Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

alf_pogs posted:

this is just about the stupidest thing i've ever read.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIENCE A URINARY TRACT INFECTION.... IN SPACE

It's like the Tired/Sick system from Persona 3, except really disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

alf_pogs posted:

this is just about the stupidest thing i've ever read.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIENCE A URINARY TRACT INFECTION.... IN SPACE

Could there be anything more immersive than the tense moments where you're hiding inside of a crate in a derelict ship waiting for a nearby scavenger crew to pick you up so you can sneak aboard their ship but you also really need to poo poo?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Could there be anything more immersive than the tense moments where you're hiding inside of a crate in a derelict ship waiting for a nearby scavenger crew to pick you up so you can sneak aboard their ship but you also really need to poo poo?

I wonder how this could be handled in gameplay? Maybe have a "constipation" modifier that slows your character down?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

burning money is fun, especially when you constantly remind people how little you care

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Star Citizen: We can handle #2 so we can be #1.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

The uninstaller is the only part of the game that works. Once you uninstall, you can clean leftover folders in these locations:

C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games (just toast the whole folder)
%localappdata%\Star Citizen (same as above)

That should do the trick.

I read that a few people had trouble uninstalling it, but maybe they hosed up their game folders in some way.
That's it,
IMASTARCITIZEN (for a couple days)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tying into beer chat imagine you just had a nice chartered space-flight to an abandoned procedurally generated space-asteroid-station and the player who is making you drinks fucks up their quick time event to give you something to drink and you end up downing way too much Space Guinness instead of the much lighter Bumbling Ben you expected and you get to the station and have to stalk through it to avoid procedurally generated abandoned space pirates but you're getting a big Guinness baby trying to crown so you can only walk in a semi-crouch and only use one hand cause your other hand is at your butt in a hopeless gesture attempting to stop you pooping in your space suit while hunting for a procedurally generated abandoned space-toilet it's okay you can kill me I'm already dead.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Oh man, the post from Crob, being so proud of his new "test" rig: "I got 4 Titans in this rig and an eight-core AMD".

Motherfucker, everyone knows you go with Intel. Way to bottleneck you gains and set your room on fire. Roberts is going to end up like that one bitcoin dude who fell asleep next to his rig and got brain damage from the heat.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I can say I'm glad they are taking their time, because I remember Freelancer, and believe Chris has learned a lot from that experience.

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

On point one, Chris may have learned something from Freelancer, but some very bad habits have resurfaced.

On point two, Sandi may have been nice to me as well, but I'm not concerned about her treatment of me, or large/public backers in general. I'm concerned about her treatment of employees, which by several reports is disgustingly abysmal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TTerrible posted:

What the gently caress, some of those ships are enormous :psyduck:

Have you not seen the leaked stuff?

Effort post incoming:

Some squadron 42 spoiler stuff in first image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFr9qqL8-4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmpFCIGjEGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLvpaYD0GYM

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Phi230 posted:

I wonder how this could be handled in gameplay? Maybe have a "constipation" modifier that slows your character down?

Judging by the character movement animations, this has already been implemented

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Phi230 posted:

Yeah, randomly you see <<USE>> pop up. Select it, then your star marine starts power walking everywhere with clenched buttocks.

Folks, the immersion is real.

My Starliner won't have UTIs. I'll have cranberry juice stocked on board.

My god, I hope this fiasco goes at least another year. The amount of laughs generated is quite priceless.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

You should ask Beer about his correspondence with Sandi.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Tying into beer chat imagine you just had a nice chartered space-flight to an abandoned procedurally generated space-asteroid-station and the player who is making you drinks fucks up their quick time event to give you something to drink and you end up downing way too much Space Guinness instead of the much lighter Bumbling Ben you expected and you get to the station and have to stalk through it to avoid procedurally generated abandoned space pirates but you're getting a big Guinness baby trying to crown so you can only walk in a semi-crouch and only use one hand cause your other hand is at your butt in a hopeless gesture attempting to stop you pooping in your space suit while hunting for a procedurally generated abandoned space-toilet it's okay you can kill me I'm already dead.

:stare:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Will we be able to pay $5 to watch a cutscene of our character drinking a bloody mary in the Million Mile High Club?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm still really far behind.... but I just wanted to say that this gif is amazing, and that i'm glad star marine is coming along just fine.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what if everyone running in the social areas just really have to space poop?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what if everyone running in the social areas just really have to space poop?

That's where the power of Cryengine kicks in. Zero-G particle physics.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdAR6Ugqb8I

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

2DCAT posted:

I'm still really far behind.... but I just wanted to say that this gif is amazing, and that i'm glad star marine is coming along just fine.

FPS, it's in the game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's where the power of Cryengine kicks in. Zero-G particle physics.

Your name and that quote before the start of my vid just blew my mind

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

how many times/years have you worked/corresponded with Sandi? It is her job to be nice after all she is the best marketing person in the whole world since childhood.

