Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
eat penguin poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.

Why exactly? I haven't noticed anything in particular.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
it's extra shitposty

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:shrug:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

I think Gulag is scum but lets be honest what the gently caress do we even know on day 1.

Friction voted Gulag early on D1 after the whole debate over TheCog's proposition. He eventually gets cowed out of it by Asiina and Jake and posts this defense that opens him up to saying "Eh, D1 amirite?"

Friction.123 posted:

FL, KB, currently don't have a third. Phone bound and in lab but if I get to a computer soon enough I can make a more detailed write up.

In answering Lumpen's 3 man question Friction doesn't give us a third. Even stranger he doesn't actually vote either of his choices at this point or later. He doesn't even vote for KB at all during the time that KB is one of the 3 vote leaders instead he votes imgay citing the fact that KB has made more nominal effort than imgay up to that point. He keeps this on imgay up to the -4 minute mark before voting gulag here:

Friction.123 posted:

Ok?

##vote GulagDolls

it's flippant, unconvincing, and wholly disinterested. He had kept his vote on imgay for about 45 minutes but doesn't really push for it or advocate anyone else. But he was around to add to the last minute rush. As far as I can tell this was the worst vote to be put on gulag.

The only other one that remains unexplained to me was Tomm's early vote. Was it serious or not, seeing as he voted Gulag after the latter claimed SK and just kinda left it there (this is probably because of the aforementioned bike trip.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

God damnit. This was supposed to go before my post of Friction. Whatever. The whole point of this series of posts of imgay,friction etc. was to better understand the rush at the end.

Kashuno posted:

of the top 3 right now, gulag should know better than to advocate a massclaim d1 ##vote gulag

I think that Kash started the rush to Gulag with this post. It was then followed by Leatherman, imgay, Lumpen, and Friction. Leatherman and Lumpen both had their reasons stated pretty early on on Gulag and the move is natural enough:

Flying Leatherman posted:

3) GulagDolls, for pushing the massclaim idea really, really hard after even Cog had decided to drop it for the time being. Not caring about keeping power roles around and discounting negatives doesn't make sense to me from a Town perspective because they can help with finding scum and preventing nightkills. I get that power roles are ancillary to actual post analysis, and that's fine, but I think it's bad play to completely discount them, especially when mislynching makes a PR disappear for good (and this massclaim idea, if scum claim power roles, would certainly lead to mislynches).

Leatherman came in a half hour from deadline and laid his vote on Gulag, seeing as Gulag was the most likely of his options. His reasoning and actions make sense.

Lumpen posted:

I'll switch to Gulag in 5 minutes if KB is not voteleader, but I don't know if the votes are there for either. Who's here?

Gulag was always Lumpen's #4 choice and he was pushing for KB till the last moment but was both active and allowed for the Gulag switch. It seems fine.

Imgay's vote is most likely an 'anyone but me' vote, though as I note in another post (that I wanted to add to this and then forgot because I got distracted by my cat and now posted sequentially out of order) he doesn't look into KB as an option at all. He has a pretty reasonable motivation, but it's not one that doesn't discount him being scum.

Friction's history with Gulag is a bit more complicated.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Anyway my conclusion is that Friction comes off really badly. Imgay wants to survive, but never went after KB at all in that effort. The other two seem tentatively cleared to me.

I want to wait for more people to check as I've said before, I may be back tonight but just to check up on the thread and tomorrow I work all day and company is still over but I should definitely be back in time for and up through deadline.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Lumpen still looks really bad to me. Going to vote there to start.
KB, what's this "still" stuff? Because I can't remember you expressing at any point in the past that I "look bad" or that you were suspicious of me, and I wasn't in your list of suspects D1. Can you quote where you previously expressed a problem with me, or have you slipped because by referring to something out of thread? Your vote strikes me as OMGUS for my pushing you at the end of D1.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
100Yrs why are you casing but not voting?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

KB, what's this "still" stuff? Because I can't remember you expressing at any point in the past that I "look bad" or that you were suspicious of me, and I wasn't in your list of suspects D1. Can you quote where you previously expressed a problem with me, or have you slipped because by referring to something out of thread? Your vote strikes me as OMGUS for my pushing you at the end of D1.

