Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WAS IT EIGHTACE ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

EDIT: WHO GIVES A gently caress - 104TC IS OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

God drat he is a human muppet

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

please transcribe because i'm at work and all brain cells are dedicated to reviewing contractor submittals at the moment

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Speaking of thought crimes...

You all know the two narratives, either Derek Smart is trying to ruin Star Citizen, or CIG et al is ruining Star Citizen themselves.

So a long while ago I received an anonymous, unsolicited tip about an interesting spat within the Star Citizen drama. A third narrative appeared: An ex-producer was setting each side against each other in vindictive spite. This producer was setting up current CIG employees to be fired for espionage, waging a personal war against Chris Roberts. These pawns would be fired and would blame Sandi for their termination. Not only that, he was targeting me and high-level backers. "There are evil people at work here, but it is neither Chris nor Derek.".

I thought this was interesting, a third narrative out of nowhere. What ex-employee, specifically a producer, would hate CR and SC so much as to see it burn to the ground? I have my theories about who it could have been, but the messenger didn't interest me, just the message.

As I've stated before, CIG hired an internet detective in October. Perhaps I understated this. They hired an actual security consultant with FBI credentials to perform a full investigation of the Santa Monica office, CIG email/Skype database, and the personal phones/computers of any suspected employee (everyone not an executive). As far as I'm aware, this consultant is still on the books, paid with backer money (but most likely having switched to private funds after the first 2 months, wrote off as "Security Consultant").

The rumor, as I personally have not had it confirmed by more than one source (nor inquired beyond that source), is Dan Tracy was approached by this investigator to turn over his computer, phone, and emails under threat of firing and deportation. Dan immediately quit on the spot and walked. It is also rumored that this whole investigation resulted in the firing of James Pugh for obstructing the investigation.

But still, the major ex-producers had already left, and the investigator was still operating. Obviously they didn't get who they wanted. Who was going to be pinned to the wall as THE Judas?

A few conversations with sources NOT within CIG pointed to one candidate. They wouldn't dare go after Wingman, CR's personal and professional relationship with him would override any decree from other CIG executives, and Wingman was long gone and busy with his own game by the time the "witch hunt" started. Alex Mayberry was a possibility, but he folded back into ActiBlizzard very quickly after his departure and wouldn't have time or desire to see CIG burn (and attempting to assault the fortress ActiBlizzard at such a high level would infer stupidity). Any lower-level ex-producers/managers wouldn't have had such the ire and effort leveled at them, and this would have ended quietly and badly for the fall guy.

No, the one they wanted to pin to the wall was someone who would have had deep burning resentment for the CIG executives for treatment not just personal, but also treatment upon someone else.

I have it under authority that many attempts of scare tactics and privacy invasion were used to coerce a confession. I am happy to report that all those attempts were rebutted with the legal equivalent of "Go gently caress yourself", and said person is on the legal high ground.

Why would they pin someone to the wall for the leaks? Someone really hated this ex-producer. It wasn't CR or Ortwin (though they are not without blame for pursuing this action), nor Erin or Elms. There should be an obvious answer here.

So if my source is reading this, thank you for the tip. I am behind Derek and other ex/current employees as far as knowledge of the full story, but your tip was a necessary step into understanding the private security consultant situation.

This is what happens when you give adults who never grew out of the sadistic middle schooler phase 100 million dollars

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bootcha posted:

You all know the two narratives, either Derek Smart is trying to ruin Star Citizen, or CIG et al is ruining Star Citizen themselves.

So a long while ago I received an anonymous, unsolicited tip about an interesting spat within the Star Citizen drama. A third narrative appeared: An ex-producer was setting each side against each other in vindictive spite. This producer was setting up current CIG employees to be fired for espionage, waging a personal war against Chris Roberts. These pawns would be fired and would blame Sandi for their termination. Not only that, he was targeting me and high-level backers. "There are evil people at work here, but it is neither Chris nor Derek.".

I thought this was interesting, a third narrative out of nowhere. What ex-employee, specifically a producer, would hate CR and SC so much as to see it burn to the ground? I have my theories about who it could have been, but the messenger didn't interest me, just the message.

