Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

I meant a labeled, drawn axis. Not just having something in y. Since there is no scale or anything who's to say it's been cut off.
I see what you mean now, rereading. I'll agree here, I struggle to find enough evidence to say that Y-axis is or may have been truncated, unless this goes down the rabbit hole deep enough to declare three separate Y-axes, with those corresponding to blue seasons being truncated. Hell, even then truncation is not exactly what's happening here, it's a scaling issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

But that's all footballers.

Glasgow Celtic games frequently feature "free Palestine" banners.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Tiberius Thyben posted:

But that's all footballers.

I'm not part of the culture so I don't really know, but it seems to me like it runs the gamut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Cmzvt549Y

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kalstrams posted:

I see what you mean now, rereading. I'll agree here, I struggle to find enough evidence to say that Y-axis is or may have been truncated, unless this goes down the rabbit hole deep enough to declare three separate Y-axes, with those corresponding to blue seasons being truncated. Hell, even then truncation is not exactly what's happening here, it's a scaling issue.

Yes, you're pretty much restating the point I was trying to make.

Also...

Godammit not another one of those. I really wonder how you can gently caress this up that badly without it being intentional. Ate they using loving log scales or what.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Fathis Munk posted:

Godammit not another one of those. I really wonder how you can gently caress this up that badly without it being intentional. Ate they using loving log scales or what.

Weighted by personal opinion of the producer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Does American Politics exist in some sort of Age of Empires spinoff universe?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Coohoolin posted:

Glasgow Celtic games frequently feature "free Palestine" banners.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah like he said, Celtic rule

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Lots of people are right that is pretty funny.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Weighted by personal opinion of the producer

I always try to accord the benefit of the doubt because I am naive and also come on, this is bullshit. But yeah I struggle to find any other explanation.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Makes sense to me.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Does American Politics exist in some sort of Age of Empires spinoff universe?

Yeah, pretty much.

The Iowa Caucuses are tonight, in which people vote for their candidate by standing in different corners of the room. The various camps will try to entice people in the "undecided" corner to come join them, often with songs or chants. In preparation, all of the presidential hopefuls have been hanging around Iowa for months, eating corn dogs and giving helicopter rides and buying up literally ALL the TV commercial slots to smear their opponents. This is how we choose a new president in America.

Join us :unsmigghh:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, pretty much.

The Iowa Caucuses are tonight, in which people vote for their candidate by standing in different corners of the room. The various camps will try to entice people in the "undecided" corner to come join them, often with songs or chants. In preparation, all of the presidential hopefuls have been hanging around Iowa for months, eating corn dogs and giving helicopter rides and buying up literally ALL the TV commercial slots to smear their opponents. This is how we choose a new president in America.

Join us :unsmigghh:

Are you serious?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

HardDisk posted:

Are you serious?

Oh, my dear sweet innocent child. This is just the first step in choosing the nominee for each party. The circus has barely even come to town yet. It's only going to get more bizarre from here.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
We're not kidding.

Non U.S. goons, pop some popcorn and pull up a chair. You're in for a helluva ride.

Also please, every time you see or hear something you find to be unbelievable and/or ridiculous, remember to have a giggle about all the times we are confused and say poo poo like "lol u have a queen that dosnt do anthing" and "wtf is a parlament" and "the hell is a vote of no confidence"

:munch:

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
While learning about our election process, remind yourself that this is how we decide something that affects the whole world, directly or indirectly, thanks to our place in in the geopolitical world order! :banjo:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Waiiiiit. I just read on the BBC that apparently in 5 precincts the vote was decided by a coin toss and all of them went to hillary.

:wtc: are you guys even doing over there.

E:

quote:

A total of 484 eligible caucus attendees were initially recorded at the site. But when each candidate’s preference group was counted, Clinton had 240 supporters, Sanders had 179 and Martin O’Malley had five (causing him to be declared non-viable).

Those figures add up to just 424 participants, leaving 60 apparently missing. When those numbers were plugged into the formula that determines delegate allocations, Clinton received four delegates and Sanders received three — leaving one delegate unassigned.

Unable to account for that numerical discrepancy and the orphan delegate it produced, the Sanders campaign challenged the results and precinct leaders called a Democratic Party hot line set up to advise on such situations.

Party officials recommended they settle the dispute with a coin toss.

A Clinton supporter correctly called “heads” on a quarter flipped in the air, and Clinton received a fifth delegate.

Similar situations were reported elsewhere, including at a precinct in Des Moines, atanother precinct in Des Moines, in Newton, in West Branch  and in Davenport. In all five situations, Clinton won the toss.

Hahaha

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Feb 2, 2016

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Fathis Munk posted:

DEMOCRACY

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I've decided to join ISIS. Death to America!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Waiiiiit. I just read on the BBC that apparently in 5 precincts the vote was decided by a coin toss and all of them went to hillary.

