Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Metos posted:

1) Not substantiated with anything? How about actually reading their posts? Wanting to kill off power roles and sacrifice them for a weird shot of possibly finding the mafia but if they play better than us actually just loving us over and costing us the powers permanently at a gain that could be too slow that we're all dead before the mafia are, how is that not a terrible scummy thing to suggest.

it was terrible but the reasoning was too transparent to be scum, im h fuckken o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Updated

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Can I change a suspicion to you just to make Jakep feel lonely?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I caught up!

100% MOD CONFIRMED TOWN
Asiina
Kashuno - uncounterclaimed Miller ezpz

Newbies who are acting townie
Trasson
TheCog

People who say things I agree with and are probably town
100YrsofAttitude
JakeP

Mysterious people I'm not quite sure about (this list is in no particular order)

Flying Leatherman
AnonymousNarcotics
Friction.123
Metos
Lumpen
Captain Foo

Super Scum!
GulagDolls
imgay
Tommunist
King Burgundy

I will explain my town and scum reads...in the next post!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Telling someone to eat your rear end isn't an insult Foo

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

u can eat my rear end :)

hi thanks for coming back! It makes me feel better about you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

Of course this is going to be construed as me defending FL more (I also think he is scum, but my reasons involve knowing my own role and that isn't a good reason), but I'm still going to give my honest opinion even if it kills me.

Wait what? So you think Leatherman is scum but won't vote him because thecog thinks he's town and you trust thecog?

Flying Leatherman posted:

Again, signal to noise.

I want to argue this with you because while I agree with your overall point white noise posting I don't think Tomm is the best example we have in this game. We have imgay, Gulag, Friction, Foo, and Tomm why not that are all kinda just posting somewhat irreverently.

My money's still on imgay. Let's ignore that for me it's a meta case. Your point is about the noise to content ratio:

imgay posted:

100 for omgus, kash for being kash, and cog for defending me

This post and the following two seem to be the only real posts in the game that are usefully about the game. Everything before is just him chatting.

Gulag's, who's notorious for this type of behavior, has been relentlessly on point with his posts. He's clearly for the massclaim and has dropped down some soft votes, aside from his vote on Anon. There's hardly any noise and all content.

Friction's post are really about the mass claim, a subject that seems to be helpful to talk about but really is just a smokescreen once your initial opinions have been laid down. Both he and gulag have this aspect in common. Even then the subject is about the game and it does provide content.

I'm putting Foo in here since I had him up earlier, but I'm not really leaning scum on him at all at the moment. Before he started participating his posts were about very very little. I'd put him down as the most reminiscent of imgay. But he's actually posting and playing now and so he doesn't fall into this category.

Finally Tomm has had some joke votes but when he notes here:

Tommunist posted:

guess joke phase is over

##unvote

he really seems to mean it. His votes carry weight as do his words and actions. Granted I don't agree with all of them and a lot of seems a bit pointless since he tends to post sentences at a time, but there's a lot more there.

If we're talking really about sheer noise imgay's got everyone beat. And yet he's said a lot less content than anyone else that could be considered in that category. If that's what you're voting on I really think you'd be better served voting the one player who's very clearly just coasting.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I mean sure if you wanna put words in my mouth. I would totally vote for FL.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I totally reversed my position on Trasson, and I want to explain why in case I happen to die in the night cause I think he'll get railroaded D2.

I missed this post yesterday, but I believe in it

Trasson posted:

Why is Billy a ninja? How is Billy a ninja? Can we roll that into his custom BSG character somehow?

Also just letting you all know right now if the Doctor dies and I inherit I'm going to say "Winter is Coming" over and over until I get lynched. You have been warned.

This was just after the role PMs were added to the OP. This is Trasson 1) Not knowing the flavour of the scum players and 2) soft-claiming backup. I think he did the second one unintentionally. This doesn't feel like a calculated "I'm so townie!" scum post, but something more earnest. That combined with his explanation of his post from last night I already commented on, I very strongly think this guy is new town.

As for scum, I've already explained KB. I don't think it's just a new playstyle of less effort, I think he was jumping on a bad lynch against someone who gets lynched easily D1 all the time. You can not put in huge effort into cases and still make non-lazy or opportunistic votes.

imgay and Tommunist are the same for me. They've both been present but sniping and not providing anything of value. If I ordered them which I'd prefer it would be imgay, but mostly because Tommunist said he'd be away so he's not here to defend himself. I would really much rather vote KB though, since I think voting a shitposter isn't much better than voting a lurker in terms of usefulness going forward.

