Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
1800 new posts. For the love of god slow down damnit. I can't keep up with all this :iia: an still actually sleep and be functional!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Looking for 50 people to crew my Idris pst.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I'm trying to think of a scenario where CCP allowed EVE players to permanently "own" a ship, so no matter what happens to it, you always have it - you get blown up, clone in a station and you have your ship waiting for you again, modules and all. I honestly can't think of a scenario that isn't a clusteruck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ledenko posted:

I'm trying to think of a scenario where CCP allowed EVE players to permanently "own" a ship, so no matter what happens to it, you always have it - you get blown up, clone in a station and you have your ship waiting for you again, modules and all. I honestly can't think of a scenario that isn't a clusteruck.

I think CIG insurance doesn't cover some stuff. Like you only get back your basic ship without weapons or something like that.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
im on page 1646. i was 500 posts behind last time i checked and now its been less than 12 hours and im 1900 pages behind. Im excited to see what happened!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Ledenko posted:

Ah but you see, unlike EVE, the 'universe will have instancing. So it doesn't matter if you died and magically got your ship back because that happened in instance #47 of Port Olisar, and you just woke up in instance #33.

You should educate yourself about game design.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Uh so re: chargeback scams... I got this right?

No one criticize my drawing skills operating on a thin budget here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hakimashou posted:

im on page 1646. i was 500 posts behind last time i checked and now its been less than 12 hours and im 1900 pages behind. Im excited to see what happened!

Sandi's left Chris for Derek, but Derek says he's happy with his wife. It's insane.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
LTI laundering is fucken complicated

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Chin posted:

You should educate yourself about game design.

I'm so sorry :( Is there a book or something I should read? I want to know what it's like to be c-ro :(

edit: I think c-ro is a very good name because it sounds close to zero

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Ledenko posted:

I'm so sorry :( Is there a book or something I should read? I want to know what it's like to be c-ro :(

edit: I think c-ro is a very good name because it sounds close to zero

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yeah, the elephant in the room being the point where CR gets a $1000 charge back then confiscates $1990 worth of goods from both players in retaliation.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

basically right...#9 is the issue here

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chin posted:

I gave my friend a grocery store gift card and did a chargeback on it after he'd purchased a bag of chips and then the grocers showed up at his house with bats looking for their $5.
yeah well you bought that gift card knowing it could be used to do the chips/chargeback thing. The only one blameless in this was the grocer imo

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Still on page 1674 so not sure if anyone seen this yet?
Credits from MDrake SC over at Derek Central

quote:

CIG customer support contacted him saying two of those packages were charged back by the other party post-transaction but he is liable. CIG claims he must pay them either by melting one of his current ships or adding funds to his account so they can recoup costs which are $450 or $475. Obviously in this situation there is a simple way to see who the other party is and he has all of the data (CIG as well) to back-up everything he has said. They have the transaction log that is kept and they can see the package that he melted and purchased and sent the new ship back to in addition to all of the other people. In addition they could view his Youtube channel and see that he was in fact doing this for people at this time. So to sum this up, one person buys a ship sends it to him, then does a charge back to their financial institution and he sends them a ship back which that criminal has now just obtained for free. Two to three years later CIG says, “Pay up for the other guy buddy.”

Holy poo poo

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Anyone seen this yet?

We even have concept art of the transaction posted in the reply literally 3 above yours.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EminusSleepus posted:

basically right...#9 is the issue here
yeah, ran out of space but both arrows should point to the question mark
still not a meme

pretty rad and edgy though, kudos

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Still on page 1674 so not sure if anyone seen this yet?
Credits from MDrake SC over at Derek Central

Holy poo poo

You can say "poo poo".

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I wanted to see what reddit had to say about this idiocy and gave up after a total of maybe 20 words. Go whales!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ledenko posted:

That may be a result of them designing their entire combat-industry-market circle of life around the core idea that stuff must be lost forever, in large quantities. I get the distinct impression that CRobber never really thought about the game economy in more complex terms than “buy stuff from market… somehow”.

It's the best explanation I've seen so far so… maybe?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ledenko posted:

I wanted to see what reddit had to say about this idiocy and gave up after a total of maybe 20 words. Go whales!

The worst thing about the reddit discussion on the topic is that multiple people have gone through the replies and downvoted the OP every single time he posted anything.

Reddit.txt right there.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Chalks posted:

The worst thing about the reddit discussion on the topic is that multiple people have gone through the replies and downvoted the OP every single time he posted anything.

Reddit.txt right there.

Kinda part for the course at this point. The really devout believers are going to go loving crazy trying to keep it all from coming tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Going back to the loving idiot with his "this is the best space sim I've ever played and would happily play this buggy turd for the rest of my life" viewpoint and his insistence that he's SEEN the work therefore he knows best...

... that Shotgun thing is almost definitely just the asset pipeline stuff, right? Concept art and 3d models being shown and commented on?

In other words, the stuff that even us rabid jackasses think CIG does pretty well?

Hey, Fuzzy Modem, little tip for you: Art is not code. 3D models are not gameplay mechanics. Upvoting is not properly implementing multiplayer code.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ledenko posted:

Lemme guess, the guy who should pay money to CIG for someone elses refund is to blame, and rightfully so?

