Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"croberts" posted:

odious time consuming QC procedures

You want us to test our poo poo? gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Cilantro is baller, and if you haven't discovered it yet you're in for a treat. I like to keep a fresh bundle and just tear off little bits to add to almost everything I eat. It's basically the flavor I associate with freshness, goes great on drat near any sandwich and especially with any cheese.

Also known as coriander or Chinese parsley if you have trouble finding it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Best part about living in california is we don't have actual cuisine of our own. It's just your cuisine with fresher ingredients that we bought at half of what you pay for your old poo poo because we're where half the produce comes from.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dusty Lens posted:

quote:

odious time consuming QC procedures

:allears:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Best part about living in california is we don't have actual cuisine of our own. It's just your cuisine with fresher ingredients that we bought at half of what you pay for your old poo poo because we're where half the produce comes from.

Ruined pizza, though.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:sigh: This thread has taught you nothing

I mean on Microsoft's end. Obviously CIG huffs their own farts to the point where they think a finished AAA game could be on consoles in the next 6 months.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dusty Lens posted:

Also if 10% of this vague insider nonsense came true Chris Roberts would currently be in a North Korean prison camp being force fed butcoins bought with laundered drug money alongside the Swedish Mafia and CIG would have been bankrupted 6 months ago.

No but really console port is happening.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/76653/star-citizen-pc-ps4-and-consoles

I guess when it was edited in April 2014 it lost the gold background?

lol
haha no "corporate overhead" or "fancy marketing budgets." you're an international company of course you have corporate overhead. and what the gently caress do you call those spaceship commercials and citcon if not marketing?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
honestly before all this is over i'm expecting some shaky cellphone footage of fuzzknot handing her earrings to bootcha and just completely hauling the gently caress off on sandi in the cig parking lot to surface.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria-style_barbecue

:colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

fuzzknot posted:

Ruined pizza, though.

My pizza is better than yours :colbert:

I also actually worked at a family pizzeria for 6 years, so that's slightly more than an idle boast. The biggest problem with california pizza is they don't let the dough sit for long enough so it's full of yeast flavor because the mantra is "fresher is always better". Then there's the guy down in LA who makes his dough almost a week before he uses it so it's loving amazing.

The best thing about california cuisine is it's yours but fresher. The worst thing about it is hipsters who make avocado grape hazelnut chocolate pizza "because I can."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

aleksendr posted:

Ahh but you see, this here only speak aout SC. The moment the game split into SC and SQ42, well, they never promised anything about SQ42 being PC only at the time, did they ?

Yahtzee!

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So I'm starting to think a lawsuit from Illfonic is not out of the picture in the near future. Broussard and Smart are both hinting at something big coming Soon, and that would certainly fit the bill. Everyone at CIG gets super cagey at any mention of Illfonic, who knows what kind of weirdness lead to the fall out. It's not that hard to imagine that all the toxic behavior that permeates CIG would spill into Illfonic as well...except Illfonic would have the means to do something about it.

Unlikely, it just looks like a pretty standard piece of contract work so things should be pretty watertight and leave little room for interpretation. CIG are cagey about it because it's a costly and avoidable gently caress up. In the case of CIG wrong doing I don't see what Illfonic would lose by waiting to start legal action. The quicker they act the quicker they get the money and the less people they have to layoff due to cashflow issues. For a small company laying people off only to have to take different people on a short while later is bad.

Anybody know how such contracts typically work? Is it possible that because CIG did not run the project through all the planned stages Illfonic retain ownership of all the work they did? So CIG spent a load of cash for literally nothing. That would at least be the most hilarious outcome.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Stanko-Prussian posted:

honestly before all this is over i'm expecting some shaky cellphone footage of fuzzknot handing her earrings to bootcha and just completely hauling the gently caress off on sandi in the cig parking lot to surface.

No earrings, though possibly a necklace. I'll just swap it out for a hockey stick and go.

