Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
No way they're trying to get back in the saddle without having buried Josh and brought in a lookalike cousin to play his part. Josh has demonstrated he has the power to derail the entire train on a moment's notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I bet they'll devote 5-10 minutes of the first episode discussing Josh, and then never mention him again for the rest of the show. Meanwhile, people watching who want to hear more about Josh will stop watching. Eventually, no one will care about this stupid, stupid family.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

It hasn't even been a year. Time to start going after advertisers again.

Looking forward to the new Cosby Show reboot with Bill as the cranky granddad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Looking forward to the new Cosby Show reboot with Bill as the cranky granddad.

Serious post: They already did this.
There was an American reboot of 'One Foot in the Grave' starring Bill Cosby imaginatevely called 'Cosby'.

And to my best recollection of the show, he never said "I don't belieeeeeeeve it" once, so it was shithouse.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

The Bible posted:

They know their audience. They just can't resist the call of white trash.

I saw an Amish Mafia bumper sticker today

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SteveVizsla posted:

I saw an Amish Mafia bumper sticker today

Isn't that show completely fake. I live near the area its supposed to take place and i have never heard of any of this poo poo.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

gently caress tlc.

and jim bob.

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Isn't that show completely fake. I live near the area its supposed to take place and i have never heard of any of this poo poo.

Yeah, I'm from Lancaster and I have a friend who's been an extra on the show several times, sometimes as an Amishman. It's crazy fake

Cabernet Sovereign
Jun 14, 2008
I don't think "CP fun" was the best phrasing for this popup.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rambling Robot posted:

gently caress tlc.

and jim bob.

you can try but he'd outlast you

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

and that's enough jim bobing for today.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I bet they'll devote 5-10 minutes of the first episode discussing Josh, and then never mention him again for the rest of the show. Meanwhile, people watching who want to hear more about Josh will stop watching. Eventually, no one will care about this stupid, stupid family.

I appreciate your optimism, but as long as tabloid media and TLC continue to force them on us, there's a group of idiots out there who will continue to care.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat fresh

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I appreciate your optimism, but as long as tabloid media and TLC continue to force them on us, there's a group of idiots out there who will continue to care.

Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

moremons are so fycking ugly

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the doesn't learn channel

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Your other option is a copycat Christian famewhore mega-family finally getting a TV show, too. For some reason, mainstream America can't get enough of these weirdos exploiting their children for free clothes and trips.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

XMNN posted:

moremons are so fycking ugly

Independent Baptists

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

Independent Baptists

Independent rapists

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

"When I'm ruling over my planet in the next life, I'm molesting all of the populace."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

happyhippy posted:

"When I'm ruling over my planet in the next life, I'm molesting all of the populace."

Man imagine if mormonism was real and you lived on a planet where a mormon was god

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man imagine if mormonism was real and you lived on a planet where a mormon was god

Well, I've got a new version of Hell that will haunt me in the moment of my death.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Eh, Mormon heaven seems like an ok deal for the unwashed masses, all told. Better then the hells on the Great Wheel.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pvt.Scott posted:

Eh, Mormon heaven seems like an ok deal for the unwashed masses, all told. Better then the hells on the Great Wheel.

So what color will you make the 'black' people of your world?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Well, I've got a new version of Hell that will haunt me in the moment of my death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFLq6cAyh0w

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yes. And I'm in a heavily Amish area near Lancaster.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Looks like someone is rebranding.

A Duggar Cousin Says She Had Premarital Sex, 'Never Lived Up' to the Family Standard

quote:

A relative of 19 Kids And Counting Duggar family is coming clean to People magazine about why she's happy to let her hair down in a way that might make her the clans "rebel."

Amy (Duggar) King, a cousin of the Duggar children, graces the cover of the magazine's newest issue in short shorts and a midriff-baring shirt, an outfit that the ultra-conservative brood might consider risqu.

Known as the rebellious one of the clan, Amy admits in issue that she had premarital sex and "never really felt up to the Duggar standard."

Amy gave insight into her upbringing and how it differed from her extended family, saying: growing up was all about shorts, tank tops, country songs and boyfriends.

She said she "became known as the rebellious one without even really being rebellious."

"What makes me a rebel?" she said. "I love the Lord and I love my family. I'm just not born to live exactly the way they do."

NIKE!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Looks like someone is rebranding.

NIKE!

She's showing her legs and smiling. That whore.

Duggars need a new angle. It's time for a road trip. A new Duggar show where they hit the road (and tour the packed mega churches). It will be time of great healing and hijynx as the Duggars come face to face (not really) with the modern world.

Christians, Evangelicals especially, love redemption themes. Just make big public show of contrition and gnashing and they'll be back in the black.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Unintentionally hilarious title. It's too bad that premarital sex never lived up the family standard.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Automatic Slim posted:

She's showing her legs and smiling. That whore.

Duggars need a new angle. It's time for a road trip. A new Duggar show where they hit the road (and tour the packed mega churches). It will be time of great healing and hijynx as the Duggars come face to face (not really) with the modern world.

Christians, Evangelicals especially, love redemption themes. Just make big public show of contrition and gnashing and they'll be back in the black.

Please please please bring them to New York City. I want to see them surrounded by fake Elmos and painted topless women in Times Square.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please please please bring them to New York City. I want to see them surrounded by fake Elmos and painted topless women in Times Square.

They've already gone to New York City on the old show. It involved a lot of NIKE! and staring at the ground.

In fact, I think that was the first appearance of NIKE!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

thrawn527 posted:

They've already gone to New York City on the old show. It involved a lot of NIKE! and staring at the ground.

In fact, I think that was the first appearance of NIKE!

Let me guess, they stayed in Times Square and Rockefeller Center, and maybe a trip to the Statue, and that's it. And I doubt they ever went near the subway.

And forgive me for not having seen more than two episodes, but what is "NIKE!"?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Let me guess, they stayed in Times Square and Rockefeller Center, and maybe a trip to the Statue, and that's it. And I doubt they ever went near the subway.

And forgive me for not having seen more than two episodes, but what is "NIKE!"?

I honestly don't remember where they went, other than the Today Show to be interviewed.

Whenever anyone in the family sees someone dressed in, let's say, less than modest clothing (anything that could give a young Duggar boy a hard on), they say "NIKE!" and everyone (the boys) are supposed to stare at the ground, so their innocent eyes do not become unclean by the site of female flesh.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh for gently caress's sake

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TLC simply can't be bringing this back. There has to be a twist here: did the Duggars beg for at least half of what they got from their older shows? Is there going to be even more oversight? There's no way that TLC just decided out of the kindness of their hearts to bring back Lego Hair and His hosed Up Family of Retards just because one of their shows happened to do well.

I'm guessing there was a major salary cut here, along with some kind of penalty if another kid rapes another one.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

TLC simply can't be bringing this back. There has to be a twist here: did the Duggars beg for at least half of what they got from their older shows? Is there going to be even more oversight? There's no way that TLC just decided out of the kindness of their hearts to bring back Lego Hair and His hosed Up Family of Retards just because one of their shows happened to do well.

I'm guessing there was a major salary cut here, along with some kind of penalty if another kid rapes another one.

Well whatcelsr is going to get the ratings for TLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

PassTheRemote posted:

Well whatcelsr is going to get the ratings for TLC?

Toddlers & Former Mods.

• Locked thread