Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

Short version because my partner is going to be here any minute:

Trasson's Billy chat that got brought up seems very much like he's laughing about it being his own role and bringing it out into the spotlight while under complete cover of 'oh they're all public now'. If he's believed to have only seen it recently and is thus not scum its a pretty drat good cover, keeping him out of suspicion while being a murderous scumbag. His scumminess ties into friction's too, see next point

Friction's versatile backup claim is just plain bad for us, either its true and he's useless and won't even soak up bullets for us as the town now, or its a great cover for being scum as there's no way for us to press for more information. Similarly he's gunning for KB who in my mind is totally clean so looks to me like he's trying to shift blame off of other scum (Trasson, who only Friction says is clean and just new) by pushing it onto someone else. Scummy as hell.

You (JakeP for anyone reading this later) post a whole bunch of poo poo that doesn't help and then disappear. Your day1 posts as said above are mostly noise and disappearing for large chunks, coming back with just a vote and no reasoning behind it. After being confronted you start posting more and being more helpful, and at the same time just throwing out 'vote Metos, he's scum' with no reasoning or backup, like y'know, all the stuff you've asked for that I've been typing and you haven't. If you had more cause to actually convince other town I was scum you'd have done it, and if you were a real town you'd weigh in on the other conversations not just your posts of "I'd vote Trasson", so your aim with your crap posts and just asking questions without posting any information to back up arguments is trying to kill townies while not writing down anything yourself that can be contradicted or shown to be in league with a scum later if the other scum is busted. Scum.

So trasson is scum because his cover is potentially good (wow you are looking for some rando poo poo to support your faked scum read)

Friction is scum because he claimed VT (wow you are looking for some rando poo poo to support your faked scum read)

as for me, I wasn't confronted and forced to post more. I explained day one that I wasn't having any strong reads, in between my poo poo posts are genuine thoughts and I admit my day 1 participation wasn't up to what it usually is, it was just because I didn't really have any good reads and was a bit overwhelmed with the content.

I have been weighing in all day, and am actually by far the top poster in this game at this point. You are trying very hard to paint me in a negative light but most of what you say isn't true.

In any case you have no actual reason to think any of the people you listed are scum, and I really hope the players in the game read your post and see what I see in you. You are scum.

Question though, you are new to mafia here, are you one of the dudes who has experience elsewhere or are you a true newb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Thread heed my call, Metos is scum! He is the one you should be voting for today.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

JakeP posted:

In any case you have no actual reason to think any of the people you listed are scum, and I really hope the players in the game read your post and see what I see in you. You are scum.
And what is it that you see from my posts, mr still completely vague?

Top poster doesn't mean anything when they're all one line or just a question rather than a real response, quantity != quality

JakeP posted:

Question though, you are new to mafia here, are you one of the dudes who has experience elsewhere or are you a true newb?
I've never played mafia before, I've played in-person Werewolf maybe three times and I'm finding that that's very very different to this

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Metos posted:

And what is it that you see from my posts, mr still completely vague?

Top poster doesn't mean anything when they're all one line or just a question rather than a real response, quantity != quality

I've never played mafia before, I've played in-person Werewolf maybe three times and I'm finding that that's very very different to this

what i see from your posts is someone looking for a reason to vote for whoever ratehr than determining who is actually scum

like one of your reasons for saying a dude is scum is because he made a joke about flavor and you think that is a convenient cover for scum, its absurd

you aren't being genuine, you are just trying to blend

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure at the very least 100yrs also assumed he would flip cop, based on his posting.

My feelings on gulag were based on meta, he seems more focused as town, and my final comment about not wanting to vote a uncountered cop comes from the fact that I can remember a game recently where I did just that and lo and behold killed a cop. It was a lovely experience.

Trasson not having time to do anything but vote is reasonable enough, but why lurk all the way up to the deadline?

TheCog posted:

What happened to me being a serial killer? Why are you shifting targets? Did you change your mind?

This shouldn't be overlooked. Trasson's abruptly changing tack.

Friction.123 posted:

My vote is entirely explained by being five minutes before deadline with (at the time) no counter from Gulag other than YOU DUMMIES. When I did read his cop claim post, it struck me as a more of a way for a scum to try to last minute throw off votes and avoid a lynch. A no lynch night is preferable for scum than getting one of their own lynched, and its perfectly reasonable to expect the real cop wouldn't be around or just wouldn't out himself in that scenario. I guess I play mafia different.

I would not vote Trasson for the same above reason, but Lumpen's THE HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post implies he DID buy the claim but decided it wasn't worth unvoting for, which I find highly suspicious. I would vote Lumpen, and I am also curious to see what Leatherman has to say today as well after yesterday. I also still suspect imgay because of his insanely brief and contentless posts but apparently he is new as well so I'm less suspicious now. Those are my three picks.

You're not wrong about the no-execution thing but why were you so quiet for so long? You didn't really advocate a vote. It's important to fight for your vote and convince others why it's the one they should go along with. It's scummy to just let the clock run down when you were clearly around in what was becoming a hung vote.

