Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Enchanted Hat posted:

Capital Letters are the main Ingredients in a Capital Post. Look at this poo poo. One Capital Letter? It's like you're not even trying.

I wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Still no release date.

How many gameplay hours do you have? I think I have two, but one of those appears to be setting up goddamned controls.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Atrayonis posted:

Greetings from page 1678. I haven't seen Fuzzy Modem post anywhere in any forum I frequent since he failed to win the Enterprise-F contest for Star Trek Online.

I hope it gets better from here. If Richardson shows up in here to defend him to the death (again), I will be giddy with glee.

he won and we're all in tears

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:eyepop:

welp just got chrisrolled

I heartilly endorse putting this on reddit with the title

proof Sandi is a heart eating demon

Ben eats coworkers and cops surrounded CIG, developing story

or

Chris buys fortress in manchester sewers, steal all remaining backer funds

chrisroll 'em

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 3, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Atrayonis posted:

Greetings from page 1678. I haven't seen Fuzzy Modem post anywhere in any forum I frequent since he failed to win the Enterprise-F contest for Star Trek Online.

I hope it gets better from here. If Richardson shows up in here to defend him to the death (again), I will be giddy with glee.

one of his projects got posted and said he's happy to take criticism.

someone made a joke about it and he got mad and left like a bitch.

edit-

he also calls sandi his friend cause he met her like once like a weirdo.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 3, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cocaine dad show posted:

Good whisky chat earlier, I think I will treat myself to ordering something like highland park 12 yrs old later

Good into to peaty malts. If you want a cask strength sherry malt, the ablerlour a'bunadh is the poo poo. If you want to go a little more expensive, I just got the old pulteney 17 and it's a very compete and complex single malt.. Need some more time with it but I think it's over taken the a'bunadh as my current favorite.

Can't go wrong with the hp 12 though

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Holy youtube comment batman

:eyepop:

Daniel Willen, that was a good post.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

hanales posted:

Catte has an injury that can't be licked. Old dog sweater to the rescue.

She is not impressed.

There will of course be repercussions for your insubordination and betrayal.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ZenMaster posted:

Oh, so I am NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN. It took 3 days... 3 freaking days to cut this together...

:siren: https://sendvid.com/yucw76yl :siren:

Just to make someone possibly laugh on the internet. I need help.

I wanted to do something similar that involved cutting up 10FTC audio but its just so much effort, I'm surprised you didn't go insane

In the end I ended up with this dumb thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUvp1Ze2H8

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Hav posted:

Still no release date.

How many gameplay hours do you have? I think I have two, but one of those appears to be setting up goddamned controls.

Less than an hour. Can never get my ship to spawn. Always says its unavailable.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Daztek posted:

I wanted to do something similar that involved cutting up 10FTC audio but its just so much effort, I'm surprised you didn't go insane

I had to listen to hours of 104TC

Hours, and I have never played or backed SC.

4th Stimpire sounds like a vacation

I also noticed weird things about Chris' choice of words. He never says let/lets, he says allow/allows.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

ZenMaster posted:

Oh, so I am NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN. It took 3 days... 3 freaking days to cut this together...

Hey, don't feel too bad. I made my own space JPEGs for a game that doesn't even exist. Another goon is taking said space JPEG and putting it in an actual game. He has planned it out and everything (take note, CIG), and it sounds like it will be hilarious.

We all go to ridiculous lengths for comedy sometimes. Just be thankful that you didn't spend thousands of dollars making us laugh. Real people have done this.

Think about that.

Edit: It was loving funny, too, so it wasn't a horrible waste of time.

Natron fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 3, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

You see this Eve narrative over on Reddit all the time. You know it, you've seen it before - Goons ruined Eve. I don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me?

Like I get the gist. Goonswarm was a huge, cheap fleet that could lock down entire sectors and destroy important convoys. But I feel like without the adversity none of the really clever stories you hear about Eve even beyond this forum would have ever happened. I feel like it would have been a lot of spergs trying to push top tier ships for its own sake - presumably for Eve's absolutely riveting PvE?

Eve is a game that benefited from its scale and it's wild-west atmosphere. Without those things it would have been a mastubatory exercise and I'll never understand why people still curse goons for making a lackluster game relevant.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

Lol, reddit's getting super paranoid.

