Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Ugh read the setup!

For one thing, the Unstoppable SK kill can't be prevented with Doctor protection.

zzz I forgot he was unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Metos posted:

No I think I got what he meant, which is the Doc saving a person could've saved the SK instead, which is something I didn't consider.

that is in line with what I meant, though Lumpen does have a point about the SK

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I hope Asiina didn't really replace out. My faux spoiler was really a relatively gentle trolling, I thought.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you should pm her a formal apology, it was a pretty strong reaction from her

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is amazing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

you should pm her a formal apology, it was a pretty strong reaction from her
But I'm not sorry...
I just hope she doesn't ragequit over a TV show joke.

Maybe it was a strong reaction from her, or maybe Scum posturing. Her response seemed pretty over-the-top to me. If she doesn't actually quit but just uses this as an excuse to lurk more, that'd be Scummy. If she does actually replace out then I dunno... it is just a TV show get a grip?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
From 4 pages ago while I was asleep:

Kashuno posted:

While I can excuse jake for the vote, I'm uncomfortable with both his and Foo's posting today so far.
Agreed that just the vote before the hammer on merit of itself is fine, but my vote for him was based on both the vote AND his D1 posts which were over half garbage, or about TV/football/Hockey whatever, or the Asiina JakeP day3 brawl that's apparently a thing.

D2 he started off posting poo poo again but appears to have gotten it together and I'm feeling better-ish, but still comfy to keep my vote there for the moment.

Trasson had a scum read before on D1 and it hasn't really improved much from his posting today either, however if we're calling JakeP's vote to ensure a lynch also fine then its possible he just wasn't refreshing and got it in late to get the lynch as he's saying
Friction I'm worried about because a versatile backup claim is either a scum move because you won't be asked to back it up with any evidence, or a poor town play as I mentioned above about getting people with powers higher on the kill list and losing their information. I'd be happiest with him gone out of the lot currently, but may not be worth the lynch now if he is town and just new, possibly a good serial killer target though in case he is a scum?

Lumpen is... loving all over the place. I had him as a town in D1 with all his helpfulness and his graphs and poo poo, but he's been kind of an antagonistic poo poo today, the fake spoiler was way out of line (though as someone who doesn't watch the show, hilarious), but it seems he's out to stir up poo poo even more than anyone else so far, and there's been a good amount of poo poo stirring already.

Still don't get the hate for KB, his first posts were early dumb poo poo but I agree with everything he's said today and I still had a strong town vibe on him for D1, so I won't be voting for him today.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

From 4 pages ago while I was asleep:

Agreed that just the vote before the hammer on merit of itself is fine, but my vote for him was based on both the vote AND his D1 posts which were over half garbage, or about TV/football/Hockey whatever, or the Asiina JakeP day3 brawl that's apparently a thing.

D2 he started off posting poo poo again but appears to have gotten it together and I'm feeling better-ish, but still comfy to keep my vote there for the moment.

Trasson had a scum read before on D1 and it hasn't really improved much from his posting today either, however if we're calling JakeP's vote to ensure a lynch also fine then its possible he just wasn't refreshing and got it in late to get the lynch as he's saying
Friction I'm worried about because a versatile backup claim is either a scum move because you won't be asked to back it up with any evidence, or a poor town play as I mentioned above about getting people with powers higher on the kill list and losing their information. I'd be happiest with him gone out of the lot currently, but may not be worth the lynch now if he is town and just new, possibly a good serial killer target though in case he is a scum?

Lumpen is... loving all over the place. I had him as a town in D1 with all his helpfulness and his graphs and poo poo, but he's been kind of an antagonistic poo poo today, the fake spoiler was way out of line (though as someone who doesn't watch the show, hilarious), but it seems he's out to stir up poo poo even more than anyone else so far, and there's been a good amount of poo poo stirring already.

Still don't get the hate for KB, his first posts were early dumb poo poo but I agree with everything he's said today and I still had a strong town vibe on him for D1, so I won't be voting for him today.

you say a lot of things but not how they affect your opinions on alignment or even why, its like you are just listing off mafia faux pas' they committed. Your vote on me at the beginning of the day supports my thinking here. You are scum looking for excuses to vote people. Like what is point of you calling Lumpen antagonistic? Who cares? Is he town or is he scum? thats all that matters.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hello I have replaced in.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Puntification posted:

Hello I have replaced in.
Looking forward to your fresh-eye reads.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

Looking forward to your fresh-eye reads.

Well I'm three pages in and asiina's defo scum...

Who am I meant to be replacing btw?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote punt what a slip

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Puntification replaces Asiina!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Well Lumpen, I promised you a write up later tonight and here it is. I'll preface by saying I went into this day expecting to be dogpiled, and that didn't happen so its time to give the posting a bit more thought.

I mostly thought you were scum because I read your HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post as "Oh god guys we still have time to unvote on the cop." Combined with the lack of unvote on your own part seemed really fishy, but you clarified your intent. Here are my top picks.

King Burgundy - Lumpen already pointed out this super weird post:

quote:

Pretty sure that was hammer. Good job killing the (admittedly last hour)uncountered cop.

No town would have enough information to know this for a fact, and Gulag's last minute claim doesn't come off as anything but a last ditch attempt to live. If he had spent any time at all defending himself it might have been different, but five minutes before deadline is not enough time for the "real" cop to counterclaim anyway. Also KB's only real response to Gulag's cop claim was !!!!! which is extremely ambiguous and easy to just pass over. It comes across as just a half-assed post so he can point back and say HA you idiots later on (which he did). A scum, of course, would know that Gulag was probably telling the truth and could make this gamble safely.

D1 all KB did was either post vague and undefined accusations against people, or put in some small effort to defend his own skin. In fact, almos tall of his posts were just hiding behind "my gut last game" and "changing my own meta" which are both bullshit in my opinion. Combine with voting for Lumpen today which I am about 90% is town and well what even the gently caress.

Asiina (Puntification?) - Almost all her day 1 posts are short and offer little, until her argument with KB. That particular back and forth was interesting but I find the sudden topic change to that dumb tv show strange. It certainly cut that discussion short. Also introduces more shitposting on day 2, this time after an argument about Trasson softclaiming. I also think that the whole lets wait until D3 thing (which Asiina insisted on but JakeP did not) was some kind of cover to avoid discussions when she needed to.

imgay - I still don't how someone who has offered so little in terms of analysis is so very far under the radar but if its some kind of accepted posting gimmick then whatever. I would still vote for him. I could give examples here but just go read his (or her, lets try to use the right pronouns) post history in this thread.

Honorable Mentions:

Trasson - Everyone seems to be on his case but as another newbie town whose words have been seen as scummy, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Kashuno - He's only alive in one game guys this is our golden opportunity here

To put my money where my mouth is though, ##vote King Burgundy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Trasson (2): Lumpen, Captain Foo
Lumpen (2): King Burgundy, Trasson
JakeP (1): Metos
King Burgundy (1): JakeP, JakeP, Friction.123
Friction.123 (1): Kashuno
Metos (1): JakeP
Puntification (1): imgay
Flying Leatherman (0): JakeP, JakeP
Tommunist (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (5): 100YrsofAttitude, Flying Leatherman, Puntification, TheCog, Tommunist :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 54 minutes.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I'm heading back to civilisation and ill be posting from tonight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Lexa dies, apparently in the newest episode of Season 3.

I have never seen that show and I don't care about it at all, so I just went looking for the biggest spoiler I could find because you deserve it. Quit padding your postcount and contribute to this game. Asiina all you've done today is say someone is Town and yammer about an unrelated TV show.

i don't even watch the show but gently caress you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok i got to the update but it's still a lovely thing to do

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ease forget about the 100 and focus on mafia

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Nothing I did can be considered building a case and that is the second time you've implied as such.

i went back and examined this interaction like i said i would, and kb is telling the truth. he didn't really make a case as say he thought it was a bad vote, and 100yrs claims that kb was making a case with it. having re-read it, kb never attempted to make much of a case on it. this was right towards the end of D1 though, and it feels to me like 100yrs didn't actually re-read and was going on memory. especially in light of my current read of 100yrs, i don't think this is a particularly scummy argument either way.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Friction.123 posted:

King Burgundy - Lumpen already pointed out this super weird post:

No town would have enough information to know this for a fact, and Gulag's last minute claim doesn't come off as anything but a last ditch attempt to live. If he had spent any time at all defending himself it might have been different, but five minutes before deadline is not enough time for the "real" cop to counterclaim anyway. Also KB's only real response to Gulag's cop claim was !!!!! which is extremely ambiguous and easy to just pass over. It comes across as just a half-assed post so he can point back and say HA you idiots later on (which he did). A scum, of course, would know that Gulag was probably telling the truth and could make this gamble safely.

what

are you misunderstanding the mechanics of votefinder here, because objectively kb was right, we lynched an uncounterclaimed cop at that point - that's what gulag's post meant

also- almost every mod i know will go with a hard read of how posts appear in the thread and many don't even use votefinder's autohammer - i know i don't.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Puntification posted:

Well I'm three pages in and asiina's defo scum...

Who am I meant to be replacing btw?

this is a joke, right

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
How exactly does votefinder have anything to do with knowing Gulag was actually a cop instead of just bluffing in the hopes of avoiding a lynch?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:psyduck:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
How about you explain it to me instead of calling me (and others) stupid?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty sure that was hammer. Good job killing the (admittedly last hour)uncountered cop.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

how does kb have to know anything about the true alignment of gulag to make this post

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Thank you for your informative post, I now understand perfectly.

You obviously didn't actually read my post so I'm going to equally ignore yours and sit here wondering what motivation you have to look for the smallest mistake you could find.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I assume going by that gulag post

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Friction.123 posted:

No town would have enough information to know this for a fact, and Gulag's last minute claim doesn't come off as anything but a last ditch attempt to live.

Every person in this thread knew for a fact that we had cuddled an uncountered cop. Maybe you misread?

I disagree on the second part. I may be in the minority, but even if I thought he was lying, which I didn't, I still wouldn't have voted him. I don't understand why people are so willing to throw away our tools like that. This is an open setup, so it wasn't even a question of is that role in this game. It exists. It's in the game. I don't know why anyone wanted to deliberately risk it. I find those that do/did, scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Friction.123 posted:

How exactly does votefinder have anything to do with knowing Gulag was actually a cop instead of just bluffing in the hopes of avoiding a lynch?

Nothing about my post implies knowledge of his actual role.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

King Burgundy posted:

Nothing about my post implies knowledge of his actual role.
Agreed, seems pretty clear to me.

It would have been a very different story if Gulag had claimed earlier, then we'd have seen if anyone counterclaimed and maybe had a scum lynch that night instead, but given how close it was to the end that lynch was never going to be stopped by a roleclaim on the final straight. In fact if he was actually a scum the real doctor still should've kept quiet as it was perfectly safe and wouldn't let the scum know who the real doc is, which then leaves us again at the uncountered claim point.

Argument doesn't hold up for KB, town.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i

cool, anything else to contribute?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Friction.123 posted:

Thank you for your informative post, I now understand perfectly.

You obviously didn't actually read my post so I'm going to equally ignore yours and sit here wondering what motivation you have to look for the smallest mistake you could find.

:q:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

you say a lot of things but not how they affect your opinions on alignment or even why, its like you are just listing off mafia faux pas' they committed. Your vote on me at the beginning of the day supports my thinking here. You are scum looking for excuses to vote people. Like what is point of you calling Lumpen antagonistic? Who cares? Is he town or is he scum? thats all that matters.
Cool beans, adding more obvious calls of town or scum for you then buddy.

Trasson, scum
Friction, scum or bad for us
JakeP, scum

Kashuno, upright standing dude
King Burgundy, town
Lumpen, leaning town but not sure.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

cool, anything else to contribute?
I'm still feeling confident that Trasson and King Burgundy are Scum.
Flying Leatherman has not posted in D2, and I'm still feeling confident he's also Scum.

I was feeling also somewhat suspicious of Asiina but since she actually went through with replacing out I don't know now. I don't know her meta enough to judge whether she replaces out as Scum.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I don't think her replacing out was due to mafia role lumpen

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

Cool beans, adding more obvious calls of town or scum for you then buddy.

Trasson, scum
Friction, scum or bad for us
JakeP, scum

Kashuno, upright standing dude
King Burgundy, town
Lumpen, leaning town but not sure.

explain why you think those 3 are scum. Dont just say they did bad thing, say how what they did is from a scum mindset and what they were trying to accomplish to further their scum agenda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

explain why you think those 3 are scum. Dont just say they did bad thing, say how what they did is from a scum mindset and what they were trying to accomplish to further their scum agenda
Short version because my partner is going to be here any minute:

Trasson's Billy chat that got brought up seems very much like he's laughing about it being his own role and bringing it out into the spotlight while under complete cover of 'oh they're all public now'. If he's believed to have only seen it recently and is thus not scum its a pretty drat good cover, keeping him out of suspicion while being a murderous scumbag. His scumminess ties into friction's too, see next point

Friction's versatile backup claim is just plain bad for us, either its true and he's useless and won't even soak up bullets for us as the town now, or its a great cover for being scum as there's no way for us to press for more information. Similarly he's gunning for KB who in my mind is totally clean so looks to me like he's trying to shift blame off of other scum (Trasson, who only Friction says is clean and just new) by pushing it onto someone else. Scummy as hell.

You (JakeP for anyone reading this later) post a whole bunch of poo poo that doesn't help and then disappear. Your day1 posts as said above are mostly noise and disappearing for large chunks, coming back with just a vote and no reasoning behind it. After being confronted you start posting more and being more helpful, and at the same time just throwing out 'vote Metos, he's scum' with no reasoning or backup, like y'know, all the stuff you've asked for that I've been typing and you haven't. If you had more cause to actually convince other town I was scum you'd have done it, and if you were a real town you'd weigh in on the other conversations not just your posts of "I'd vote Trasson", so your aim with your crap posts and just asking questions without posting any information to back up arguments is trying to kill townies while not writing down anything yourself that can be contradicted or shown to be in league with a scum later if the other scum is busted. Scum.

• Locked thread