Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I'm getting into this game and am thinking of uncapping my husbando (Star Lord) for my first hero. Is this a bad idea? Also how's Captain Marvel?

I like them both. I hated star lord at one time. He is pretty squishy and leveling him was a very awkward experience compared to others. I am a much bigger fan now than I was. I really like his kit. It's skill bloat but when you get in a rhythm, it's like a piano at times.

Captain Marvel, what sion said. She's pretty strong now though and has come a long way. Much easier to play than slord but if he is your waifu, you kinda have no choice but to play with waifu Pete Quillinham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I'm getting into this game and am thinking of uncapping my husbando (Star Lord) for my first hero. Is this a bad idea? Also how's Captain Marvel?

star-lord's kinda bleh, he has a mechanic that sounds neat on paper(load up elemental ammo then spend it with different attacks) but it doesn't really add much in play and just makes him kinda obtuse

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I like that there is a Van Dyne store in Hightown :allears: never release Wasp gaz

Also doing Hightown without a teleport is a tremendous amount of fun. Ziggurat omega node with the changes please gaz.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Big omega rework is this month. No idea what to expect.

There is speculation of acquiring omegas faster for newer players. The goal is to get everybody to 7,500 much faster.

Again, we will see what happens.

I'm hoping that they'll make them easier to get when you are a lower omegas and then have it slow down gradually until you hit the cap. Having them all take the same time is dumb and just scares away new players when they only earn 30 or so omega points by leveling to 60.

also a new omega tab you started teasing the time travel one back in loving november 2014 gaz :gaz:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I think that to show our newer players who to buy, Prel should post his new tier list.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It would be easier to just list the 5 or so characters to absolutely not buy. Or just list Doreen five times.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You know, for being a pink-particle generic ninja woman, Psylocke is... really fun. I think it's the fact that her dash is like twice as far as everyone else's and also goes through walls.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Saint Freak posted:

It would be easier to just list the 5 or so characters to absolutely not buy. Or just list Doreen five times.

I didn't know they screwed SG

So sad

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Psylocke is a dumb comic book character, but for the same reason she's actually one of the few that isn't kind of ridiculous to turn into a Diablo II class. She has a whole kit.

She's one of my favorites to play, although I think her numbers have fallen behind.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I would say not Silver for a very first char because he's so much different than anyone else

Yeah an actual good char.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stagger_Lee posted:

Psylocke is a dumb comic book character, but for the same reason she's actually one of the few that isn't kind of ridiculous to turn into a Diablo II class. She has a whole kit.

She's one of my favorites to play, although I think her numbers have fallen behind.

Psylocke's been pretty cool the last 10 years or so, she just has all that dumb poo poo before it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Captain Marvel was my favorite character when I started playing this game forever ago but she's been left behind by the game changes IMO

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Psylocke will be cool once they finally get around to her uniques. Amthua thought her uniques were fine though so I'm not holding my breath.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Big Pun still top tier

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Deadpool is a strong first hero pick but his lack of spirit will ruin you once you have to account for spirit as a thing. Seriously though he's loving bonkers. Like, effortlessly 60%+ crit and brut chance on him. I've been just throwing together random poo poo builds on him and doing insane damage. The melee build I hosed up making halfway but stuck with it cause I hate clicking 130+ times every time I reset doesn't even have a skill on every hotkey...

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, was this intentional?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTj5mVEvn9g

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Any hero can be fun to play.

Apart from Mr Fantastic he's boring as gently caress. Until you get his sig then he's boring as gently caress whenever it's on cooldown.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Who should I buy if I want to be able to just point in the general direction of enemies? I have Iron Man, is that a good choice?

Repeating this post for three pages later. I like to play this game lazy sometimes and still watch things melt.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Mr Fantastic is actually above average in fun level if you :gitgud:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Repeating this post for three pages later. I like to play this game lazy sometimes and still watch things melt.

Cyclops. Ricochet Blast
Rouge. Ricochet Blast
Ghost Rider. Ride.
Silver Surfer. Board Dash.

There ya go!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

All the in-game hair is rioting until it gets the Jean Grey Is Special And Precious Treatment.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I like them both. I hated star lord at one time. He is pretty squishy and leveling him was a very awkward experience compared to others. I am a much bigger fan now than I was. I really like his kit. It's skill bloat but when you get in a rhythm, it's like a piano at times.