It's in the post I quoted. You can follow the quotes, but here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762381&pagenumber=13&perpage=40#post455761790

My first post of the day is calling out the three things that bothered me about the Gulag cuddle. As stated in that post, I've decided against following two of them for now, but your post still bothers me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

100Yrs why are you casing but not voting?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want to wait for more people to check as I've said before, I may be back tonight but just to check up on the thread and tomorrow I work all day and company is still over but I should definitely be back in time for and up through deadline.

I don't think D2 is a good place to be hasty. A lot of people I've cased haven't even check in and their comments will either add to the case or detract from it accordingly. I don't vote to threaten people but only when I mean it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I have inferred some opinions from the posts, if I have misunderstood anyone's suspicions or order, please specify.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

It's in the post I quoted. You can follow the quotes, but here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762381&pagenumber=13&perpage=40#post455761790

My first post of the day is calling out the three things that bothered me about the Gulag cuddle. As stated in that post, I've decided against following two of them for now, but your post still bothers me.
Okay, can you give an analysis or explanation about why that post "bothers you"? I am very interested.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Okay, can you give an analysis or explanation about why that post "bothers you"? I am very interested.

You already had your vote down on Gulag and you wanted to make sure the cop got taken down. It was your attempt to get someone to vote him and you could easily explain it away later as Gulag playing badly. It was perfect cover to take out town's most powerful role on D1.

Basically, I am refusing to believe Gulag went down without scum assistance there. It's too convenient.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100yrs = town, that's good casework and the lack of vote doesn't bother me at all at this point

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

You already had your vote down on Gulag and you wanted to make sure the cop got taken down. It was your attempt to get someone to vote him and you could easily explain it away later as Gulag playing badly. It was perfect cover to take out town's most powerful role on D1.

Basically, I am refusing to believe Gulag went down without scum assistance there. It's too convenient.
I think you're constructing a logical leap to support your OMGUS.

How is what you're accusing me of even Scummy? I did want to make sure Gulag went down at that point, because it seemed completely obvious to me that he was lying. Like I said before, his claim just looked like Scum making a lazy last-minute rolefish attempt to try to draw a counterclaim. At that moment I strongly did not want the "Real Cop" to counterclaim, if that was the case.

King Burgundy is gloating in hindsight about somehow having the ~wisdom~ to buy into Gulag's claim at the time, and I find that very Scummy. Based on the timing and manner of the claim, I was absolutely not expecting Gulag to actually flip Town. I'm curious who would chime in now to say they thought Gulag was going to really flip Cop, other than ~supposedly~ King Burgundy? I find that point of view so implausible only a Scum would even pretend to have it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my first thought was that gulag was lying

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

I think you're constructing a logical leap to support your OMGUS.

How is what you're accusing me of even Scummy? I did want to make sure Gulag went down at that point, because it seemed completely obvious to me that he was lying. Like I said before, his claim just looked like Scum making a lazy last-minute rolefish attempt to try to draw a counterclaim. At that moment I strongly did not want the "Real Cop" to counterclaim, if that was the case.

King Burgundy is gloating in hindsight about somehow having the ~wisdom~ to buy into Gulag's claim at the time, and I find that very Scummy. Based on the timing and manner of the claim, I was absolutely not expecting Gulag to actually flip Town. I'm curious who would chime in now to say they thought Gulag was going to really flip Cop, other than ~supposedly~ King Burgundy? I find that point of view so implausible only a Scum would even pretend to have it.

Nope. I'm not. But nice attempt to discredit my vote by calling it an OMGUS.

Keep in mind I didn't want to vote him before his claim. So his claim just confirmed what I already felt. But I'd like to think that even if I wrongly thought he was scum, I still would have had the brains to not vote him at that point.

I'm pretty sure at the very least 100yrs also assumed he would flip cop, based on his posting.

It's funny that you are so secure in your feigned wrongheadedness. "I was wrong, therefore everyone must have been wrong" is a really poor argument if you aren't actually scum.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Lumpen posted:

##Vote: Trasson
D1 newbie shield is now off.
Trasson, in addition to the series of Scumposts yesterday, lurked around deadline. Was there to vote the claimed Cop at the last minute, but didn't contribute anything or reveal he was even around to discuss anything until those last few minutes. Go back and re-read Trasson's D1 posts, he is Scum.

Lumpen posted:

2 minutes, -1

Do not believe his lies.

