Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rhubarb94 posted:

I was thinking that right up till beer4thebeergod offered him proof and he started rowing for shore.

Admittedly it fits very closely with a shitizen impersonation, but it was a missed opportunity for piss taking that broke my immersion.

That rant was incredibly cathartic. I'm thankful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I really enjoy this gif.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just promise you'll never say gently caress you to me. I don't think I could take it.

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

CIG should sell the nice winter hats that Freddie and Matty Willard wear in this movie. Not only would it help for immersion when playing star citizen but would keep your head warm during these winter months.

Thoughts commandos?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

El Spamo posted:

Seriouspost: Someone mentioned about LTI being like EVE letting you buy from them a guaranteed fitted and ready to fly ship to have if you get blown out of space and don't have anything handy.

They do. Rookie frigates. Everyone gets one, all the time. If you dock at a station in your pod and you don't happen to have a ship there you get one. It's actually kind of pesky because you can't melt the drat things and my packratty nature abhors just trashing stuff. If you lose everything, and I mean everything, and are down to zero spacebucks (you didn't insure your ship lol) in the rear end-end of nowhere you can still send your clone back to safe empire space, pick up your free frigate and go start grinding back up from nothing.

But then again you can actually play EVE (why would you), so they actually figured out things like 'how do we make sure our players can keep playing even if they lose in the most complete and total manner possible?'

That was probably me and I didn't mean rookie ships. I just tried imagining if you could, I dunno, insure a black ops with real money to have it forever and what it would do to the game (nothing good).

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

stripper slaves, it's in the game

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Just promise you'll never say gently caress you to me. I don't think I could take it.

Well you have a spine so it probably won't happen. Frankly I'd much rather we go drinking.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

YeahDavidLeeRoth posted:

Freddy Prince Jr just totally put his foot in his mouth with the hottie who he called a grease monkey but she was in fact his wing commando. Hahahah classic.

OH poo poo NOW THEY ARE DRINKING SPACE WHISKEY AND GETTING TURNT

A+++++ movie

SPACE WHISKEY CONFIRMED FOR STAR CITIZEN

YeahDavidLeeRoth
Sep 23, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

SPACE WHISKEY CONFIRMED FOR STAR CITIZEN

Space whiskey only available in million mile high club.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'd like to thank fuzzy modem for mentioning that the thread makes his stomach turn.

its posts like that that makes this whole thing worth it.

he sounds like a.... butthurt snowflake

lol

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Wafflz posted:

In the midst of all the mundane tedium being treated like fun gameplay by spergs just "It'd be cool if"-ing, I think Star Wars Galaxies deserves a golfclap. While a strange, probably not good game, it managed to gamify roles like dancing, playing music in bars, being the mayor of a player city pretty successfully.

I'm not saying watching the looping animations was great gameplay but they might have pulled off getting people to take a boring day job in a game better than anyone.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MeLKoR posted:

You can say "poo poo".

no everyone on earth is a potty mouth sir

i got kids

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was a good rant, it was angry eloquent and funny 9/10.

When uncle Derek pop's back he'll like it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Say what you will about this guy

but "Meta Gaming Whack Jobs" is probably the single best description of goons I've heard

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

YeahDavidLeeRoth posted:

CIG should sell the nice winter hats that Freddie and Matty Willard wear in this movie. Not only would it help for immersion when playing star citizen but would keep your head warm during these winter months.

Thoughts commandos?

It's not cold enough to warrant such hats. Global warming is a DSmart conspiracy to deny CRobber his rightfully earned hat-cash. :colbert:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The fact that he called him Derek Fart and not Derek Shart just shows how well OPSEC is being observed.

e; Real question: How many goons have actually issued and completed a chargeback after having their pledges flipped for LTI by a secondary party?

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 3, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

I can't keep up. I'm just waiting till the next piece of drama drops from the sweet teat of mama derek.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Ledenko posted:

That was probably me and I didn't mean rookie ships. I just tried imagining if you could, I dunno, insure a black ops with real money to have it forever and what it would do to the game (nothing good).

Oh yeah, it would be bonkers bad. And CIG can't see how that could possibly be in their BDSSE, I mean who would abuse things like that?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Say what you will about this guy

but "Meta Gaming Whack Jobs" is probably the single best description of goons I've heard

Mods please rename me to Cheeto Fingered ISIS Sympathizer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well you have a spine so it probably won't happen. Frankly I'd much rather we go drinking.

Frankly it makes me really, really loving Internet mad when Citizens go all Dolvak on you. Like, if your email conversation were proven to be false, would I whiteknight you and blame Sandi for provoking you or whatever? No loving way, there's some genuinely tasteless and damaging stuff in there, way beyond satire.

So: how do the Citizens react after they've voiced their outrage and been given the opportunity, and indeed encouragement, to clear Sandi's name? No, then it's all "I don't really care dude, just saying."

You just don't get to have it both ways. It's so disingenuous and cowardly that it gets me right through my war-hardened Internet skin and creeps down my loving Internet spine. For fucksakes, you cripplingly false, pasty, self-satisfied, empty and hollow pieces of sewage. Don't go flaunting your faked notions of moral outrage when it's so loving immediately apparent that you've never believed any of them yourself.
[/rant]

In any way I guess I'm saying uuhh... don't let it get to you...?

