Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mikeycp posted:

They are basically the same game. Though Re:Digitize is somehow worse than its predecessor.

How? The original was barely even coherent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Geostomp posted:

How? The original was barely even coherent?

It's a decent bit grindier, and some of the things the plot makes you do are dumb and arbitrary. Also the last chunk of the game is pretty poorly done, and higher level colosseum stuff is straight up bullshit.

I just co-piloted an LP of the thing and I wanted to die by the end.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Drashin posted:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a digital pre-order for Digimon cyber sleuth or anyway to get the pre-order bonuses if you are buying digital?

I'm checking into PSN every once in a while to see but I hope so. My disc drive's as dead as it gets so digital's my only option until I stop being lazy and get it fixed

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squallege posted:

I'm checking into PSN every once in a while to see but I hope so. My disc drive's as dead as it gets so digital's my only option until I stop being lazy and get it fixed

Good news!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/690702272045518849

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, clear this for me. So, if I were to buy this digital on the Vita (or rather, gave money to someone else to), I'd still get the DLC so long as I bought it this month?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wait, clear this for me. So, if I were to buy this digital on the Vita (or rather, gave money to someone else to), I'd still get the DLC so long as I bought it this month?

Correct. It seems it also includes the PS4 version.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Classy Hydra posted:

They gave Tales of Zestria a Steam release, so they're clearly interested in testing out that market. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bamco go down that path with later Digimon releases, considering it's less risky to move into online international markets.

Zestiria only got a PS4/Steam release in the West. Tales, in the west, is a decent enough moneymaker that they could ask for that kind of thing. I wouldnt be surprised if Cyber Sleuth is successful that the next game could get pushed for PC.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh right, tomorrow Digimon Heroes will be available for android and Iphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29w3VflKow

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's rather impressive how that went entirely under the radar. Also how long it took, considering the service for it was cancelled already in Japan.

That said I'm getting it...probably? I do have a phone and all, I'm just not sure how it actually works. The most I know is that the artwork in it is really good.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
So I'm assuming Digimon Heroes is basically the same as Fate/Grand Order, ie a gatcha-based card collection game with simplistic RPG elements and tons of stereotypical microtransactions.

KoB posted:

Zestiria only got a PS4/Steam release in the West. Tales, in the west, is a decent enough moneymaker that they could ask for that kind of thing. I wouldnt be surprised if Cyber Sleuth is successful that the next game could get pushed for PC.

Hunh, I knew the PC version didn't exist in Japan because Steam is barely a thing there, but I wasn't aware the PS4 version also wasn't released in Japan. That's actually a little funny.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/692711025175494661

Goddamn that Japanese cover

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Japanese cover is great, the US cover tries too hard but looks cool anyways, the European cover loving lies to the audience and looks awful.

No, seriously, you can't just use the anime to sell the game without thinking. Tentomon is only a normal enemy, and Gomamon isn't even in Digimon World.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZA_q_32Mw

:allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm so desperate for a new Digimon game to play that I started 'playing' Digimon Heroes.

Is anyone else doing the same?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

I'm so desperate for a new Digimon game to play that I started 'playing' Digimon Heroes.

Is anyone else doing the same?

I played it for around three days before getting completely bored of it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I played it for around three days before getting completely bored of it.

I've got a big Digimon itch that needs scratching and this'll have to do for now.

I just want to raise and fight with Digimon and watch them evolve and stuff. For now, it's either this or play through Dawn/Dusk for like the billionth time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I've been farting around with Heroes but it's just not holding me. Need to get some proper digital eugenics (digi-genics) to scratch my itch.

So what digimon are you guys gonna go for ASAP? For me I'll always be a sucker for Etemon and his entire line, especially Metal Etemon, though I also love Lilimon and isn't one of the starters a Palmon?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm gonna go for Taomon. I've always liked that line.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've been farting around with Heroes but it's just not holding me. Need to get some proper digital eugenics (digi-genics) to scratch my itch.