As I've stated before, CIG hired an internet detective in October. Perhaps I understated this. They hired an actual security consultant with FBI credentials to perform a full investigation of the Santa Monica office, CIG email/Skype database, and the personal phones/computers of any suspected employee (everyone not an executive). As far as I'm aware, this consultant is still on the books, paid with backer money (but most likely having switched to private funds after the first 2 months, wrote off as "Security Consultant").

The rumor, as I personally have not had it confirmed by more than one source (nor inquired beyond that source), is Dan Tracy was approached by this investigator to turn over his computer, phone, and emails under threat of firing and deportation. Dan immediately quit on the spot and walked. It is also rumored that this whole investigation resulted in the firing of James Pugh for obstructing the investigation.

But still, the major ex-producers had already left, and the investigator was still operating. Obviously they didn't get who they wanted. Who was going to be pinned to the wall as THE Judas?

A few conversations with sources NOT within CIG pointed to one candidate. They wouldn't dare go after Wingman, CR's personal and professional relationship with him would override any decree from other CIG executives, and Wingman was long gone and busy with his own game by the time the "witch hunt" started. Alex Mayberry was a possibility, but he folded back into ActiBlizzard very quickly after his departure and wouldn't have time or desire to see CIG burn (and attempting to assault the fortress ActiBlizzard at such a high level would infer stupidity). Any lower-level ex-producers/managers wouldn't have had such the ire and effort leveled at them, and this would have ended quietly and badly for the fall guy.

No, the one they wanted to pin to the wall was someone who would have had deep burning resentment for the CIG executives for treatment not just personal, but also treatment upon someone else.

I have it under authority that many attempts of scare tactics and privacy invasion were used to coerce a confession. I am happy to report that all those attempts were rebutted with the legal equivalent of "Go gently caress yourself", and said person is on the legal high ground.

Why would they pin someone to the wall for the leaks? Someone really hated this ex-producer. It wasn't CR or Ortwin (though they are not without blame for pursuing this action), nor Erin or Elms. There should be an obvious answer here.

So if my source is reading this, thank you for the tip. I am behind Derek and other ex/current employees as far as knowledge of the full story, but your tip was a necessary step into understanding the private security consultant situation.

good god thank you Bootcha for this bomb drop

did Derek Smart put you up to this? where is your games journalism ethics?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ash1138 posted:

now imagine that i have a confused look on my face

because i have a confused look on my face

because i am dumb

TL; DR: CIG got pissed about the leaks about employee abuse and whatnot, so they hired a PI (using backer money) to find a scapegoat to pin to the wall. They waaaaaaaaaay crossed the line of creepy. Around the same time, Bootcha "coincidentally" received an anonymous tip from somebody claiming that really all the trouble was because of some disgruntled former employee trying to stir poo poo up.

Eonwe posted:

this is my fetish

Happily, it is Bootcha's as well.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bootcha posted:

The star citizen ARG is getting really weird.

My apologies to whoever already made this joke I am on my phone.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

please transcribe because i'm at work and all brain cells are dedicated to reviewing contractor submittals at the moment

1st question is some meandering backslapping about what attributes from other MMO's star citizen aims to crib from / avoid. answer is rambly nonsense about providing "more immersion" and having actions that have impact on the persistent universe.

edit: god drat he is just dancing through buzzwords and all the "possibilities" without any specifics. talking about having a dynamic universe by having NPC reactions create further NPC reactions. blah blah blah

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I call this one : Get me a tissue.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

"The backers won't know..." -- Chris Roberts, as quoted by his (then secret) wife, when encouraging her to join him by upgrading her international flight from Coach to Business Class. She reportedly declined, opting for the $800 coach seat rather than joining him in spending $5000+ extra for cozier accommodations.

The backers won't know...

Is this online somewhere? Would be funny to torment reddit with

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I call this one : Get me a tissue.

the face of coke.... lots and lots of coke and probs booze and strippers

i also really like the fact that the way he looks is all thanks to a stylist he has on the payroll

"deep working on everything and general planning stuff" - nods head

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 2, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

fuzzknot posted:

TL; DR: CIG got pissed about the leaks about employee abuse and whatnot, so they hired a PI (using backer money) to find a scapegoat to pin to the wall. They waaaaaaaaaay crossed the line of creepy. Around the same time, Bootcha "coincidentally" received an anonymous tip from somebody claiming that really all the trouble was because of some disgruntled former employee trying to stir poo poo up.
yeah but who is the poo poo stirrer? it sounded like the answer was obvious, but not to me

what IS obvious to me is that this contractor rarely even looks at these submittals before they're sent to us

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

CR reiterated how much it annoys him when people think of AC/SM as separate games lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Agrajag posted:

the face of coke.... lots and lots of coke and probs booze and strippers

i also really like the fact that the way he looks is all thanks to a stylist he has on the payroll

"deep working on everything and general planning stuff" - nods head

The stylist is blind and deaf and also a corpse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

2nd question: how does docking on other ships work?