The worst thing about it is hipsters who make avocado grape hazelnut chocolate pizza "because I can."

That's the worst loving idea I've ever heard.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

oh my goodness more cat times

welcome aboard commando

Crap. I keep meaning to post this, and keep forgetting. My little buddy, Mr. J. Yeah, he's a dork just like me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Santa Maria-style barbecue originated in the mid-19th century when local ranchers would host Spanish-style feasts each spring for their vaqueros. They barbecued meat over earthen pits filled with hot coals of local coast live oak.

Your cuisine but fresher.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Guys I think i figured it out...

SC is going to XBox... After Cloud imperium is bought up by Microsoft....

bittersweet irony would that be.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

Need. To. Know. More.

Don't leave us hanging man, blue balls can kill!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

fuzzknot posted:

That's the worst loving idea I've ever heard.

The weirdest pizza that still works I've ever seen was actually from switzerland, though. It was chicken, ham, curry powder, peanut, and banana.

I've also seen a chocolate raspberry mint pizza, and that was pretty good.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Screencap this for us plebs without backer accounts

Santa Maria-style barbecue originated in the mid-19th century when local ranchers would host Spanish-style feasts each spring for their vaqueros. They barbecued meat over earthen pits filled with hot coals of local coast live oak.

:negative:

Oh wait!

We have Cioppino, that's from California, a pox on you if you state otherwise. Also stuff including abalone before we accidentally farmed them into oblivion.

But yes I agree you are correct in 99% of all instances.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 2, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Colostomy Bag posted:

God dang, imagine a SQ42 Xbone edition.

Can't be any worse than this shitpile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRSCC8vxWzg

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

We postin' our cats?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Shnip ( i'm part jewish )

Why does it say developer under his avy, shouldn't it be failed director?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

stinch posted:

Unlikely, it just looks like a pretty standard piece of contract work so things should be pretty watertight and leave little room for interpretation. CIG are cagey about it because it's a costly and avoidable gently caress up. In the case of CIG wrong doing I don't see what Illfonic would lose by waiting to start legal action. The quicker they act the quicker they get the money and the less people they have to layoff due to cashflow issues. For a small company laying people off only to have to take different people on a short while later is bad.

Anybody know how such contracts typically work? Is it possible that because CIG did not run the project through all the planned stages Illfonic retain ownership of all the work they did? So CIG spent a load of cash for literally nothing. That would at least be the most hilarious outcome.

If I remember correctly Illfonic stated the ceased development on Star Marine was unexpected

If we're lucky Chris threw a tantrum and yelled some poo poo about never going to use any of their poo poo in any case because they were dumb meanies and didn't fellate all of his three inches, then handed it to Ortwin to type it up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best part is that Zecumbe guy being so mad about Goons he's just posting "nice try goonie" in each thread on r/squadron42, not realizing it makes the subreddit look active etc.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dusty Lens posted:

:negative:

Oh wait!

We have Cioppino, that's from California, a pox on you if you state otherwise. Also stuff including abalone before we accidentally farmed them into oblivion.

But yes I agree you are correct in 99% of all instances.

Good god they built a four R290x computer?

That thing might legitimately draw 1.5-2.0kW at load

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I just spent the last three hours getting holes drilled in my teeth and it was more enjoyable than listening to this week's 10FTC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Goon Leaders, I bring you grave news. Space_Addict has figured it all out. He's on to our psyops and he'll beat us in video games except he doesn't play them.

mods change my name to 'goon psyops'

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Illfonic wasn't a huge studio with a ton of success stories under its belt. TBH they may have taken a suboptimal contract from CIG in order to keep the ball rolling.

It's not a name that I associate with a lot of titles. Which is a shame as what they were putting out actually looked pretty drat good when you consider what they were working with.