So what digimon are you guys gonna go for ASAP? For me I'll always be a sucker for Etemon and his entire line, especially Metal Etemon, though I also love Lilimon and isn't one of the starters a Palmon?

WarGreymon :colbert:

Is there someplace where the art on Digimon heroes can be seen at good resolution?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I've got to rush for a Veemon in any Digimon game I play.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I try to get Leomon or Gaomon types, but this time I'm going for Platinum Numemon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I forgot this game has both Platinum Numemon and Platinum Sukamon, gonna make Team Turd.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

WarGreymon :colbert:

Is there someplace where the art on Digimon heroes can be seen at good resolution?

http://wikimon.net/Digimon_Crusader/Gallery

There's original artwork there, then links to what I think is every card in the game below.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

my fav mons have always been Angewomon and SkullGreymon, tho I can see getting Impmon too (actually I like all the Tamers digimon, Renamon was my fav tho. MarineAngemon would be cute too) Oh and Diaboramon from the first movie I love him too

oh god there's too many digimons x_x

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I love Gatomon and ToyAgumon, and it highly amuses me that the latter can actually digivolve into the former in some canons. Lego dinosaur into holy cat? Sure why not. It's Digimon. The cat will turn into an angel later. Don't think about it too much.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

How could I forget about Impmon? I love the little bastard! Did they ever give him a proper Adult/Champion and Ultimate form?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rudoku posted:

How could I forget about Impmon? I love the little bastard! Did they ever give him a proper Adult/Champion and Ultimate form?

He's Devimon's Rookie form and all the rest of that crazy devil line.

Also I think in a couple games he turned into Wizardmon?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rudoku posted:

His most common Adult stage is Wizarmon, Perfect was kinda iffy for a long time, although Baalmon is definitely the preferred choice these days(even if he doesn't have an official level yet like most XW Digimon)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
gently caress me, Cyber Sleuth has no English voice acting. That's gonna make it a hell of a lot harder for me to play in long chunks.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The localization for Cyber Sleuth is far, FAR from polished, but at the very least it's not obscuring the game's setting as Japan and some of the more adult themes of the game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

gently caress me, Cyber Sleuth has no English voice acting. That's gonna make it a hell of a lot harder for me to play in long chunks.

yeah it's annoying as heck but i understand why they did it, they only had so much money to localize it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't mind it, personally. The performances of the Japanese voice actors are pretty stellar.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The most hilarious exchange in the game:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/205d0d79aaedb653238e1b7792d8e8dc/tumblr_o201teYryT1upwbmho1_540.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/846286ea62a19d2da3b49f5f7a00c89a/tumblr_o201teYryT1upwbmho2_540.jpg

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

zimbomonkey posted:

I'd be more upset about it if I wasn't skipping through the dialogue in this game as fast as possible. I'm on chapter 5 now and find myself bored to tears.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Smiley posted:

I'd be more upset about it if I wasn't skipping through the dialogue in this game as fast as possible. I'm on chapter 5 now and find myself bored to tears.

Maybe you should start reading the dialogue.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Strange Quark posted:

Maybe you should start reading the dialogue.

I didn't start skipping dialogue until halfway through chapter four. At this point I'm not invested in the characters or the story I just want to make monsters fight other monsters.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think you're missing out. Cyber Sleuth has one of the best stories this franchise has ever produced.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can someone be so kind as to inform me what I make Impmon from? Also this game loving owns, the style is so cool, I love the selection of Digimon to digivolve, and the music is cool even if it is the composer just doing Danganronpa again. If it had English voice acting I'd probably not stop playing it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pagumon. You'll probably find wild Impmon before you can convert those, though. poo poo, I haven't even found the Baby 1 form yet (the eyeball with no claws)and I'm in chapter 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kuramon were in the Shinjuku station level, paired in packs of two with Tsumemon.