Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
metos is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's gross Jake.

I'm dealing with some other games at the moment and will come back to this, but for people voting Trasson, please look back at this post I pointed out yesterday and tell me how you interpret it with Trasson being scum.

Trasson posted:

Why is Billy a ninja? How is Billy a ninja? Can we roll that into his custom BSG character somehow?

Also just letting you all know right now if the Doctor dies and I inherit I'm going to say "Winter is Coming" over and over until I get lynched. You have been warned.

Here was my analysis of it:

Asiina posted:

So I totally reversed my position on Trasson, and I want to explain why in case I happen to die in the night cause I think he'll get railroaded D2.

I missed this post yesterday, but I believe in it

This was just after the role PMs were added to the OP. This is Trasson 1) Not knowing the flavour of the scum players and 2) soft-claiming backup. I think he did the second one unintentionally. This doesn't feel like a calculated "I'm so townie!" scum post, but something more earnest. That combined with his explanation of his post from last night I already commented on, I very strongly think this guy is new town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Asiina I see where you're coming from but I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast. What he posted could easily be a joke copied from and earlier conversation in the Scumdoc when they first talked over the roles before they were posted. Then repurposed that reaction to Billy to make a filler post.

I am thinking over your second point, because in a way that does seem like an unconscious softclaim, but on the other hand the topic of a massclaim had been floating around all day so it can be assumed that there would be a Scumdoc discussion about having to fakeclaim in the future, and Trasson could have lifted a joke from that as well to post some filler.

You're also conveniently ignoring his Scumposts and lurking, which I think are damning.

I like your analysis Asiina and it seems like it's coming from a Town mind place and not covering for your own Scumbuddy who's on the chopping block. If Trasson does flip Scum, though, note to self, remember this post.
I strongly feel Trasson is Scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

That's gross Jake.

I'm dealing with some other games at the moment and will come back to this, but for people voting Trasson, please look back at this post I pointed out yesterday and tell me how you interpret it with Trasson being scum.

Here was my analysis of it:

I don't get how thats supposed to convince me that he is town. If scum was to claim anything at that point it would be VT because they could easily later change that claim as if they inherited a role.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like softclaiming VT like that has no affect on anything in the later game like it might in a normal setup

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't even think that post expresses his unfamiliarity with the roles, it feels like he is wondering why this character from the show is a ninja (i assume he is not a ninja in the show)

I think your interpretation and results of that are really weird asiina. I doubt you are protecting a scum buddy, but really you could be scum that knows he is town and are coming up with a really weird way to clear him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

Why is Billy a ninja? How is Billy a ninja? Can we roll that into his custom BSG character somehow?

Like this to me makes it look like Trasson knows Billy is the flavor for the scum ninja, I don't get how you interpret it the other way?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like hardclaim when you just say your a backup

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Seems like hardclaim when you just say your a backup

lol yeah thats not a soft claim

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I need to take a break from the computer for a while, I've been dealing with mafia nonsense all afternoon, but Jake your post is nonsense and if we already hadn't agreed to wait until D3 I would nail you for it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I need to take a break from the computer for a while, I've been dealing with mafia nonsense all afternoon, but Jake your post is nonsense and if we already hadn't agreed to wait until D3 I would nail you for it.

What? How does his post even make sense if he doesn't know the flavor at the time of posting?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If anything it should be a scum tell if he knew the scum flavor before it was posted, how would town randomly come up with that?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Didn't he post that after Podima made all flavors public?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yes but Asiinas point relies on him not seeing that

Asiina posted:

This was just after the role PMs were added to the OP. This is Trasson 1) Not knowing the flavour of the scum players and 2) soft-claiming backup. I think he did the second one unintentionally. This doesn't feel like a calculated "I'm so townie!" scum post, but something more earnest. That combined with his explanation of his post from last night I already commented on, I very strongly think this guy is new town.

How does 1 make him more likely town at that point where his post clearly demonstrates he does know the flavor of the scum player. By her logic here he hasn't checked the role PMs and just knows it on his own, so therefore is town?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The only way he could have known that flavor would have been by checking the provided role PMs or by being scum and just knowing it. Her point doesn't make any sense in either of these scenarios though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

:siren: Important Change! :siren:
After thinking on it, I've decided to roll flavor into the open setup so as to preserve the game balance/intrigue without adding that extra complicating factor. All role PMs are now available in the OP. Thank you all for your flexibility.

Carry on!

Trasson's post (Trasson is forever associated with Billy for me because of one particular BSG game played in) is about two down from this mod post. Role PMs are public now so I don't see your point?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Yes but Asiinas point relies on him not seeing that

How does 1 make him more likely town at that point where his post clearly demonstrates he does know the flavor of the scum player. By her logic here he hasn't checked the role PMs and just knows it on his own, so therefore is town?

