Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Is whisky chat still on? I don't have cats, but I have a whisky hangar shelf.

Also this is Australia, so on average each bottle is around $30USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Do not be distracted by the hilarious gifs of the broken game that they are now making a New TV show out of to show the horde they are working on fixing the game.

Instead look behind door number three, where the facts that:

3 directors of CIG Manchester (In the heart of Wilmslow Cheshire) have public share holdings in a company that has just had 15 million dollars shipped into it.

Harder to make as funny as the broken game tbh

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

ah, the "unclipped counters" camp

Untrustworthy bastards.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

StarbloodKiss posted:

So if CIG came out and said "Okay, we were wrong." regarding this whole issue then doubled back and maybe even gave this guy another jpeg ship like an Idris or something, would that necessarily clear things up? A step in the right direction? I mean, I'm just trying to see what CIG could do to stop being such a giant twat and remedy the situation. Yeah, the customer isn't always right but you don't want to necessarily criminalize them or persecute them. I don't get what CIG gets by doing this since its doing a good job of pissing people off and thats about it.

The only thing they could do to fix this mess is nothing. If they make you liable for other people's chargebacks then they just killed the economy even before it was designed. People can buy ingame credits with money which means you can't trade for anything because otherwise the credits/goods you are getting might be charged back and you end up footing the bill.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

CIG's going to implode by itself to not give Derek Smart the satisfaction of imploding CIG

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Daztek posted:

CIG's going to implode by itself to not give Derek Smart the satisfaction of imploding CIG

Chris Roberts standing atop a flaming wreckage of his mocap studio, raises the shotgun that cannot be, crashes CIG to desktop.

Alternatively: This was Derek's Grey Market-killer all along.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

T.G. Xarbala posted:

ah, the "unclipped counters" camp

I was using my opponents counters. I am decidedly in the "clipped" camp :colbert:

And I let him borrow my clipper so he could be converted.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Become a wargamer today!

What's this called?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Greetings from page 1684HOLY poo poo WHAT HAPPENED?!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

WebDog posted:

Small part of my collection, my latest additions are the Japanese Hibiki and Aberfeldy
http://i.imgur.com/GyoY5Fn.jpg

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 3, 2016

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.
:gary: https://gifsound.com/?gif=www.ultraimg.com/images/v28Wq8.gif&v=--ijjuvQMW8 :yarg:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i want to get into that Three Kingdoms boardgame, is it good?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

What's this called?

Advanced Squad Leader

That's one of the smaller scenarios.

This is not

Actually that might also be a small one :v:

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 3, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We took aim for 1700 and just went for it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

CIG applied to get the Faith-Based Organisation status from IRS for tax purposes. It's insane.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

WebDog posted:

I actually live in Kentucky. This is not a good collection, I feel sorry for Australians. The Blantons is good tho!

Also the Makers. It's dirt cheap stuff, but pretty drinkable.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
If they totally probably maybe aren't considering any sort of console release, why do they have a ps4 devkit inhouse?

I like how crobber danced around that. Christ man use some backer funds to get a real PR firm involved, like the one that helped the lion murdering dentist. Probably better bang for your buck than your stylist and nutritionist who seem to be phoning it in anyways.

And the LTI chargeback shakedown is hilarious. Any competent company would eat that loss in the name of consumer goodwill... not to say there's even a real loss involved, but it speaks volumes to the levels of mismanagement at play at CIG, top to bottom.

I hope they get Werner Herzog to do the post-op documentary. That poo poo is going to be fascinating.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Paladinus posted:

CIG applied to get the Faith-Based Organisation status from IRS for tax purposes. It's insane.

Sort of makes sense, especially as everyone who bought jpegs actually just :airquote:donated:airquote: money.

Comparing the Cult of Christ to a traditional religious institution seems pretty apt to me.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EightAce posted:

Do not be distracted by the hilarious gifs of the broken game that they are now making a New TV show out of to show the horde they are working on fixing the game.

