Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Relistened to the Speed Racer episode. Holy poo poo is it an amazing episode and I need to watch the actual episode.

IhavetheBESTreasonforlikingthatepisodeHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Squallege posted:

IhavetheBESTreasonforlikingthatepisodeHAHA

ItisYOUwhoarewrongbecauseIsentthemailitorecommendtheepisodeHAHAHA!

But seriously, the Speed Racer cartoon is delightful and you don't have to watch it high or drunk to enjoy it, but I'd assume it'd only enhance the experience. A bunch of crazy poo poo happens in other episodes as well, I wouldn't mind it if they did an episode on each and every episode of that show, because its amazing. Speed Racer does race against a train made out of gold

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's like Lupin the 3rd in that way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is there a youtube of Daphne letting that puppet go, it sounds delightful

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Calaveron posted:

Is there a youtube of Daphne letting that puppet go, it sounds delightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2eTLaYCe4&t=226s

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Here's how you do a fuckin' scooby doo remake:

Daphe - Scarlett Johanssen
Fred - Channing Tatum
Shaggy - Ninja from Die Antwoord
Velma - Zooey Deschanel

voice of Scooby Doo - Jonah Hill

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Produced and/or Directed by Michael Bay

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

precision posted:

voice of Scooby Doo - Jonah Hill

You'll have to pry that role from Frank Welker's cold dead hands.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ror posted:

You'll have to pry that role from Frank Welker's cold dead hands.

And it'll still make the estate of Frank Welker $70,000

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

"My me puppet is missing a button." "And I swallowed a button" got a genuine belly laugh out of me.
This cartoon seems genuinely funny, wow.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

TheFallenEvincar posted:

yeah, I agree, that shaggy is really representative of hip current youth imagery through the eyes of a 48 year old ad executive or something

edit: which I guess was probably what the original shaggy was, which I guess means this one is technically perfect.

It's the handlebar mustache. You can just hear some exec. after a night out at some trendy brewpub saying "give him one of those funny mustaches all the kids have these days."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Question for next week's movie: Does the Daredevil director's cut actually make it better or am I just gonna subject myself to 30 more minutes of poo poo?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

Illinois Smith posted:

Question for next week's movie: Does the Daredevil director's cut actually make it better or am I just gonna subject myself to 30 more minutes of poo poo?

Yeah it makes it better, but it's still in the realm of "not great".

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, it's definitely better, but if you hated Daredevil, the director's cut isn't suddenly going to make you like it. The scenes you likely hate are still in the movie. They just add more stuff. Like Coolio! And it flows a bit better. But I doubt your issues with the movie boiled down to, "Did not have Coolio."

I didn't hate Daredevil, and thought it was, at worst, "alright". I think the director's cut is therefore a pretty decent flick. But I recognize what people hate about it. And I'll just say this: the fight in the schoolyard is still in the director's cut. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's even longer.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I've never seen it. I mean, I vaguely remember coming across it on TV 10 years ago, going "ugh, Ben Affleck in a comic book movie? No thanks" and moving on. And I think someone linked me to the playground fight at some point, though I can't remember it.

I was just asking because you'll usually find someone on the internet arguing even for the shittiest DCs, so I wanted to make sure the good things I read about it were at least somewhat grounded in reality. At the end of the day I'm still gonna spend at least 103 minutes doing homework for a bad movie podcast, so better flow, more violence and a Coolio subplot definitely make a difference. :)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Illinois Smith posted:

I've never seen it. I mean, I vaguely remember coming across it on TV 10 years ago, going "ugh, Ben Affleck in a comic book movie? No thanks" and moving on. And I think someone linked me to the playground fight at some point, though I can't remember it.

I was just asking because you'll usually find someone on the internet arguing even for the shittiest DCs, so I wanted to make sure the good things I read about it were at least somewhat grounded in reality. At the end of the day I'm still gonna spend at least 103 minutes doing homework for a bad movie podcast, so better flow, more violence and a Coolio subplot definitely make a difference. :)

Oh, okay. Well these are all true of the DC, so you should try it. :)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I watched Russell Madness last night. What a stinker that was

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm a weirdo who doesn't get the hate for Daredevil. Like it's not fantastic but for its time it's totally fine.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
It wasn't bad, I liked Colin Farrell in it too. This playground scene is almost as bad as Catwoman's playground scene though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLntlRklNBU

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Oh man, all the HW impressions in this week's episode slayed me.

