Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

I actually had a feeling last night when KB made his "GJ ON LYNCHING UNCC'ed COP NEWBS" post after the lynch. Its just a sort of scummy thing to say in general, to act like he was above the mislynch and throw shade on everyone involved in the lynch, but on top of that it shows a lack of familiarirty with the town setup. Lynching the cop doesn't mean we don't have a cop, its meaningless. We might as well have lynched a vanilla town, and I think everyone who is town probably realizes this. I think it is scummy that KB is looking at it from the perspective that he is.

I felt the same thing to a lesser extent from 100 when he talked about voting the UnCC'ed cop but it was less blatant than KB, and upon rereading 100 I feel a lot better that he is town.

##vote kb

Nope. Cop is gone now, thanks to your bad or intentional play.

Podima posted:

[*]6 Town Versatile Backup (when a Town Doc, Cop, Tracker, or Jailer dies in the night, a random living Backup inherits the role. Lynched roles are lost forever. Each Role can only be inherited once.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
actually now i feel dumb I thought the versatile backups backed up lynches but rereading now they do not

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
STOP VOTE SHAMING ME!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

Your reaction at least makes more sense now, and was warranted.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You just got done voting me because you said everyone who was town would realize a thing that isn't actually true.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im bad and dumb please my ego can't take any more of this

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my spirit is shattered and my will crushed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
On the plus side, I learned something today

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyway lets just leave it at Oopsie doopsie, and move on please

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote flying leatheran

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I actually think the train on Gulag is super informative, it went from a position where no one was considering it, to a full speed train on the basis of very little, and it makes me wonder if one of KB and imgay aren't mafia and the train was designed to throw the town off a d1 scum lynch.

I have to re-read day 1.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TheCog posted:

I actually think the train on Gulag is super informative, it went from a position where no one was considering it, to a full speed train on the basis of very little, and it makes me wonder if one of KB and imgay aren't mafia and the train was designed to throw the town off a d1 scum lynch.

I have to re-read day 1.

its very likely really, though if it was KB why wouldn't he be in on the lynch

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Right after it happened I was pretty convinced Jake and Trasson were scum. It's so easy for scum to get away with that and even if they didn't, they got rid of the cop so it never gets used this game.

I also didn't like this:

So anyway, to continue on this, I still like this post from Asiina: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762381&pagenumber=11&perpage=40#post455726884 and it makes me think that Trasson isn't actually scum, but I'm frankly confused about his motivations.

Jake's recent posts seem genuine to me. So easing off on that for now, but going to feel really stupid if he's scum.

Lumpen still looks really bad to me. Going to vote there to start.

##vote Lumpen

Also since there was such resistance to the imgay cuddle, I'm now making him my second suspicion choice for scum. Leaving the third spot open until later when I have time to reread the lead up and vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I voted gulag because dudes were pressuring me otherwise and I'm too important to town to get lynched.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I'm too important to town to get lynched.

true

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I voted gulag because dudes were pressuring me otherwise and I'm too important to town to get lynched.

btw its li-ming day in the nexus

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

cool softclaim

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What I softclaik?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

cool softclaim

i think he just means because of his skill level and town contributions

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The reason I didn't want to vote Trasson is because he reminded me a lot of myself, with the second guessing and the leaving open of options. Of course that was D1 only and I wouldn't have voted him regardless. But then when you look at his posts.

Trasson posted:

Regardless of whichever team I'm on, having one fewer vote to be lynched doesn't help them so I might as well vomit out whatever.

Basically what Asiina said: I've made a whole lot of noise that amounts to "I have no idea what's going on but I want to participate!" which doubles as a great way to try and fly under the radar.

I'm pretty sure that's not a scum-slip but the phrasing is just awful.

Trasson posted:

Cog stood a little too strongly behind his plan even after saying he'd drop it. He's either dedicated or stupidly stubborn, no matter which side he's on. If he were full on new I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but if half the board (which by definition must include townies) is saying they think your plan sucks defending it is not how you look good. He's either scum gone rogue, the SK, part of a smokescreen for the other scum, part of a really hail mary scum plan, or just an eager young space cadet promising kittens and rainbows. My preference is towards SK: he has a vested interest in trying to out as much of both sides as possible, consequences be damned. Note his insistence on the power/not power claim, and his surety that the Mafia would claim power. The scum claiming power is bad for them, for exactly the reasons Cog keeps saying. He doesn't care, though! If the town claims their power then most of his job is done for him. If the Mafia are dumb enough to counterclaim power then he's got an easy coast to victory. Additionally, as the SK, he'd have a hard time of things scoring victory; more than anyone the SK has an interest in a longshot play.

##vote TheCog

It's really weird he wants to vote thecog for being the SK. I know we have to eliminate all threats to town, but he just as easily calls gulag scum and let's that option slide away until the final minutes of the game.

Trasson posted:

I did not mean Cog as hedging. I mean him as "I think he's scum but if I need to switch my vote somewhere else so we can hammer someone scummy rather than sit there going nyah nyah I think you're wrong/my choice is better/whatever let's no lynch then I will".

