Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

cpaf posted:

I already regret putting the Eels so low on my list, I'm starting to think they'll do alright this year. The Gordon/Norman/Foran spine is as filled with potential as it is fun to say out loud and Peats is pretty comfortably the greatest NRL twitter personality. They're still stuck with a very old and tired forward pack though

No changes. Unless I'm building the spreadsheet after a few drinks.

Then who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

1. Broncos
2-16 some other teams

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BCR posted:

1. Broncos
2-16 some other teams

i hate this list

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I like that Parramatta hopes are building, their eventual failure will be all the more delicious.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

I like that Parramatta hopes are building, their eventual failure will be all the more delicious.

sung to the bob marley tune..."no sandow, no spoon"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BCR posted:

1. Broncos
2-16 some other teams

I'm not sure how I'm going to put this into the spreadsheet, but I'm sure I'll find the least effective method.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dalai Trauma posted:

i hate this list
because it will probably be right unfortunately

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Well adjust your lists because Eels may be starting at -4 points due to Watmough related 3rd party payments lol

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bowmore posted:

because it will probably be right unfortunately

shutupshutupshutup

Fanatic posted:

Well adjust your lists because Eels may be starting at -4 points due to Watmough related 3rd party payments lol

Wow, it only took a day from one Eels post being moderately optimistic for it all to fall apart. Parramatta do not gently caress about.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Not just back, but the captain!

:suicide:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dalai Trauma posted:

shutupshutupshutup

Wow, it only took a day from one Eels post being moderately optimistic for it all to fall apart. Parramatta do not gently caress about.

Hang on. How are 3rd party payments worth a points penalty? If memory serves none of them count to the cap.

Edit: it seems the third party isnt so third party after all. Fair enough.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 3, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They could be out 4 or more points at the start of 2016

suck it

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The Tigers are obviously not content to let Mitchell Pearce and Paramatta win the NRL Fuckup 2016 awards without a fight. Looks like the Balmain half may finally be done.

quote:

A desperate Balmain Tigers are seeking a year-long extension to repay $5 million in debt to the NRL in a last-ditch bid to save the foundation club.

Tigers chairman Leslie Glen met with the NRL's head of club services, Tony Crawford, on Tuesday to raise the proposal as the days count down to their repayment deadline of March 31.

If the financially stricken club cannot meet that obligation they will be forced to sell their 50 per cent shareholding in Wests Tigers in the following six months, ending an association of 108 years with top-level rugby league.

ili fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 3, 2016

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

BCR posted:

1. Broncos
2-16 some other teams

A good list.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Wests are obviously not content to let Mitchell Pearce and Paramatta win the NRL Fuckup 2016 awards without a fight. Looks like the Balmain half may finally be done.

Let's not tar Wests with the fuckup brush of Balmain. A club that's in financial turmoil specifically because they're too stupid and greedy to have their leagues club operational.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Let's not tar Wests with the fuckup brush of Balmain. A club that's in financial turmoil specifically because they're too stupid and greedy to have their leagues club operational.

Fair enough, I was just too lazy to write The Wests Tigers combined mishmash of two rugby league football clubs instead of Wests. If/when Balmain goes titsup do the Wests half have the funds to buy Balmain's share of the club? And if so does that mean they can go back to being the Magpies?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Magpies are way cooler anyway.

Can someone explain to me the deal with leagues clubs, by the way?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Apollodorus posted:

Magpies are way cooler anyway.
Yeah I like Magpies. Then they can join the group of lovable bird teams, namely Sea Eagles and Roosters. :allears:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If the Tigers stop being a club I really have no idea what I'm going to do, I can't see myself supporting a different NRL team. I'll likely just stop caring about the sport. On the upside, my liver and blood pressure will probably be a lot happier :D.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

the wests tigers are owned by the NRL at this point anyway, aren't they.
they won't let the franchise lapse, maybe relocated to Perth, Singapore or sri lanka

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They're NRL owned but I don't know how attached they are to the Tigers name. Hopefully very.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The tiger brand is so much better than the magpies its laughable to think the nrl would allow them to ditch the brand

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the strip would continue to move to black and white rather than orange though. Is the plan still to abandon Campbelltown and play out of some new stadium in Parramatta?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Gandalf? That's young Gandalf doing his levitation trick, right?

e: or is it The Fonz?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Fanatic posted:

Yeah I like Magpies. Then they can join the group of lovable bird teams, namely Sea Eagles and Roosters. :allears:

I can't believe you forgot the Gold Coast Seagulls

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The tiger brand is so much better than the magpies its laughable to think the nrl would allow them to ditch the brand

My thoughts exactly. Also Wenty are Magpies too so that's just confusing.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
And USA Hawks! :downs:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

First SL game of the season, Leeds vs Warrington in a little over a hour, I'm excited! Got wine, beer and the kids in bed. All ready :toot:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
So exciting. Need to catch the replay later!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Warrington just on top in the first 5mins, Sandow looks sharp which is nice, ref made a couple of mistakes in warringtons favour, a good thing imo

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

and now lots of pressure from leeds, rhys evans has 2 defensive knock ons which he probably had to make both times. if Warrington get through this they'll be happy.

and they do

and then sims drops it lol

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The voluntary tackle rule does't make much sense

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

HT: 0 - 6 Warrington. Sandow scores from a head high tackle penalty on his good self, you need a stiff neck if you're a short arse in RL.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Leeds 10 - 12 Warrington. drat fine game. Warringtons defense won it.

Sandow is a step ahead of everyone else in attack but that includes his teammates, I recon he'll be poo poo next week against Hull KR and will loose heart in the whole project. I hope I'm wrong cos he's loving good when he's on.

Leeds had a good open play attacking game as per btw.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dirty Frank posted:

Leeds 10 - 12 Warrington. drat fine game. Warringtons defense won it.

Sandow is a step ahead of everyone else in attack but that includes his teammates, I recon he'll be poo poo next week against Hull KR and will loose heart in the whole project. I hope I'm wrong cos he's loving good when he's on.

Leeds had a good open play attacking game as per btw.

Leeds also not having Sinfield hurt them bad: Hardaker missed two kicks that would've won them the game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sandow has always been good when he's on

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

Leeds also not having Sinfield hurt them bad: Hardaker missed two kicks that would've won them the game.
Yep, but if Warrington's defense hadn't been so good they wouldn't have had the chance to win the game due to Leeds kicking

bowmore posted:

Sandow has always been good when he's on
agreed

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 4, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sandow's always been good when he's not required to tackle anyone using his arms.

e: or kick field goals at logical times

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
https://twitter.com/abcgrandstand/status/695473346578755584

Maybe Hunt and Napa the ones likely to grab a bench spot anyhow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Red_Museum posted:

https://twitter.com/abcgrandstand/status/695473346578755584

Maybe Hunt and Napa the ones likely to grab a bench spot anyhow?

Milford, Hunt and the already banned Valentine Holmes would've been in the mix for sure. Napa I guess based on commentator hype but I'm yet to be convinced by him.

• Locked thread