Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

I just love their hangar system. It's so functional and working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

when, so i can set a reminder to check this thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

Xbox One, Star Citizen exclusive.

Please please

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

I'll see you in the next gen commando.

See you in 792p commando o9

Such fidelity

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

I'm trying to think about how to translate the controls to console.

I wonder if by bringing it to console means they're going to get money from them.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Bootcha posted:

After putting up a stink, I got out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-oHfJNrr0

And that's my story.

Major Tom2 months ago
lol chris and sandi disliked this vid

did they actually? please tell me this is true.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Translating to console shouldn't be too hard, they already can store credit card information on the account, right?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

See you in 792p commando o9

Such fidelity

Locked at 24 fps so the S42 cutscene can be truly appreciated for the cinematic masterpiece it is.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Xbox One can also display jpegs and not play Star Marine so it should work.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

Goon Leaders, I bring you grave news. Space_Addict has figured it all out. He's on to our psyops and he'll beat us in video games except he doesn't play them.

lol show us on the model where the goons touched your orca

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

I love how he reportedly pays someone to tell him how to dress and yet is happy when they hand him the same nondescript black top every time. I guess you go into that line of business to charge as much as possible for as little real work as possible but that's just shameless.

I bet the right kind of slimy salesman can get a whales worth of cash out of CR in 5 minutes flat.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Star Citizen - bringing PC gaming back to consoles!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

bwahahahahaha

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
The limits on console controls would help with giving multi-crew a reason to exist.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarsapariller posted:

Goon Leaders, I bring you grave news. Space_Addict has figured it all out. He's on to our psyops and he'll beat us in video games except he doesn't play them.

The comedy of this is how, even in SC, people think Pandemic Legion (the EVE group I'm in) will just take up the charge to attack Goons in EVE.

We do mercenary poo poo in EVE, meaning if it's not a decent paying gig, or if there's no gains to be made, we probably won't do it just because someone says we should. People always bitch about us not attack Goons, and they're always hilariously dumb pubbies who don't really understand why it's not worth the hassle to do it for free or for some dumb e-honor thing they are jerking off to.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for a bunch of 12 year olds telling me how they hosed my mum while I'm flying around in my spaceship ~my immersion~

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

stinch posted:

I love how he reportedly pays someone to tell him how to dress and yet is happy when they hand him the same nondescript black top every time. I guess you go into that line of business to charge as much as possible for as little real work as possible but that's just shameless.

I bet the right kind of slimy salesman can get a whales worth of cash out of CR in 5 minutes flat.

Because ...Steve Jobs , another visionary.
And Black is very slimming. he just needs to sort out continuity on his hair . Is it brown, ginger or dark brown/ginger ..... Also the grey wings keep appearing and then reappearing

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

EightAce posted:

FFING AWESOME, he's going to announce they will be heading to consoles?
Let me guess, so they will have to re-write some network code to make it all fit, and reduce some "fidelity" *cough features*

This would be soooo ffing amazingballs.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh wait, yes I can because this game is never coming out :v:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

stinch posted:

I think she would settle for a decent acting gig.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EightAce posted:

So porting Squadron 42 to consoles and completely throwing the 'PU' aside. It's hard to believe, but all of this is just going to keep getting better and better.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

EightAce posted:

yesssss

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Now this is interesting. I'd wager this means only Squadron 42 will be released on consoles, while the rest of the shitpile will continue to be very actively developed for PC only oh yes

Some citizens will spin this as something positive - and indeed, promised from the very, very beginning

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Sarsapariller posted:

Ask that poor fella how many times the Eve goons blew up his space ship

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
It make perfect sense if they are running low on funds. Reaching out to console broaden the market, fit with the "game split" decision and might draw a few more pledges in. The old guard "pc master race" is a dry well by now so why not ?

The cost of patch certification will at least stop them from fiddling with .xml values every weeks.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So porting Squadron 42 to consoles and completely throwing the 'PU' aside. It's hard to believe, but all of this is just going to keep getting better and better.

would not take a crazy amount of work to be ported to the xbone. that's why a ton of new PC games are also released concurrently on the bone and have a later release for the ps4 (ARK, Elite Dangerous, etc). architecture and blah blah blah blah.

hell, ED managed a xbone release more than a year after the PC, and caught up with the PC version in no time at all.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
What the gently caress is that stupid "'verse" poo poo anyways.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

drat Dirty Ape posted:

:ohdear:

What's a skriddie? Should I be afraid of our skriddies? Is that an Eve thing?

Beats me, I never played Eve. Part of the wonderful comedy of that whole conversation chain is that he keeps tying everything back to Goonswarm behavior in Eve, because if there's one thing redditors know it is that goons=Eve Online and if you want to bash a goon all you need to do is deliver some sick Eve burns.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Arena Commander is being released for console. lol

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I love this thread and I have nothing of value to add but I thought the commandos of the 'universe would enjoy some photos of my catte in return for the never ending buffet of comedy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Because ...Steve Jobs , another visionary.
And Black is very slimming. he just needs to sort out continuity on his hair . Is it brown, ginger or dark brown/ginger ..... Also the grey wings keep appearing and then reappearing

In Sweden we call it rat colored. Everybody's got it, which is why a possible majority of swedes color or bleach their hair

Tip for Chris: grow a neckbeard

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

spacetoaster posted:

Arena Commander is being released for console. lol

Star Marine being released for console ONLY.....

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Why is the tongue backwards?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

would not take a crazy amount of work to be ported to the xbone. that's why a ton of new PC games are also released concurrently on the bone and have a later release for the ps4 (ARK, Elite Dangerous, etc). architecture and blah blah blah blah.

hell, ED managed a xbone release more than a year after the PC, and caught up with the PC version in no time at all.

Yet another thing that ED did first. How do you like that Roberts? :smuggo:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Charles Get-Out posted:

Please do not call the 'verse stupid, commando o7

See you there

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Did Roberts ever promise there would never be a console port? Seems like something he'd say, since there's apparently a war between console and pc gamers, if the rsi forums are to be believed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Charles Get-Out posted:

It's one of many, many unimaginative references to better works of fiction

This particular one from Firefly

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

cocaine dad show posted:

I love this thread and I have nothing of value to add

quote:

some photos of my catte
everything looks in order to me

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Madcosby posted:

Did Roberts ever promise there would never be a console port? Seems like something he'd say, since there's apparently a war between console and pc gamers, if the rsi forums are to be believed

Yes, many times. It was one of the main selling points.

Is there really a console port? I suspect not, because the RSI forums are not burning to the loving ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

EightAce posted:

Yeeeesssssss.
This is the new beginning
This is the elusive strike which only a criminal mind could have only deceived

• Locked thread