Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

It used to air on the PBS block of Britcoms on Saturday night. My dad especially got really into it and got as many as he could find on DVD. The tea thing is probably accurate, too, as Bootcha can attest. I turn into a homicidal sociopath without adequate tea, which is probably why he gave me a giant box each of English breakfast and Irish breakfast for Christmas.

Do you boil it first or just munch it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

KiddieGrinder posted:

I want a flight stick with a little mouse on it, and that also has an even tinier thumbstick on it.

Like Inception but with interface devices.

The CH Throttle can do something very similar

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

See this is how real development should be done.

I disagree. Spitting out versions just for the sake of spitting out a version without any relevant updates is not really how real development should be done.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

EightAce posted:

There is a special surprise coming alright......

Oh you tease :love:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Well as long as Sean is working on EVA then that's all OK with me

He might work on it, or he might just not bother. Depends how he feels really.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ZenMaster posted:

Oh, so I am NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN. It took 3 days... 3 freaking days to cut this together...

:siren: https://sendvid.com/yucw76yl :siren:

Just to make someone possibly laugh on the internet. I need help.

Well I laughed...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

this thing is seriously underwhelming

where's the scope creep?

Oh you're looking for the stretch-goal version. It's right over here:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

stinch posted:

He might work on it, or he might just not bother. Depends how he feels really.

Depends also if he has a bicycle accident or not, otherwise coding might come to a standstill. :ohdear:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Add 12 buttons each for my other four fingers and you got yourself a customer

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

darkarchon posted:

I disagree. Spitting out versions just for the sake of spitting out a version without any relevant updates is not really how real development should be done.

Clearly you don't know anything about game development

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

something something laundering funds something something nepotism and putting SC in maintenance modus.

Haha, OK, so instead of calling them nightly/weekly/monthly builds like they technically are, they slap arbitrary version numbers on them so the progress seems more impressive or something?

Rudager fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 3, 2016

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Daztek posted:

Clearly you don't know anything about game development

Clearly I have never developed anything and do not have any knowledge in C# or similarly OOP-based programming languages.

Rudager posted:

Haha, OK, so instead of calling them nightly/weekly/monthly builds like they technically are, they slap arbitrary version numbers on the progress seem more impressive or something?

It's a great idea really, spergs think they will get a major version update, CIG just rubs their hands and is glad major revisions of a version just come this cheap. But what are versions, eh

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Rudager posted:

Haha, OK, so instead of calling them nightly/weekly/monthly builds like they technically are, they slap arbitrary version numbers on the progress seem more impressive or something?

What are you talking about? How many games out there give you 30GB patches worth of content? Even better weekly!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Do you boil it first or just munch it down

It's not tea if the water doesn't boil first. Bootcha also gave me a small electric kettle to keep in my desk so I'm not reduced to drinking microwave tea at work. :3:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like how in this new revolutionary model of development, if they say a certain date, why don't they just give the drat date?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

something something laundering funds something something nepotism and putting SC in maintenance modus.

Don't worry guys, there's no feature list because we will just release everything that's finished when our fixed patch release date rolls around.

Also we can't tell you when the patch will arrive because we don't have a fixed patch release date.

EightAce posted:

Surely CIG aren't going to announce something bad prior to the release of SQ42?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I know, I'm kinda tempted to buy another one, just as a backup.

Pro move imo if you get it for ~$50

ebay has sold 20 of them for $90

they won't get cheaper with time

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

DOMDOM posted:

I am personally, in real life, pretty much a selfish piece of poo poo. I am not a good person. I make decisions without really considering other people, or if I do consider them it's briefly because frankly I don't care. If people question me on my bad selfish decisions I'll often lie because it's easier to make an excuse than it is to have a discussion about why you skipped so and so's birthday, or this event, etc.

Professionally I am in sales. People love me. People think I'm the nicest person in the world. A real straight shooter.

This isn't some metaphor, I'm just trying to point out that your rationale here is completed hosed, I'm the real deal. The greatest trick an rear end in a top hat ever pulled is convincing the world they are a nice person. And guess what, there's a lot of us out there.