... and the rambling begins anew. "we haven't fully fleshed out the design." geez you don't say

WHO IS ASKING THIS NONSENSE? IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU CARE ABOUT?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

CR reiterated how much it annoys him when people think of AC/SM as separate games lol

ahahaha

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The stylist is blind and deaf and also a corpse.

i styled my tissue watching Chris drone on about "stuff"

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

This is their chance to play make believe with the person to whom they've given thousands of dollars, let them play pretend if they want

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

put that behind the paywall god damnit OPSEC OPSEC

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress i thought i could watch all of this but i'm gonna skip through for highlights, this is just too infuriating

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

we have been developing this for four years but we haven't really fleshed out how players' ships will interact

it's obvious he doesn't give a poo poo about the game and only cares about his interactive digital movie

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

2nd question: how does docking on other ships work?

... and the rambling begins anew. "we haven't fully fleshed out the design." geez you don't say

WHO IS ASKING THIS NONSENSE? IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU CARE ABOUT?

Haha what? 4 years in development and they still haven't finalized the designs for how a thing is going to work.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 2, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

There is always more and it is always worse.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

yeah but who is the poo poo stirrer? it sounded like the answer was obvious, but not to me

what IS obvious to me is that this contractor rarely even looks at these submittals before they're sent to us

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Justin Tyme posted:

we have been developing this for four years but we haven't really fleshed out how players' ships will interact

it's obvious he doesn't give a poo poo about the game and only cares about his interactive digital movie

blah blah blah stuff and poo poo and comparing to other games and we will revolutionize their successful models. youre welcome

good god motherfucker says a whole lot of nothing for 30+ minutes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Is there a single gameplay feature that where they have finalized the design?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Berious posted:

Is this online somewhere? Would be funny to torment reddit with
It's from the Sunny's Diner interview with Sandi that was posted 50 pages ago. The file itself isn't downloadable from that page but i hijacked the interview. I can upload the mp3 of it. With a backbeat.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ash1138 posted:

Probably nobody; that was my point. I think somebody within CIG just pretended there was in an attempt to find a way to blame it all on Bootcha. Either that or it was just some random idiot.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

trucutru posted:

Is there a single gameplay feature that where they have finalized the design?

the moment he stops trying to cherry pick features from every single successful game release since whenever

oRGy
May 8, 2014
Star Citizen: Get that 'Verse a hearse!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I call this one : 2 weeks (before I pack my bags and swallow these wraps of cocaine)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
HE SAID FIDELITY!!! YESSS!!! :gizz:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

G0RF posted:

It's from the Sunny's Diner interview with Sandi that was posted 50 pages ago. The file itself isn't downloadable from that page but i hijacked the interview. I can upload the mp3 of it. With a backbeat.

Can you snip the part where she's talking about first class seats, make it loop on the bit where she says "the backers won't know" and upload to YouTube.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
someone cut off Chris' hands to stop him from waving them around like a sperging out child

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

but here are some digital clothes for your spacemans

get hyped boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOyEcb5jJfE&t=1380s

this question is where chris reiterates his frustration that people think of these things as "seperate games", while they're facets of the overall game, which is what you get when you're flying around, yadda yadda yadda...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Just to have some fun with the bogus speculation: A fun factoid concerning Robert's relationship with the Star Wars franchise surrounds the Wing Commander movie being rushed so as to be out in time to host the Phantom Menace trailer. The idea of S42 being rushed to be part of whatever is supposed to be next (Rogue Squadron?)'s trailer would be pretty good.

It's like poetry, you see. It rhymes.

The mouse never let anyone even try to steal their thunder. All preview reel before a Disney movie come from studios that Disney own a part of. Just having a character with the nickname "Pusher" would be enough to get a "No" from Disney.

• Locked thread