"Gotta break up those dojos, Bar."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Time to suffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9f0IAKYYI

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
YOU RIP THAT GUY'S DICK OFF OR YOU'RE NOT MY SON

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Finally, the movie adaptation of this Mr Show sketch

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That's all I could think about through the whole thing.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's definitely better, but if you hated Daredevil, the director's cut isn't suddenly going to make you like it. The scenes you likely hate are still in the movie. They just add more stuff. Like Coolio! And it flows a bit better. But I doubt your issues with the movie boiled down to, "Did not have Coolio."

I didn't hate Daredevil, and thought it was, at worst, "alright". I think the director's cut is therefore a pretty decent flick. But I recognize what people hate about it. And I'll just say this: the fight in the schoolyard is still in the director's cut. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's even longer.

My Daredevil story: For a while, during college, I didn't really have any friends and was in a pretty depressed state. I eventually made a small group of friends, and went to see Daredevil with them. As we left the theater I went to the bathroom and they all left with out me. I never hung out with them again.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

My Daredevil story: For a while, during college, I didn't really have any friends and was in a pretty depressed state. I eventually made a small group of friends, and went to see Daredevil with them. As we left the theater I went to the bathroom and they all left with out me. I never hung out with them again.

Send that into the mailbag

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Two things: one, I'm legit surprised they didn't catch that American Shaolin is basically a lovely version of The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. That's probably the most famous Shaw Bros. movie.

Two, who was that going "ee-cee-dub, ee-cee-dub" quietly during the ECW bit? Eric? Andrew and Steve seemed to mostly either be unaware of ECW or have it buried deep in the memory hole.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Two things: one, I'm legit surprised they didn't catch that American Shaolin is basically a lovely version of The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. That's probably the most famous Shaw Bros. movie.

Two, who was that going "ee-cee-dub, ee-cee-dub" quietly during the ECW bit? Eric? Andrew and Steve seemed to mostly either be unaware of ECW or have it buried deep in the memory hole.

It was Steve.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Collectively, I think these guys know exactly as much about pro wrestling as I do. I think one of them even said they stopped watching in 2001, which is when I checked out of it too.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's kind of funny, I was way too young for ECW when it was running (I was actually born exactly a week before Shane Douglas threw the NWA belt down and ECW became ECW) but in adulthood the WWE Network has turned me into a serious mutant. It's crazy how good they were, even compared to the Attitude-era WWF.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's kind of funny, I was way too young for ECW when it was running (I was actually born exactly a week before Shane Douglas threw the NWA belt down and ECW became ECW) but in adulthood the WWE Network has turned me into a serious mutant. It's crazy how good they were, even compared to the Attitude-era WWF.

I half expected them to mention the commercial of Kimona danced on top of the ECW arena!!!!
They also mention wrestling a lot, and at least one seems to be a regular watcher.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Both Steve and Andrew said they stopped watching after Wrestlemania 17 and the last time they tried watching they couldn't sit through a 20 minute match. Eric mentioned he checked out around the time the Undertaker first showed up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bobkatt013 posted:

They also mention wrestling a lot, and at least one seems to be a regular watcher.

All ECW mutants are wrestling fans (obviously), but not all wrestling fans were mutants in the 90s. :v:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

My impression of this podcast:

Give it a rest.
Just stop.
Ridiculous.

It's pretty good.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I think you mean "It's pretty good, question mark".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TetsuoTW posted:

I think you mean "It's pretty good, question mark".

I mean, you're not wrong.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

JT Smiley posted:

Both Steve and Andrew said they stopped watching after Wrestlemania 17 and the last time they tried watching they couldn't sit through a 20 minute match. Eric mentioned he checked out around the time the Undertaker first showed up.

Steve had a line once about how his wrestling knowledge has stuck around in his mind that I've used for other things since then because I love it so much. It was something like, "I picture my brain swimming in alcohol like a flooded apartment, and my wrestling knowledge is standing on top of a bookcase, just holding out as long as possible, while everything else has drowned."

I'm sure I butchered that, but you get the idea.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Squallege posted:

Send that into the mailbag

Done.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just sent one in too. I had it in my drafts folder for a few weeks. Finally finished it up. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

I just sent one in too. I had it in my drafts folder for a few weeks. Finally finished it up. :v:

Oh do tell. I emailed about dad taking me to see Zoolander, but they didn't read it.