Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AugmentedVision posted:

Yeah but you're still a fuckin' nerd that could literally be a successful business owner if you spent the same effort you spend on Internet spreadsheets on IRL spreadsheets.

I'm classified by the IRS as a 'Highly compensated Employee'.

I also fled Eve Online after monaclegate, so wind your neck in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

fuzzknot posted:

I don't like the way the thread is going. gently caress it; I'm posting a knitting pattern.

COMPO HAT (named for the character on Last of the Summer Wine who wore a hat just like it)

Skill Level:
Advanced Intermediate

Materials:
Needles: 16" #8 circular needle (optional)
set of 4 #8 double pointed needles
cable needle
Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sage
Other Materials: 1 place marker

Gauge:
~6 stitches per inch in pattern
6 rows per inch in pattern

Stitch Explanation:
K—knit
P—purl
st(s)—stitch(es)

Pattern:

Cast on 112 sts and join, being careful not to twist work. Place marker to indicate end of round. Work in K1 P1 rib for 3 inches.

Begin chart.

This is the legend to the charts above and below.

After the fourth cable twist, begin decreases. On the chart for the decreases, I included the fourth cable twist to use as a reference point. The last cable twist, near the top of the chart, is the seventh cable twist.

When decrease chart is completed, break yarn and weave through remaining 8 sts.

Weave in loose ends; block. Fold brim up.

I don't know what any of those words or diagrams mean but I like the hat.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Hav posted:

I'm classified by the IRS as a 'Highly compensated Employee'.

I also fled Eve Online after monaclegate, so wind your neck in.

"Highly compensating" I think you mean

arf

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Mice with joysticks on them, whatever will they think of next eh

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

AP posted:

:jerky:

Person A buys something, uses a method CIG approved, knew about and encouraged for marketing reasons to bypass a restriction on LTI that CIG put in, also for marketing reasons, to gift the item to Person B, Person B melts the item, buys a LTI version and gifts it back to person A.

Years pass.

Person A tries to get a refund as there's no sodding game as promised, gets told he can't as only has gifted ships. Person A does a chargeback, account gets closed, Person B gets hit with the bill for the chargeback despite not having the item (might have received a few credits tip from person A at most due to the lower cost some LTI items due to CIG marketing reasons).

:lesnick: says it's person B's fault, obviously.

This is probably what actually happened but try putting on your CIG glasses. Remember, they do not refund you (when they did refunds) for gifts on your account.

Person B melted the specific package that was actually purchased and they derived all the benefits from having it. Once the chargeback has occured this package needs to either be deleted or paid for and person B derived all the benefits of that specific package.

CIG stop caring at this point and do not even want to acknowledge the existence of a grey market. Just because person B gave some different stuff away to people that may or may not be person A, this does not interest them at all.

From CIG perspective, as soon as person B says they received the package from person A then CIG are saying they should seek a refund for that transaction. The later transaction from person B to person A involves a completely different item of no consequence to them and is completely irrelevant. The "item" is even considered worthless by them and their own refund policy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mendrian posted:

You see this Eve narrative over on Reddit all the time. You know it, you've seen it before - Goons ruined Eve. I don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me?

Like I get the gist. Goonswarm was a huge, cheap fleet that could lock down entire sectors and destroy important convoys. But I feel like without the adversity none of the really clever stories you hear about Eve even beyond this forum would have ever happened. I feel like it would have been a lot of spergs trying to push top tier ships for its own sake - presumably for Eve's absolutely riveting PvE?

Eve is a game that benefited from its scale and it's wild-west atmosphere. Without those things it would have been a mastubatory exercise and I'll never understand why people still curse goons for making a lackluster game relevant.

One of the "Goons ruined EVE" argument that can be made was that at a time Goons lead a coalition (a bunch of different guilds under one banner) that controlled half the conquerable map. The other half was controlled by an opposing group, and for like 18 months or so (maybe shorter I forget), they didn't do much of anything. They didn't invade or attack one another's space, they just sort of sat around and farmed. It, to some folks, crippled Nullsec's sov warfare for a while. That's the only feasible event I can really think of that would come close to "Goons ruined EVE", they refused to fight the other guys and just sat holed up for around a year and both sides set up rental empires (people who pay in-game money to PVE in their space).