Bootcha go get Travis Day to ramble on his experiences of working with them in Colorado for a couple of weeks/months.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Greetings from page 1632. I am posting to say that SyFy's The Expanse has featured the following: EVA Spaceship repairs, spaceship boarding (and defending the boarded ship), long space travel (takes over 3 days for one big ship to get from Earth to somewhere else?), Spaceship Combat, Space Airliners (no drinks were served), Space Mining (a kid drilled a hole in a rock, put some explosives in it, and they kinda exploded it), Griefing from Police Force, Space Trucking, Rescuing a spaceship that set off their distress beacon, Camoflaging a spaceship with junk welded over military logos and a modded transponder. It's even got a plucky spaceship crewed by pretty people that are just trying to make it without dying in space.

It did all this without handwaving gravity (characters have mag boots) AND with pretty decent ship design. basically it's Star Citizen the way backers imagine it will be without all the terrible art direction and ridiculously immersive forced animations. 8 episodes in and I have to say its Good but not Great.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Tell Tale games should pick up the lingering pieces left after dissolution. Crank out 5 episodes of it. Play as a new-hire in CIG and progress through your career of misfortune.

Play as an up-and-coming actress/model turned greatest saleswoman of all time..

Only 34 pages to catch up. :unsmigghh:

Tortolia posted:

At this point Bootcha should just do the Goon de Yadda video with what he has and use the "LET ME loving FINISH" audio for the Warlord's contribution.
this is a good idea

You have boarding. It's in the "game" right now

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Eonwe posted:

mods change my name to 'goon psyops'

I'm happy to see Eonwe post this because I know he hasn't reached the good pages yet. There's genuine joy in his future and it's beautiful to watch it happen.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Good god they built a four R290x computer?

That thing might legitimately draw 1.5-2.0kW at load

2000 watts and as stable as the Vasa was on her maiden voyage, right?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Wait..I just realized this isn't in the SC sub..

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dusty Lens posted:

Illfonic wasn't a huge studio with a ton of success stories under its belt. TBH they may have taken a suboptimal contract from CIG in order to keep the ball rolling.

It's not a name that I associate with a lot of titles. Which is a shame as what they were putting out actually looked pretty drat good when you consider what they were working with.

Bootcha go get Travis Day to ramble on his experiences of working with them in Colorado for a couple of weeks/months.

Illfonic is using Star Citizen's business model for Revival, except with houses instead of ships. I say gently caress 'em.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ash1138 posted:

Because I don't know about business, does this just mean that CIG gets to deduct that amount when filing their taxes because they've spent that much to expand their UK operations because it means they're helping the UK economy by adding more jobs, renting office space, etc. and that all this has happened over the last year or two so it's not like it's a big infusion of cash to the UK studio all of a sudden?

Yeah, that's what tax credits are. If for example you are due to pay $50K in taxes, and you have a $5K tax credit, you only pay $45K. It's more complex than that, but that's the gist of it.

And according to the data we had, the total tax credits was around $6M. Which means that since F42 was opened in Dec 2013, if the UKTI is saying they've invested approximately £15 million ($21M) to date, that means they've probably burned through that amount. Note also that back in Dec when the filed their financials, they were in debt, had very little cash on hand etc.

They're fast running out of money.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Best part of not living in California is we get all of our food from y'all so we don't have to put ourselves into a drought.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Oh God I knew it I've triggered him.

Sorry, everyone.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

BMan posted:

Illfonic is using Star Citizen's business model for Revival, except with houses instead of ships. I say gently caress 'em.

Yeah I was wondering about that, I went over to their "game" and I literally only saw concept art for houses.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Just spent the evening playing ED on the couch and drinking whiskey and it was great, I plan to do this more often.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Drone posted:

Just spent the evening playing ED on the couch and drinking whiskey and it was great, I plan to do this more often.

Better be a nice single malt or GTFO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This video is 8minutes and 44 seconds long

You don't even get to actually shoot spaceships until 6 minutes and 30 seconds in

:cripes:

• Locked thread