Also:

This guy forgot baby murderers and grandmother rapists.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
nm

AP fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 3, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

blueberrysmith posted:

These are some prime candidate questions for the next reverse the verse. More importantly, can I play this farming gene-splicing mini-game while hiding in a crate for hours while my prey puts me aboard their ship? Will the corn be fully grown by the time I pop out of my crate in order to take over my opponent's ship? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

The best part of this is the thread starter was Cobbler, who wrote a very lengthy farming post which included procedural prey.

I'd hate to be a cow on the Stimperor's ranch.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Google Butt posted:

Good into to peaty malts. If you want a cask strength sherry malt, the ablerlour a'bunadh is the poo poo. If you want to go a little more expensive, I just got the old pulteney 17 and it's a very compete and complex single malt.. Need some more time with it but I think it's over taken the a'bunadh as my current favorite.

How is old Pulteney? Been thinking about buying it! Nice to see a lot of whiskey lovers here.
Personally i'm more a lagavulin kinda guy but a Caol ila is nice to

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

This guy forgot baby murderers and grandmother rapists.

I'm impressed they put 'meta-gaming' on the same scale as 'ISIS sympathizer'.

This isn't dungeons and dragons, how the gently caress do you 'meta-game' in a space potato?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1. There is no 14 day policy indicated anywhere on RSI.com.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

INTERNATIONAL 1.0 released February 1st 2015

quote:

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms of Service, you may cancel your Pledge for any reason within 14 days of the date on which you made your Pledge if your Pledge is for Virtual Goods (as defined in Sec. 11 below) (“Cancellation Period”). RSI Intern. Terms of Service 1/2015_Draft Final
To cancel your Pledge during the applicable Cancellation Period, you simply need to notify us in writing of your decision to cancel your Pledge. The easiest way to do so is to complete and submit to us our cancellation form which can be found here. You can also cancel your Pledge during the applicable Cancellation Period by emailing us at support@cloudimperiumgames.com.
If you cancel your Pledge during the applicable Cancellation Period, we will without undue delay, and in any event within fourteen (14) days from the date on which we receive notice of your decision to cancel your Pledge, fully refund to you the amount of your Pledge. In accordance with applicable financial control and banking rules, we reserve the right to refund you using the same means of payment as you used to make your Pledge.

Doesn't really matter but it's there, has to be there in the EU.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Thank you I will put these on my list to look into as well!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Natron posted:

Just be thankful that you didn't spend thousands of dollars making us laugh. Real people have done this.

Think about that.

Being in the middle of all this insanity is like

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Romes128 posted:

one of his projects got posted and said he's happy to take criticism.

someone made a joke about it and he got mad and left like a bitch.
Oh yes, sounds like the guy I know. Kind of sad his particular fanboy didn't show up.
Well, back to catching up to the thread.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mendrian posted:

You see this Eve narrative over on Reddit all the time. You know it, you've seen it before - Goons ruined Eve. I don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me?

Like I get the gist. Goonswarm was a huge, cheap fleet that could lock down entire sectors and destroy important convoys. But I feel like without the adversity none of the really clever stories you hear about Eve even beyond this forum would have ever happened. I feel like it would have been a lot of spergs trying to push top tier ships for its own sake - presumably for Eve's absolutely riveting PvE?

Eve is a game that benefited from its scale and it's wild-west atmosphere. Without those things it would have been a mastubatory exercise and I'll never understand why people still curse goons for making a lackluster game relevant.

I think Goonswarm was/is just an easy scapegoat for people who get too frustrated at the concept of loss and competition in videogames. The people that complain the most about EVE are the people who invest far too much into the game emotionally. They're the spoiled types that throw tantrums when things don't go exactly their way. No doubt EVE benefits from adversity, it is a sandbox, where everything is driven by players.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Daztek posted:

I quite like this

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

c2usaf2004 posted:

Less than an hour. Can never get my ship to spawn. Always says its unavailable.

Yeah I quickly gave up on that, it told me all the pads were full. They weren't even close to full (unless the other ones aren't active yet). I just camped the pads that seemed to be spawning ships and stole the first thing I could clip through.

