Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A zombie show where the main character is a zombie? That's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

Actually Obama is guest starring on iZombie.

It's going to be a walk-in, he'll come up to Liv eating and be like THAT LOOKS GOOD, CAN I TRY SOME? and we'll all get a good laugh.
I thought that doctor actually sorta looks like him. But maybe my standards for identifying Obama have been lowered by countless political cartoons.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Air is lava! posted:

I thought that doctor actually sorta looks like him. But maybe my standards for identifying Obama have been lowered by countless political cartoons.

He had a very similar haircut and was graying the same way.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Major ... actually doing something smart? I am boggled.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

I don't understand how the murder victim's character wasn't the one being written out of Zombie High given that they were filming a scene where he was shot in the heart at point blank range. :confused:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The squib was in his shoulder, a wound television characters generally shrug off.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Picklepuss posted:

I don't understand how the murder victim's character wasn't the one being written out of Zombie High given that they were filming a scene where he was shot in the heart at point blank range. :confused:

I assume they would do the cliche "10% of people are born with the organs on the opposite sides of their body!" if it actually went that far.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rarity posted:

A zombie show where the main character is a zombie? That's dumb.

Why do they film in Portland if it's supposed to be set in Seattle? I've never understood that.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Why do they film in Portland if it's supposed to be set in Seattle? I've never understood that.

Vancouver. And they pretty much answered that in the episode.

The exchange rate is pretty favorable right now (and generally), too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

devoir posted:

The exchange rate is pretty favorable right now (and generally), too.

And if it's the same as another show I watched, they get amazing tax credits too.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

devoir posted:

:thejoke:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
The whole case this week was meta as gently caress but that's what made it amazing.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love how psyched Ravi gets when the new traits surface.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The acting workshop with Ravi and Liv scene was amazing.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Chokes McGee posted:

I think this was my favorite of the many amazing lines this episode.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Get the line right, then.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Slamhound posted:

I love how psyched Ravi gets when the new traits surface.
It was Clive helping himself to all the food, stuffing his pockets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I really like what they've done with Major personality wise.

Early on he seemed destined to be the boring, almost perfect former love archetype, like stupid Duncan Kane. Especially with that name. But the sense of humor they've given him has really made a difference. He's jokey and silly and it's a nice change of pace.

It's too bad he's completely and totally hosed.

Now on the other hand I hate the daughter/roommate. Not for anything in the show though, I can't stand her over acting. I'm sure it's supposed to be intentional because she's Du Clark's daughter, but she's no Steven Weber and doesn't pull it off.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I really like what they've done with Major personality wise.

Early on he seemed destined to be the boring, almost perfect former love archetype, like stupid Duncan Kane. Especially with that name. But the sense of humor they've given him has really made a difference. He's jokey and silly and it's a nice change of pace.

It's too bad he's completely and totally hosed.

Now on the other hand I hate the daughter/roommate. Not for anything in the show though, I can't stand her over acting. I'm sure it's supposed to be intentional because she's Du Clark's daughter, but she's no Steven Weber and doesn't pull it off.

It's really interesting, too, because you could see exactly where Duncan could have become a really interesting character in Veronica Mars. There's that episode where he stops taking his antidepressants, realizes just how hosed up his family really is, and then goes back on as a kind of denial, while VM keeps chasing the truth, but it's obvious that he could have become a force kinda similar to Major.

I like Gilda, she's a kind of pulpy femme fatale archetype but one who also seems a lot smarter than everyone around her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Duncan could never be a good character because Teddy Dunn is an absolute poo poo actor and even he knew it which is why he's a lawyer now.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He also would have had to go up against Logan, and that was a fight he was basically never going to win. Or, indeed, anyone was ever going to win.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Duncan could never be a good character because Teddy Dunn is an absolute poo poo actor and even he knew it which is why he's a lawyer now.

Jason Dohring is loving awful too but Logan was entertaining.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Jason Dohring is loving awful too but Logan was entertaining.

At least he had some emotional range!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

He also would have had to go up against Logan, and that was a fight he was basically never going to win. Or, indeed, anyone was ever going to win.

I don't think the show creators knew this even after the first episode. "Jason Dohring originally auditioned for Duncan and Teddy Dunn read for Logan. Throughout the show, to keep fans from confusing the two characters, the stars were color-coded. Seriously — Duncan always wore blue and Logan always wore earth tones."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't think the show creators knew this even after the first episode. "Jason Dohring originally auditioned for Duncan and Teddy Dunn read for Logan. Throughout the show, to keep fans from confusing the two characters, the stars were color-coded. Seriously — Duncan always wore blue and Logan always wore earth tones."

Oh man, like Power Rangers!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I love it how Peyton has picked up the majorly boned position that Major has slowly crawled out of.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

M_Gargantua posted:

I love it how Peyton has picked up the majorly boned position that Major has slowly crawled out of.

Yea hahaha. Plot moved a ton tonight. The Kristen Bell "cameo" was amazing.

Poor Minor :(

Bouncer guy is totally going to get killed, just like Liv's last boyfriend. Blaine will probably be the one who kills him too, either directly or indirectly :v:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

So many fantastic one-liners and the kristen bell thing was great. This show is top notch every week

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Liv :stare:

Liv :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Liv :stwoon:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Major leaving Minor on the bus was the saddest scene of the series.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

Major leaving Minor on the bus was the saddest scene of the series.

I 100% thought he was going to kill the dog the bury him somewhere. I am very glad I was wrong.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Gif wall!

Obligatory downer of a moment made more so in black and white:

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

Obligatory downer of a moment made more so in black and white:

This will be the new "Fry's dog waiting for him at Panucci's Pizza".

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I guess the important question is whether Blaine used protection.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Oasx posted:

He's still technically "Cured" right now though so Peyton's probably fine.

Probably :ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Oasx posted:

Ravi explicitly proved that this question is a bit more second nature.
But It would suck to get pregnant this way.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I

DarklyDreaming posted:

He's still technically "Cured" right now though so Peyton's probably fine.

Probably :ohdear:

if the evil redhead isn't zombified by now, Peyton's probably fine.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

Does anyone know the song playing at the end of the episode?
It really reminds me of the song from S1 of True Detective. To me it had the same feel to it.

• Locked thread