Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

D_Smart posted:

Either they're monitoring PMs or the whale reported it to them.

Someone should PM something similar to an account they know won't report them (like another goon) and see if the get banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

There was talk a few pages back about the Restoration Hardware stuff, and someone (maybe even :lesnick:?) hinted they were purchased in a bankruptcy sale..

The office furniture for Austin was purchased via bankruptcy sale... the previous company in that space, IIRC.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BluestreakBTHR posted:

The office furniture for Austin was purchased via bankruptcy sale... the previous company in that space, IIRC.

I wonder who will get them next

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I know Derek. Believe me. But as you know, people in the spergosphere automatically assume anything you say can't be true. (We mostly don't but the backers do.)

That is why INN's elliptical confirmation of what YOU and EightAce have said here is very interesting. Because the backers listen to INN, and INN pretty much just pointed towards an end of Q1 2017 release date. They've heard that directly from CIG, yet the backers have not.

So-- maybe the better way to frame this is "INN CONFIRMS DEREK SMART'S ALLEGATIONS OF A 2017 RELEASE ARE TRUE, BASED ON CIG SOURCES! So why aren't the BACKERS being told? Is it because DEREK SMART said it first?"

Oh! Now I get it!
Sandi wasn't sure if she was supposed to give my station or INN the exclusive news coverage.

My bad.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Oh! Now I get it!
Sandi wasn't sure if she was supposed to give my station or INN the exclusive news coverage.

My bad.

I am not following your meaning - did I get something wrong, Bluestreak?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

I know Derek. Believe me. But as you know, people in the spergosphere automatically assume anything you say can't be true. (We mostly don't but the backers do.)

That is why INN's elliptical confirmation of what YOU and EightAce have said here is very interesting. Because the backers listen to INN, and INN pretty much just pointed towards an end of Q1 2017 release date. They've heard that directly from CIG, yet the backers have not.

So-- maybe the better way to frame this is "INN CONFIRMS DEREK SMART'S ALLEGATIONS OF A 2017 RELEASE ARE TRUE, BASED ON CIG SOURCES! So why aren't the BACKERS being told? Is it because DEREK SMART said it first?"

Maybe you should read the replies to Neurotic Jew's Reddit thread.

It's loving obvious that the December 2016 trailer will be a release trailer, consistent with CIG's track record of waiting until a product is finished to hype it. You loving idiot.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I may have found the best controller combination.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXvApICPnE

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I am not following your meaning - did I get something wrong, Bluestreak?

It's from when Sandi was e-stalking me via email.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

BluestreakBTHR posted:

jfc

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AugmentedVision posted:

Maybe you should read the replies to Neurotic Jew's Reddit thread.

It's loving obvious that the December 2016 trailer will be a release trailer, consistent with CIG's track record of waiting until a product is finished to hype it. You loving idiot.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
CiG should outsource scarf technology to the devs behind warframe

https://i.imgur.com/MQcuVE6.gifv

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Surely reading the SomethingAwful shark tank about their product is standard practice for high-ranking executives at large corporations. Do we know which Microsoft exec has the job of reporting on the xbone shark tank?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Things are getting too tense, here is a cat chilling at the vet's.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

I suppose my angle is I am interested in the welfare of both ex and current employees, and as I stated before these people do not have the means or financial capability to defend themselves against a libel/slander/espionage lawsuit. If CIG is willing to contest a UK civil suit against a goon trying to get a refund, you can bet your rear end they will throw personal and backer money at a lawsuit against a former employee. A court is a frightening place against someone who will do anything to ensure you cannot work in the video games industry ever again.

The best way is as it stands: Verified bombshells from protected sources from time to time, that stack up as evidence against CIG until such time someone turns it into a full fledged shitstorm lawsuit with CIG as the defendant. Or until CIG does something REALLY stupid, and the worm turns completely.

No one is even bothering to throw verified bombshells though, it's just all wink wink, nod nod. I mean poo poo, if there's even beginning to be borderline illegal stuff going on why doesn't someone give information to someone that can actually take some sort of action.

