Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Haskell9 posted:

I told you people that Lethality is not dumb. I bought him an account for a reason.

the thing with the believers is that they're dumb until they're not.

the whole CIG empire is built on empty promises, and gradually that's gonna run out. one by one they'll see features they really want - drop in coop, private servers, the room system - get cut or put on the backburner, and little by little it's gonna turn them around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about? p

Yeah, that was weird. Why did it not post the word "wanted"?

[edit] Oh wait, it just took a second longer to load, because it was in italics I guess.

What's your question? Do you need me to rephrase?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

HiHo ChiRho posted:

poo poo, UMG worked fast. It's blocked now :-(

I might pull it down til tomoro it's late here now

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I can't speak to anyone else's experiences (except to suspect that they are fabricated.)

Lol'd.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

the whole CIG empire is built on empty promises, and gradually that's gonna run out. one by one they'll see features they really want - drop in coop, private servers, the room system - get cut or put on the backburner, and little by little it's gonna turn them around.

In the 4th CIGpire, you will be shocked by broken promises that double in pain every second.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

Some comments about her turn my stomach too, and for my part, I try to avoid piling on when the vicious stuff flies. Same is true with the Ben Lesnick weight jokes.

You know what else turns my stomach though? Well, the brazen lying to start. She has lied about so many things both trivial and consequential that it boggles the mind. If you need a list of some, with links, they can be provided.

And how about the business model? Do you find it troubling in the least that she and Chris knowingly have taken money from people who really can't afford it and offered them spacepixels in exchange along with promises they haven't kept and likely will not be able to keep? Is that remotely problematic to you?

How does it strike you when Sandi justifies taking thousands of dollars from people who she knows can't all afford it because "I could spend $3000 a night on table service in Vegas?" It's only money right? They have to spend it on something!

All of the claims above are facts-- not based on gossip or hearsay but on things we have actually heard her say on podcasts, RtV and elsewhere.

The business model of CIG-- the joint brainchild of Chris and Sandi-- is immoral. Period. And people have been hurt and will continue to be hurt because nobody in leadership at CIG has any shame about parting fools from their money with dishonest propaganda videos and promises that will keep being broken until CIG runs out of suckers to fleece.

TL:DR
I'm not trying to discount whatever good memories you have from your personal interactions with her, and I agree completely if you are offended by the vulgar abuse that sometimes takes place in thread. But if you think Sandi should be off limits for critique for the aforementioned actions then I truly am amazed. The above are not fabricated and if it would help you too see them all edited into a timeline like Chris' Star Marine lies or a video with the source material all strung together I'm sure we could accommodate.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Look how long it took them to acknowledge D.S. because that's what Smart wanted them to do, as it creates the false illusion that they are actually peers.
True, DSizzle is a game developer and not a film industry washout.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Yeah, that was weird. Why did it not post the word "wanted"?

[edit] Oh wait, it just took a second longer to load, because it was in italics I guess.

What's your question? Do you need me to rephrase?

my question is who are these people - who is 'them' specifically and how long did it take them to acknowledge DS specifically?

e: and aknowlege him for what?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BeefThief posted:

In the 4th CIGpire, you will be shocked by broken promises that double in pain every second.

i actually think the hilarious primary-school-future-serial-killer weird english phrasing of the fourth stimpire is maybe my favourite thing to come out of this whole debacle.

it just has so much joi de vivre for the most existential bleak fiction ever

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BeefThief posted:

The only thing you can do about trolls is ignore them.

*goes on closeup rant about how little trolling bothers him*

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

alf_pogs posted:

i actually think the hilarious primary-school-future-serial-killer weird english phrasing of the fourth stimpire is maybe my favourite thing to come out of this whole debacle.

it just has so much joi de vivre for the most existential bleak fiction ever

it was conceived with significantly more enthusiasm than anything else to do with Star Citizen, that's for sure

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

Some comments about her turn my stomach too, and for my part, I try to avoid piling on when the vicious stuff flies. Same is true with the Ben Lesnick weight jokes.

You know what else turns my stomach though? Well, the brazen lying to start. She has lied about so many things both trivial and consequential that it boggles the mind. If you need a list of some, with links, they can be provided.

And how about the business model? Do you find it troubling in the least that she and Chris knowingly have taken money from people who really can't afford it and offered them spacepixels in exchange along with promises they haven't kept and likely will not be able to keep? Is that remotely problematic to you?

How does it strike you when Sandi justifies taking thousands of dollars from people who she knows can't all afford it because "I could spend $3000 a night on table service in Vegas?" It's only money right? They have to spend it on something!

All of the claims above are facts-- not based on gossip or hearsay but on things we have actually heard her say on podcasts, RtV and elsewhere.

