Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Iglocska posted:

BTW, for all you naysayers, here, have a bit of the epic turret action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWC-dyZNf6M&t=839s
i'm the "see what you're shooting at" turret technology from the 1940's that has apparently been lost to the sands of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This is what I don't get about the Stimpire

If you cut off members, how do you go on with increasing pain

Like, you gotta be able to produce twice the pain with twice the members someone explain this it's important

Well I can't answer that. All I can say for sure is there is probably a crate full of shlongs next to a vending machine somewhere in the verse.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Ehh, I'm not so sure I buy that everything's changed so much that he couldn't succeed just because of the environment. Jordan Weisman was never a programmer afaik, but he's managed to help lead a team to Shadowrun. Brian Fargo was out of the game as well and inExile is generally chugging along. What you do have to do is be able to understand what you don't know, and know how to bring in smart people you can trust to support those knowledge gaps. That's certainly where I think Roberts fails. He needs to be as hands-off as possible for this to succeed, and by his very nature he seems to be the exact opposite.

Both have delivered projects of a much lower order of magnitude than what SC has become. The Shadowrun series are good games, but on a computing system standpoint relatively simpler than the "MMOFPSBDSSE" SC try to be.

Crobizzle would probably had zero problem shipping "Wing commander 2014" two years ago if he had the humility to say "Thats it, we are going into production now, end the funding drive." when they reached the 20M mark.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

:chanpop: it's so immersive! It's like watching a 10FTC video!

Nah, it needs his hands flailing around wildly for that.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Iglocska posted:

Please tell me this isn't real, that's just beyond awful... :(

Yes to both, not to mention all the stuff that for various reasons isn't in the thread. And I complain about MY job.

CrazyLoon posted:

"I'm being too nice." -at the end

Jesus loving christ, what a harpy.

I've met people like that, and they all got their comeuppance in the end.

So impatient.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Crobizzle would probably had zero problem shipping "Wing commander 2014" two years ago if he had the humility to say "Thats it, we are going into production now, end the funding drive." when they reached the 20M mark.

An honest question, was it greed or just stupidity and ego to let the gravy trainwreck funding go on?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

An honest question, was it greed or just stupidity and ego to let the gravy trainwreck funding go on?

Yes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ash1138 posted:

Haha who the hell looked at that and thought that they were worth saving?

They had a (barely) working product and tens of thousands of preorders

Plus this was way back in 2012, before the RPi, when htpcs were expensive and Android media centers was a thing

I had thought of buying a cheapish Chinese thin client to use for video and as an emulator box, and the Ouya thing honestly didn't seem so stupid

Dodged that bullet though

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
I imagine this is what Roberts does when he receives any kind of criticism.

This. This is awesome.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

HEY Y'ALL ITS MONDAY, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME STAR CITIZEN DRAMA OR WHAT
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SATABALL

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

:chanpop: it's so immersive! It's like watching a 10FTC video!

His hands aren't flailing everywhere. IMMERSION RUINED!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have yet to encounter one redeeming quality about this woman.

She makes my bosses not seem that bad. :thumbsup:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The Kins posted:

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SATABALL

Several news vans will be required to film this.

I can imagine croberts hiring a top-tier singer for mo-cap for the intro song.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

Several news vans will be required to film this.

I can imagine croberts hiring a top-tier singer for mo-cap for the intro song.

It'd be Sandi singing Horst Wessel Lied, and you know it.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Yes to both, not to mention all the stuff that for various reasons isn't in the thread. And I complain about MY job.

Sure it can't get any worse than this?...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

fuzzknot posted:

Yes of course. Hopefully they have space cheerleaders for the respective teams.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

fuzzknot posted:

Hey man, my high school based the tune of its alma mater song on the Deutschlandlied (the first stanza of which is often sung with Horst Wessel Lied).

I wish I was kidding. I don't think Sandi went to my high school, though.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

LuiCypher posted:

Hey man, my high school based the tune of its alma mater song on the Deutschlandlied (the first stanza of which is often sung with Horst Wessel Lied).

I wish I was kidding. I don't think Sandi went to my high school, though.

