Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prop Wash posted:

"we will NOT limit the input options" - man who is genuinely excited for his context-sensitive USE button in the year of our lord 2016

Keyboards have more buttons than controllers

Controllers still have 2 buttons right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Rhubarb94 posted:

Health warning soldiers are inhumanly resistant to alcohol poisoning.

Can confirm. Did a few years as a reservist in the proud armed forces of Canada. Never saw so many drunks in my life. I mush have got puked on my boots a dozen time while helping some poor guy drunk rear end back to his unit dorm.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Someone email Saitek and ask them if their Star Citizen branded equipment will be compatible with their console.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

spacetoaster posted:

This makes me legit uncomfortable.

Most of the people who are left defending star citizen make me uncomfortable, I certainly wouldn't leave my students around any of them.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

El Grillo posted:

I got into whisky because a Scottish mate of mine would buy cheap blends with ginger wine as a mixer at clubs, instead of the usual vodka/rum + coke type thing. It was horrible at first but gradually I started to like it :StockholmSyndrome:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. This is why I learned EXACTLY how to smuggle booze into shows/hockey games. gently caress overpriced bar selections.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Lmao, Mein Card

Papers please

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

All hard liquor tastes like poo poo and people deceive themselves into enjoying the taste in order to seem sophisticated. "Acquired taste", I'm pretty sure if you ate enough literal dog poo poo, you would acquire a taste for it, doesn't mean it's cool and good to do so.

This statement is obviously wrong.

I dont drink often, most of my friends are pretty extreme mormons so i dont go out drinking with people. I like the taste of most tequilas, whiskeys, and light rums and find them genuinely enjoyable. The only part im not fond of is the burn with the less smooth ones.

Based on your statement, im going to assume you drink beer. Probably awful beer to boot. Good day, sir.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I'm just posting to say I really like your avatar.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

I once had a job where the boss would bring in a set of his throwing knives. He'd take a sharpie and draw a target then we'd take turns on throwing the knives into the drywall. Pretty cool guy he was always taking a nap in the back room he was.

! I had a boss like that, which in retrospect was better than what I have now. NEVER take it for granted if you have a boss who's not around.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

fuzzknot posted:

You know drat well that straight up is the only way to enjoy whiskey.

You can drink your whiskey anyway you like but please tell me you add a splash of water when you are tasting a new one for the first time, if only to get the full flavor of it.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

fuzzknot posted:

Bootcha and I talked/argued a lot about that before he found out much of what he's disclosed in this thread. His thinking was that surely some employee would have come forward by now if there were anything that foul really going on. I've had several years of experience in retail and theatre, both industries where complaining gets you nowhere but for different reasons, and I pointed out that there are many reasons employees might not come forward, not the least of which is a lack of legal protection.

In my own bad experiences in retail, my reasons for not coming forward or reporting issues included not knowing my rights, not caring enough because it was a seemingly minor issue, not caring because I knew I wouldn't stay there much longer anyway, fearing retaliation (including firing), not being able to prove anything, not being able to afford a lawyer, etc.

The only times I actually did anything about it were filing a complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission issuing a final demand for wages from an employer who casually decided not to give me my last paycheck, and the time a group of female stagehands (including me) complained to HR because the female assistant stage manager wasn't giving any of us calls for work. The former was successful; the latter was not (due to aforementioned failure to actually provide solid proof).

I once sued an employer for violating the FLSA and the audacity they had was to try and buy me off for 60k. I gave them the finger took them to court and won. I made a lousy 800 dollars but it cost the company 3 million (paying me plus 1000 employees 800 bucks plus my legal fees and I had one hell of an expensive legal team) The point is most companies will poo poo on you unless you push back AND you have a really good legal team. I wish Derek would offer legal protection to CIG employees but I assume there is some sort of NDA or something that is keeping him from doing that.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Dusty Lens posted:

Someone email Saitek and ask them if their Star Citizen branded equipment will be compatible with their console.

Done. Wrote to Saitek UK (madcatz) and Saitek DE. I'll let you guys know once I have a response of any sorts.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

aleksendr posted:

You can drink your whiskey anyway you like but please tell me you add a splash of water when you are tasting a new one for the first time, if only to get the full flavor of it.