It's not entirely GoonSwarms fault mind you, but they were at least part of the stagnation at that time.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Mice with joysticks on them, whatever will they think of next eh

The tilt function is nice, but I may never be able to go back to a mouse without a thumbstick.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Fuzzy Modem posted:

The description of Sandi I hear from DS and other corners is so at odds with the person I know as to be extremely suspect.

That being said, I'm sure I have known terrible people without realizing they were terrible, but no, I do not believe Sandi- look, she would have to have, like, a split personality, which is possible, but pretty unlikely. I'm very done talking about it now. The Sandi bashing is the reason I DONT like this thread. I have nothing further to say on the matter.

I love this. Please never stop posting.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fuzzy Modem posted:

The tilt function is nice, but I may never be able to go back to a mouse without a thumbstick.

I don't blame you man

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fuzzy Modem posted:

This might become a problem when unsold Lexip stock runs out

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
In other news...
...a completed sequel to another finished game, XCOM2, is ready to pre-load on steam and comes in at 24.7GB!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I mean it looks solid enough but I wouldn't expect five years' mileage of it

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't know what any of those words or diagrams mean but I like the hat.

Thank you. Learn to knit, and it'll make perfect sense. It'll be a better use of your time, AND you'll have a nifty hat. I've made this one several times in different colors. Bootcha has a navy one, I made a burgundy one for his cousin, I made a loden one for a former coworker, a maroon one for a friend, etc. It is a good hatte.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

MeLKoR posted:

The only thing they could do to fix this mess is nothing. If they make you liable for other people's chargebacks then they just killed the economy even before it was designed. People can buy ingame credits with money which means you can't trade for anything because otherwise the credits/goods you are getting might be charged back and you end up footing the bill.

I just figured it out. The economy is in the game it's what we have in 2.0 and 2.1 and on the forums. This is Chris Roberts' vision for the economy of star citizen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Incombibulator posted:

In other news...
...a completed sequel to another finished game, XCOM2, is ready to pre-load on steam and comes in at 24.7GB!

Off to buy yet another usb stick I guess

Valve's gotta take a cut off those

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

I'm the hands desperately trying to hold on.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

crossfit in space

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

ZenMaster posted:

Wait what game?

Another goon might be making a parody star citizen game that'll use those two ships and some other goon assets. I don't want to steal his (her?) thunder by saying too much or anything though.

Look for something in... Two weeks.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This might become a problem when unsold Lexip stock runs out

I know, I'm kinda tempted to buy another one, just as a backup.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Funny mouses:

The OpenOffice Mouse:

The Mad Catz Cyborg M.M.O:

Not really a mouse but I'm pretty sad this is a mod and not a released product:

E: Also my personal favorite the Logitech M570:

It's pretty expensive but you can get refurbished ones for $30 shipped

Only in :911: though and they're not always in stock

Scratch that, they're $26 now on Amazon apparently

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 3, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
something something laundering funds something something nepotism and putting SC in maintenance modus.

See this is how real development should be done.

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 3, 2016

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Modem posted:

The description of Sandi I hear from DS and other corners is so at odds with the person I know as to be extremely suspect.

That being said, I'm sure I have known terrible people without realizing they were terrible, but no, I do not believe Sandi- look, she would have to have, like, a split personality, which is possible, but pretty unlikely. I'm very done talking about it now. The Sandi bashing is the reason I DONT like this thread. I have nothing further to say on the matter.
I am personally, in real life, pretty much a selfish piece of poo poo. I am not a good person. I make decisions without really considering other people, or if I do consider them it's briefly because frankly I don't care. If people question me on my bad selfish decisions I'll often lie because it's easier to make an excuse than it is to have a discussion about why you skipped so and so's birthday, or this event, etc.

Professionally I am in sales. People love me. People think I'm the nicest person in the world. A real straight shooter.

This isn't some metaphor, I'm just trying to point out that your rationale here is completed hosed, I'm the real deal. The greatest trick an rear end in a top hat ever pulled is convincing the world they are a nice person. And guess what, there's a lot of us out there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Funny mouses:

The OpenOffice Mouse:

Not really a mouse but I'm pretty sad this is a mod and not a released product:

Look at these Human Interface Peripherals

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

I actually own a Cyborg MMO, would advise everyone to buy.
Best darn mouse out there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

something something laundering funds something something nepotism and putting SC in maintenance modus.

See this is how real development should be done.

Well as long as Sean is working on EVA then that's all OK with me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dude there is like a guy in this very thread that has already told us what the optimal human interface device is and it's not yours, does your have a joystick on it?
I bet you don't even have a tilt function

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

Thank you. Learn to knit, and it'll make perfect sense. It'll be a better use of your time, AND you'll have a nifty hat. I've made this one several times in different colors. Bootcha has a navy one, I made a burgundy one for his cousin, I made a loden one for a former coworker, a maroon one for a friend, etc. It is a good hatte.

How do you know Last of the Summer Wine? That's got to be some effing vertical knowledge of British Comedy, or you have tea running in your veins.

If the fourth Stimpire made a mouse....

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

no, that's the MX518/G400S :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The Internet told me quality control is an issue

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

That mouse looks like something Bart Simpson came up with.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Dude there is like a guy in this very thread that has already told us what the optimal human interface device is and it's not yours, does your have a joystick on it?
I bet you don't even have a tilt function
But.. it has LED's and stuff....

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Fuzzy Modem posted:

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2

Star Citizen's flight model is far superior, to say nothing of its quality in other areas.

Hi. If you like Star Citizen, please play Space Trader: Merchant Marine. :)

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

The Internet told me quality control is an issue

I'm guessing you're something like an acquired taste :smuggo:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I want a flight stick with a little mouse on it, and that also has an even tinier thumbstick on it.

Like Inception but with interface devices.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The cig forums were going nuts earlier because they thought some special surprise was coming. Along with that, many are speculating 3 ships, a couple new guns, new eva mechanics, and shopping with some level of persistence.

Yeah, good luck with that.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Do not be distracted by this nonsense
Do not be distracted by the hilarious gifs of the broken game that they are now making a New TV show out of to show the horde they are working on fixing the game.

Instead look behind door number three, where the facts that:

3 directors of CIG Manchester (In the heart of Wilmslow Cheshire) have public share holdings in a company that has just had 15 million dollars shipped into it.
One is a Roberts the other a lifelong childhood friend and the other an ex prominent member of staff at Gizmondo. Not to mention the whole thing has been actioned by the new CFO another childhood friend and ex CFO of Gizmondo Europe. Its all right there in black and white.

There is an Astin martin garage very close to the office i will be watching the clientele closely .........
:vince:

CaughtUpWithTheThread.gif

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Colostomy Bag posted:

The cig forums were going nuts earlier because they thought some special surprise was coming. Along with that, many are speculating 3 ships, a couple new guns, new eva mechanics, and shopping with some level of persistence.

Yeah, good luck with that.

There is a special surprise coming alright......

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Hav posted:

How do you know Last of the Summer Wine? That's got to be some effing vertical knowledge of British Comedy, or you have tea running in your veins.

It used to air on the PBS block of Britcoms on Saturday night. My dad especially got really into it and got as many as he could find on DVD. The tea thing is probably accurate, too, as Bootcha can attest. I turn into a homicidal sociopath without adequate tea, which is probably why he gave me a giant box each of English breakfast and Irish breakfast for Christmas.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

EightAce posted:

There is a special surprise coming alright......

This thread always gives me blueballs. :f5:

edit: \/\/\/ That's my mouse! I had to sand off the rubber like texture on the black side parts, because it was really annoying me. The paint is coming off the chrome parts too, that'll have to go eventually as well. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

no, that's the MX518/G400S :colbert:

this thing is seriously underwhelming

where's the scope creep?

• Locked thread