Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

darkarchon posted:

Well, the Cryengine can't do sprites like that very well, so that would have been hard to implement, because Chris would have had to do some actual programming then.

That is true. Maybe he could license that sprite engine from Confederate Express instead…

Booblord Zagats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgt17LwmT7c but in the CryEngine with 4 degrees of freedom and realworld shading technology

Also this is way too close to how landing the Retaliator felt

Yes. And CRobber is a mathsy guy, so he'll understand that 4 degrees of freedom means you can turn 4° per button press. Also, the Retaliator example proves that the high degree of fidelity would remain with this scheme.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The PVP slider also doesnt work with multicrew? If one person is slid to max and the other to min, you could argue that it'll just take the max, but since you can board anyone's ships and there's no groups... aaahhhh

Madcosby~aka~Cosbu

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Colostomy Bag posted:

And I want to be able to do contexual things with the sliders.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to like my new kindle but it took me a while to figure out it was more comfortable to read with the brightness way down, still miss the buttons on my original one though.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

fuzzknot posted:

Space grapes, space tomatoes . . . OMG somebody ask in the next 10FTC if there will be space farming and space vineyards (with space wine for the drink mixing machines).

Star Citizinfandel: delicately aged for only 2 years, despite spending 4 in various unsealed barrels and god don't you do any research on winemaking you troll?

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Thirsty Dog posted:

You can configure which parts of the screen page left/right though?

I don't want to have the touchscreen enabled while I'm reading at all. Sometimes I'll fall asleep while I'm reading and/or accidentally touch the screen. It would infuriate me to accidentally switch pages :argh:. With my Kindle 3 as it stands right now I can just leave my thumb on the next page button and press it whenever I want to switch a page. No moving of fingers, nothing. Just lie down and read.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

furthermore the Star Citizen community must be destroyed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

:perfect:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

:drat:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/Clifford_Miku/status/662745564988116996

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Nazi memorabilia and creepy schoolgirl statues. What a winning combo.

e: wait is this a shop, I can't tell. The lines become blurred when Shitizens are involved.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

oh god, this is someone's reality

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
My nymphomanic nun couldnt relieve her stress because she would only gamble in town while at the same time being banned from gambling due to cheating, so she suffered a heart attack in the next mission.

Darkest Dungeon is amazing.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

Space grapes, space tomatoes . . . OMG somebody ask in the next 10FTC if there will be space farming and space vineyards (with space wine for the drink mixing machines).

Space farming is actually already announced:

"An Organics Module consists of two Biodomes, each of which consists of multiple discrete sections – gardening beds – where different species can be planted. Each section has growth lights above it, and a command console that allows the type and quantity of radiation to be specified and the application therefore automated. The temperature of a Biodome – but not the individual sections – can be specified, so if multiple species are grown alongside one another it’s best to ensure that they have similar tolerances with regard to temperature. The application of water, fertilizer, and the harvesting of the plants is done manually."

Feel the immersion!

Link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-The-Endeavor

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Post-hockey partial-alcohol musing time:

I got VoidSinger fired.

I'm not guessing many of you readers remember the old LTI laundering days. There was an incident involving a chat/forum volunteer moderator who was advertising she was doing LTI laundering in the RSI chatroll. Goons pointed me at it, seeing I was the big fish with the insider communication track (benphone.gif).

I looked at the evidence, considered the ramifications, and decided that a CIG mod, as lowly a position it was, was still a representative of CIG and should not conduct herself in this manner.

I wasn't very forgiving in my position, many before me had told her what she was doing was wrong, and she constantly made excuses for it. So I tracked her down to her home base forums, where she advertised the service, and confronted her. My position was that she had two options: To cease any further LTI laundering transactions as she was a CIG representative, or cease being a CIG representative. Her response was that she asked Sandi about it and she was cool with it, she had done nothing wrong and felt no need to stop LTI laundering.

Ben was sympathetic, he didn't like her either, but she was "friends" with Sandi so his objections were met with a brick wall.

So the solution was to go straight to Sandi. Long story short I stated my position on the matter. I didn't get a response. Shortly thereafter, VoidSinger was no longer a mod on CIG media.

I guess you can say it was the most productive interaction I had with Sandi. I have no idea what happened to Void after that. I wonder sometimes, but not for very long.

I think back on it, and consider my options at the time. It's a footnote, barely. And yet it was power projection on my part. Made me feel like I was doing something to make the product better. All things considered, I would have done the same again.

Deep down, I still want Star Citizen to succeed, it was something I was a part of, gave time and professional effort to it. I want to have fun reliving old GHSC antics of espionage, theft, and murder-for-hire.

But there's no excusing bad judgement and petty excuses, no matter if it's at the bottom of the company...

Or at the top.

I think it's also likely she only got fired because of some other unrelated thing, like insulting Sandi's acting.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This makes me legit uncomfortable.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gerblyn posted:

"An Organics Module consists of two Biodomes, each of which consists of multiple discrete sections – gardening beds – where different species can be planted. Each section has growth lights above it, and a command console that allows the type and quantity of radiation to be specified and the application therefore automated. The temperature of a Biodome – but not the individual sections – can be specified, so if multiple species are grown alongside one another it’s best to ensure that they have similar tolerances with regard to temperature. The application of water, fertilizer, and the harvesting of the plants is done manually."