Nope. I believe in rotgut.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Darkpriest667 posted:

I once sued an employer for violating the FLSA and the audacity they had was to try and buy me off for 60k. I gave them the finger took them to court and won. I made a lousy 800 dollars but it cost the company 3 million (paying me plus 1000 employees 800 bucks plus my legal fees and I had one hell of an expensive legal team) The point is most companies will poo poo on you unless you push back AND you have a really good legal team. I wish Derek would offer legal protection to CIG employees but I assume there is some sort of NDA or something that is keeping him from doing that.

! That's genius. gently caress 'em. More to the point, you were right.

I hope a former CIG employee is reading this and taking this to heart.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

my cat is a egg

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Chris Roberts is going to save console gaming.

he's not the hero console gamers need but he's the one they deserve.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

Many moons ago, before my workplace went to poo poo, my bosses brought us back a nice bottle of very good sipping tequila from Mexico.

I miss those days.

Also, tequila is not supposed to be a fancy drink, and the really expensive "extra añejo" brands taste more like well, whiskey aged in oak and similar, instead of refreshing tequila. Complex, smooth, and woody my rear end! Just get yourselves some 100% agave "reposado" tequila , which is honestly what you're supposed to drink ("blanco" is also fine, specially for mixes) instead of the expensive snobby poo poo. Then you make yourself some sangrita (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangrita) and watch soccer with the volume turned up real high for the authentic experience. Beers are optional but highly welcome.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 3, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Prop Wash posted:

"we will NOT limit the input options" - man who is genuinely excited for his context-sensitive USE button in the year of our lord 2016

How long before Roberts hears about ARMA's system and determines that action menus are the way of the future

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

All hard liquor tastes like poo poo and people deceive themselves into enjoying the taste in order to seem sophisticated. "Acquired taste", I'm pretty sure if you ate enough literal dog poo poo, you would acquire a taste for it, doesn't mean it's cool and good to do so.

Most hard liquor are not supposed to be taken in straight and if you do so, you are supposed to take them in slowly with little sips. Its neither supposed to burn your mouth or really hurt your throat. I agree some people go overboard on snobbery while drinking 150 year old cognac but anyone with a functioning palate and a nose can spot the difference between Popov and Grey Goose.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Holy poo poo you guys you need to watch danger 5 season two. All this was prophesied

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Phi230 posted:

How long before Roberts hears about ARMA's system and determines that action menus are the way of the future

I'd be more impressed if he picked up a copy of Borderlands and decided Star Citizen needs stylized cel-shaded graphics.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

trucutru posted:

Also, tequila is not supposed to be a fancy drink, and the really expensive "extra añejo" brands taste more like well, whiskey aged in oak and similar, instead of refreshing tequila. Complex, smooth, and woody my rear end! Just get yourselves some 100% agave "reposado" tequila , which is honestly what you're supposed to drink ("blanco" is for mixes) instead of the expensive snobby poo poo. Then you make yourself some sangrita (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangrita) and watch soccer with the volume turned up real high for the authentic experience. Beers are optional but highly welcome.

I like the Camarena reposado in margaritas, which is totally not how it's supposed to be drunk, but gently caress it. I only like margaritas on scorchingly hot summer afternoons. Also, hockey is the only sport I like. I'm not doing soccer without a fuckton of booze first. Bootcha keeps trying to get me to watch soccer with his friends, but since that only happens on Sunday mornings, which is sleep in/mimosa time, the hell with it.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Bootcha posted:

One time I drank a lot of Glen Livet. I then threw up, a lot. These days I cannot smell Glen Livet without also smelling vomit.

Kinda the same thing with Irish Carbombs/Boilermakers. Too much, vomit, aversion.

I have the same problem with Captain Morgan's. One wiff and I am in the bathroom.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

This actually pisses me off both because it's either staged and she's a phony or it's real and she's a bourgeoisie pig with more money than sense.

Don't worry, no backer funds were used in this assembly. She shitcanned enough people to salvage cards for 3 of these PCs.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Darkpriest667 posted:

I have the same problem with Captain Morgan's. One wiff and I am in the bathroom.

I think that applies whether you've had too much or not.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So this is pretty much a confirmation that its not PC-exclusive right?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd be more impressed if he picked up a copy of Borderlands and decided Star Citizen needs stylized cel-shaded graphics.

If he ever plays a TTG he'd probably think it has a good format if you just removed the bits where the player directs the story.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Yep, it is about time to redo the Connie yet again.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fuzzknot posted:

captain morgans is a good hiking potion in cold weather. It gets you drunk and the taste makes you angry both of which can add a couple of miles to a day's walk.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Gilganixon posted:

captain morgans is a good hiking potion in cold weather. It gets you drunk and the taste makes you angry both of which can add a couple of miles to a day's walk.

