Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Oh my bad, nm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not voting uncounterclaimed cop.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

No one is explaining anything!

KB builds a case on a single early d1 vote by Anon. He says it's not gut but that's pretty much all it is, as are all his other cases.

I'm phrasing things using terms used by the game is all. Sorry if it comes out as confusing. Gut cases are not the same as evidence cases for me.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
##vote Gulag

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: GulagDolls

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 1 :awesomelon:

GulagDolls (9): Tommunist, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, Friction.123, Metos, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, imgay, Lumpen, Friction.123, JakeP, Flying Leatherman, Trasson
King Burgundy (3): Asiina, TheCog, Lumpen, TheCog, JakeP, TheCog, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, JakeP
imgay (2): Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, King Burgundy, Friction.123, 100YrsofAttitude, Friction.123
AnonymousNarcotics (1): TheCog, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, TheCog, King Burgundy
TheCog (0): AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, AnonymousNarcotics, Friction.123, Kashuno, Trasson, Kashuno, Trasson
Friction.123 (0): Asiina, Asiina
Metos (0): TheCog, TheCog
Trasson (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Tommunist (0): Asiina, Asiina, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman
Asiina (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Captain Foo (0): JakeP, Metos, JakeP, Metos
Kashuno (0): Tommunist, Tommunist

Not Voting (1): Flying Leatherman :ffg:

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 01st, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Please note that the hammer came down with JakeP's vote on GulagDolls and that Trasson's vote on GulagDolls happened after hammer and does not count.

With the Astral Queen locked down and a full scale witch hunt in process, everyone was on edge - until finally, the tension snapped.

:rip: GulagDolls, TOWN COP, has been lynched on Day 1! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are Meier, one of the higher-up prisoners in the Astral Queen's pecking order. You have a knack for reading people, a skill that will serve you well.
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence your leaders and press-gang everyone aboard into service - they must be stopped! You refuse to be a slave!

You are a Cop, and may ##investigate one person each night. You will receive TOWN or NOT TOWN results. You are guaranteed to be sane. You may not target the same person on consecutive nights unless your action fails.

You win when there are no threats remaining aboard the Astral Queen.

It is now Night 1. Please send me your Night Actions promptly. The thread will likely reopen tomorrow morning EST.

pre:
User			Posts
Tommunist 		56
Asiina 			45
King Burgundy 		35
imgay 			35
TheCog 			34
Friction.123 		33
Captain Foo 		30
Lumpen 			30
Kashuno 		29
JakeP 			25
100YrsofAttitude 	23
GulagDolls 		23
Metos 			21
Trasson 		20
Flying Leatherman 	16
AnonymousNarcotics 	13
Nobody will be HATED tomorrow! :bravo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
After a restless night spent jumping at every shadow, you all awaken to face a new day - no closer to rooting out the infiltrators aboard the Astral Queen. Unfortunately, one of the guards doesn't report to morning muster...

:rip: AnonymousNarcotics, TOWN DOCTOR, has died on Night 1! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are Starke, a 'guard' and one of the higher-up people in the Astral Queen's pecking order. You're the guy people call over when a scuffle goes sour.
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence your leaders and press-gang everyone aboard into service - they must be stopped! You refuse to be a slave!

You are a Doctor, and may ##protect one person each night. You may not target yourself, and you may not target the same person on consecutive nights unless your action fails. Your protection will save a poisoned victim if you target them on the night they would die, but will not save them if you target them the night they are poisoned.

You win when there are no threats remaining aboard the Astral Queen.

The Doctor role has been inherited by a random Versatile Backup.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is 8:30 PM EST Wednesday. The Anti-Lurking Rule is still in effect.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Not Voting (14): 100YrsofAttitude, Asiina, Captain Foo, Flying Leatherman, Friction.123, imgay, JakeP, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Lumpen, Metos, TheCog, Tommunist, Trasson :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wow we are great

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
One kill.... poison?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Well, that went pretty loving awful.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Tommunist posted:

One kill.... poison?
Yep, or doc Narc saved someone's butt before carking it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Or a successful Jail of the Scum nightkiller, or Jail of their target. Or AnonNarc was targeted by both the SK and the Scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote tomm COME ON GUY DON'T TRY TO MISLED THE NEW PLAYERS.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote: Trasson
D1 newbie shield is now off.
Trasson, in addition to the series of Scumposts yesterday, lurked around deadline. Was there to vote the claimed Cop at the last minute, but didn't contribute anything or reveal he was even around to discuss anything until those last few minutes. Go back and re-read Trasson's D1 posts, he is Scum.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I have decided that this new chart is rad. I still most suspect Trasson, Flying Leatherman, and King Burgundy.

