was meant to go unnoticed. Imgay is doing the same exact thing, unfortunately he does this as town or scum but the especial pointlessness of the majority of his posts is definitely making me vote scum.

##vote imgay

im getting deja vu to my last game but i do find it interesting that you were getting bad vibes from me yet DO agree with me in voting imgay, effectively for the same reasons as well (being imgay)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

despite my snark about kashuno i believe him about being town miller

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

That response sounds like new town to me, actually. I am placated for the moment.

I think the key with how you see the veterans make reads is that we aren't as sure as we appear. Don't be afraid to throw down an opinion, even if its vague on D1. Literally any opinion is better than "I dunno, there aren't enough posts." Later on it's better to have something more concrete to form up a case, but early on we're just throwing things out to see what happens.

Your Day 1 Opinion is a Piece of poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

##vote captain foo hiding behind a policy vote that he claims he will stick to until imgay is dead

FOS@U SIR not a action just a strong fos

that's not at all what i said w/r/t my policy vote although i recall being v drunk when i wrote that post :beerpal:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i am having the hardest time actually reading this game omg. I will try and get a good read on things today. I think part of it is that I tend to give the new players a day of doubt and I find them scummy rn.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

this post is pinging me real hard tbqh - why do you like trasson's post

I like that he disagrees with the "it's day 1, we don't know anything right now" stuff that Friction's saying, especially because we've had a really high content day 1.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I like that he disagrees with the "it's day 1, we don't know anything right now" stuff that Friction's saying, especially because we've had a really high content day 1.

A lot of the content has been about new players, and I agree with kashuno that it's kinda good to give newbies a day to chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote Tommunist

There's definitely a lot of players like that. Friction and imgay are the two that come to mind and personally I feel they come off worse. Tomm's given some opinions and has a seemingly serious vote on Gulag.

Metos posted:

It was Cog.

Captain Foo posted:

i don't like the phrasing here about willing 2 follow the vote-train around

It seems poorly phrased. I think he means he'll vote Foo or Gulag as those are his two top choices.

Captain Foo posted:

im getting deja vu to my last game but i do find it interesting that you were getting bad vibes from me yet DO agree with me in voting imgay, effectively for the same reasons as well (being imgay)

I feel better about you now that you've started posting. I actually took your vote as a joke policy vote and wasn't taking it into consideration.

• Locked thread