Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This sounds like a wonderful justification for a lawsuit.

The guy mentioned that the charge back probably happened a long time ago and CIG are only going after him now. I wonder if this is because they think that it's been too long for him to charge back his account as a result of them closing it if he refuses to pay up since that's the obvious response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.
https://gifsound.com/?gif=www.ultraimg.com/images/v28Wq8.gif&v=ZG3NlOgy0Zo&s=40

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…and on an unrelated note, EVE gets an FPS tie-in on PC as Dust514 development seems to be winding down.

Between that and Valkyrie, it looks like CCP is taking more and more of a module approach to their PC gaming experience. :haw:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 3, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
This is the equivalent to a broke drug addict ringing up people who owe him 10 cent from preschool or something.
If you must resort to this, your brain is already dead but your body refuses to die.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?

Tippis posted:

…and on an unrelated note, EVE gets an FPS tie-in on PC as Dust514 development seems to be winding down.

I always figured Dust 514 wasn't a testbed for a PC FPS (but really it kind of was). I'm excited...EVE is a wonderful setting and an FPS component, along with even Valkyrie (while not a tie in necessarily) would really be something. Good on them. ED is also pushing towards multicrew availability. It seems like everyone is doing what SC wants to do except SC.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's because they're too excited about already being featured in the game...

Needs to go in the op.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Also people saying "why did you post the emails to youtube, if they were real why wouldn't you post them as jpgs". The same people that said the Beer mail jpgs were fake, like Samfreez. :fuckoff:

I've been saying for a long time, plenty of these motherfuckers are pure shills, they don't believe the crap they say. I don't know if they are all saddled with huge grey market accounts that they must get rid off before this thing collapses or what but :siren: many of them know they are lying :siren: .

None of them care if the chargeback mails are real. They'll use the "fake" strawman until it's used up and they need another one

if this goes on we'll need a :dolvak:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

MeLKoR posted:

You can say "poo poo".

But I like saying Poo Poo ...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

then you're going to like being treated like an idiot every time you post in this or any other thread

ps :justpost: in GBS, that goes for all you new people. This thread is GBS as all hell anyway

second edit: this is the only good thread in Games, do not go in the other Games threads. you have been warned

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Gilganixon posted:

then you're going to like being treated like an idiot every time you post in this or any other thread

ps :justpost: in GBS, that goes for all you new people. This thread is GBS as all hell anyway

I literally just registered for this SC thread, as far as me being treated like an idiot... nothing new lol.
I'l try to stick to the rules tho.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

what ship you got my friend? and how much have you sink in Star Citizen?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Well stop doing it anyway you twat. Word filters are loving annoying and make it painfully clear you should have lurked much much more before gaining your shitposting privileges.

Saclopedia, re: gently caress posted:

Posted by potato of destiny on May 24, 2007
A wordfilter for "gently caress", that is only seen if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, "gently caress" displays as "gently caress". The word "gently caress" is not forbidden here, it's merely a sop to certain advertisers that are not used for logged in users. Writing "gently caress" in a post instead of "gently caress" is loving annoying and if you do it, you should loving stop.

Posted by KRSNA on August 19, 2008
Many people who join the forums after lurking think this term is used intentionally to avoid saying "gently caress". Newly registered members will often say "gently caress" and "loving" in place of "gently caress" and "loving". These people are generally considered idiots.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
! I woke up, and there were ten new pages. I'm going to assume Fuzzy Modem had his meltdown and left.

Are people still suggesting new hobbies? because I can recommend knitting. Also hockey, volunteering at the animal shelter, cooking, and reading. All are productive uses of your time that don't involve thousands of dollars on incomplete poo poo (unless you buy really expensive yarn and don't finish any projects).

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fuzzknot posted:

! I woke up, and there were ten new pages. I'm going to assume Fuzzy Modem had his meltdown and left.

Are people still suggesting new hobbies? because I can recommend knitting. Also hockey, volunteering at the animal shelter, cooking, and reading. All are productive uses of your time that don't involve thousands of dollars on incomplete poo poo (unless you buy really expensive yarn and don't finish any projects).

take up warhammer 40k if you enjoy wasting thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on pointless bullshit. you can actually play that game though so it might not scratch the SC itch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

trust in gilganixon

The word filter is just to gently caress with automated internet ads and it's deliberately twee and annoying.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wish there was a stretch goal to get Ben a cholesterol test

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

vyst posted:

I wish there was a stretch goal to get Ben a cholesterol test

150 million

E:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

take up warhammer 40k if you enjoy wasting thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on pointless bullshit. you can actually play that game though so it might not scratch the SC itch

I dunno man, considering some of the winners standing by SC and CIG they might struggle to find someone to play with.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gilganixon posted:

Yeah, physical goods is a problem. What do we got that would provide a suitable spaceship substitute?

Only things I can think of is camboys and "real estate" on the moon

Maybe they could take up whiteknighting Godus?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I literally just registered for this SC thread, as far as me being treated like an idiot... nothing new lol.
I'l try to stick to the rules tho.

It's not against the rules, you can say it all day long. If getting labeled as an idiot ironically is what you are going for then it should work great.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

fuzzknot posted:

…also, CIG hosed up more than ever before. Again. As usual.

quote:

So… pretty much regular first-time knitting then? :haw:
e: Come to think of it, first-time anything, really. Starting small doesn't really seem to fit the current zeitgeist.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 3, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43wx9b/cig_pulling_account_funds_from_backers_to_pay_for/

I love that when people say its faked the guy goes back and posts more proof and is doing whatever he can to verify their claims and that those posts are all getting downvoted.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

EminusSleepus posted:

what ship you got my friend? and how much have you sink in Star Citizen?