Fwiw I feel imgay's stepped up his game since yesterday. I don't quite get what his points are but they're at least there and about the game at the very least.

Asiina posted:

That's gross Jake.

I'm dealing with some other games at the moment and will come back to this, but for people voting Trasson, please look back at this post I pointed out yesterday and tell me how you interpret it with Trasson being scum.

Here was my analysis of it:

I didn't get what he was talking about (I dunno a thing about BSG) and it read like a joke-post, I didn't read the information revealed by Podima because I figured I'd read it if it became a relevant issue. Honestly the only town thing about him is how he reminds me of my own posting style when I started playing. That you vouched for him helped since I felt pretty good about you D1, that's not really the case day 2.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

King Burgundy - =

D1 all KB did was either post vague and undefined accusations against people, or put in some small effort to defend his own skin. In fact, almos tall of his posts were just hiding behind "my gut last game" and "changing my own meta" which are both bullshit in my opinion.

This is the most damning thing on KB. He's been on the defensive most of the day aside from his Lumpen vote.

Jake I'll re-read Metos tonight given I have the time. I'm working all day so I won't be around (I don't work-post) but I should have 2-3 hours prior to deadline.

In lieu of that I'm ##vote Trasson. He's been scummy through and through and Asiina vouching for him doesn't really hold up for me anymore. He reads like he's been argued into a corner and a lot his defenses don't really make up for what he's already said.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Replace me out, things aren't working the way I'd like them to.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
GulagDolls replaces Tommunist!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Trasson (3): Lumpen, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude
Lumpen (2): King Burgundy, Trasson
JakeP (1): Metos
Friction.123 (1): Kashuno
Metos (1): JakeP
Puntification (1): imgay
King Burgundy (1): JakeP, JakeP, Friction.123
Flying Leatherman (0): JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (4): Flying Leatherman, GulagDolls, Puntification, TheCog :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 55 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votefinder's replacing functionality doesn't work if the player is already in the game, so I just swapped Tommunist and GulagDolls out and that seems to have worked ok. PM me if you see any issues.

Back to it!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i

i just got internet access and probably have more posts in this threat than u fucker.

i am the cop do not murder me

Lumpen posted:

It was really lovely of Gulag to claim at -2 with only a few minutes left in the game day and no breadcrumb and having put zero effort into building cases for alternative candidates when he was the clear lynch leader for most of D1. He didn't bother to even list 3 suspects for my chart. His claim just looked like Scum making a lazy last-minute rolefish attempt to try to draw a counterclaim. What a Townfucker.

Retard

Idiot

Metos posted:

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

suck my dick and balls

ok now that i've gone through the necessary legal channels to say that, replace me out.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

j/k

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

abruptly changing tack on a player is a pretty good scum tell imo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'll change your tacks you ingrate

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Having caught up I'd be most happy voting friction and foo (largely for his self-professed policy vote on imgay but also for being wilfully dense about jokes, for those of you who find formatting based cases persuasive the bolding was particularly egregious), I've got question marks scribbled next to about 8 other players on a scrap of paper and I'll expand on them further when I'm not working, but ...

Friction.123 posted:

Well Lumpen, I promised you a write up later tonight and here it is. I'll preface by saying I went into this day expecting to be dogpiled, and that didn't happen so its time to give the posting a bit more thought.

I mostly thought you were scum because I read your HAMMER IS NOT DOWN post as "Oh god guys we still have time to unvote on the cop." Combined with the lack of unvote on your own part seemed really fishy, but you clarified your intent. Here are my top picks.

King Burgundy - Lumpen already pointed out this super weird post:

No town would have enough information to know this for a fact, and Gulag's last minute claim doesn't come off as anything but a last ditch attempt to live. If he had spent any time at all defending himself it might have been different, but five minutes before deadline is not enough time for the "real" cop to counterclaim anyway. Also KB's only real response to Gulag's cop claim was !!!!! which is extremely ambiguous and easy to just pass over. It comes across as just a half-assed post so he can point back and say HA you idiots later on (which he did). A scum, of course, would know that Gulag was probably telling the truth and could make this gamble safely.

D1 all KB did was either post vague and undefined accusations against people, or put in some small effort to defend his own skin. In fact, almos tall of his posts were just hiding behind "my gut last game" and "changing my own meta" which are both bullshit in my opinion. Combine with voting for Lumpen today which I am about 90% is town and well what even the gently caress.

Asiina (Puntification?) - Almost all her day 1 posts are short and offer little, until her argument with KB. That particular back and forth was interesting but I find the sudden topic change to that dumb tv show strange. It certainly cut that discussion short. Also introduces more shitposting on day 2, this time after an argument about Trasson softclaiming. I also think that the whole lets wait until D3 thing (which Asiina insisted on but JakeP did not) was some kind of cover to avoid discussions when she needed to.

imgay - I still don't how someone who has offered so little in terms of analysis is so very far under the radar but if its some kind of accepted posting gimmick then whatever. I would still vote for him. I could give examples here but just go read his (or her, lets try to use the right pronouns) post history in this thread.