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh that reminds me:

To all newbies, welcome to the SomethingAwful forums. Don't post in D&D (debate and discussion, not dungeons and dragons) or FYAD until you've cased the joint for at least a few months and know what you're getting into. Don't make "there's a front page??" jokes unless you're doing it as an excuse to give Lowtax another ten bucks or something.

Feel free to shitpost anywhere else if it interests you though. There's let's plays, CYOAs, pictures of pets, recipes, and also the usual forums chatter. Too many people only really hang around for like this one thread and miss out on basically everything else. May as well get some value out of those :10bux:.

Coming from 10 pages behind… but… then I'd have no time to follow this thread anymore :ohdear:

Also all of that Fuzzy Modem drama :perfect:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Hey, Fuzzy Modem, little tip for you: Art is not code. 3D models are not gameplay mechanics. Upvoting is not properly implementing multiplayer code.

I dunno man all the ships fly like they're attached to the camera in the Cryengine level editor so maybe it's closer than you think.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Lemme guess, the guy who should pay money to CIG for someone elses refund is to blame, and rightfully so?

Well obviously, he shouldn't have bought stuff if it wasn't directly from CIG.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Are you psychic? You should consider working for the NSA. There's also a dash of people pinging Ben and saying "I've called Ben, he'll clear it all up in a minute" and he never shows up. :laugh:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So far, they mostly seem to say that it's somewhere on the “suspect”-to-“complete BS” scale, and downvoting any posts where he offers evidence to support that it actually happened.

There are some “we all know the risks” thrown in for good measure, though.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Thirsty Dog posted:

Going back to the loving idiot with his "this is the best space sim I've ever played and would happily play this buggy turd for the rest of my life" viewpoint and his insistence that he's SEEN the work therefore he knows best...

... that Shotgun thing is almost definitely just the asset pipeline stuff, right? Concept art and 3d models being shown and commented on?

In other words, the stuff that even us rabid jackasses think CIG does pretty well?

Good artists do not make a good game without good direction.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MeLKoR posted:

Are you psychic? You should consider working for the NSA. There's also a dash of people pinging Ben and saying "I've called Ben, he'll clear it all up in a minute" and he never shows up. :laugh:

We're so very much getting near the point where CIG employees using Reddit just pull the parachute cords on that shithole and get the gently caress out of there. The increased criticism and horrible downvoting we've seen will eventually see them retreat to their ivory towers muttering "Can't let the trolls get to me!"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

You've even got Ben tweeting that he's looking into it then 10 hours later, still nothing. I guess it takes a really long time to phone the CS involved and say "what's up with this?".

I imagine the majority of that time is spent during the dialling process.

Someone should buy him a dialling wand.

What I'm saying is Ben's fat.

It's a joke.

He really is fat though.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

So far, they mostly seem to say that it's somewhere on the “suspect”-to-“complete BS” scale, and downvoting any posts where he offers evidence to support that it actually happened.

There are some “we all know the risks” thrown in for good measure, though.

Also people saying "why did you post the emails to youtube, if they were real why wouldn't you post them as jpgs". The same people that said the Beer mail jpgs were fake, like Samfreez. :fuckoff:

I've been saying for a long time, plenty of these motherfuckers are pure shills, they don't believe the crap they say. I don't know if they are all saddled with huge grey market accounts that they must get rid off before this thing collapses or what but :siren: many of them know they are lying :siren: .

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
One day, we'll stop being surprised at the selective reasoning reddit is so good at. Perhaps not today, but some day.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's like when someone bought me an av, and I bought him one back. Then he chargebacked lowtax, so he lost his av, and then lowtax demanded I pay another :10bux: for mine

I trust lowtax, so if it sounds stupid it's probably because I'm stupid.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

You've even got Ben tweeting that he's looking into it then 10 hours later, still nothing. I guess it takes a really long time to phone the CS involved and say "what's up with this?".

It's a joke.

He really is fat though.

That's just because someone mailed him about them never doing any stretch goals and he misread it as stretch marks

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
This is my favorite comment in the chargeback thread:

What the gently caress is the chain of thought that leads to this comment? "This guy is friends with someone who is having an argument with CIG, I better tag him as a scammer!"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLastRoboKy posted:

All these people who want to stand up for CIG's upper management and yet not a one of them actually has a backbone.

That's because they're too excited about already being featured in the game...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Chalks posted:

It's a joke.

He really is fat though.

Oh. Ohhhhh. Good, I didn't get that first. I thought he'd use voice dial.

Or are you saying his voice is fat too? Too fat for voice dial? Because that's kind of mean.

MeLKoR posted:

Also people saying "why did you post the emails to youtube, if they were real why wouldn't you post them as jpgs". The same people that said the Beer mail jpgs were fake, like Samfreez. :fuckoff:

There's obviously a hierarchy of fakeness here. It agrees with my opinion > official statement > quoted statement > jpeg > mpeg > any of the above, but from a goon > any of the above, but from Derek. Gifs of glitches is also in there, somewhere, towards the lower end of the scale because they're obviously all fake.

I suppose this means that everything shown on RTV or 10ftc or on the store or dev pages is fairly fake too, but as luck would have it, most of that is in line with their opinions so we can trust it all anyway. Everyone wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

CIG Pulling Account Funds from Backers to Pay for 2013 Scams

:gary:

The LTI laundering marketing gimmick (let's face it, it was a marketing gimmick), that brought in a lot of money to CIG rumbles on.

This sounds like a wonderful justification for a lawsuit.

• Locked thread