No ships, i'm waiting for Squadron 42 on Xbox.
I'm emotionally invested in this whole scam. Mostly because I can't post on any major mmo sites/blog anymore.
They are part of the problem.
@Tijuana Bibliophile gently caress.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

I multihobby by cooking the animals they put down at the shelter

Ask me for pics of my Garfield Lasagna

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcsIkz1cKpc&t=17s

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This is the equivalent to a broke drug addict ringing up people who owe him 10 cent from preschool or something.
If you must resort to this, your brain is already dead but your body refuses to die.

Do not be distracted by this nonsense
Do not be distracted by the hilarious gifs of the broken game that they are now making a New TV show out of to show the horde they are working on fixing the game.

Instead look behind door number three, where the facts that:

3 directors of CIG Manchester (In the heart of Wilmslow Cheshire) have public share holdings in a company that has just had 15 million dollars shipped into it.
One is a Roberts the other a lifelong childhood friend and the other an ex prominent member of staff at Gizmondo. Not to mention the whole thing has been actioned by the new CFO another childhood friend and ex CFO of Gizmondo Europe. Its all right there in black and white.

There is an Astin martin garage very close to the office i will be watching the clientele closely .........

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
So if CIG came out and said "Okay, we were wrong." regarding this whole issue then doubled back and maybe even gave this guy another jpeg ship like an Idris or something, would that necessarily clear things up? A step in the right direction? I mean, I'm just trying to see what CIG could do to stop being such a giant twat and remedy the situation. Yeah, the customer isn't always right but you don't want to necessarily criminalize them or persecute them. I don't get what CIG gets by doing this since its doing a good job of pissing people off and thats about it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I also highly recommend Hushpuppies because they taste great and are adorable :3:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

No ships, i'm waiting for Squadron 42 on Xbox.
I'm emotionally invested in this whole scam. Mostly because I can't post on any major mmo sites/blog anymore.
They are part of the problem.
@Tijuana Bibliophile gently caress.

only one person I know who is blocked from major mmo sites

seraph?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoZpxNbiV4U&t=421s

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Are Astons still as fragile and temperamental as… well, CryEngine, or have they managed to iron out those problems?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Was that sniping or just a backfire? Sounded like shots fired to me.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That's air resistance for you

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

EminusSleepus posted:

only one person I know who is blocked from major mmo sites

seraph?

Nah mate, nothing as serious as that. I just can't post on any of these sites anymore because they would rather ride the scam then investigate it.
I can't even look at comment sections to see al these morons spewing garbage.

FFS at this point If I wanna read some none biased articles about SC I have to go to FORBES, Seriously lol.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What I love the most about these things is that if ever something like this happens in the persistent universe the ship is salvage and a whale will potentially be out of $2500.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I had my own powerful Soundtrack Moment with that clip. It came and went, but your effort galvanised me into (cheap, hijacked) action...

https://gifsound.com/?gif=www.ultraimg.com/images/v28Wq8.gif&v=GinV3-S4lz4&s=54

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

fuzzknot posted:

Become a wargamer today!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ah, the "unclipped counters" camp

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know what? gently caress you. I'm so sick of spineless assholes like you making statements putting my credibility into question and then backing off the second you're confronted about it. You don't give a poo poo about the truth. You don't give a poo poo that your "friend" actually did write everything I shared. Well guess what; she loving did. Every communication I linked is one between myself and Cloud Imperium Games. You, like so many other backers, have invested so much time and energy into Star Citizen that the possibility that it all might come crashing down is a terrifying prospect. Imagine for a second that it really is all a lie. Imagine that Star Citizen really is a disaster that will never be released in the manner that they are dreaming of. Imagine that Chris Roberts really is either outright lying to you or that he is pathologically incapable of perceiving the possibility that things are hosed because of his management approach. Imagine that all of your effort, time, money, energy, everything you've done is a complete and utter waste. Can you?

I get it. I was there. I was obsessed with Star Citizen, pouring over every detail, obsessively watching every lovely show and gleaning every hint of game information. I truly, genuinely, authentically believed in the dream that was Star Citizen. I desperately wanted it to be a reality so that I could play it with all of my friends. Imagine all the poo poo you're getting on these forums, all the poo poo Ben and everyone else got, and increase it with an order of magnitude. That was my loving life on these forums defending this abortion of a game. I got poo poo on by this community for supporting SC, I got poo poo on by RSI for actually speaking my mind, and I got poo poo on repeatedly by Lesnick himself every time I expressed a concern. And in spite of all of that it took me getting loving banned to finally realize just how hosed things are. It was only after I got pulled out of the RSI forums and was forced to see things on the outside that I got a perspective other than the SC reality distortion field. I should send whoever demanded I be removed a thank you card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

EightAce posted:

Do not be distracted by this nonsense
Do not be distracted by the hilarious gifs of the broken game that they are now making a New TV show out of to show the horde they are working on fixing the game.

Instead look behind door number three, where the facts that:

3 directors of CIG Manchester (In the heart of Wilmslow Cheshire) have public share holdings in a company that has just had 15 million dollars shipped into it.
One is a Roberts the other a lifelong childhood friend and the other an ex prominent member of staff at Gizmondo. Not to mention the whole thing has been actioned by the new CFO another childhood friend and ex CFO of Gizmondo Europe. Its all right there in black and white.

There is an Astin martin garage very close to the office i will be watching the clientele closely .........

You clearly understand very little of the develepogfdgsfdhgklhfd

• Locked thread