Come to think of it, the game of actually getting a ship might be the only game there is right now. It's like a drunk race as you awkwardly lumber through the space station due to the heavy motion blur and unoptimized engine running so poorly you have noticeable input lag. Then if you're unfamiliar with whatever space plane you find you get to poke at the ship to see which non-descript body panel the ladder or whatever is going to telescope out of Jetsons style.

Once you get a ship there is approximately poo poo-all to do so you just crash it and punch the autism chariot slot machine again and see what you get.

Dreams.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

am i stupid? for some reason i keep going over this and still do not understand what is going on.

quote:

So to sum this up, one person buys a ship sends it to him, then does a charge back to their financial institution and he sends them a ship back which that criminal has now just obtained for free.

also i don't seem to understand how him melting his ships will let CIG to recoup funds.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Agrajag posted:

am i stupid? for some reason i keep going over this and still do not understand what is going on.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Uh so re: chargeback scams... I got this right?

No one criticize my drawing skills operating on a thin budget here

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Agrajag posted:

no, they buy ship, they gift to him, he melts and rebuys said ship with LTI (as he was an early backer and had access to LTI after the cut off date) and regifts to the backer, but he got a discount and pocketed the difference.

eg, give him 100 dollar ship, he melts, buys 85 dollar ship with LTI, give it to you, he keeps 15 dollar credit for himself as a tip

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ZenMaster posted:

Ha ha this is well worth it, you made me laugh anyway :)

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

Ha ha this is well worth it, you made me laugh anyway :)

:pgabz: :3: :pgabz:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ok now i'm lost at step 8 - 9.2

i don't see any criminality going on here. person gets a chargeback for the exact same amount he spent initially so that shouldn't be illegal. the hosed up downright scammy part is CIG wanting the money from the sucker because of the chargeback from the other guy.

edit: in fact i really don't see how CIG is involving the sucker in all this. scammer did chargeback and obviously CIG closes accounts after chargebacks so...

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 3, 2016

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

As I clip through the airlock on the Olisar deck,
I take a look at my wallet and realize there's nothing left
'Cause I've been buying so many JPEGs that
I can't feed myself, and I can't pay the rent

But I ain't never doubted CIG, they never deserve it.
Unconsensual PvP, you know they're banned words, man
You better watch where you're walkin, and who you're stalkin
Or you and your homies might clip through the floor.

Just spendin most our lives crashing in a griefer's paradise
It should come as no surprise they've engineered a griefer's paradise

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

This also tickled my funny boner

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

This also tickled my funny boner

I was inspired by your videos and this took way too long to make, I don't know how you do it. You're the real hero

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
A friend of mine just told me he saw a great game that we should play together.

It was Star Citizen.

I shuddered and explained him the error of his ways.

Thank you goons. Please post more, there are souls to be saved out there.

Also, :gary: be with you.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Posting to rescue Krakenwagen's post from memcache hell

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Daztek posted:

So I was looking at Star Citizen on wikipedia when I noticed that under platforms it said "Linux" which led me to this article:

PC gaming: Not just still alive, but still dominant, says PAX East panel

I had no idea this was a thing, I'll bet it's coming right after private servers :v:

Actually, a year after Chris personally said that they would definitely have a Linux version, he had a 10ftc where he basically completely changed his stance to "We're currently focusing on dx12 (which is not compatible with Linux in any shape or form) but if somebody else gets that working on Linux then we'll do a Linux release."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Agrajag posted:

ok now i'm lost at step 8 - 9.2

i don't see any criminality going on here. person gets a chargeback for the exact same amount he spent initially so that shouldn't be illegal. the hosed up downright scammy part is CIG wanting the money from the sucker because of the chargeback from the other guy.

edit: in fact i really don't see how CIG is involving the sucker in all this. scammer did chargeback and obviously CIG closes accounts after chargebacks so...

I think the term for what they are doing is "remaindering" his funds.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

ZenMaster posted:

I wonder if there is enough croberts audio out there to make a speech synthesizer out of his voice ala Roger Ebert. Could be useful!

EDIT: Why is the next page button not working?! caught up with the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Has anyone said Cloud Stimperium Games yet?

• Locked thread