The people I feel bad for is the guy who posts up his reddit thread of "Hey just checked out this Star Citizen thing, I'm buying in for $1k" because he doesn't know any better.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Underwhelmed posted:

boning up on the ol dorothy l sayers eh catte

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

BluestreakBTHR posted:

:eyepop:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I like how the true believers approach asking a question about another cut feature. Not only do they have to make sure it's clear twice over that they are not daring to challenge them, but for all they know this may be the best decision ever? Cutting a multiplayer feature...may make your game this generation's Star Wars?!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Underwhelmed posted:

That's a lie. Cats do not chill at the vet's. They are doing hard multidimensional calculus to determine whether or not the advantages of free food and a personal human assistant are really worth the humiliation and utter betrayal of the vet visit. Also, trying to figure out good places to hide the body.

It just looks chill because of how distracted they are by doing the maths in their head without the use of a spreadsheet or at least some kind of graph calculator.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
A place where we all can have a personal experience

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

BluestreakBTHR posted:

sandi's interactions as a vp or whatevs has given me the most enjoyment from this

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

Surely reading the SomethingAwful shark tank about their product is standard practice for high-ranking executives at large corporations. Do we know which Microsoft exec has the job of reporting on the xbone shark tank?

its me, buy xbox's not jpegs

we even have a space sim

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just find it hilarious that she reads this thread.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
how much would it cost to play a pgabz video before the new star wars and can we feasibly raise that money?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

what I'm wondering about is, how much more stupid are they going to get before this whole thing blows wide open for good? I can't even fathom. It's like when Jason Alexander thought George Costanza was way too over-the-top to be real and Larry David told him 'that's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what I did'.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I'll never tire of the effort that went into making a tongue that you can't see in a closed mouth behind a helmet behind the cockpit glass in a ship you're firing missiles at from thousands of km away. Cart before the horse doesn't even begin to describe CIG. They built a cart in space hoping someday a solar system will spring to existence, then have planets, one of them will produce life, and horses will evolve.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Either they're monitoring PMs or the whale reported it to them.

I'm interested to hear what they have to say about it.

If they ignore my email. I'll keep sending them.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Do you think Reddit are jealous that CIG takes more interest in this thread than anything they've ever vomited out?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

how much would it cost to play a pgabz video before the new star wars and can we feasibly raise that money?

dooooooobies daaawwwwgs

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Do you think Reddit are jealous that CIG takes more interest in this thread than anything they've ever vomited out?

I think they are jealous. A 107 million dollar company is worried about a joke thread in a comedy forum.

A 107 million dollar company is worried about a joke thread in a comedy forum.

A sentence I never thought I would ever type in my lifetime, but there you go.

Also hi sandi and paaarp.

Stealth edit: pro cat vet. they be plotting the demise of everything .

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Squadron 42 is a 'sleeper hit', because even a deluded fanboy believes that the game is going to be garbage and not sell well.

:gary:

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

G0RF posted:

Yeah this is definitely a better way to frame this.

Also, for someone who is better at photoshop than me:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
PVP is a lot like sex

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

is this real life?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Tippis posted:

Makes sense. He was involved with those in some minor way, iirc.

Meanwhile, in Elite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBXAgho3fw
Actual exploration in an immersive and dynamic universe.

Someone who is both Elite and Dangerous please go to M31 and check out the planet Y.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

How do you equate PvP to being like sex? How loving deranged do you have to be to confuse the two?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'll never tire of the effort that went into making a tongue that you can't see in a closed mouth behind a helmet behind the cockpit glass in a ship you're firing missiles at from thousands of km away. Cart before the horse doesn't even begin to describe CIG. They built a cart in space hoping someday a solar system will spring to existence, then have planets, one of them will produce life, and horses will evolve.

It is called foreplay lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

40-Degree Day posted:

is this real life?

No.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
The analogy doesn't even work at all

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
unironically equivocating being killed in a video game to rape is just so insanely wrong it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

actually maybe not for the guy that literally feels grief

• Locked thread