Actually you thought he was SK. A bit inconsistent. Still his vote on gulag does align with his intentions from pretty early on. He's INCREDIBY hedgy and unsure of his actions, which Asiina properly notes down as scummy but keeps to his message and opinions pretty regularly despite remembering what he himself thought just a bit earlier. I'm not so convinced.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

i think he just means because of his skill level and town contributions

Captain Foo posted:

code:

---------------------------
			!            -            !
			!           { }           !
			!           | |           !
			!           | |           !
			!        .-.! !.-.        !
			!      .-!  ! !  !.-.     !
			!      ! !       !  ;     !
			!      \           ;      !
			!       \         ;       !
			!        !       :        !
			!        !       |        !
			!        |       |        !
			!                         !
			---------------------------

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That one vote after hammer was pretty scummy I think

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe he will explain himslef.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's really weird he wants to vote thecog for being the SK. I know we have to eliminate all threats to town, but he just as easily calls gulag scum and let's that option slide away until the final minutes of the game.

I must have missed that post, SK hunting is a huge scum tell, it shows where his mind is at, and when combined with the regardless of what team im on post, it really feels like he has a scum mindset

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or she, don't want to offend with wrong pronouns

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Maybe he will explain himslef.

aye mayhaps he will

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The reason I didn't want to vote Trasson is because he reminded me a lot of myself, with the second guessing and the leaving open of options. Of course that was D1 only and I wouldn't have voted him regardless. But then when you look at his posts.

I'm pretty sure that's not a scum-slip but the phrasing is just awful.

Actually you thought he was SK. A bit inconsistent. Still his vote on gulag does align with his intentions from pretty early on. He's INCREDIBY hedgy and unsure of his actions, which Asiina properly notes down as scummy but keeps to his message and opinions pretty regularly despite remembering what he himself thought just a bit earlier. I'm not so convinced.

##vote trasson

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Or she, don't want to offend with wrong pronouns

speaking of did anyone see the weirdass schmorky thread in GBS. if so did you listen to that audio? :asoiaf:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote trassson

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

I actually had a feeling last night when KB made his "GJ ON LYNCHING UNCC'ed COP NEWBS" post after the lynch. Its just a sort of scummy thing to say in general, to act like he was above the mislynch and throw shade on everyone involved in the lynch, but on top of that it shows a lack of familiarirty with the town setup. Lynching the cop doesn't mean we don't have a cop, its meaningless. We might as well have lynched a vanilla town, and I think everyone who is town probably realizes this. I think it is scummy that KB is looking at it from the perspective that he is.
I agree that KB is Scummy.
However, just a note, in this setup, Power Roles that are lynched are gone for good. So the Cop role is done. Versatile Backups can only inherit roles that are nightkilled, which is why in the flip post it said we have a new Backup Doctor.

It was really lovely of Gulag to claim at -2 with only a few minutes left in the game day and no breadcrumb and having put zero effort into building cases for alternative candidates when he was the clear lynch leader for most of D1. He didn't bother to even list 3 suspects for my chart. His claim just looked like Scum making a lazy last-minute rolefish attempt to try to draw a counterclaim. What a Townfucker.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Was gulag the vote leader for most of day 1? I thought KB was when i laid down and fell asleep, i was surprised to see gulag as vote leader when i woke up

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/693810116563304448/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He actually was believe it or not.

The only reason I'm hesitant about Trasson is because I've pulled poo poo like that before as untested town.

Trasson posted:

Basically what Asiina said: I've made a whole lot of noise that amounts to "I have no idea what's going on but I want to participate!" which doubles as a great way to try and fly under the radar.

It's just all so achingly self-conscious.

I'd like them to check first. I'm looking into some other threads. Thecog had the same thought as I did on that rush to execute Gulag. I don't think it was all that innocent either.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

It was really lovely of Gulag to claim at -2 with only a few minutes left in the game day and no breadcrumb and having put zero effort into building cases for alternative candidates when he was the clear lynch leader for most of D1.

:agreed:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

a charged phone :eyepop:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

imgay posted:

100 for omgus, kash for being kash, and cog for defending me

I want to know if you still feel this way. Also why would someone defending you necessarily worry you?

imgay posted:

##vote gulag haven't been very serious and better than no lynch

imgay posted:

These are contradictory. The first seems like an actual opinion on Gulag and afterwards you suggest that we would no lynch if we didn't go after him despite both you and KB being on the table. Assuming that the pressure you mention in the 2nd post is the fact you were also on the block it's weird to me that this survival instinct was brought up in your actual vote post and that you never seemed to consider voting KB, despite the fact that his execution would've also saved you.

imgay posted:

You guys are too blinded by your own preconceptions of my posts to even look at them otherwise, so why try to argue about it

Maybe. I don't want to vote you right away right now especially as a lot of people haven't checked in and there's definitely more interesting leads to follow up. You also seem to be trying a bit harder now that it's D2. Yet can you blame us for shunting you aside when you post stuff like this:

imgay posted:

360noscope

which doesn't make sense in any context of what was going on in the game at the time?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can the new players post they have good content.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Can the new players post they have good content.

Well thanks for making me feel like all this effort is absolutely wasted Kash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well thanks for making me feel like all this effort is absolutely wasted Kash.

You are one of the few :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.

• Locked thread