E:

Hahaha
Yea, Clinton "won" Iowa purely thanks to the coin.
https://twitter.com/FernandoPeinado/status/694345745420320768

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Yea, Clinton "won" Iowa purely thanks to the coin.
https://twitter.com/FernandoPeinado/status/694345745420320768

We at least cut a deck of cards to determine the winner in the UK.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aramoro posted:

We at least cut a deck of cards to determine the winner in the UK.
do you pull until someone gets a queen of spades?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

How does this poo poo work? Do you have to be a member of the democratic party to vote in the democrats prelims? What if you're not a member of either party? Do you not get the right to vote? What if you're a member of both parties? Or is that illegal?

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I went to this last night! What happened was you go to the place for your party, if you're already registered you'll be on a list and just have to sign your name and note which candidate you're for. If you're not registered, or registered as the other party, they have papers for you to sign up right there. Once you do that, you go into a room and sit or stand with the rest of the people that picked your guy and they count you all up and whoever had the most wins.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Carbon dioxide posted:

How does this poo poo work? Do you have to be a member of the democratic party to vote in the democrats prelims? What if you're not a member of either party? Do you not get the right to vote? What if you're a member of both parties? Or is that illegal?

It varies by state. The poo poo going on now is all specific to Iowa's caucus. Some states don't have a caucus at all, instead opting for a primary. For comparison, Virginia has no party registration, and anyone can vote in either party's primary.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Carbon dioxide posted:

When you register to vote in states like that, you choose which party you're going to be voting in the primary for. It doesn't constrain who you have to vote for for president, and it doesn't mean you are in that party.

Also, tactical primary voting is a thing for some people: they register as the opposite of their affiliation to try and promote an unelectable candidate in that party.

EDIT: Okay, I was thinking of states with closed primaries, not caucuses. There's no federal standardization, and it's a giant clusterfuck.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Carbon dioxide posted:

This is a party caucus. All the electoral precincts (1680 of them) in Iowa meet and vote for delegates who will attend later county conventions (99 counties in Iowa). At those county conventions, the delegates will vote for another, smaller set of delegates who will attend still later state-level conventions who will then vote for yet another set of delegates who will attend the presidential nominating conventions where that set of delegates will cast votes for which candidate becomes the party nominee. In other words, this was an election to pick the people who will pick the people who will pick the people who will pick the presidential nominees. It's such a big loving media circus because it's the first set of elections of a whole shitload of elections that lead to the next president, not because of any inherent significance of it in the overall process.

Yes, you have to be a member of the Democratic party to vote in Democratic caucuses, and the same thing for Republicans. If you're not a member of the party, you don't get a vote to determine who that party nominates to run for office. If you're not a member of either party, you don't get a vote to determine who either party nominates to run for office. As to the right to vote: First, voting in the general election isn't a right, it's a privilege that is accorded to you when you reach a certain age and can be withdrawn if you do certain things (like get convicted of a felony); and second, this isn't the general election, it's a political party deciding who it's going to nominate to run for President, you don't have a right to vote in that anymore than you have a right to vote for Grand Poobah of the local Masonic lodge. And when you register to vote, you pick a political party; you don't get to pick more than one.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zemyla posted:

When you register to vote in states like that, you choose which party you're going to be voting in the primary for. It doesn't constrain who you have to vote for for president, and it doesn't mean you are in that party.

Also, tactical primary voting is a thing for some people: they register as the opposite of their affiliation to try and promote an unelectable candidate in that party.

Please tell me that all these crazies supporting Trump are just liberals trying to screw over the Republicans :ohdear:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Torrannor posted:

Please tell me that all these crazies supporting Trump are just liberals trying to screw over the Republicans :ohdear:

Honestly, if I wanted to screw over the Republicans, I'd have Cruz win by the narrowest of margins, preferably in something that looks like a screwjob. Then Trump would form a third party and split the crazy vote.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

This election would go a lot faster with a ten sided die:
https://twitter.com/andytadlock/status/694340486908088320

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If there's only 1 death attributed to an animal selfie in the study, its very blue ballsing to not say which animal.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I was more curious about "Grenade" and 'Plane crash" myself.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Who takes a selfie with a grenade? :psyduck:

e: also, this is why I always sketch my own self-portrait in front of a mirror instead

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Selfie stick in one hand, grenade in the other, get confused about which one to squeeze?

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

zedprime posted:

If there's only 1 death attributed to an animal selfie in the study, its very blue ballsing to not say which animal.

I think that was this bull running death. (The video isn't loading for me so I don't know if it's graphic or not, sorry.)

A bison tossed a selfie-taking tourist in Yellowstone last year, but she made it out with only minor injuries. Idiot had her six-year-old daughter with her when she was snapping the pic.

Wikipedia: List of selfie-related injuries and deaths

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Whiz Palace posted:

Selfie stick in one hand, grenade in the other, get confused about which one to squeeze?

Pretty much, apparently:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/russia-launches-safe-selfie-guide-light-deaths-150707132204704.html

quote:

In January, two young men blew themselves up in the Ural Mountains while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. The mobile phone with the selfie survived as a record.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

And here I thought the plot of Four Lions was improbable.
I suppose dumbassery knows no nationality.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Phanatic posted:

In January, two young men blew themselves up in the Ural Mountains while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. The mobile phone with the selfie survived as a record.

I want this loving phone holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I was honestly hoping it would be two separate incidents.