Lumpen posted:

HAMMER IS NOT DOWN

Yells at me for voting a claimed cop when he's yelling at people to vote a claimed cop?

For the record, I was on my phone and not entirely sure what I would do. In the time it would take me to post any sort of thought, deadline would have hit. I "lurked" until the deadline because I was waiting for as much information as possible. Gulag claimed cop but there was no way we were getting enough votes for anyone else (at least I thought so at the time; looking at it now, eh, probably still not enough) in time, plus like, what the hell, at the last minute you're giving us a choice between voting someone who says they're cop at a really convenient time or not lynching anyone. I made a last minute call: if we're wrong, that's bad but at least we have information versus being wrong a scum no lynch where we have no real info.

Now, Podima says that JakeP was the hammer vote and mine didn't count, despite Votefinder having a hiccup at that moment. No one really contested this, at least in public. Either someone did in private, if the mod says something it goes no matter what, or this would be a generally understood sequence of events. I'm assuming it's the last one, as Gulag and a few other players believed it was definitely hammer despite VF not chiming in.

And yet Lumpen is up there calling me out on voting a claimed cop (when it didn't even matter) despite not unvoting himself and being around at the deadline and even yelling at others to be sure of the hammer when it didn't actually matter?

You want scum tells? That's a scum tell. ##vote Lumpen. I have class in a bit. I'll respond to other things and have more content in a couple of hours.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Trasson posted:

Yells at me for voting a claimed cop when he's yelling at people to vote a claimed cop?

For the record, I was on my phone and not entirely sure what I would do. In the time it would take me to post any sort of thought, deadline would have hit. I "lurked" until the deadline because I was waiting for as much information as possible. Gulag claimed cop but there was no way we were getting enough votes for anyone else (at least I thought so at the time; looking at it now, eh, probably still not enough) in time, plus like, what the hell, at the last minute you're giving us a choice between voting someone who says they're cop at a really convenient time or not lynching anyone. I made a last minute call: if we're wrong, that's bad but at least we have information versus being wrong a scum no lynch where we have no real info.

Now, Podima says that JakeP was the hammer vote and mine didn't count, despite Votefinder having a hiccup at that moment. No one really contested this, at least in public. Either someone did in private, if the mod says something it goes no matter what, or this would be a generally understood sequence of events. I'm assuming it's the last one, as Gulag and a few other players believed it was definitely hammer despite VF not chiming in.

And yet Lumpen is up there calling me out on voting a claimed cop (when it didn't even matter) despite not unvoting himself and being around at the deadline and even yelling at others to be sure of the hammer when it didn't actually matter?

You want scum tells? That's a scum tell. ##vote Lumpen. I have class in a bit. I'll respond to other things and have more content in a couple of hours.

What happened to me being a serial killer? Why are you shifting targets? Did you change your mind?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what if lumpen and trasson are scum 2gether lmaoooo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
The point of my argument against Trasson is the fact that he lurked through the whole deadline. His posts in the last few minutes exposed him for this. I said he was there to "vote the claimed Cop at the last minute", but the important bit was he was there to vote at the last minute, but lurked and contributed nothing in the run-up. The fact that the Cop claim turned out true in hindsight isn't the point of my criticism of him. Disregard the words "the claimed Cop" as irrelevant, my case on Trasson is his super awkward Scumposts from early in D1 and his deadline lurking. Now throw OMGUS on the case, too.

Trasson's attempted to falsely reframe my case to change the subject. Scummy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
My vote is entirely explained by being five minutes before deadline with (at the time) no counter from Gulag other than YOU DUMMIES. When I did read his cop claim post, it struck me as a more of a way for a scum to try to last minute throw off votes and avoid a lynch. A no lynch night is preferable for scum than getting one of their own lynched, and its perfectly reasonable to expect the real cop wouldn't be around or just wouldn't out himself in that scenario. I guess I play mafia different.

I would not vote Trasson for the same above reason, but Lumpen's THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post implies he DID buy the claim but decided it wasn't worth unvoting for, which I find highly suspicious. I would vote Lumpen, and I am also curious to see what Leatherman has to say today as well after yesterday. I also still suspect imgay because of his insanely brief and contentless posts but apparently he is new as well so I'm less suspicious now. Those are my three picks.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Friction.123 posted:

My vote is entirely explained by being five minutes before deadline with (at the time) no counter from Gulag other than YOU DUMMIES. When I did read his cop claim post, it struck me as a more of a way for a scum to try to last minute throw off votes and avoid a lynch. A no lynch night is preferable for scum than getting one of their own lynched, and its perfectly reasonable to expect the real cop wouldn't be around or just wouldn't out himself in that scenario. I guess I play mafia different.