We still chat occasionally, as she recently mentioned on AtV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuiVA131ZZ4
18:37

She's not just nice, she goes out of her way to be helpful. Maybe we just get along especially well, but Sean, Chris R and Sandi all made me feel welcome on Shotgun.

I can't speak to anyone else's experiences (except to suspect that they are fabricated.)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I'm guessing he was offering me up to get back into their good graces.

Here's some of that sweet leaked stuff from last year.

http://imgur.com/a/XSQq4

Ha, just realized the retribution is a dressed up version of the midway from wing commander the prophecy, and the vanduul ships look about the same to as ships from wind commander the prophecy.

Originality is dead.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

seriously everything the backers want is just real life but with "in space" added to the sentence

DO BIRDWATCHING AND HUNTING... IN SPACE
MIX FANCY DRINKS... IN SPACE
STACK CRATES AND MAYBE HIDE IN CRATES... IN SPACE
FIGHT THE URGE TO poo poo... IN SPACE

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Your name and that quote before the start of my vid just blew my mind

lmao

Can't watch your vid due to copyright. And my name is because most tell me I'm full of poo poo.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

This is my favorite post of the last 20 pages.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I can't speak to anyone else's experiences (except to suspect that they are fabricated.)

hahaha gently caress you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like the taste of most rums and also gin. It's usually the gin part of a gin and tonic that makes it pleasant. Spiced rum is also good for spiking a warm apple cider and I'd rather have that than real cider.

I've tried a few cheap whiskeys and I wasn't really sold on having them straight so I only used them in sours and hot toddies. I feel like an expensive whiskey would be a waste on my palate.

These were my horrible alcohol opinions. I'm more of a tea person.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

seriously everything the backers want is just real life but with "in space" added to the sentence

DO BIRDWATCHING AND HUNTING... IN SPACE
MIX FANCY DRINKS... IN SPACE
STACK CRATES AND MAYBE HIDE IN CRATES... IN SPACE
FIGHT THE URGE TO poo poo... IN SPACE

Work...in space
Fly for 12 hours...in space
Rape...in space
Cure cancer...in space
Farm...in space
Be a newscaster...in space
Be a drug dealer...in space

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

:gary: :yarg:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

You should ask Beer about his correspondence with Sandi.

She sounds like Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman when she talks about herself & her accomplishments while emailing with Beer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Fuzzy Modem posted:

If Beer's emails are truly fabricated, then why don't CIG at the very least make a public statement stating that they are fake? Or better still, why don't they sue? It would be an open and shut case.

Oh yes, I remember now: It's because they are in fact very real.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fuzzy Modem posted:

At some point you need to apply Occams Razor. Either this is a giant conspiracy and all of the rumblings about Sandi being a tyrant are false or she doesn't behave the same way towards everyone else as she does to you. I'm not going to tell you to gently caress yourself or get out but there is mounting piles of bad stacking up. Bootcha (as I suspect you know) was a pre-KS investor and wouldn't have pulled his investment nor said the things he has just to earn internet points.

Keep reading. This thread has its moments but something bad is going on man.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fuzzy Modem posted:

We still chat occasionally, as she recently mentioned on AtV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuiVA131ZZ4
18:37

She's not just nice, she goes out of her way to be helpful. Maybe we just get along especially well, but Sean, Chris R and Sandi all made me feel welcome on Shotgun.

prostitutes are not just nice they also go out of their way as long as they are get paid.

I would believe you if you have worked with Sandi 8hours/day for at least a year. those who made "fabricated stories" worked with her.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

I told you people that Lethality is not dumb. I bought him an account for a reason.

E: Yes Rumor is obviously trolling him. Understand it takes time for a man to crawl out from under the shattered wreckage of his bedroom wall and the Kool-Aid Man.

Haskell9 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 3, 2016

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

At some point you need to apply Occams Razor. Either this is a giant conspiracy and all of the rumblings about Sandi being a tyrant are false or she doesn't behave the same way towards everyone else as she does to you. I'm not going to tell you to gently caress yourself or get out but there is mounting piles of bad stacking up. Bootcha (as I suspect you know) was a pre-KS investor and wouldn't have pulled his investment nor said the things he has just to earn internet points.

Keep reading. This thread has its moments but something bad is going on man.

fuctifino posted:

If Beer's emails are truly fabricated, then why don't CIG at the very least make a public statement stating that they are fake? Or better still, why don't they sue? It would be an open and shut case.

Oh yes, I remember now: It's because they are in fact very real.

Look how long it took them to acknowledge D.S. because that's what Smart wanted them to do, as it creates the false illusion that they are actually peers.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

I would believe you if you have worked with Sandi 8hours/day for at least a year. those who made "fabricated stories" worked with her.

Did they? I'm sure they can provide me with their Shotgun page then. If so, I'll eat crow.

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 3, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The only thing you can do about trolls is ignore them.

*goes on closeup rant about how little trolling bothers him*

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

poo poo, UMG worked fast. It's blocked now :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Look how long it took them to acknowledge D.S. because that's what Smart wanted them to do, as it creates the false illusion that they are actually peers.

what the gently caress are you talking about? p

• Locked thread