As for Gulag I want to actually amend my list and add a new "sorta scummy" category with Foo, Lumpen, and Gulag where I have some gut feelings about them being scum, but they may just be style related feelings. For all of them something feels off, but I can't really pin it down. Would vote any to avoid a nolynch, but absolutely not my first choice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trasson posted:

100yrs comes out with a soft defense of gulag, a read on some other people, and then votes for imgay with no reasoning given. Later, he posts his reasoning: based on a meta read of how imgay has played as scum/town. Cog chimes in with a defense of imgay based on a couple of games he looked at; 100yrs brings up some others. A bit later he gives a final read on imgay, Friction, and Metos, standing by his vote.

100yrs is also in defense of the plan but sends his votes in a different direction. As someone pointed out, there's plenty of content to make use of. Why make a meta vote? Cog is against it, and brings up previous games, and 100yrs brings up even earlier games. This is suspiciously convenient if and only if they're both Mafia; it's merely coincidental otherwise. As much as I'd like to say 100yrs is scum based on this, I don't have enough backing it up.

If pressed I'd go and give a look at some other players but at that point I'd probably just be looking for evidence to fit a narrative (I mean, even more so than this looks). Based on the above I'm feeling most strongest on TheCog as scum, but I'll certainly keep an open mind as deadline approaches. Nevertheless, I shall put my money where my mouth is in the meantime:

##vote TheCog

My meta reasoning on imgay wasn't after the fact. It just wasn't necessarily stated as such in the post itself. I should've been clearer.

Also I don't agree with the plan as stated here:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

These sort of logic games aren't something I'm particularly good at sussing out. Assuming you're right it seems like it could work, but it genuinely does not seem like a fun way to play the game at all. I'd rather be wrong with every one of my convictions and end up losing since it's more fun at yelling at everyone calling them fools and being denigrated back, as is really the true spirit of the Mafia game.

I still haven't bothered to doublecheck his math, and I don't care to, because I'd rather not do the whole thing as stated here for those reasons. What I do agree on is the fact that power roles shouldn't be treated as sacred because they shouldn't become crutches that we rely on to win the game. We shouldn't still needlessly sacrifice them however. That's just a matter of belief of the role powers play in mafia.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
360noscope

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
This is a pretty terrible time for a deadline for me, checking in while prepping and eating dinner, at least until my wife starts grumbling about it.

Probably can't update the chart again before deadline, but I will be here at least the last 10 minutes to avoid nolynch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

As for scum, I've already explained KB. I don't think it's just a new playstyle of less effort, I think he was jumping on a bad lynch against someone who gets lynched easily D1 all the time. You can not put in huge effort into cases and still make non-lazy or opportunistic votes.

My vote was not lazy or opportunistic. I will be proven right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's lynch someone now because I'm so very tired and I don't think I can stay up for another hour.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

So I totally reversed my position on Trasson, and I want to explain why in case I happen to die in the night cause I think he'll get railroaded D2.

I missed this post yesterday, but I believe in it

This was just after the role PMs were added to the OP. This is Trasson 1) Not knowing the flavour of the scum players and 2) soft-claiming backup. I think he did the second one unintentionally. This doesn't feel like a calculated "I'm so townie!" scum post, but something more earnest. That combined with his explanation of his post from last night I already commented on, I very strongly think this guy is new town.

I like this though and agree with it. Leaning away from you as scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't think AN will happen today.

Not really feeling Gulag, I agree with him.

That leaves imgay as the only viable alternative to me currently floating.

##vote imgay

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Friction.123 posted:

I mean sure if you wanna put words in my mouth. I would totally vote for FL.

I'm very interested in how you drop out of the discussion, but only return to rebut an accusation against you within seconds of it being up.

Who do you want to lynch? We have less than an hour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am lying down on my couch.

Sleep is imminent!

Don't expect me to be around for a last second switch.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Asiina posted:

I am lying down on my couch.

Sleep is imminent!

Don't expect me to be around for a last second switch.

Sleep. Your health is more important than a mafia game.

Fell better!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Asiina posted:

imgay and Tommunist are the same for me. They've both been present but sniping and not providing anything of value. If I ordered them which I'd prefer it would be imgay, but mostly because Tommunist said he'd be away so he's not here to defend himself. I would really much rather vote KB though, since I think voting a shitposter isn't much better than voting a lurker in terms of usefulness going forward.
I don't get the hate for KB tbh, even reading it again I get how its lazy and poorly thought out but it was pretty early on, but voting because he's posting a bit differently to normal doesn't seem right to me if he's actually got less time to post like he says.

Reading through Imgay again and yeah there's absolutely nothing there that I'd count as useful, especially that fantastic addition to the conversation above. Tommunist its hard to tell since he hasn't posted in a while now once we got more actual conversation going, but I'd say imgay looks more scummy to me than him

Foo I got happier about from his posts over my nighttime and was keen to unvote, but the recent set of them isn't doing it for me anymore. Could be the lovely style that makes him look good in the post count list but really counts for nothing. Agree with him though that there's not really a case of Anonymous narcotics.