Yes there are. Unless this guy pulled a Kylo Ren mind rape, he does not "know" Sandi. I've worked with people for years, and not a single one "knows" me.

I extract great enjoyment when I watch people mentally link multiple unrelated concepts into a cohesive whole, or in other words, "delude themselves."

You could easily say that Sandi is a garbage person, but I like spaceships and I'm looking forward to Star Citizen. You could say that Sandi is actually great, but the game looks like it'll probably collapse because Chris is running it into the ground. Or you could say, Chris is doing a great job, and I feel for the guy's difficulties, but the game looks like it's in danger of failure.

But no! All thoughts must be linked, therefore Sandi is great, Chris is great, I love spaceships, and Star Citizen will be awesome. This is why you can't get through to some people. Until they can decouple independent concepts, you have to either bring them over wholesale, or let them muck around in their own poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

darkarchon posted:

Clearly I have never developed anything and do not have any knowledge in C# or similarly OOP-based programming languages.

It's a great idea really, spergs think they will get a major version update, CIG just rubs their hands and is glad major revisions of a version just come this cheap. But what are versions, eh

At this rate with their versioning number scheme they'll catch up to Firefox or Chrome.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rudager posted:

Haha, OK, so instead of calling them nightly/weekly/monthly builds like they technically are, they slap arbitrary version numbers on them so the progress seems more impressive or something?

Looks like it. This isn't something that warrants patch number increments but then again they are using "alpha" and "game" when its not really warranted either.

ps they are doing it this way so that when Elite hits the time for their scheduled 3.0 expansion they'll be at or near the same number.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

KiddieGrinder posted:

Depends also if he has a bicycle accident or not, otherwise coding might come to a standstill. :ohdear:

No. That's the beauty of the new strategy. Even if the whole company has a bicycle accident the new automated system will push out a patch right on schedule.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KiddieGrinder posted:

I want a flight stick with a little mouse on it, and that also has an even tinier thumbstick on it.

Like Inception but with interface devices.

I was hoping the Star Citizen branded joystick would have a touchpad in place of a hat. I think it does have a trackball though, but that's just not the same. I still don't have a good solution for firing gimbaled weapons while orienting with a different axis.

Add 12 buttons each for my other four fingers and you got yourself a customer

The G600 is what I upgraded from. I love the thumb buttons, as you can tell which one your finger is on just from the angle, but I never ended using them for anything other than awsd when running from place to place in Skyrim and Fallout 4 while eating with my left hand.

Really, really good mouse though. Sure comfortable, and you can map the far right alt to a real actual third mouse button.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

DOMDOM posted:

I am personally, in real life, pretty much a selfish piece of poo poo. I am not a good person. I make decisions without really considering other people, or if I do consider them it's briefly because frankly I don't care. If people question me on my bad selfish decisions I'll often lie because it's easier to make an excuse than it is to have a discussion about why you skipped so and so's birthday, or this event, etc.

Professionally I am in sales. People love me. People think I'm the nicest person in the world. A real straight shooter.

This isn't some metaphor, I'm just trying to point out that your rationale here is completed hosed, I'm the real deal. The greatest trick an rear end in a top hat ever pulled is convincing the world they are a nice person. And guess what, there's a lot of us out there.

What I'm really trying to isolate is what is Fuzzy Modem's investment in Sandi? I think it has to go deeper than "I don't want to admit I could have been fooled" because lately I think we all know the fallibility of humans' ability to judge other humans.

I don't even know what conclusions those emails make apparent, I haven't read them in a while but I was honestly a little disappointed Beer didn't get much more of a rise out of her. You can quote it endlessly with no context for giggles but there was no meltdown. She's obviously never doubted herself and as a likely consequence quickly banged out her responses to Beer without much of a second look, so there are some bad phrases. If you want, ignore all the other rumors because if they're true, Star Citizen will probably go tits up and those rumors can be confirmed, or not, at that time.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

At this rate with their versioning number scheme they'll catch up to Firefox or Chrome.

Given what they brought out as "StarCitizen 1.0" I cannot even disagree.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nation posted:

You are purposefully ignorant, have not answered one legitimate question and sound like a oval office

e: I gave you the opportunity to convince me to like SC and instead you attacked me personally.

The game's always between you and getting called a oval office. That dropped eye of yours looks like the hood on a oval office to me, Jack. When you talk, your mouth looks like a oval office moving. But you will run your oval office mouth at me. And I will take it, to play Star Citizen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Previously they waited until features were available to release. Then the FPS module was delayed over and over again and it was several months before they posted any kind of substantial update.

Be happy Citizen!

Beet Wagon posted:

I own this and it loving rocks. Of course I have giant hands so I needed a correspondingly large mouse.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DOMDOM posted:

badass psychopath spotted don't mess :allears:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
"

EightAce fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 3, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Cool! If you can't find the drivers and control panel let me know. I have the most recent.

---

So I have read the responses to my trailer, and the problem is that now I HAVE to fix things, like removing those benches and trash cans, or they will bother me forever. I've taken a lot of feedback (including here in SA, though it's not the best place for constructive criticism) and the film is much better for it (the footage from the trailer is now quite dated) but its time to be done. I had two last vfx shots to finish while my audio guy finishes up foley and ADR, now I have three including the benches and trash cans, which it still quite dooable, but I'm not taking any more feedback. Nothing personal toward anyone here. It's bizarre to say that if you have a great idea for improvement, don't point it out of I will feel the need to fix it, but yeah. There it is.

As an example of how much great feedback improves my work though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bv92PeukRM

They say that a camel is a horse designed by committee, but in this case, the best ideas were obviously not my own.

Those curious about Shotgun, there are some screen caps in that video btw.

---

I'll be peeking my head back into this thread now and then, but it moves fast, so if I don't respond to anyone, again, please don't take it personally.

how can his sister be two months older?

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Previously they waited until features were available to release. Then the FPS module was delayed over and over again and it was several months before they posted any kind of substantial update.

Be happy Citizen!

I don't see any substantial feature releases in the next few months given StarMarine was already released and was always in our hearts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

stinch posted:

No. That's the beauty of the new strategy. Even if the whole company has a bicycle accident the new automated system will push out a patch right on schedule.

Has Roberts coined a term for his newly invented strategy that will forever change the industry? I tried searching for Active Automated Tactile Development but that wasn't it.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Hahaha. So it's basically a confirmed free-for-all with no actual development plan or milestones in place?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ramadu posted:

WHat kind of monster isn't a Doobie supporter????

Negroes.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ZenMaster posted:

how can his sister be two months older?

Maybe they're twins but one is two months premature. That can happen, right? The PTU was four years premature, but the sister game SQ42 should be right on schedule. Both are congenitally defective, though.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Has Roberts coined a term for his newly invented strategy that will forever change the industry? I tried searching for Active Automated Tactile Development but that wasn't it.

Active Interactive Development System?

"We here at CIG have A.I.D.S, do you?"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

blueberrysmith posted:

Hahaha. So it's basically a confirmed free-for-all with no actual development plan or milestones in place?

Open development is defined as not telling anyone what you're working on or when you're releasing it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

blueberrysmith posted:

It didn't come from the mouth of Chris Roberts, therefore it is just someone's opinion and in no way meant as an official statement.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

you mentioned that CIG was putting their dev resources into something completely stupid and pointless, even for them

its the ps4 version isnt it?

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

fuctifino posted:

It didn't come from the mouth of Chris Roberts, therefore it is just someone's opinion and in no way meant as an official statement.

Decent point. Also I should take comfort in the fact that Sean's working on EVA. We're all protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this thing is seriously underwhelming

where's the scope creep?

That is truly the best mouse ever made, too bad they discontinued it and replaced it with a lesser mouse.

• Locked thread