Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Stanko-Prussian posted:

a good inexpensive bourbon i discovered while i was in the usa last is elmer t. lee single barrel. check it out.

Buffalo Trace (the distillery and also the name of their cheapest offering) is really, really good. These are the people that make George T. Stagg and Pappy, both of which are worth being on the waiting list for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

mrking posted:

"IF they allow our community to openly interact across platforms with each other" - has any game ever done this? Cross platform interaction? I've heard people waxing poetic about it before, but never actually seen it happen in a real video game.

I think Eve Online lets PC spaceship players bombard targets painted by console FPS players.

...if that console game is even still running.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Star Citizens are not weird and it's mean of all of you to make fun of these gentle creatures, and their anime.

(I had no idea there were merman people out there, honest.)

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I'm the family in the background.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

spacetoaster posted:

Star Citizens are not weird and it's mean of all of you to make fun of these gentle creatures, and their anime.

looks like somebody never saw Zoolander.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Please don't dox me

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm the family in the background.

Like, what do you tell your kids? "Ummm, THAT is why you kids are attached to me with a rope and all have gps." Welcome to the verse.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously what we're you looking for when you found that

I can't imagine coming across someting like that unless you're actively looking for it

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

spacetoaster posted:

Like, what do you tell your kids? "Ummm, THAT is why you kids are attached to me with a rope and all have gps." Welcome to the verse.

"Cover your eyes and ears children! if you fall in the water while he is singing his siren song you will become like him" or something to that effect.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Immersion is what they want.

Eonwe posted:

page 1666

The Number of the Goon.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Romes128 posted:

Seriously what we're you looking for when you found that

I can't imagine coming across someting like that unless you're actively looking for it

Full disclosure. Another thread posted a dumb pic of a fat white dude in a merman suit. I was dumbstruck that a grown man would do this so I did a google image search to see how widespread it was. Found this dude, who, yep is into sci fi games.... and then, yep.

(That's all a lie. I'm pretty big into the whole merman roleplay scene.)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

spacetoaster posted:

look closely kids that is a loser dont be him

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

spacetoaster posted:

Full disclosure. Another thread posted a dumb pic of a fat white dude in a merman suit. I was dumbstruck that a grown man would do this so I did a google image search to see how widespread it was. Found this dude, who, yep is into sci fi games.... and then, yep.

(That's all a lie. I'm pretty big into the whole merman roleplay scene.)

Great, need to add this one to my bucket list. Hopefully Amazon has them with prime shipping.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

spacetoaster posted:

When I'm feeling down, I can look at this picture and think, "It's good, not being this man."

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Agrajag posted:

look closely kids that is a loser dont be him

i thought mermen at least had the decency to be ripped

not many mickey ds and family-sized bags of snickers under the waves

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

I blocked this creep out of principle.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I blocked this creep out of principle.

He looks like a young charles manson, only instead of helter skelter its star citizen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What's up with SC nerds, mermaid weirdos, etc. and all those beards? Like neckbeards I can understand, you just don't give a poo poo. But these people are apparently growing them on purpose.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

What's up with SC nerds, mermaid weirdos, and beards? Like neckbeards I can understand, you just don't give a poo poo. But these people are apparently growing them on purpose.

They are idiots

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

trucutru posted:

What's up with SC nerds, mermaid weirdos, etc. and all those beards? Like neckbeards I can understand, you just don't give a poo poo. But these people are apparently growing them on purpose.

SeriousTalk™? Because growing a beard is the most superficial way to show the world you're a "man", and it involves less work than shaving every day. This is not a rip on beards - beards can be cool as gently caress. This is a rip on using them to "prove" you're not the manchild you are.

Edit: I predict taking heat for this post. I want to reiterate the difference between beards, and :airquote:beards:airquote:. Please ZZ Top don't hurt me.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 3, 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

They are idiots

Peter you are a celebrity and a role model now your fans look up to you please do not forget that your rise to youtube fame was built on the shoulders/flippers of all citizens of space.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

Peter you are a celebrity and a role model now your fans look up to you please do not forget that your rise to youtube fame was built on the shoulders/flippers of all citizens of space.

I will use my VIP wisely and upset more people

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

SeriousTalk™? Because growing a beard is the most superficial way to show the world you're a "man", and it involves less work than shaving every day. This is not a rip on beards - beards can be cool as gently caress. This is a rip on using them to "prove" you're not the manchild you are.

Edit: I predict taking heat for this post. I want to reiterate the difference between beards, and :airquote:beards:airquote:. Please ZZ Top don't hurt me.

ZZ Tops drummer is the only one without a beard and his name is Frank Beard, what a hosed up world we live in

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I read somewhere that aversion to cilantro/coriander is actually an inherited genetic defect

I call it a defect because coriander is awesome

yo i thought coriander was those lovely little seeds with like stripes or whatever that your mom used to ruin spaghetti with??

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

coriander is excellent but it does not belong in a spaghetti

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

ZZ Tops drummer is the only one without a beard and his name is Frank Beard, what a hosed up world we live in

Chris Clue and Sandi Selfaware

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a hard time believing that merman would live in a shallow fresh water river like that one shown. Merpeople seem more like saltwater open-sea type creatures, who from time to time venture onto seaside rocks, maybe to trade or seduce the local fishermen.

However I am not a marine biologist, so that is only my opinion.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mrking posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXvApICPnE
Now if only CIG could find the best game combination.

Probably not what you mean, but the thumb controls on the Star Citizen branded joystick are meant to be a similar solution, yet lack analog or optical precision, and are therefore inferior, imo.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

remember when your uncle jimmy told you not to turn on the lights inside the car because it is not safe?

also cockpit reminds me of

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Probably not what you mean, but the thumb controls on the Star Citizen branded joystick are meant to be a similar solution, yet lack analog or optical precision, and are therefore inferior, imo.

Oh snap, you're back? I thought you were dead.

Have you gotten a refund?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I just realized that everything we're watching play out right now with CIG was prophecied back in the 80s by Hall & Oates...

Chris's Theme - Out of Touch
Sandi's Theme - Maneater
Employee Investigation Theme - Private Eyes

Their Greatest Hits albums are basically the soundtrack for this show.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

EminusSleepus posted:

remember when your uncle jimmy told you not to turn on the lights inside the car because it is not safe?

TBF distracting lights in operators' faces are a staple of sci-fi.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Scruffpuff posted:

I just realized that everything we're watching play out right now with CIG was prophecied back in the 80s by Hall & Oates...

Chris's Theme - Out of Touch
Sandi's Theme - Maneater
Employee Investigation Theme - Private Eyes

Their Greatest Hits albums are basically the soundtrack for this show.

You make my dreams come true - the backers

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I'm having a hard time believing that merman would live in a shallow fresh water river like that one shown. Merpeople seem more like saltwater open-sea type creatures, who from time to time venture onto seaside rocks, maybe to trade or seduce the local fishermen.

However I am not a marine biologist, so that is only my opinion.

Mermen in hanger aquariums confirmed.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

You make my dreams come true - the backers

Holy poo poo, we're onto something here.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Mermen in hanger aquariums confirmed.

You have to understand that the merman in my hangar aquarium will be very tactile, and therefore very meaningful.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AugmentedVision posted:

TBF distracting lights in operators' faces are a staple of sci-fi.

you don't say

SC is hollywood poo poo

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

? I've never spent any money on Star Citizen. I bought my fleet with TNGS contest winnings and donations from fans. Maybe you are thinking of someone else?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

35 loving grand!!?!!? jesus gently caress mate

also how does he manage to seem more feminine with a beard?

hahaha he also vapes

hahaha oh man he's married

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

You have to understand that the merman in my hangar aquarium will be very tactile, and therefore very meaningful.

<<USE>>

• Locked thread