Jake. Stop.

Tomorrow.

Also lol literally the sentence before the one you bolded.

Are you drunk?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Jake. Stop.

Tomorrow.

Also lol literally the sentence before the one you bolded.

Are you drunk?

My point has to do with you saying he doesn't know the scum flavor when he clearly does.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
as demonstrated in the post where he posts about a particular character and his role

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Before, you idiot.

Before.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Am I the only one that doesn't get what she is saying?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

Also just letting you all know right now if the Doctor dies and I inherit I'm going to say "Winter is Coming" over and over until I get lynched. You have been warned.

Like this is the post I am talking about. You say that he doesn't know Billy is the scum ninja? Then how does he know Billy s the scum ninja?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also when I say soft-claim I mean intentional claim. The second part involved his claim, but not in a way that outright says "I'm claiming this." It's used casually like he mistakenly gave it away.

Do you really think that this new player who is doing like mafia 101 math and looks like he wants to participate is going to try to pull that kind of next level fakeclaim? That doesn't fit at all with the rest of what he's posted.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Also when I say soft-claim I mean intentional claim. The second part involved his claim, but not in a way that outright says "I'm claiming this." It's used casually like he mistakenly gave it away.

Do you really think that this new player who is doing like mafia 101 math and looks like he wants to participate is going to try to pull that kind of next level fakeclaim? That doesn't fit at all with the rest of what he's posted.

How is claiming vanilla town a next level fake claim in an open setup?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Like this is the post I am talking about. You say that he doesn't know Billy is the scum ninja? Then how does he know Billy s the scum ninja?

This is a reaction to new information. That information being the roles being added to the OP a few minutes earlier.

If he already knew this by being scum, then the information wouldn't be new.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

How is claiming vanilla town a next level fake claim in an open setup?

The method is the next-level part. The casually referring to it in a post about something else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

This is a reaction to new information. That information being the roles being added to the OP a few minutes earlier.

Like Lumpen could be right (I doubt it) that he's regurgitating a joke made from the scum doc from the beginning of the game, but he's still reacting as if this is new information.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Ok i at least see what you are trying to say now

I disagree with it though. Its not like he could have made that post prior to the information becoming public but if he was scum and privy to it he could have already thought about that, and maybe even posted it to his scum doc. I really think its one of the most null tell things ever recorded in mafia history but thats my opinion and you are welcome to yours m'lady **tips hat**

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am watching more of The 100 and it's actually really good and continues to surprise me all the time. Just now a thing happened and I was all HOLY poo poo! at my TV.

This is related to this game because Ellen and Gaeta from BSG are in this show.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the ending of season 2 mad dumb

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ur mad dumb

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"lets nuke the world again"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Seriously, don't loving spoil a show someone says they are watching.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didn't spoil poo poo

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
You're both spoiling this game of Mafia with this worthless shitposting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im gonna watch 100 season 2 to see if imgay spoiled it

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

TheCog posted:

What happened to me being a serial killer? Why are you shifting targets? Did you change your mind?

In short: yes. See below.

You being a SK fit your posts thus far (at the time) to a decent degree. Lumpen's trying to get me for...being around at the deadline and making a snap decision? A snap decision indirectly encouraged by him? That strikes me as scummy a lot more.

Addressing everything else:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's really weird he wants to vote thecog for being the SK. I know we have to eliminate all threats to town, but he just as easily calls gulag scum and let's that option slide away until the final minutes of the game.

Actually you thought he was SK. A bit inconsistent. Still his vote on gulag does align with his intentions from pretty early on. He's INCREDIBY hedgy and unsure of his actions, which Asiina properly notes down as scummy but keeps to his message and opinions pretty regularly despite remembering what he himself thought just a bit earlier. I'm not so convinced.

Going from the bottom: I was under the impression "scum" meant, essentially, any anti town, which would include both Mafia and SK. I thought Cog was SK* (as in subset of scum; the first implies and allows use of the second). I also suspected Gulag for his strong defense of Cog as I figured a Mafia would benefit from such a play too, but I wasn't as strong on him as I was on Cog.

And then it came down to "someone you think is scum" or "no one". I chose the first, pure and simple.

*Cog was town, and in fact cop. He either figured that he was fine to risk or was trying to look vanilla by being fine risking a power role. Either way, a confirmed townie was fine with the plan, which tells me (as a "I don't know much what do more experienced people think?" train of thought) that it was possible for a town to be fine with what I thought was an insane plan, so I'm fine with calling Cog as more likely town now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Lexa dies, apparently in the newest episode of Season 3.

I have never seen that show and I don't care about it at all, so I just went looking for the biggest spoiler I could find because you deserve it. Quit padding your postcount and contribute to this game. Asiina all you've done today is say someone is Town and yammer about an unrelated TV show.

• Locked thread