The business model of CIG-- the joint brainchild of Chris and Sandi-- is immoral. Period. And people have been hurt and will continue to be hurt because nobody in leadership at CIG has any shame about parting fools from their money with dishonest propaganda videos and promises that will keep being broken until CIG runs out of suckers to fleece.

TL:DR
I'm not trying to discount whatever good memories you have from your personal interactions with her, and I agree completely if you are offended by the vulgar abuse that sometimes takes place in thread. But if you think Sandi should be off limits for critique for the aforementioned actions then I truly am amazed. The above are not fabricated and if it would help you too see them all edited into a timeline like Chris' Star Marine lies or a video with the source material all strung together I'm sure we could accommodate.

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making them buy spaceships. Hell, you want to try an actually expensive hobby? Play hockey. Or go skiing.

I have no issue with crowd funding, as I have relied on it myself to complete my own artistic endeavor.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao have you really not experienced someone being nice to you and not to others in a work environment? things are different when you work around someone every day

if you think beer fabricated those emails, you might be a citizen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the guy in the background really has a babyface Saul Tigh thing going on

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

my question is who are these people - who is 'them' specifically and how long did it take them to acknowledge DS specifically?

e: and aknowlege him for what?

CR and CIG ignored DS until the Escapist article

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
paging boocha, a literal investor with direct personal ties to sandi and chris who withdrew his money and cut ties with the company due specifically to the mistreatment of staff to come and shut this retard up

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

you're dumb as gently caress if you have limited exposure to a person and think that because they're nice to you, they're nice to everyone else

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fuzzy Modem posted:

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making them buy spaceships. Hell, you want to try an actually expensive hobby? Play hockey. Or go skiing.

I have no issue with crowd funding, as I have relied on it myself to complete my own artistic endeavor.

Seriously? What about the rest of the post you quoted.

EDIT: Abusing Fuzzy Modem is exactly the way to reinforce what people say about this thread. We're not going to change any minds by being assholes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Please stop asking Sandi why she's such an insufferable [expletive deleted] and only ask about working with Gillian Anderson. But do not ask who was better.

Because we already know the answer?

(I swear, my catte could outact Sandi, and he's got no college or sales experience. He's not even very good at mousing...)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen is bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TTerrible posted:

EDIT: Abusing Fuzzy Modem is exactly the way to reinforce what people say about this thread. We're not going to change any minds by being assholes.

that calling people liars and fabricators because of limited interpersonal contact with a person and 0 evidence to the contrary gets you called out? i think that's exactly the message we should be reinforcing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

TTerrible posted:

calling someone out for saying something dumb is hardly abuse

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Again, if Beer (or anyone else) was an employee, he can name his Shotgun page, and I can go look at the quality of his work, and what Sandi, and everyone else, had to say about it.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

EminusSleepus posted:

remember when your uncle jimmy told you not to turn on the lights inside the car because it is not safe?

also cockpit reminds me of

This is how I always pictured the kilrathi ships that were posted earlier in this thread working. The ones with the prone pilot seating and :a2m: rear pilot.

D_Smart posted:

Because the minute my name appears anywhere in any lawsuit that doesn't involve me directly, I'm going in.

Goon speed, you crazy bastard.

Marching Powder posted:

hahaha gently caress you

gently caress Off Goonie (tm)

spacetoaster posted:

I know we're all super edgy internet trolls here, but in the dark recess of my cold black heart I would LOVE for this game to come out and be everything promised.

Beer, I believe, brought up a point the other day. Why haven't they teased some Squadron 42 gameplay? It's coming out this year. Shouldn't all the core stuff (fps, ship systems, flight, etc) be at a point they can show it to us?

Yea the game Chris Roberts talks about sounds like it would be pretty fun if he speeds up the forced animation and the UI is moddable and 16 players per instanced zone is enough. That's a lot a ifs and there's still a long way to go based on what we've seen.
Personally I never pre-order games unless I want release day shipping and the last game I pre-ordered was Last Of Us, and I think before that Uncharted 3. i just realized I have a lot more faith in naughty dog than I do in crowd funded anything

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Google Butt posted:

calling someone out for saying something dumb is hardly abuse

Marching Powder posted:

that calling people liars and fabricators because of limited interpersonal contact with a person and 0 evidence to the contrary gets you called out? i think that's exactly the message we should be reinforcing.

Ehhhh I guess so - it's just I think sometimes when a true believer shows up it is good to at least try to talk to them normally first before dogpiling them. :shrug:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Again, if Beer (or anyone else) was an employee, he can name his Shotgun page, and I can go look at the quality of his work, and what Sandi, and everyone else, had to say about it.

Do you think that beer fabricated those e-mails?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Modem posted:

We still chat occasionally, as she recently mentioned on AtV.

She's not just nice, she goes out of her way to be helpful. Maybe we just get along especially well, but Sean, Chris R and Sandi all made me feel welcome on Shotgun.

I can't speak to anyone else's experiences (except to suspect that they are fabricated.)

You have no idea how much I wish some of this stuff isn't true.

Spiteful belittling and vicious demeaning of media and CS staff in office. Abusive verbal behavior towards lower development team members. Petty grudges and scare tactics towards senior staff.

I don't care about the money questions, or the production questions. I leave those to Derek and other goons to question and probe.

I care about the treatment of employees. And what I've heard from past and present employees is disgusting, and has no place in this industry.

Yes, Sandi is the primary culprit in these grievances, but they also all make the point to say "Chris could have stopped this". By all accounts, CR has allowed Sandi to run roughshod over the whole organization with no accountability for her actions.

EDIT: I do not do my investigations to "find someone to pin to the wall" for shits'n'giggles. I do my investigations so I can find out what went wrong and why, and to determine responsibility for such actions.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 3, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

it's cool to be skeptical but you realise you're being skeptical about the people who aren't fleecing others for money, right?

edit: also i don't think beer was or ever claimed to be an employee. he was just a backer with a client support request i think

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It looks like Team Sandi may be doubling in size here, do not ruin this for me guys

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

If I go skiing, I usually know what I'm getting in advance.

If I saw a brochure for an exciting new lodge in Buttrock Mississippi -- and it showed huge snowy peaks with giant heated gondolas and I got there and saw a small little hill with an artificial snow machine spewing ice flakes on it and some stairs to climb atop it, I'd say I was played the fool by some liars, though honestly I shouldn't be guessed in advance there was something fishy. Buttrock Mississippi is as unlikely to produce a great ski resort as Chris Roberts is a brilliant video game at this point.

The GAME they are selling WILL NOT BE MADE BY THEM.

VR support?
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

"The best combat experience on the simulated battlefield"
BULL poo poo.

Huge Ship to Ship space battles with dozens of soldiers boarding other ships and storming through to seize cargo?
NEVER.

Watch this video. Do you know what this is? False advertising. Even the FPS footage in it is from a game they wasted millions to develop and then THREW AWAY to start over anew.

If you have similar ambitions and thus no problems with this manner of doing business then I feel bloody sorry for you, mate.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 3, 2016

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

TTerrible posted:

Instead we should downvote his post until it becomes invisible, the proper way to handle disagreements

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TTerrible posted:

Ehhhh I guess so - it's just I think sometimes when a true believer shows up it is good to at least try to talk to them normally first before dogpiling them. :shrug:

believe it or not me calling you a retard the instant you behave like a retard is me talking normally

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Beer is just a guy who wanted a refund and got Sandi responding to him directly which led to Sandi going on a weird rant.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Guys you're getting really close to a rule 3 violation here.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

alf_pogs posted:

Agreed. I was the Lethality for a different scam. Remember the Horizons MMO 12 years ago? I drank that Kool-Aid like it was my mother's milk. Watching other people get hoodwinked in the same way is intolerable, unless they are intolerable for other reasons in which case haha gently caress them.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Samizdata posted:

Because we already know the answer?

(I swear, my catte could outact Sandi, and he's got no college or sales experience. He's not even very good at mousing...)

It's possible that your cat IS Sandi.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

The GAME they are selling WILL NOT BE MADE BY THEM.

VR support?
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

"The best combat experience on the simulated battlefield"
BULL poo poo.

Huge Ship to Ship space battles with dozens of soldiers boarding other ships and storming through to seize cargo?
NEVER.

Watch this video. Do you know what this is? False advertising. Even the FPS footage in it is from a game they wasted millions to develop and then THREW AWAY to start over anew.

If you have similar ambitions and thus no problems with this manner of doing business then I feel bloody sorry for you, mate.

I've scrapped portions of my project and started again from scratch quite often, and the results are always better for the time and effort. That isn't to say the original plan I presented to backers was a lie, it simply didn't work out as I'd hoped. That's just reality.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haskell9 posted:

Agreed. I was the Lethality for a different scam. Remember the Horizons MMO 12 years ago? I drank that Kool-Aid like it was my mother's milk. Watching other people get hoodwinked in the same way is intolerable, unless they are intolerable for other reasons in which case haha gently caress them.

wow i thought i was one of the only 5 people that played horizons, looks like the number's up to 6

i played it in the beta with my big bro and had fun at the time, being a baby dragon was pretty sweet. they changed a lot of stuff on release tho and it wasnt really the same game. the controls were godawful. luckily i didnt spend any money on it (i remember it being free? maybe it was just the beta, this was before cash-shop stuff blew up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Fuzzy Modem posted:

CR and CIG ignored DS until the Escapist article

What? No, the escapist article was in october, Derek already had his pledge pulled - and was denounced on their forums for it - in July.

• Locked thread