Feel the immersion!

Link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-The-Endeavor

The devs must get a new ulcer every time Crobber talks and announces another insane feature. There are entire games that just do this, but yeah we'll just implement it for use in a module in one ship why the gently caress not.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Star Citizen: Proceed to bacocking bay 4

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

:same:

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

alphabettitouretti posted:

The devs must get a new ulcer every time Crobber talks and announces another insane feature. There are entire games that just do this, but yeah we'll just implement it for use in a module in one ship why the gently caress not.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I know a dude who looks a lot like this guy, but his creepy obsession is just the Chicago Bears

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gerblyn posted:

Feel the immersion!

The Silent Run but with poppies, coca, and cannabis.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

He's like a sadder version of Steve Carrel in the 40 Year Old Virgin.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

My nymphomanic nun couldnt relieve her stress because she would only gamble in town while at the same time being banned from gambling due to cheating, so she suffered a heart attack in the next mission.

Darkest Dungeon is amazing.
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, but in a way, I think you posted it in the right thread at the same time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lmao they are putting in the Biodome

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I meant to draw attention to this post yesterday so this comes a bit late. These quotes baffle me:

quote:

Also something you should realize is that everything about Star Citizen is going to be very tactile and as a result of that very meaningful.

quote:

Visualization of your ship will be tactile and meaningful.

What in the hell is this guy on about? Not even taking into account his extremely confident cadence while describing the realities of a game that does not exist, this is ridiculous on every level. He uses the word tactile several times during his tirade, and he uses it wrong each time. I'm starting to think Star Citizen might not be a cult after all - it's more like a disease. Once you catch it, you slowly go insane until fantasy and reality merge entirely. In a tactile way, of course.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

That Works posted:

Lmao they are putting in the Biodome

I hope they get Pauly Shore to voice the systems on that ship or whatever

I'm sure they can scrape together the $18 and large Icee that it would take

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Gerblyn posted:

The temperature of a Biodome – but not the individual sections – can be specified, so if multiple species are grown alongside one another it’s best to ensure that they have similar tolerances with regard to temperature. The application of water, fertilizer, and the harvesting of the plants is done manually.

I'm glad they have all that detail ironed out. Someday there might be a ship to put it all in. Or physics. Or a game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

I meant to draw attention to this post yesterday so this comes a bit late. These quotes baffle me:

What in the hell is this guy on about? Not even taking into account his extremely confident cadence while describing the realities of a game that does not exist, this is ridiculous on every level. He uses the word tactile several times during his tirade, and he uses it wrong each time. I'm starting to think Star Citizen might not be a cult after all - it's more like a disease. Once you catch it, you slowly go insane until fantasy and reality merge entirely. In a tactile way, of course.

It makes some sense when he talks about grabby-hands cargo tetris, I suppose, but even then he's just plain wrong unless CIG suddenly decides to support force-feedback telepresence gloves.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm glad they have all that detail ironed out. Someday there might be a ship to put it all in. Or physics. Or a game.

…but the detail doesn't even make sense. You can have different-temperature zones in a car, right now. Why isn't that feature available in the (presumably sealed) compartments in a space ships of the future?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 2, 2016

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Guys I have a phone interview tomorrow for my first IT/Help desk job. Only have a basic A+ cert but am studying for Network+ right now. Wish me luck thx.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

Score one for toxoplasmosis, catte jpegs are cheaper than ship jpegs.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Xaerael posted:

This proof of concept has (not even joking) made me consider making a series of CIG parody figures.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

Man, I really wish they would make e-readers with buttons to switch pages again. The Voyage is partially that, but I don't want no loving touchscreen on those things. I love to lay on my side and read one-handed :argh: this is working out perfectly with my Kindle 3. I really hope it won't break ever, because literally no good e-readers have buttons for switching pages. That's loving annoying.

Well, the Cryengine can't do sprites like that very well, so that would have been hard to implement, because Chris would have had to do some actual programming then.

If it breaks you can get a new kindle 4 cheapish from china

I agree fully about the buttons, there should be a physical on/off switch for the touch screen

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Do they have the other details of the other Endeavor modules hammered out with that amount of detail, such as the telescope or super collider? I can't find it on their website.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i feel unwell

[edit] this must be what people in warhammer 40k feel like when a pariah is around

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

walruscat posted:

From the sound of your posts, this is how I imagine Bootcha cooking:

Hey. HEY. Hey. The smoke detector has only gone off four times, and not one time was there actual smoke or fire involved. I now understand why he was afraid of the oven.

He's having better luck with the slow cooker. He dropped many, many hints about wanting one for Christmas, so I got him a nice programmable one. The lamb was a triumph.

I maintain that he needs a gas stove, though, because gently caress electric stoves.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:godwinning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

motoh posted:

Star Citizinfandel: delicately aged for only 2 years, despite spending 4 in various unsealed barrels and god don't you do any research on winemaking you troll?

THAT'S NOT HOW WINE DEVELOPMENT WORKS YOU GOON

• Locked thread