Adding my third option I'm happy to lynch tonight, Imgay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi fam I will catch up now

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Sorry man I have work that leaves me phone bound. Teaching a couple students how to not break a vacuum chamber when I'm not terribly good at it myself is not conducive to anything more than checking up on the thread from time to time.

Reading imgays post history shows a bunch of single line no content posts. I'm looking at either KB or imgay for lynch, since my primary (FL) is an obvious no go. KB has at least put some effort into figuring things out so

##vote imgay

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looking at the vote leaders I'm still not getting the cases on Gulag. Is it because he supports the mass claim? That's not out of character for him to be disruptive. Also like I've said when he's consistent with his word he tends to be town, as far as I can tell anyway. I don't agree with gulag but I'm not so sure he's scum.

Asiina posted:

He hasn't made a huge case. It's not really possible over that tiny vote. What's weird is that he's tunneling in on Anon over that. KB's definitely been scummier than gulag.

King Burgundy posted:

Right now I'd go AN, Asiina, and Tommunist. AN is the only one I have more than a gut feeling on, though. (I'd support a lurker cuddle as well)

Again not sure what case you're trying to build on Anon. Her game's been fine so far. Asiina's not even got, that's just OMGUS. That said it's surprising you can't have anything else than a gut suspicion of players with the posts we've been offered. I think you just can't bend your arguments around players that you know to be town.

Scratch Metos off of that list for me (he wasn't really ever on it, I just said his phrasing read as scummy until I could finally understand it). I would certainly vote KB.

Friction.123 posted:

KB has at least put some effort into figuring things out so

##vote imgay

Has he though? He hasn't really tried to figure out anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Swap Asiina out of mine and sub in Jake instead.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lumpen scum

Leatherman scum

Anarc Scum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Has he though? He hasn't really tried to figure out anything.

Moreso than imgay, however low that bar is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
of the top 3 right now, gulag should know better than to advocate a massclaim d1 ##vote gulag

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I promise to contribute more to this game in the next day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Again not sure what case you're trying to build on Anon. Her game's been fine so far. Asiina's not even got, that's just OMGUS. That said it's surprising you can't have anything else than a gut suspicion of players with the posts we've been offered. I think you just can't bend your arguments around players that you know to be town.

My gut treated me really well in my last game, so I'm possibly lending it more sway that I normally would. But I'm not trying to build a case on her at all. What case could I build? Since that initial spat of posts she has done the scum trick of vanishing to escape attention.

If I get voted today, hopefully you look more closely at her going forward.

But based on the suspicion graph, looks like it will probably be Gulag. And I agree I don't feel that one at all.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I think the imgay vote is the easy vote. Lynching him will just give us a bunch of people saying "oh no, he didn't post anything, what a shame that we killed a townie!"

I think KB falls in the "I'm doing things guys!" camp without really pushing any ideas. I won't be sad to see imgay go, he's useless, but I think KB is more suspicious.

##Vote: King Burgundy

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Swap Asiina out of mine and sub in Jake instead.

Kashuno posted:

Lumpen scum

Leatherman scum

Anarc Scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys are too blinded by your own preconceptions of my posts to even look at them otherwise, so why try to argue about it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TheCog posted:

I think the imgay vote is the easy vote. Lynching him will just give us a bunch of people saying "oh no, he didn't post anything, what a shame that we killed a townie!"

I think KB falls in the "I'm doing things guys!" camp without really pushing any ideas. I won't be sad to see imgay go, he's useless, but I think KB is more suspicious.

##Vote: King Burgundy

imgay is never the easy vote. :) But you wouldn't know that, being new.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
imgay join me friend

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Of the vote leaders I'd vote Gulag. Putting my money where my mouth is since we're 29 minutes out.

##unvote
##vote GulagDolls

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote gulag haven't been very serious and better than no lynch

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'd rather lynch Gulag than imgay, but I think King Burgundy is the most likely of the vote leaders to flip Scum, and Asiina's vote may be locked.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 1 :awesomelon:

GulagDolls (6): Tommunist, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, Friction.123, Metos, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, imgay
King Burgundy (4): Asiina, TheCog, Lumpen, TheCog, JakeP, TheCog
imgay (4): Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, King Burgundy, Friction.123
TheCog (1): AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, Kashuno, Trasson, Kashuno
AnonymousNarcotics (1): TheCog, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, TheCog, King Burgundy
Friction.123 (0): Asiina, Asiina
Metos (0): TheCog, TheCog
Trasson (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Tommunist (0): Asiina, Asiina, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
Asiina (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Captain Foo (0): JakeP, Metos, JakeP, Metos
Kashuno (0): Tommunist, Tommunist

Not Voting (0): :ffg:

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 01st, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't want to vote Gulag. What makes him the better case of KB or imgay?

• Locked thread