I'ma drink some fermented malt and barley tonight and call it "beer" in your honor o9

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey, Reddit idiots, you know what a production that has no publisher is? Something that will NEVER BE PUBLISHED.

CIG is just self publishing, making them the publisher, which is something only failures and exiles have to do, because no one will touch their garbage product with a ten foot bargepole. It's also the #1 cause of realizable projects never actually being finished.

loving idiots.

Footnote, some folks self publish just fine, but they don't have pants on head stupid people at the top wasting cash.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

see you in the verse, commando! o9

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Frankly it makes me really, really loving Internet mad when Citizens go all Dolvak on you. Like, if your email conversation were proven to be false, would I whiteknight you and blame Sandi for provoking you or whatever? No loving way, there's some genuinely tasteless and damaging stuff in there, way beyond satire.

So: how do the Citizens react after they've voiced their outrage and been given the opportunity, and indeed encouragement, to clear Sandi's name? No, then it's all "I don't really care dude, just saying."

You just don't get to have it both ways. It's so disingenuous and cowardly that it gets me right through my war-hardened Internet skin and creeps down my loving Internet spine. For fucksakes, you cripplingly false, pasty, self-satisfied, empty and hollow pieces of sewage. Don't go flaunting your faked notions of moral outrage when it's so loving immediately apparent that you've never believed any of them yourself.
[/rant]

In any way I guess I'm saying uuhh... don't let it get to you...?

I'ma drink some fermented malt and barley tonight and call it "beer" in your honor o9

this. Dolvak is the only person in this entire fiasco that managed to legit infuriate me. He's actually relatively sane compared to alot of the personalities that have come and gone, but his mundane ignorance of what it means to think critically is triggering. Whenever I click on an INN stream and see that dull cow stare I start to twitch. I guess it's similar to the rage I feel when watching Don Lemon on CNN .

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I don't think it's ignorance. I think it's a calculated ambition that's willing to be built atop and encourage ignorance. Stargur was a fun chapter that I'm sure we all remember.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
I really hope this fuzzy dude is a troll. I have a hard time believing that someone can subject themselves to playing this game everyday and think the mess that is currently playable is the BDSSE. Have any of these citizens played a game in the last 10 years?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wafflz posted:

Why do these sandbox-fantasy game fanatics always insist on having some creepy sexual features. Its like they wanna live vicariously through these video games.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Why do these sandbox-fantasy game fanatics always insist on having some creepy sexual features. Its like they wanna live vicariously through these video games.

Yeah I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head, there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Decrepus posted:

Looking for 50 people to crew my Idris pst.

Nice try, Derek Smart. Or should I say, Derek Shart? Everyone knows the full complement of the Idris is only 12 spergs.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVXUmX0CJI

This made me laugh so far loving hard, nice find/make

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Phi230 posted:

Because they sure as hell don't get that in real life.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Phi230 posted:

Oh hey look, it's a freshly gooned Citizen

o9 commando, welcome to the healthiest place on the 'nternet to discuss Star Citizen: the Something Awful games forum!

Please share your citizen story with us if and when you feel comfortable

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

What the poo poo

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

PhallicPhalanges posted:

I really hope this fuzzy dude is a troll. I have a hard time believing that someone can subject themselves to playing this game everyday and think the mess that is currently playable is the BDSSE. Have any of these citizens played a game in the last 10 years?

It's all crap, nobody is playing Star Citizen and nobody cares about the game in its current state.

Here's the game, sitting amongst its peers:

BDSSE.jpg

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Tales of Symphonia deserves better

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Polish Avenger posted:

In the midst of all the mundane tedium being treated like fun gameplay by spergs just "It'd be cool if"-ing, I think Star Wars Galaxies deserves a golfclap. While a strange, probably not good game, it managed to gamify roles like dancing, playing music in bars, being the mayor of a player city pretty successfully.

I'm not saying watching the looping animations was great gameplay but they might have pulled off getting people to take a boring day job in a game better than anyone.

The thing about Star Wars Galaxies and EVE is that all these cool, yet mundane things that people do were emergent out of the game rather than dictated. As apposed to SC fanatics who dream of being a space travel agent. They're getting all their hopes up by fantasizing about how the game should play before there even is a game to speak of. Its all very cart before the horse thinking.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Holy poo poo a russian dancing simulator! That's it shitlords, I'm back in the game! :smuggo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6305401/#Comment_6305401

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is there an Evochron thread for actual good space games that exist?

I would start one but I'm super lazy and "Hey dudes, post cool stuff about Evochron for me to read" is a pretty bad OP, even by Games standards.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

yes why indeed citizens...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DOMDOM posted:

yes why indeed citizens...

The "Big Cat Space Marine" av really puts the icing on top of that post. Is he calling all women animals? Is he assuming there will be anthropomorphic animal NPCs he can make dance? Did he just not read the OP properly? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It is exhausting keeping up with this thread.

Still worth it though.

• Locked thread