Sandi's not sure where she went to high school, either.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
So it's 10ftc today

What's the over/under of Chris addressing the Star Marine controversy in a professional and adult fashion

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

a while back but this was missing something

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Someone did this:
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-bot-will-tweet-at-comcast-whenever-your-internet-is-slower-than-advertised?utm_source=mbfb

Can someone set it up so CIG gets tweeted everytime SC crashes-to-desktop?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm gonna put it at 70/30 for not addressing it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

So it's 10ftc today

What's the over/under of Chris addressing the Star Marine controversy in a professional and adult fashion

imma guess he says this is his last 10 for the Chairman. Similar to when he said there would be no more release dates given at citizen con, the backers will see this as a good thing

thats my longshot hope anyhow

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

perfect

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

:perfect:

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

So it's 10ftc today

it will probably escape mention altogether, but if it is mentioned it will be in some sort of "it's the communities fault for not understanding their perfect transparency" fashion

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'll be surprised if it gets no mention, but I'm torn between him making it even worse by insulting the backers further, or back-pedalling in some manner to make it sound like actually Star Marine is still happening and it was all a misunderstanding.

Personally I'm hoping for a double whammy: another gently caress you to the backers for whining about his last show, and an announcement of more cut features.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

That's what I'm going to school for right now, so I'm at least as qualified as Sandi.

Is it true that some dolphins like to have sex with humans, and it makes their genitals glow red like on that episode of King of the Hill? Asking for a friend.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I have a problem..

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

The gently caress? How did the raise so much for a lovely looking unity game? Has to have been shill pledges.

Yeah, pretty much. There was some speculation that they hoovered up some 'spare' pocket change from actual sports people by pitching based on the idea of breaking the NFL monopoly (lol).

They followed up with pretty much the same poo poo for basketball. I think I recall that the entire management team were lawyers or something.

Ash1138 posted:

Haha who the hell looked at that and thought that they were worth saving?

Right now, it looks like it's being turned into set-top/incorporated stuff by Chinese manufacturers; I don't know what Razer were thinking, but it's solid alibaba level jank.

Lest anyone forget, they were producing the 'Stradivarios' of controllers, assuming that Stradivarios went for 'vague and plasticky' in his controller line.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I doubt Crobbler will give the slightest poo poo about the drama the last 10FTC has caused. He'll just carry on Crobbling.

I'd like to address the dangerous chat going on in this thread about Goons developing a game together. History does not view these endeavors favuorably. Four nubile slaves on the edge of the stimpire.

I have no doubt there is enough talent in this thread to make a passable run at a game, but lets not go there.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Sandi's not sure where she went to high school, either.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

I'll be surprised if it gets no mention, but I'm torn between him making it even worse by insulting the backers further, or back-pedalling in some manner to make it sound like actually Star Marine is still happening and it was all a misunderstanding.

Personally I'm hoping for a double whammy: another gently caress you to the backers for whining about his last show, and an announcement of more cut features.

That would be great
My bet is for the absolute weakest kind of "well sorry that you got it all wrong :smuggo:" non-apology

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

lol that shirt says "select simulation module to begin". Did they just take a screenshot of the game and slap it on a shirt?

Just what I always wanted, clothing that makes me look like a game menu.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6314763/#Comment_6314763

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A backer waiting to receive his immersion.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

I'd like to address the dangerous chat going on in this thread about Goons developing a game together. History does not view these endeavors favuorably. Four nubile slaves on the edge of the stimpire.

On the other hand, home grown comedy has a certain charm.

Edit:

alphabettitouretti posted:

lol that shirt says "select simulation module to begin". Did they just take a screenshot of the game and slap it on a shirt?

Asking for a friend, but T-shirt based parody generally relies on the design not being mistaken for a real one, correct?

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 1, 2016

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

LuiCypher posted:

So did my boarding school.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm gonna put it at 70/30 for not addressing it.

I'm certain it's not going to be addressed.

Well, more than 70/30.

There's a chance. I mean, we all read his dumb reaction to the escapist article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Star Citizen: We're Laughing At You

• Locked thread