It sounds rather final to me.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Whiskey talk? I've always recommended folks new to single malts to aim for Glenmorangie - it's just plain simple Highlands. Also a favorite of actual scots!

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

fuzzknot posted:

! That's genius. gently caress 'em. More to the point, you were right.

I hope a former CIG employee is reading this and taking this to heart.

My favorite part was when we tried mediation up in Garland and their million dollar legal team tried to play off like they were destitute. My lawyers literally said this to the mediator "well if they are so hard up why don't they just give us the assets and the business and we will give them a percentage of the profit." Apparently they didn't like that idea.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Also a good belly-warmer: Kraken spiced rum and ginger ale!

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

fuzzknot posted:

I only drink Vodka and cranberry juice now... I never did like whiskey or bourbon not even with coca cola.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Dusty Lens posted:

:negative:

Oh wait!

We have Cioppino, that's from California, a pox on you if you state otherwise. Also stuff including abalone before we accidentally farmed them into oblivion.

But yes I agree you are correct in 99% of all instances.

"IF they allow our community to openly interact across platforms with each other" - has any game ever done this? Cross platform interaction? I've heard people waxing poetic about it before, but never actually seen it happen in a real video game.

Underwhelmed posted:

And much like Firefly, star citizen will get canceled and people will go on and on about how great it was endlessly, while it lives on as a cosplay staple.
So many cpap machines at the next scifi convention.

trucutru posted:

Also, tequila is not supposed to be a fancy drink, and the really expensive "extra añejo" brands taste more like well, whiskey aged in oak and similar, instead of refreshing tequila. Complex, smooth, and woody my rear end! Just get yourselves some 100% agave "reposado" tequila , which is honestly what you're supposed to drink ("blanco" is also fine, specially for mixes) instead of the expensive snobby poo poo. Then you make yourself some sangrita (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangrita) and watch soccer with the volume turned up real high for the authentic experience. Beers are optional but highly welcome.
oh tequila is good but I don't get it as much. My uncle turned me onto Heradura and we got some Milagro from costco that tastes pretty good and is not too expensive, but I don't know much apart from that. my dad gets the 100% agave Jose Cuervo which is good for shooting and margaritas, and tastes way better than Patron. recomend me some sipping tequila Fart Citizen thread

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

mrking posted:

"IF they allow our community to openly interact across platforms with each other" - has any game ever done this? Cross platform interaction? I've heard people waxing poetic about it before, but never actually seen it happen in a real video game.

The Final Fantasy MMOs, probly some other games too.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

What pisses me off the most about this elitist diatribe is that this is a very old way of thinking. Both PC and console gaming have come a long way, and there are plenty of benefits to be had in both. I prefer PC by far, but still can't really understand the position he's arguing from here. The "PC vs Console" wars are referred to more ironically than anything else these days. He really thinks he's this champion come to save us all - to me he's more like a guy who was in stasis for 15 years and now that he's been woken up, he refuses to admit that time has marched on without him - clinging to his own glory days and insisting we all do it with him.

His carbonite hibernation sickness extends to every part of this travesty. The innovative "contextual use" key, crawling through vents, putting down a hologram of yourself, "stealthy stuff", unskippable immersion-breaking animations, motion-capture cutscenes, loving everything this tool is putting in his game has already been done by others, and far better. The ideas that worked stuck around, the ones that didn't faded away. Chris thinks he's inventing it all; it's all new and it's all awesome. It's only a matter of time before he discovers quicktime events.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

mrking posted:

I guess it's technically possible with some titles like War Thunder and... PS2? I've not played PS2 much in the last year or two. I do remember playstation * icons being fairly common in War Thunder. If that's what you/he meant regarding communication.

Being said it sounds like he's talking about Star Citizen. While I'm willing to look at the idea of S42 being a console port with an air of humor the idea of SC being a console port (in a magical universe where everything works out) anytime int he next decade sounds pretty ludicrous. So I don't think cross platform communication is really going to be a thing. That's probably a holdover from the fictional days when co-op dropin was still on the table.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Star Marine is already in game, PSBONES are basically little computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Well, it's a good thing that SQ42 isn't Star Citizen then isn't it. Technicalities!

• Locked thread