Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

FrankieGoes posted:

So Dolphins are kind of the Wulf Knight of the ocean?

Well all mammals are Wulges, more or less

Male bears can kill cubs so that they can impregnate their mother

Chimp males can band up and attack other colonies, killing the males and "stealing" the females

It mostly serves to remind us that evolution and :biotruths: are worthless as moral guidelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Most open and transparant development... ever...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I do wonder "The split changes nothing for existing backers... with some small exceptions"

This is actually a very slick move. Since nobody is going to pay for SQ42, and I don't see a lot of new PU backers coming onboard after the general public saw the free bits recently, then this is a great way to prevent any future income.

They really don't get that nobody cares about SQ42, do they? They are betting the farm on that income. Wow. The only people who could conceivably give a poo poo are already backers, and already get it free. I love everything about this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

So Dolphins are kind of the Wulf Knight of the ocean?

I (mercifully) don't remember if Wulf is a brony in addition to being a creepy dick-pic sending weirdo, but dolphins are basically the this guy of the ocean:

Basically they're creepy weirdos who don't understand what "No" means. They also have a weird preoccupation not only with loving inanimate objects, but also with loving animals way outside their own species. They'r the bronies of the sea.

e: oh and they get weirdly obsessed with the first human woman to touch their dick. Definitely sea-bronies.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
gently caress all yas', dolphins are cool and good. Don't equate them to the whales of Star Shitizen, just because they both sound like they live in a sea of dreams.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

alphabettitouretti posted:

FISH!

Today's fish is trout a la creme, enjoy your meal.

FISH!

Today's fish is trout a la creme, enjoy your meal.

Times six. That was the first thing I showed Bootcha how to make.

Beet Wagon posted:

This looks great, I'm trying it this weekend.

You may want to use fewer beets than I did, and possibly a different lettuce and/or less of it. It's a big loving salad. Then again, feel free to use a wagon of beets. Ahem.

serious norman posted:

cooked this fucker today;

Bootcha, we need to do Indian food. Specifically this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm this surprised *presses index finger to thumb as hard as I can*

Well at least they cleared everything up so now everyone can continue voicing accurate criticism and avoid rumors stated as fact

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

This is actually a very slick move. Since nobody is going to pay for SQ42, and I don't see a lot of new PU backers coming onboard after the general public saw the free bits recently, then this is a great way to prevent any future income.

They really don't get that nobody cares about SQ42, do they? They are betting the farm on that income. Wow. The only people who could conceivably give a poo poo are already backers, and already get it free. I love everything about this.

You think people care about SC and not about SQ42? How misguided to are. Real hardcore gamers like myself never want to see another player in our universe. Where would my immersion be if I see every other character run down the corridors of a space station? Imagine how my fragile escapism into another reality would be shattered if a another pilot would attack me out of the blue completely unhonourably!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Are any of those mandolin multi-tools good? Mainly for chopping onions/garlic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

You may want to use fewer beets than I did, and possibly a different lettuce and/or less of it. It's a big loving salad. Then again, feel free to use a wagon of beets. Ahem.

Haha if I even said the phrase "use fewer beets" in my house, my girlfriend would rush me to the hospital immediately.

My name is autobiographical.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I (mercifully) don't remember if Wulf is a brony in addition to being a creepy dick-pic sending weirdo, but dolphins are basically the this guy of the ocean:

Basically they're creepy weirdos who don't understand what "No" means. They also have a weird preoccupation not only with loving inanimate objects, but also with loving animals way outside their own species. They'r the bronies of the sea.

e: oh and they get weirdly obsessed with the first human woman to touch their dick. Definitely sea-bronies.

This guy is with us till the bitter end! :love:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The insufferable twats at INN weigh in on the Star Marine debate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_S910A89k

No timestamp because I refuse to watch it

Also this

Start at 11:25

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Speculation is not allowed in our information vacuum!

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

ZenMaster posted:

Start at 1:18:26

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ZenMaster posted:

Start at 11:25

No

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Is the Xbox thread the new FYAD

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

I do wonder "The split changes nothing for existing backers... with some small exceptions"
Why are Star Citizen and Squadron 42 breaking up on Valentines Day?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Random Internet cat is like

No 10ftc yet either. They must be worried about every word they say now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

You think people care about SC and not about SQ42? How misguided to are. Real hardcore gamers like myself never want to see another player in our universe. Where would my immersion be if I see every other character run down the corridors of a space station? Imagine how my fragile escapism into another reality would be shattered if a another pilot would attack me out of the blue completely unhonourably!

But SQ42 might limit your space dream by having things like "plot" and "gameplay", instead of being limited only by your (unbelievably mundane and boring) ~dreams~

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Please post more Croberts faces into the xbox thread

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

But SQ42 might limit your space dream by having things like "plot" and "gameplay", instead of being limited only by your (unbelievably mundane and boring) ~dreams~

I agree, I think that SQ42 will be one of those intelligent games that plays out in the players head. It's a fusion of CR's and my own dreams! Here is what it should look like for it to be perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdX8M8LO8Q

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

So finally bought an account to post in this shitshow!
Been a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of CR ever since he made the amazing Wing Commaner and omgosh the movie was epic!

In Chris I thrust, now why da fuuu can't i click on plat links? I bought that crap lol!
Oh and hi!

you'll do well here friendo

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LMAO and the crowd goes wild.
So the cheapest pledges don't include the SQ42 and the AMD Omega packages neither..
So let me get this straight, AMD gave Cloud money for some in game advertisement( and i'm guessing it wasn't cheap ) and those who bought it only get half the product.

Pretty much a blessing in disguise tbh.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

RattiRatto posted:

First they came for the xbone thread and i didn't speak up because i did not have hosed up ram,

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
That was fun while it lasted. TommyNoble is awesome and that Materix person is incredibly pathetic.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

RattiRatto posted:

I did, but it was too late :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey splitting up tSC and SQ42 will just mean that less people get to play SQ42 . When Chris sees people dont give a flying gently caress about his terrible scifi schlock he's writing he's going to get even more annoyed than when they were asking about SM.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Are you ready to shop 'til you drop in the PU???*

*Store Credits Not Valid

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Xbone is word filtered to xbone this is a travesty

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

Everything is terrible

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

I like how the bare concrete, barred windows, and security camera makes it look like they're working in a prison or something.

Good thing for all that Restoration Hardware furniture to class the place up.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

clothing for female avatars available for purchase, no female player characters, its the CIG way!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

female clothes

no female char in PU

edit: god damnit beaten

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Berious posted:

Speculation is not allowed in our information vacuum!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sure the women clothing are being done before the woman model is even finished. Sure clothing will be designed and sold earlier than a working character customize tool is done.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

You can only use citizen gems, each piece of clothing costs 500 citizen gems.

You can buy citizen gems in the following packages:

220 citizengems for $20
450 citizengems for $40
980 citizengems for $80 BEST VALUE

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'd say it's telling that they closed the thread as opposed to providing the 'accurate' information needed, but it's not like anyone at CIG has provided accurate information at any point anyways.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

clothing for female avatars available for purchase, no female player characters, its the CIG way!

They just try to cater to the playerbase.

So where are the furry tails and the brony costumes?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Iglocska posted:

They just try to cater to the playerbase.

So where are the furry tails and the brony costumes?

Bring it up in 10FTC. It'll be prioritized over birds and scarves.

• Locked thread