Please post your top 3 suspects in some conspicuous format that I'll notice and I will keep the chart updated throughout the days (while I live).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I have decided that this new chart is rad. I still most suspect Trasson, Flying Leatherman, and King Burgundy.

Please post your top 3 suspects in some conspicuous format that I'll notice and I will keep the chart updated throughout the days (while I live).

I don't like this.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

this is weak

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Comin....

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Comeon......Kashuno.....

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

code:

---------------------------
			!            -            !
			!           { }           !
			!           | |           !
			!        .-.! !.-.        !
			!      .-!  ! !  !.-.     !
			!      ! !       !  ;     !
			!      \           ;      !
			!       \         ;       !
			!        !       :        !
			!        !       |        !
			!        |       |        !
			!                         !

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have to start somewhere.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I mean I don't get it are you suggesting I'm scum for bringing up poison

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Metos posted:

JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

I think this is pretty bad. Jake voted, at most, 60 seconds after gulag posted. It's fair to say he hadn't seen the claim and was voting at the last possible second. I think this is a poorly justified vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I don't like this.
How could you not like a rad chart? What do you dislike about it?

Why is Foo flipping me off?

Am I a bewildered autist or something, what is the problem?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jakep's vote was entirely justified, even if he saw the claim. imo, extremely late claim by gulag while also looking like he was drawing it even closer to the deadline than needed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I have to start somewhere.

that was fuckin weaksauce attempt to jumpstart something, i think you're trying to start d2 narrative against tomm. i know people were suspicious of him d1 but i'd have to do some re-reading. idk if you were against him d1 or not.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yes, as lumpen and metos pointed out there are plenty of other reasons for 1kill, and it reads like tomm posted the first thing that came to mind and didnt go through the entire thought tree

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

*confused grunt*

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Setup note: if the missing N1 kill was because someone's poisoned (they would not be informed of this, if Podima is running the setup the same as I would), then the new Backup Doc now has an extra chance to keep that person alive, because Doc protect in this setup saves a poisoned person if applied on the Death night, but is useless if applied on the Poisoning night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

that was fuckin weaksauce attempt to jumpstart something, i think you're trying to start d2 narrative against tomm. i know people were suspicious of him d1 but i'd have to do some re-reading. idk if you were against him d1 or not.

I barely played d1 to be fair.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I barely played d1 to be fair.

Captain Foo posted:

code:

!            -            !
			!           { }           !
			!        .-.! !.-.        !
			!      .-!  ! !  !.-.     !
			!      ! !       !  ;     !
			!      \           ;      !
			!       \         ;       !
			!        !       :        !
			!        !       |        !
			!        |       |        !
			!                         !

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually feel bad about my vote, I laid down to watch some TV when i got home from work and fell asleep, I woke up at 6:56 and remembered there was a 7 deadline, I saw the votecount was -1 and I was worried a no lynch might happen so I hammered without reading the recent happenings, as it looked like there wasn't a chance to lynch someone else

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I actually feel bad about my vote, I laid down to watch some TV when i got home from work and fell asleep, I woke up at 6:56 and remembered there was a 7 deadline, I saw the votecount was -1 and I was worried a no lynch might happen so I hammered without reading the recent happenings, as it looked like there wasn't a chance to lynch someone else

yeah I don't think you can really be faulted for that vote.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:ghost: boo. Gl town :ghost:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah Jake's fine considering the timing. I'm more curious about Trasson really. It's not the first time this has happened to me in a game, where we execute an uncounterer cop to avoid no-executing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Right after it happened I was pretty convinced Jake and Trasson were scum. It's so easy for scum to get away with that and even if they didn't, they got rid of the cop so it never gets used this game.

I also didn't like this:

Lumpen posted:

2 minutes, -1

Do not believe his lies.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I actually had a feeling last night when KB made his "GJ ON LYNCHING UNCC'ed COP NEWBS" post after the lynch. Its just a sort of scummy thing to say in general, to act like he was above the mislynch and throw shade on everyone involved in the lynch, but on top of that it shows a lack of familiarirty with the town setup. Lynching the cop doesn't mean we don't have a cop, its meaningless. We might as well have lynched a vanilla town, and I think everyone who is town probably realizes this. I think it is scummy that KB is looking at it from the perspective that he is.

I felt the same thing to a lesser extent from 100 when he talked about voting the UnCC'ed cop but it was less blatant than KB, and upon rereading 100 I feel a lot better that he is town.

##vote kb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty sure that was hammer. Good job killing the (admittedly last hour)uncountered cop.

this is the post I am referecing btw he doesn't actually call us newbs but i felt vote shamed

• Locked thread