Captain Marvel, what sion said. She's pretty strong now though and has come a long way. Much easier to play than slord but if he is your waifu, you kinda have no choice but to play with waifu Pete Quillinham.

Yeah I think for all this game's ups, downs, silly poo poo, etc., the one thing that will always be true is always main your waifu.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
MINOR CHANGES & BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue where all players would be booted from an instance when the party disbands.
Added Mystic Mystery Volume 4 and 5 to count towards the Top Secret achievement.

^ going to get secret avenger on patch day

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Deadpool, no spirit costs on anything and a teleport at level 1, AoE machine gun unlocked at level 1.

Magik, no spirit cost teleport, unlocks corpse explosion at level 6. Just teleport around casting corpse explosion on everything.

There are so many characters that have really dumb design like a necessary AoE or specialization that unlocks in the 40's or running out of spirit after 3 dashes in a row.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Datasmurf posted:

So, apart from getting good / better, how do you beat X-23? I managed to take down the other two X-Men, but I'm stuck at her.

dont worry buddies, gaz got your back

quote:

Reduced the amount of healing the Impostor X-23 has when Psylocke is defeated.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Why does psylocke dying increase her healing

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

the psychic butterflies have a healing effect

jesus christ read the comics

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Drythe posted:

Why does psylocke dying increase her healing

:gaz:

suction
Jul 17, 2009
sent in my thing
for the love of god, please play it in fullscreen when you stream, icr
jesus

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

suction posted:

sent in my thing
for the love of god, please play it in fullscreen when you stream, icr
jesus

I just watched this...

:vince:

Arboc...you have a contender.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

Hello all -

Thanks for all the feedback on the crafting changes that were released in the update last week. I wanted to give an update on what we are doing in response to concerns from players about crafting recipe costs.
  • We are increasing the amount of crafting elements that will drop from cosmic content. The idea is for them to drop in single stacks of several so that you wont need to manually pick up several different single elements.
  • We will be adding a recipe that allows you to reroll just a costume affix value. For example, you will use the offensive affix recipes to roll different offensive affixes you may want, and then you can use the new recipes to reroll ONLY the value.
  • We will be doing a broad pass of crafting recipe costs for the release later this month. This will be done after seeing how things are settling out after the first 2 changes. We want to make sure that we aren't turning too many knobs at once.
The first 2 items are being targeted for next week's patch as it would be too risky to try to rush them out for this weeks patch.

We have no plans to allow crafting materials to autoloot currently. We have some plans in the pipleline that would assist with this, but nothing to announce right now. We will, as always, continue to listen to feedback and adjust accordingly.
(Emphasis mine.)

About time. It doesn't fix the issue of CDR being pretty much the only affix anyone would ever want to roll, but it's a nice change regardless. Perhaps one of these days we'll even get a recipe to straight upgrade items from ilvl 63 to 69!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Asros posted:

Reviewing which runes autopopulate will be done in the recipe cost review.

Oh yeah, runes will stack to 1000 as well.

Also, to add the previous post. It means we will have to roll CDR, then we can just reroll the CDR value.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

FranktheBank posted:

Also, to add the previous post. It means we will have to roll CDR, then we can just reroll the CDR value.

Frank your next mission is to find out if Asros asked about cosmic insignia in danger room today!

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

mh 2016

an opportunity to release things we were told were coming in 2014

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New beginnings my friend.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

release the cleavage gaz #boobgate

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I do kind of hope they make auto looting crafting mats a thing. I used to have 1 stash full of pure elements and i never needed to search for them when I was adding costume affixes or anything. Now I only have 4 stacks of 120 and will need to retrain myself to pick them up again.

Release the zenpool, and also symbiote rocket. #costumegate

men with puns
Feb 8, 2010
Young Orc

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I just watched this...

:vince:

Arboc...you have a contender.

please unchain me from this desk i want to go home

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Please make crafting mats autoloot to the currency tab thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Please make crafting mats autoloot to the currency tab thanks in advance

no sorry that's not in the cards because asros said so

it's very satisfying to click every single turquoise item that drops. i know i love picking up cores and crafting mats

• Locked thread