This is good, there aren't enough TV shows about this non game. Sandi's talent needs an outlet damnit.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43ydoo/star_citizen_vs_elite_dangerous/

Detective zecumbe is on the case :clint:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Uh so re: chargeback scams... I got this right?

No one criticize my drawing skills operating on a thin budget here

:bravo:

Nailed it in 1.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43z9ge/squadron_42_release_date/

This thread is just surreal. I'm not going to quote all of it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

100 posts an hour since I went to bed.

illnevercatchupwiththethread.gif

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

DOMDOM posted:

I hope they get Werner Herzog to do the post-op documentary. That poo poo is going to be fascinating.

Don't you think the whole thing is weird enough without that kind of touch? Or are you suggesting that only he could possibly capture and convey the insanity of the whole thing?

Also, voting Udo Kier as the one to play CRobber during the re-enactment segments.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's possible they could release SQ42 this year- remember this is part 1 of a trilogy and is already confirmed to take place in a single system (which reduces the workload required to build it significantly- essentially we're looking at a similar amount of content to the baby PU with scripted missions). I mean it's a tight timeline. Thinking logically, I'm guessing we might see the first playable version of SQ42 available only to backers this year in a 'beta' format. Then the gold release would be 2017- that way they can get it out the biggest fans on time but with the caveat it might still have some bugs.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43z9ge/squadron_42_release_date/

This thread is just surreal. I'm not going to quote all of it.

I remember asking/posting a thread on reddit about a "How long would you wait" and some people honestly answered "2020 or longer".

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Haskell9 posted:

Agreed. I was the Lethality for a different scam. Remember the Horizons MMO 12 years ago? I drank that Kool-Aid like it was my mother's milk. Watching other people get hoodwinked in the same way is intolerable, unless they are intolerable for other reasons in which case haha gently caress them.

I remember that game!

Like star citizen horizons was filled with carebears who viscerally hated pvp. So much so that they rioted when a completely optional pvp arena was proposed. Also there was a load of fanboys who'd trick you into buying it by posting complete bollocks. It was bad.

Although poo poo as horizons was they didn't sell sparkly dragons for $15000

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Fuzzy Modem went from cognitive dissonance to straight up aiding and abetting. Probably the same arc as Ben and Lando

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

100 posts an hour since I went to bed.

illnevercatchupwiththethread.gif

I've taken to just skipping massive portions and trying to guess what happened based on context clues. In this way I will never really know if anything said in this thread is true or not. I call it Reddit Simulator 2016.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fuzzy Modem went from cognitive dissonance to straight up aiding and abetting. Probably the same arc as Ben and Lando

No man if you had access to what I had and knew the devs personally you'd easily see that this is the greatest game ever even in its current iteration I would play it for years.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Thanks for your Nontributions (this is my new word, I like it) Fuzzy Modem. It's good to see you still have opinions, but run away the moment you're asked to back them up.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gilganixon posted:

take up warhammer 40k if you enjoy wasting thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on pointless bullshit. you can actually play that game though so it might not scratch the SC itch

You're buying an actual finished product of good quality with Games Workshop so it really isn't a good replacement for CIG's Star Citizen aka SQ 42 aka PU 2.0 aka Star Marine.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lol, reddit's getting super paranoid.

Also:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Agrajag posted:

You're buying an actual product with Games Workshop so it really isn't a good replacement for CIG's Star Citizen.

There's also a real collector's market for vintage stuff.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Golden Goat posted:

Also:

We've conquered this person.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Also:

Oh poo poo they know we're responsible for 4chan? Guys I think we're rumbled...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I pretend to buy a ship, and Chris Roberts pretends to sell it. Then I pretend there is a game to play.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nope, that was a solid Dolvak if I ever saw one. "I'm not sure the mails are true but also I don't like care if they're true or anything, you know?"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
ISIS have some valid points re Star Citizen, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Post this

Print job proposal from 2013

• Locked thread