Honorable Mentions:

Trasson - Everyone seems to be on his case but as another newbie town whose words have been seen as scummy, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Kashuno - He's only alive in one game guys this is our golden opportunity here

To put my money where my mouth is though, ##vote King Burgundy

This I find really unbelievable, it is both playing it safe with targets that are lazy/safe - springboarding off someone else's accusations on KB, lurker-scum implications on a ragequitter and encouraging us to :siren: READ THE POST HISTORY :siren: of a notorious shitposter.

When his comments aren't purely descriptive they seem pretty contrived - like it's groping about for stuff to make it look like he's got more to say than he has, the bit about KB's voting someone he thinks is town and the smoke screen stuff for example.

The Honorable Mentions are just filler too that say practically nothing about the people he's mentioning, so I'll drop a vote on this bozo ##vote friction

GulagDolls posted:

ok now that i've gone through the necessary legal channels to say that, replace me out.

same

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you'd think at this point i'd learn to not post in mafia games when i should be sleeping, but lomarf@me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have to nap now but ##vote friction

i have a quasi-finished case on him that i will post when i wake up.

in the meantime, it’s not too late to all claim our roles. it may be a better time than ever since the cop is dead………….

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I hate to be that guy, but due to really loving unforeseen circumstances I've requested replacement.

Sorry folks, I was having a blast :(

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
lol rename it replacement mafia.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jake's dad just texted me and Jake has a tummy ache, I think he will need a replacement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
replace this game with a different one.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kash do you even know what game your playing right now or have they all melded together for you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Kash do you even know what game your playing right now or have they all melded together for you?

I've only got this one now imgay :sun: Once this and cube mafia end, I will be in zero mafia games for the first time in almost a year.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

i have to nap now but ##vote friction

i have a quasi-finished case on him that i will post when i wake up.

in the meantime, it’s not too late to all claim our roles. it may be a better time than ever since the cop is dead………….

yeah gulag replaced in as scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow this was a good game and now we have 3 replacements, how loving lovely

replacements ruin games

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

wow this was a good game and now we have 3 replacements, how loving lovely

replacements ruin games

let's shank lumpen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think KB is scum he is posting decent stuff. It's probs Foo, Friction, And idk.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't think KB is scum he is posting decent stuff. It's probs Foo, Friction, And idk.

meat toes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

meat toes

I don't see it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't see it.

cuz your a loving moron

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jeez mafia games sure are getting hostile these days.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

jeez mafia games sure are getting hostile these days.

what tv show are you currently binging through for the first time

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Jake I commend the effort you put into your case, but I think you should vote Trasson with me and lynch a Scum today.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im down to vote trasson but I want everyone to take a close look at metos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

state ya cases

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is the most damning thing on KB. He's been on the defensive most of the day aside from his Lumpen vote.

When a lot of people are talking about me, of course a lot of my posting is going to be defending myself. I know some people just ignore that, I'm not one of them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Puntification posted:

Having caught up I'd be most happy voting friction and foo (largely for his self-professed policy vote on imgay but also for being wilfully dense about jokes, for those of you who find formatting based cases persuasive the bolding was particularly egregious), I've got question marks scribbled next to about 8 other players on a scrap of paper and I'll expand on them further when I'm not working, but ...

This I find really unbelievable, it is both playing it safe with targets that are lazy/safe - springboarding off someone else's accusations on KB, lurker-scum implications on a ragequitter and encouraging us to :siren: READ THE POST HISTORY :siren: of a notorious shitposter.

When his comments aren't purely descriptive they seem pretty contrived - like it's groping about for stuff to make it look like he's got more to say than he has, the bit about KB's voting someone he thinks is town and the smoke screen stuff for example.

The Honorable Mentions are just filler too that say practically nothing about the people he's mentioning, so I'll drop a vote on this bozo ##vote friction

same

Yeah, I can see this now. I'd vote Friction. What do you think of Lumpen though?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

I just want to point out that he flipped confirmed town cop the first time he was on board with this. So people need to stop assuming this is a scum opinion. I agreed with it, and I have town feels on Cog who suggested it as well.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
King Burgundy, can you make a concise 3-bullet-point case on me?

I don't think you really believe in your own vote.
I also challenge you to put a decisive opinion about Trasson on the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

King Burgundy, can you make a concise 3-bullet-point case on me?

I don't think you really believe in your own vote.
I also challenge you to put a decisive opinion about Trasson on the record.

*Went out of your way to make sure the town cop got cuddled
*Trying to seem extra helpful to town to raise your town cred
*Going after low hanging fruit rather than actually scum hunting. (expanding on this one, but your meta case on me and Trasson's super lovely posting are both SUPER easy to chase.)

----

I think Trasson is likely town, for the reasons Asiina posted before you trolled her out of the game.

• Locked thread