I would not vote Trasson for the same above reason, but Lumpen's THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post implies he DID buy the claim but decided it wasn't worth unvoting for, which I find highly suspicious. I would vote Lumpen, and I am also curious to see what Leatherman has to say today as well after yesterday. I also still suspect imgay because of his insanely brief and contentless posts but apparently he is new as well so I'm less suspicious now. Those are my three picks.

imgay isn't new

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Captain Foo posted:

imgay isn't new

So is it just his posting gimmick that everyone accepts then?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Friction.123 posted:

So is it just his posting gimmick that everyone accepts then?

Asiina posted:

You're the worst mafia player ever and I wish you'd stop playing.

You drag every game you're in down.

Captain Foo posted:

hail Satan quoting for truth beyond truth

no truer post has ever been posted

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mod must have warned the scum that the vote counted before posting it in thread, its the only way!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Lumpen I think it would be funny if you were actually scum and you introduced the chart to say "I'm town guys I'm trying to logic puzzle this out" while in reality knowing it would never help because you had already done all the possible math behind it. Please no one take this post seriously it is in jest.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Friction.123 posted:

Lumpen's THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post implies he DID buy the claim but decided it wasn't worth unvoting for, which I find highly suspicious. I would vote Lumpen
How do you figure? Your sentence makes no sense to me, please explain it. What do you mean by "decided it wasn't worth unvoting for"?

I posted THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN because I thought Flying Leatherman's unvote made it -1 with JakeP's vote with only moments left and I didn't want that tactic to cause a no-lynch. It's because I just glanced at the votecount, and my reply window was open and had the posts displayed in reverse order, so it was a mixup on my part. I think it's abundantly clear that I did not buy the claim, I don't know how that post could make you think otherwise. A no-lynch is always a terrible outcome. Even if Gulag had forced a no-lynch on that lovely claim, I think we'd probably be lynching him today anyway because of how it went down.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I read it as "THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN oh god don't kill the cop" but it is entirely possible I misread. Your interpretation makes sense too.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Friction.123 posted:

I read it as "THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN oh god don't kill the cop" but it is entirely possible I misread. Your interpretation makes sense too.
I don't even see how it could be read that way or understand how it would make you think I was Scum even if you did read it that way.
??
Does seeing the explanation of how I meant it change what I'm putting down for you on the Suspectedness chart?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Friction or Lumpen is most assuredly scum from this interaction.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If my versatile backup rear end has to die to we can bring down the great Scumpen then so be it.

To be serious though, you seem extremely defensive and worried about the opinion of one guy who has been suspected scum since halfway through D1. I'm phone bound until the evening so I can't give you a detailed reason, but D2 at least your posts have rubbed me the wrong way. I'll give you more later.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i think lumpen is town but

Kashuno posted:

Friction or Lumpen is most assuredly scum from this interaction.

how do you figure this?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Friction.123 posted:

If my versatile backup rear end has to die to we can bring down the great Scumpen then so be it.

To be serious though, you seem extremely defensive and worried about the opinion of one guy who has been suspected scum since halfway through D1. I'm phone bound until the evening so I can't give you a detailed reason, but D2 at least your posts have rubbed me the wrong way. I'll give you more later.

even if you get lynched and flip VT why do you think that would lead to lumpens lynch? Thats a weird mindset

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Even if Gulag had forced a no-lynch on that lovely claim, I think we'd probably be lynching him today anyway because of how it went down.

There is no universe where this is true. Most likely scenario is that scum or SK would likely have gone ahead and NK'd him. Second possibility is a scum RB of him trying to get the above to happen on d2, but he would still be uncountered. I don't see him getting voted out with people not having deadline as an excuse.

Thinking about it more, that second one is probably what would happen, actually, since they could just keep the cop controlled and not worry about it going to a backup.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yeah the only way Gulag would have been lynched today is if a scum CC'ed him, and that would be an obvious 1 for 1 trade at that point

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

counterfactuals are cool and good

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo