Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

EminusSleepus posted:

you don't say

SC is hollywood poo poo

Lights in helmets own because then I can see the face of who's talking. It's pretty cool imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Khanstant posted:

yo i thought coriander was those lovely little seeds with like stripes or whatever that your mom used to ruin spaghetti with??

Nah, that's fennel, and it's hosed up. I won't let Bootcha use it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Agrajag posted:

35 loving grand!!?!!? jesus gently caress mate
That's more than wesha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43ab9w/i_have_a_problem/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Only certain users may read this spoiler, pm the user and ask for permission Some news has come up about sandi and chris and a certain government letter they received today.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lethality being accused of not understanding game development

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I Can't Go For That - Derek Smart

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ATV Which Glitch: Episode 01

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cuntpunch posted:

Whiskey talk? I've always recommended folks new to single malts to aim for Glenmorangie - it's just plain simple Highlands. Also a favorite of actual scots!

Late maybe, but yes this. I buy a lot of different Single malts, and Glenmorangie isn't close to the priciest, but their 10 and 12s are some of my favorites.

Aberlour is drat good too.

Semi-related: Blanton's is a fine Bourbon

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 3, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

? I've never spent any money on Star Citizen. I bought my fleet with TNGS contest winnings and donations from fans. Maybe you are thinking of someone else?

My bad. Didn't know.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

My bad. Didn't know.

No worries. I'm not around that often. I'm a "true believer" in CR and SC and there isn't much tolerance in here for that kind of optimism :p

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Only certain users may read this spoiler, pm the user and ask for permission Some news has come up about sandi and chris and a certain government letter they received today.

Is this something to do with what's happening in the other thread? :munch:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

These people are biased and don't know what you like.

That's why I refuse to have ice or water with mine.

Michaleen Oge Flynn said it best: "When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."

Bootcha posted:

Also, tangentially BEER CHAT.

Bah. I of course think if it's not Guinness, it's crap. But we all know your tragic history with Guinness.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
You've Lost That Loving Feeling - backers when they hear about cancelled Star Marine
Everything Your Heart Desires - 10FTC promises to backers

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 3, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Lack of Gravitas posted:

You can't just say something like that and not give deets

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

No worries. I'm not around that often. I'm a "true believer" in CR and SC and there isn't much tolerance in here for that kind of optimism :p

Ok. As someone who's been involved with CIG (I'm just assuming you know more behind the scenes stuff) why do you think the release dates have slipped so far?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
caught up with the thread.gif

:gary:gently caress all y'all:yarg:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

shrach posted:

The article about the US investment in the UK company is merely a hint at how much the US company has paid the UK company for services rendered. There is no capital investment.

The motion capture and other Foundry 42 Ltd operating costs will need to be actually paid. Foundry 42 Ltd has not shipped anything and does not sell anything so the actual cash has to come from somewhere. If Foundry 42 Ltd is incurring these costs, they have to pay these costs. If as the article notes Foundry 42 Ltd negotiated receiving payable tax credits based on their expenditure, it makes sense to put as many expenses through this company as possible to get as much tax credits as you can.

Assuming they filed the correct set of accounts then looking at the accounts for Foundry 42 Ltd for the period 24 September 2013 to 31 December 2014 shows that at that date, there was a ceiling of around £5m of non-capital expenses in Foundry 42 LTD and £6m invoiced. They spent £0.5m on fixed assets. Someone who has followed this closer could look at the UK team size and ponder burn rates for that period and hopefully come up with numbers lower than these.

If the article says US "investment" so far was £15m then you can start to assume that Foundry 42 Ltd's expenses/invoices to the US companies total a further £10m (15m less whatever the actual number was to December 2014) in 2015. However, things do start to become complicated here.

It is my understanding that at the end of January of 2015 the US company was no longer selling Star Citizen (but probably still had a pile of cash). All sales were now going through a UK subsidiary (Roberts Space Industries LTD) and presumably paying this money forward to CIG UK LTD which might now take up the position formerly held by the US company. But it is quite possible that the UK parent company had to transfer some/most/all the funds to the US company which still owned the IP and making the Star Citizen et al (and not making Squadron 42) and then the US company paid the UK subsidiary (Foundry 42 Ltd).

It seems unlikely that Foundry 42 Ltd only spent ~£12m in 2015 including the motion capture and continued burn rate and so I would suspect that CIG US and CIG UK (which both now have sources of income) both paid cash to Foundry 42 LTD in 2015.

The 2015 accounts are due at the end of September and we now know they are certain to be a full set of audited accounts after reaching audit level but we all know how deadlines work for Chris. Given they couldn't file non-trading company accounts on time, I wouldn't expect to ever really see these accounts.

Pretty good assessment. And yes, since they know there are lots of prying eyes, my guess is that they will hold off on filing as long as possible. They have to file; they have no way around it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure that's a legal grey area (if not outright illegal) to have that posted, even if you have to give permission to view it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Lack of Gravitas posted:

HapiMerchant posted:

PM this user and ask for permission to view this message plus the fact that they've been under surveillance and i'm told there's some compromising pics of PM this user and ask for permission to view this message

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HapiMerchant posted:

sorry, but it's under :siren: OPSEC :siren:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a legal grey area (if not outright illegal) to have that posted, even if you have to give permission to view it.

Derek's my dad as you all know so I've no worries.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Can anyone confirm that you can uninstall the game cleanly? I'd be interested to try the free fly week, but I don't want to leave random dll files on my system.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

PM this user and ask for permission to view this message plus the fact that they've been under surveillance and i'm told there's some compromising pics of PM this user and ask for permission to view this message

I am no longer able to distinguish satire from reality send help

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

aggressively bland is the overall concept for both gameplay and visuals for both games.

"Aggressively Bland" is my Nickelback cover band.

I've had a bad day. Time to go play a game that actually works, and drink some Lagavulin 16 until I don't give a gently caress anymore.

BluestreakBTHR fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 3, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Star Citizen. Nowhere in that missive does "Squadron 42" appear.

As I said before, it's very strong possibility that they will do it for SQ42.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/316584/do-you-think-cig-will-give-us-a-sq42-release-date

Release dates are for uncool dudes.

paaarppp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When this thing goes to poo poo it will be hilarious to see wesha rationalize his purchases

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tokamak posted:

Can anyone confirm that you can uninstall the game cleanly? I'd be interested to try the free fly week, but I don't want to leave random dll files on my system.

The uninstaller is the only part of the game that works. Once you uninstall, you can clean leftover folders in these locations:

C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games (just toast the whole folder)
%localappdata%\Star Citizen (same as above)

That should do the trick.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

When this thing goes to poo poo it will be hilarious to see wesha rationalize his purchases

I honestly have never heard of the amount of money he's spent being spent on something like this.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

For a brief and shining moment, he was a star who people admired, and he will treasure that feeling for the rest of his days

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Of course, those people were Star Citizens, so their admiration is worth as much as the paper their jpegs are printed on

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

I once sued an employer for violating the FLSA and the audacity they had was to try and buy me off for 60k. I gave them the finger took them to court and won. I made a lousy 800 dollars but it cost the company 3 million (paying me plus 1000 employees 800 bucks plus my legal fees and I had one hell of an expensive legal team) The point is most companies will poo poo on you unless you push back AND you have a really good legal team. I wish Derek would offer legal protection to CIG employees but I assume there is some sort of NDA or something that is keeping him from doing that.

I already told those who I am in contact with that if they get into any legal tussle with RSI/CIG in which they took legal action against them, that they could count on me to get involved and help them out with it.

In fact, though I can't name names, we are working through one such possibility right now and it's what I hinted at recently.

My one wish is that, since RSI/CIG is - last we heard - going after some ex- employees for "talking to Derek Smart", that I somehow get dragged into it. It's the sure fire way of getting around the whole arbitration bullshit (which as I explained here, I don't want to deal with) and straight into a lawsuit. Because the minute my name appears anywhere in any lawsuit that doesn't involve me directly, I'm going in.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

HapiMerchant posted:

I am no longer able to distinguish satire from reality send help

Don't worry, i'm gonna drop the truth bomb on redditors when PM this user and ask for permission to view this message

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

shrach posted:

The article about the US investment in the UK company is merely a hint at how much the US company has paid the UK company for services rendered. There is no capital investment.

The motion capture and other Foundry 42 Ltd operating costs will need to be actually paid. Foundry 42 Ltd has not shipped anything and does not sell anything so the actual cash has to come from somewhere. If Foundry 42 Ltd is incurring these costs, they have to pay these costs. If as the article notes Foundry 42 Ltd negotiated receiving payable tax credits based on their expenditure, it makes sense to put as many expenses through this company as possible to get as much tax credits as you can.

Assuming they filed the correct set of accounts then looking at the accounts for Foundry 42 Ltd for the period 24 September 2013 to 31 December 2014 shows that at that date, there was a ceiling of around £5m of non-capital expenses in Foundry 42 LTD and £6m invoiced. They spent £0.5m on fixed assets. Someone who has followed this closer could look at the UK team size and ponder burn rates for that period and hopefully come up with numbers lower than these.

If the article says US "investment" so far was £15m then you can start to assume that Foundry 42 Ltd's expenses/invoices to the US companies total a further £10m (15m less whatever the actual number was to December 2014) in 2015. However, things do start to become complicated here.

It is my understanding that at the end of January of 2015 the US company was no longer selling Star Citizen (but probably still had a pile of cash). All sales were now going through a UK subsidiary (Roberts Space Industries LTD) and presumably paying this money forward to CIG UK LTD which might now take up the position formerly held by the US company. But it is quite possible that the UK parent company had to transfer some/most/all the funds to the US company which still owned the IP and making the Star Citizen et al (and not making Squadron 42) and then the US company paid the UK subsidiary (Foundry 42 Ltd).

It seems unlikely that Foundry 42 Ltd only spent ~£12m in 2015 including the motion capture and continued burn rate and so I would suspect that CIG US and CIG UK (which both now have sources of income) both paid cash to Foundry 42 LTD in 2015.

The 2015 accounts are due at the end of September and we now know they are certain to be a full set of audited accounts after reaching audit level but we all know how deadlines work for Chris. Given they couldn't file non-trading company accounts on time, I wouldn't expect to ever really see these accounts.
Excellent effort post, thank you!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

BluestreakBTHR posted:

"Aggressively Bland" is my Nickelback cover band.

Interestingly (not really), the one Nickelback song I've heard references Crown Royal, which is also aggressively bland.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

It would all have worked out if it wasn't for those damned goons and their master. :argh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Because the minute my name appears anywhere in any lawsuit that doesn't involve me directly, I'm going in.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Ok. As someone who's been involved with CIG (I'm just assuming you know more behind the scenes stuff) why do you think the release dates have slipped so far?

I can say I'm glad they are taking their time, because I remember Freelancer, and believe Chris has learned a lot from that experience.

I'm also two years behind on my own crowd funded project, so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Mine is done except for the last pass on sound quality, and most of my team and supporters are glad we took our time, as the final product is really quite satisfactory. So maybe I learned the same lessons by proxy.

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 3, 2016

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

coriander is excellent but it does not belong in a spaghetti

i was wrong! both mom and step-mom used to put fennel seeds (from google long skinny striped seed spice) in the spaghetti, not coriander. I don't think I know what coriander seeds go in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

MeLKoR posted:

It would all have worked out if it wasn't for those damned goons and their master. :argh:

Don't you mean "I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling goons"?

• Locked thread