Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

i feel unwell

[edit] this must be what people in warhammer 40k feel like when a pariah is around

To the surprise of no one a community with terrible moderation attracted deviants of all sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Great. I'm going in for dental work in half an hour and now I have to get knocked out with that image burned into my brain. I'll be sure to let you know what kind of awful fever-dreams I have.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also pro tip for anyone with a Kindle outside the US of A: if you got "special offers" you can contact support to get them disabled for free

It took me about one minute and they gave me no lip neither

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hahahaha holy poo poo

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Lmao, Mein Card

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

for the love of god, change the star in the logo to a swastika

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

cig heil

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

That's just a normal cabinet with Star Citizen stickers on it!

:yarg:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:thurman:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

tastychicken posted:

Shits gonna be worth a lot of money once this "game" explodes in everyone's face. Seems like a good investment.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

tastychicken posted:

Those have to be some pretty special stickers since they apparently (at least) triple the value of the thing…

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Please tell me this is real!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Those have to be some pretty special stickers since they apparently (at least) triple the value of the thing…

Every two seconds

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Haha

How I wish someone had a copy of that video where Sandi sings the Nazi anthem.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MeLKoR posted:

To the surprise of no one a community with terrible moderation attracted deviants of all sorts.
$35,000 on jpegs. he's gonna commit seppuku when this all goes belly up

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving sweet

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

I actually cringed. I have noticed though that the Weabo population is pretty high in SC, which, if I didn't have a mind of my own and already have gotten the hell away from this lovely project, would of scared me away eventually anyway.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

looks like he removed it

:wave: Clifford~aka~Miku

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dolvak said he will take it at a very good price.

That guy should just ask for a refund and sell his rig.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Oh man you guys really should read the thread on krautchan.net regarding StarCitizen. A lot of white knights (or maybe just one?) trolling harder than ever. Too bad nobody understands German here.

http://krautchan.net/v/thread-152060.html

Great thread, though. It's almost worse than reddit. :gary:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EminusSleepus posted:

Dolvak said he will take it at a very good price.

That guy should just ask for a refund and sell his rig.

He said he'll take the case lol so even Dolvak thinks it's poo poo for the price

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
'course he's a feeder as well

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/669243031615225857

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Doctor Fatty posted:

I get where that feeling comes from. I'm a huge online gamer, which is probably related to my love of online and multiplayer design, so I've got a real thick skin when it comes to the sort of things that people say online. Hell, I played WoW with the Goon Squad for years. I'm the multiplayer design equivalent to a white hat hacker.

In the same way that VR gives you that (incoming buzzword) "presence" to really feel like you're in a place, imagine having that same sensation used to make you feel like someone is really violating your personal space. It's one thing to read "I'm gonna rape you" on a monitor, but it's another thing to have your brain completely fooled into thinking someone is violating your space and whispering it into your ear. Enough to make someone not just swear off your game, but to swear off VR altogether.

Call me a care-bear, but I want everyone to have a blast in VR.

Anyway, I'll have my soapbox about this in March, so we can return to our usual Rift Vs Vive ramblings. :)

This is from the goon VR thread.

VR will give creepy dudes even more power of creepitude.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Yeesh, sell one piece of RH furniture and they can eat pizza for a year.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

spacetoaster posted:

This is from the goon VR thread.

VR will give creepy dudes even more power of creepitude.

There is something to this, with VR it is possible to go too far with a game.
For example, I stopped playing Alien Isolation in VR because I just ended up finding the stress not fun, it pissed me off ha ha

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

I like how they had to keep CR away from this guy because they probably thought he was such a white knight they thought he was going to steal some of CR's hairs and make a little doll out of it then eat it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Fuzzknot, do you happen to have a good guacamole recipe? I need one for Friday.

Sadly, here in Germany Mexican food is basically like Star Marine, people will tell you we already have it in our culinary repertoire... and then point you towards McDonald's Tex-Mex weeks...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

I like how they had to keep CR away from this guy because they probably thought he was such a white knight they thought he was going to steal some of CR's hairs and make a little doll out of it then eat it.

I read it as if he's across the country and on first name basis with their closest pizza hut

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

I hope they get Pauly Shore to voice the systems on that ship or whatever

I'm sure they can scrape together the $18 and large Icee that it would take

Considering the current ship computer voices, Pauly Shore would probably be an improvement.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

For example, I stopped playing Alien Isolation in VR because I just ended up finding the stress not fun, it pissed me off ha ha

scary games already wreck my poo poo enough as they are, i think VR isolation would actually make me piss my pants lmao

science has gone too far

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

peter gabriel posted:

There's too far, then there is this...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Spider Covets posted:

scary games already wreck my poo poo enough as they are, i think VR isolation would actually make me piss my pants lmao

science has gone too far

I think it has gone too far.
It's all well and good 'REALLY BEING THERE' unless the place that you really are is crouched behind a desk making GBS threads yourself

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

This is something SC needs to implement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

A "Citizen Score" based on behavior that results in rewards and penalties - like increased game crashes, lower gravity, fewer solid floors, etc.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wu Jen posted:

There's too far, then there is this...

This however is something I could use to blow up bouncy castles for example

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Goobs posted:

He looks like Jason Bateman's ugly stunt double when he's shaved

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wafflz posted:

Considering the current ship computer voices, Pauly Shore would probably be an improvement.

"Hey bbbuuuhhhdddddyyyy and welcome to your Roberts Space Industries Bio-dome!"

"Oh no kid, your shields are at 25%!"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I think it has gone too far.
It's all well and good 'REALLY BEING THERE' unless the place that you really are is crouched behind a desk making GBS threads yourself
One of the original Vive tech demos put you on the deck of a sunken ship at the bottom of the ocean, taking in the sealife passing by. After about 30 seconds or so, a huge whale would pass overhead, and briefly regard you before swimming off harmlessly.

That huge, harmless whale scared the hell out of a lot of the testers to the point where Valve were worried that adding a shark would actually kill someone. That sense of "presence" makes mundane things have a lot bigger effect than on a screen...

Oculus are also "strongly discouraging" jumpscares in VR games - they say it's because they're such a cheap way to get a reaction in VR, but it's probably to reduce liability costs from heart attacks...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

im literally going to see Hatsune Miku in May, lmfao

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Is it me or is that guy absolutely tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted: