Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Skoll posted:

To be fair, I would love to get into building model boats, but some poo poo, like the USS Constitution, cost more than your .jpegs.

Same here. I love the Age of Sail and have always thought about getting into the really complicated ones. My dad had an old model of a sailing ship that I always loved to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know what? gently caress you. I'm so sick of spineless assholes like you making statements putting my credibility into question and then backing off the second you're confronted about it. You don't give a poo poo about the truth. You don't give a poo poo that your "friend" actually did write everything I shared. Well guess what; she loving did. Every communication I linked is one between myself and Cloud Imperium Games. You, like so many other backers, have invested so much time and energy into Star Citizen that the possibility that it all might come crashing down is a terrifying prospect. Imagine for a second that it really is all a lie. Imagine that Star Citizen really is a disaster that will never be released in the manner that they are dreaming of. Imagine that Chris Roberts really is either outright lying to you or that he is pathologically incapable of perceiving the possibility that things are hosed because of his management approach. Imagine that all of your effort, time, money, energy, everything you've done is a complete and utter waste. Can you?

I get it. I was there. I was obsessed with Star Citizen, pouring over every detail, obsessively watching every lovely show and gleaning every hint of game information. I truly, genuinely, authentically believed in the dream that was Star Citizen. I desperately wanted it to be a reality so that I could play it with all of my friends. Imagine all the poo poo you're getting on these forums, all the poo poo Ben and everyone else got, and increase it with an order of magnitude. That was my loving life on these forums defending this abortion of a game. I got poo poo on by this community for supporting SC, I got poo poo on by RSI for actually speaking my mind, and I got poo poo on repeatedly by Lesnick himself every time I expressed a concern. And in spite of all of that it took me getting loving banned to finally realize just how hosed things are. It was only after I got pulled out of the RSI forums and was forced to see things on the outside that I got a perspective other than the SC reality distortion field. I should send whoever demanded I be removed a thank you card.

Sounds like somebody doesn't understand Game Development.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

Because Chris Roberts invented a ship with a giant sword on one side. Why shouldn't there be a ship with a giant shield on one side? It's a video game.

Oh, so Star Citizen is an anime?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Same here. I love the Age of Sail and have always thought about getting into the really complicated ones. My dad had an old model of a sailing ship that I always loved to look at.

Sell your .jpeg account and buy one, my goon sir.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

hey if you like complicated ships that you can only look at, then i've got a game for you

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

no

anime exists

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

Gentlegoons, never mind this poor attempt at puppet mastering by the guy who was on Team Anime. XCOM 2 comes out in 2 days.

I want to get it, but I also want to wait for the inevitable "game of the year" edition that has the DLC included.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Skoll posted:

Sell your .jpeg account and buy one, my goon sir.

Is there a thread anywhere around here?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

no because while anime might be a lot of things, it's not painfully boring and generic

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

I actually really loved the design of this ship, AND the story behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_oSsy9Et-g&t=985s

Whoa, I know that after every minute I am 40 more posts behind but, is that a spaceship with a shield that is designed to stand toe-to-toe with the :ese: spaceship? Ahahahaha

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Fuzzy Modem posted:

$750 of not my money.

I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you're doing to justify how you winning, or being donated, $750 doesn't make it your money, but you should get some help with that.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So you have $750 in this game. That is not “no skin”. Thus: liar.
You make a huge stink about how someone appears to have falsified an email exchange, but when offered to see the evidence, you instantly back out and say you don't care. Thus: liar.

G0RF posted:

Well, at least that does make sense of his affinity for Sandi...

I suppose. On the other hand, the standard nature of manipulators would make sense of that.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Skoll posted:

To be fair, I would love to get into building model boats, but some poo poo, like the USS Constitution, cost more than your .jpegs.

I was into remote control sailboats for a spell. I'm not a huge fan of rod and reel fishing so it was a fun thing to bring along on mellow family camping trips while the nephews ran around the lake.

It is not an exciting sport. Also, yeah, the real deal model sailboats can cost more than a seashell or similar eff around on the water for real sailboat.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there a thread anywhere around here?

I am sure Fuzzy Modem wouldn't mind purchasing it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress this thread

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

hey if you like complicated ships that you can only look at, then i've got a game for you

alf_pogs posted:

no

anime exists

How are people still saying it doesn't exist? I play it all the time. If Star Citizen as it stands now is all it would ever be, I would still play it all the time. Forever. (But then I still play Dig Dug.)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

$750 of not my money.

common theme

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Modem posted:

How are people still saying it doesn't exist? I play it all the time. If Star Citizen as it stands now is all it would ever be, I would still play it all the time. Forever. (But then I still play Dig Dug.)

Because people have higher standards than you do for what counts as tangible gameplay.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

serves cant even handle 16 people right now but this ship will totally work

also boarding

They were idiots to make the internal ship and the space part use the same network, that'll never work in a million years. Their segmenting idea wasn't bad but if they can't pull it off (they can't) it's all doomed even before everything else.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

There once was a boy who was bored as he sat at his computer watching his secret star citizen facebook feed. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Star Citizen! Star Citizen! Star Citizen is here and doing great!"

The redditors came logging into the verse to help the boy crew his ship and play the game. But when they arrived at the launcher, they found no game. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

"Don't cry 'game', boy," said the redditors, "when there's no game!" They went grumbling back to /r/dereksmart.

Later, the boy sang out again, "Star Citizen! Star Citizen! Star Citizen is here and doing great!" To his naughty delight, he watched the redditors patching their launchers to help him play the game.

When the redditors saw no game they sternly said, "Save your praising song for when there is really something to play! Don't cry 'game' when there is NO game!"

But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling back to /r/dereksmart once more.

Later, he died of old age, never having played Star Citizen because it never was a game.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Fuzzy Modem posted:

You are one weird motherfucker and this thread had the pedo seraph and dorkpriest.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Fuzzy Modem posted:

How are people still saying it doesn't exist?

Because it hasn't even left the tech demo stage yet.

quote:

If Star Citizen as it stands now is all it would ever be, I would still play it all the time. Forever.

Why wouldn't you instead play a fully developed and actually released game with starships in it?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Rudager posted:

I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you're doing to justify how you winning, or being donated, $750 doesn't make it your money, but you should get some help with that.

Um, it's not like there's an infinite amount of these ships...some are limited by what CIG is able to produce and thus the price is very high. You will also be able to earn any ship currently being sold in-game, so the $750 that somebody spent is eventually going to turn into more money.

Do you understand Game Development? Why don't you gently caress off back to your lovely forums and suck your Uncle Derek's dick?

Oh god, I've been trolling Reddit for too long...too long have I gazed into the Abyss...WHY GOD?!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Fuzzy Modem posted:

hey how about a little sympathy for all the caterpillar owners out there?

or is it empathy? empathy

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

So you have $750 in this game. That is not “no skin”. Thus: liar.
You make a huge stink about how someone appears to have falsified an email exchange, but when offered to see the evidence, you instantly back out and say you don't care. Thus: liar.

I suppose. On the other hand, the standard nature of manipulators would make sense of that.

It's not as if I could have spent the money on anything other than spaceships. Duh. Not the same thing as spending my paycheck. I imagine I would though. I mean, I spent $100 on a mouse with Star Citizen in mind, so I guess I do have some skin in the game. I am a liar. My mistake.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuzzy Modem, why do you feel it's ok to harass people like Nation?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I am a mistake.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Ash1138 posted:

hey how about a little sympathy for all the caterpillar owners out there?

or is it empathy? empathy

CR forgot people ever gave him money for that ship. He was too busy doing coke.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

It's not as if I could have spent the money on anything other than spaceships. Duh. Not the same thing as spending my paycheck. I imagine I would though. I mean, I spent $100 on a mouse with Star Citizen in mind, so I guess I do have some skin in the game. I am a liar. My mistake.

You also did approach the subject of the emails like INN did, which was basically "Lie? Who knows."

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like the world would be richer with another game along the vein of Sid Meyer's Pirates. But everyone that has tried has gone off in the wrong direction or tried for something well beyond their means.

Pretty funny that one of the best modern age of sail games was an Assassin's Creed title.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

BeefThief posted:

Oh god, I've been trolling Reddit for too long...too long have I gazed into the Abyss...WHY GOD?!

You touched the poop. Now you have to live with the parasites in your brain. You did this to yourself. :colbert:

Fuzzy Modem posted:

It's not as if I could have spent the money on anything other than spaceships.

Why not? Or, more importantly, so what? You still have $750 in the game, contrary to your previous statements that you had no skin in the game.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

You should've just asked Sandi for a freebie from stock. It's got spaceships on it and it you ever need to roll up a dead body and hide it, it'll do the trick

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fuzzy Modem posted:

You "contributed" a lot of time losing their lovely spaceship competition

Granted your time is worthless since you'd just spend it clipping through your cutlass

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I feel like the world would be richer with another game along the vein of Sid Meyer's Pirates. But everyone that has tried has gone off in the wrong direction or tried for something well beyond their means.

Pretty funny that one of the best modern age of sail games was an Assassin's Creed title.

Naval Action is awesome and you should play it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
gently caress, someone buy Fuzzy Modem a copy of Elite: Dangerous or some other, other, but probably better space flight game. Hell, Kerbal Space Program might blow his mind.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also, I should have put Babylon 5: Into the Fire on that list, as I also still play it, and it was finished to about exactly the same point Star Citizen is at now.

Coincidentally, if you missed it, the tech demo for what would have been the official Babylon 5 flight simulator leaked last year. I have to run it in windowed mode, but it's rad.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

Naval Action

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

gently caress, someone buy Fuzzy Modem a copy of Elite: Dangerous or some other, other, but probably better space flight game. Hell, Kerbal Space Program might blow his mind.

I've played them both. The ED ships all look like Doritos. KSP is fine.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I miss Gryphon90210

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Dig Dug has more depth in it's design than Star Citizen does though.

Also why do you feel it's ok to harass people like Nation for simply asking you a question? That's pretty hosed up dude, he's just asking you since you have more insider info than anything CIG has shared with their backers.

• Locked thread