Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

I don't know the specifics for Germany but I know that as an EU citizen you have 14 days after delivery to ask for a refund.

For purchases since June 2014 (Germany will be around the same time give or take a couple of months), but somebody saying yes that's correct in court means you have to get to court, if he's only in for 50€ it's unlikely he'll go that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

DandyLion posted:

Wait, so is SOP to deny refunds until you threaten them with chargebacks? Has anybody actually gotten a refund recently (in 2016)?

CIG have started flat refusing all refund requests with a template email they send to everyone. Charge backs are the way to do it once they refuse your request.

It's interesting that CIG were clearly getting so many refund requests that someone at the top had to ban CS from agreeing to them.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Doing my own refund

quote:

Hi, I would like to request a refund of my game package as I have recently seen the current product described by employees of CIG as a 'substantial part of the game.' If what is currently available to backers is considered by CIG to be substantial enough to fulfil the company's earlier ToS' November 2014 completion date, I do not feel what I have purchased meets what has been advertised. Key features such as the FPS are entirely broken; others such as persistence, an economy, or having more than 16 players in an instance are entirely absent. While I am aware of the 14 day period CIG has implemented for refunds, this runs counter to local law in Australia, which forbids time limits on refunds. I hope this can be sorted out quickly and amicably.

Before I send it off, anything I have wrong, or that can be improved?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DandyLion posted:

Wait, so is SOP to deny refunds until you threaten them with chargebacks? Has anybody actually gotten a refund recently (in 2016)?

Refund season was Aug-Nov 2015, sorry for your lots.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I actually watched Fuzzy's trailer and for an indie production it's not bad. Acting and voice work is pretty loving bad and the concept is generic, but the execution is likable. Let me put it this way - I'd be far far happier being attached to that project than to SC.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Doing my own refund

Quote Chris Roberts at them, they hate that.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9180067/star-citizen-backers-claiming-refunds-are-getting-their-money-back

quote:

Cloud Imperium founder Chris Roberts said that refunds are being given out. "We don't publicize it, but when people reach out to us and talk to us in a rational manner, in most cases we've refunded them," he said. "We don't want people to be part of the project if they're not happy."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Also an example, the reason companies try to convince you that you can't have a refund is that most people are happy to be convinced.

Some people aren't though, even if on the surface they don't seem the type to make good decisions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-35475433

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

For purchases since June 2014 (Germany will be around the same time give or take a couple of months), but somebody saying yes that's correct in court means you have to get to court, if he's only in for 50€ it's unlikely he'll go that far.

That's what I meant with "the german specifics", there probably is some sort of small claims court and both buyer and seller are in the EU.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Good and sensible questions to ask before you spend 2 grand on a video game.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Doing my own refund

If they deny you, just threaten a chargeback.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

That's what I meant with "the german specifics", there probably is some sort of small claims court and both buyer and seller are in the EU.

Yeah, wonder what happened to that guy in the UK that was taking them to small claims, don't think he posted again. They probably refunded him and gave him an Idris as long as he agreed not to update us.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

And so it begins, let's see what they will answer me.

Since you're in the Glorious Union of Europeans :godwinning: don't bother arguing about their tos or spam-replies, make them go off-script. Link them to some german/EU consumer law and contact (or threaten to contact) your local consumer's advocate/equivalent

Also write all your mails in german - preferably with lots ALL-CAPS, BOLDED ALL_CAPS and throw in a lot of non-obvious BOLDDED ALLCSPA SPELLIGN ERORRS to fool google translate

End all your mails with an (English) sentence to the effect of "I request that my money be refunded to the sum of $$$ to this bank account. Your communication thus far has been unsatisfactory to the point of flagrantly violating the Service Bullshit Digital act of 1994. Please reply forthwith with a date on which I can expect the money to be refunded. I will continue to forward all communication (or lack thereof) to my consumer advocate. Please also note that failure to respond to a consumer request is in violation of sacred Internet law and will be treated as admission to the content in this email. I also request that you adress the issues above in German, as is my right as a consumer in the European Union"

Full disclosure: I'm a certified expert and professor of Internet

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Once I figured out Fuzzy was completely insane and hasn't played a video game from this decade I could speed scroll through all his posts and the ones quoting them. Catching up before noon is now a distinct possibility. Unless CIG starts force melting random people's jpegs cause they lost chargebacks before i get to the end.

Unfortunately work is actually busy today, so I'm not getting nearly the amount of thread-time I usually get. I'm managing to keep up with Zecumbe's War on Goons though, which is proving pretty fun.

Good job, Zecumbe!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Goobs posted:

If they deny you, just threaten a chargeback.

Begin the chargeback process now and let them know that it's a race to see who responds first.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"We don't publicize it" he said to the interviewer.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wafflz posted:

Once I figured out Fuzzy was completely insane and hasn't played a video game from this decade I could speed scroll through all his posts and the ones quoting them. Catching up before noon is now a distinct possibility.

Then again, he lied about that too since he later revealed that he had played E:D and KSP. I suppose one could be charitable and assume that the games he listed were the ones that were worse space sims than SC, suggesting that both of those were actually better… but then, that would mean he lied about never having played anything better.

At least a troll would have been able to maintain a consistent story.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ledenko posted:

I actually watched Fuzzy's trailer and for an indie production it's not bad. Acting and voice work is pretty loving bad and the concept is generic, but the execution is likable. Let me put it this way - I'd be far far happier being attached to that project than to SC.

I agree. I only wanted to shame him on his stupid dialog shots because he went all "well, Chris has taught me all I need about crowdfunding, I know where it's at :smuggo:"

his project was flexible funding on Indiegogo, raised $5,000 bucks (out of a $15k goal) and you guessed it - released in "episodes". His last update on Indiegogo was a year ago.

CGI work was pretty cool for an indie thing though

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Begin the chargeback process now and let them know that it's a race to see who responds first.

Nah, I'd rather see if Australians can do 'one weird trick' to get a refund first.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
You're far more invested in this than I am, I only saw something about making fun of his work and link to his work, had no idea of the story behind it. Now that I do, for gently caress's sake fuzzy, don't learn business practices from c-ro!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:yarg: Squadron 42 - Episode I: The Paarpening is going to sell 10 million copies :gary:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ledenko posted:

You're far more invested in this than I am, I only saw something about making fun of his work and link to his work, had no idea of the story behind it. Now that I do, for gently caress's sake fuzzy, don't learn business practices from c-ro!

Right, learn it from Swedish mobsters themselves!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Nah, I'd rather see if Australians can do 'one weird trick' to get a refund first.

Be aware of the time limits your payment provider will have on charge backs to make sure you're not on the borderline.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

CIG hates him.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Between this and that Miku creeper it's basically how I see all Citizens whenever I read the poo poo they type in the forums.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ledenko posted:

This thread is my home parents' basement and I won't have people coming in and pissing on my carpets manga

It's also a good idea to grow a skin before going all smug in the uncharted wilds of the SC thread

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Gonna snipe #1700 plz cheer me on

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You can do it buddy I believe in you

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Good luck!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:pagbz: Woot!:pgabz:

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Hope Eonwe doesn't beat you to it

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Been jumping to 10 behind every morning for days, this is the first day I managed to catch up after doing it

Yall slackin'

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chalks posted:

You can do it buddy I believe in you

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I believe in you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ledenko posted:

Hope Eonwe doesn't beat you to it

He's been out of thread for a while tho

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Can I get an update on operation 1700?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Hope it works out.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

It's a-go.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Well, I'm starting to have doubts about a 2014 release fellow Citizens please convince me otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I hope Eonwe's ok :ohdear:

• Locked thread