Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If we wanted to go for a Batman: Phantasm style twist, the killer could be Hank's love-interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Killer is Kim with a mask.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Killerman is Killerman you silly billies.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Knife bear with his knife super power.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Okay, some thoughts:

- Since Hank got Ned's room, Dean got the guest room. Which over time turned in to Sally's room because you take a guess.
- I figure that Monarch's new henchman is either a) Actually fixing up the house in a weirdly predictable set up, or b) Contracted by Gary to build the new Cocoon in a twist to be revealed in the season finale.
- I figure that the Monarch is just one suspect who could be killing villains. I could also see The Pirate Captain being it, as he wants to set himself in positions to sate his Tranquilizer addiction, and rob to feed it. At this point, I would almost expect that Pete is stealing Doc's identity and killing villains for some sort of profit. Not because of any vendetta or desire to bring down Doc, but because it was convenient, and the likely argument that 'He probably owes us anyway'.

Otherwise, Venture Bros as gently caress, good or bad.

Except none of those people look like Rusty. The only options for who that person could be are Rusty, The Monarch, or a third unknown person.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cojawfee posted:

Except none of those people look like Rusty. The only options for who that person could be are Rusty, The Monarch, or a third unknown person.

I mean, at some point, after cloning his kids - wouldn't Rusty have a clone of himself as a backup?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Red posted:

I mean, at some point, after cloning his kids - wouldn't Rusty have a clone of himself as a backup?

Rusty doesn't have a learning bed, he sleeps in a normal bed.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The clones age in close to real time. That's why he couldn't restart the boys-cloning after all the old ones got wiped out. So the only way you could get a rusty clone is if he ended up a lot younger or he started the process long, long ago and forgot about it.

And the clone wasn't in one of the areas of the house that were burnt down or lost power when he stopped paying his bills.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So it sounds like if the Guild-killer is a Rusty clone, it'd be an amalgamation of Scourge and Kaine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would be cool if Jonas had made a rusty clone just in case and it got out at some point.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It would be cool if Jonas had made a rusty clone just in case and it got out at some point.

I assumed because of the balding that Reco was just that: a genetically engineered Rusty clone gone awry.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cojawfee posted:

Masks and fake beards are things, Cojawfee

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The thing that i really love about the Monarch is that while every other villain is doing what they are doing out of lust for power, money, God & country, whatever, the Monarch is just doing it because he feels it deep down in his core, and the times in the show when the bumbling nerd is comepletely shunted and The Mighty Monarch is just a stone-cold super villain badass are the best parts of the show. regardless of whatever develops, I can't imagine that the climax of this show is anything other than Rusty and the Monarch duking it out mano a mano, preferably on top of Ven-Tech industries in the rain. Super serious music, heavy atmosphere, and the most brutal slap fight ever, full of purple nurples and eyebrow tugging.

Rusty would not have ever cloned himself due to his very special kind of arrogance. I can almost hear James Urbaniak say "How can you improve on... *motions hand towards his own speedsuit clad frame* perfection?"

Then again, maybe he needed another kidney after their trip to Mexico and he just cloned himself, took all the organs and put them on ice. THAT sounds like something he'd do.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Then again, maybe he needed another kidney after their trip to Mexico and he just cloned himself, took all the organs and put them on ice. THAT sounds like something he'd do.

That, and if old Ben has a monkey Venture clone, who's to say Jonas Sr. didn't toy around with cloning little Rusty?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want it to be a clone now. Like a new JJ type character but evil. He was locked away for years and is angry that he never got to be the real rusty. He can't join any real groups because they would immediately suspect that he's Rusty (which he technically is). Now he wants to be a super hero maybe and kills villains because he doesn't have to follow any rules.

Doesn't explain the large sidekick though. I think I'm switching to team Monarch.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Doesn't explain the large sidekick though. I think I'm switching to team Monarch.

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but - working for you and The Monarch? Pretty much the same thing.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

I want it to be a clone now. Like a new JJ type character but evil. He was locked away for years and is angry that he never got to be the real rusty. He can't join any real groups because they would immediately suspect that he's Rusty (which he technically is). Now he wants to be a super hero maybe and kills villains because he doesn't have to follow any rules.

The only downside is that they did a similar storyline in Perchance to Dean already.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If it is a clone, i doubt it'll be one that Rusty made, but I think the storyline that is the most fun is that it's the Monarch & Gary, and the guys at Astrobase always try to have fun.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think that has the best chance of being hilarious. Rusty turning himself into a batman type hero could be interesting but I don't know how well it would work. The Monarch on the other hand could be super good. He goes through a bunch of effort to turn himself into a super hero that looks exactly like Rusty Venture. He's got the Venture blue color for his costume, he's got Rusty's beard. Except no one figures it out. He does everything he can to make people think he's Dr. Venture but no one seems to get it. This leads to him getting more and more angry and he starts killing villains.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was re-watching Season 6 trailer on a whim and I caught this scene of Monarch picking a dark blue coat from a closet.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
What if it was a Hush type scenario with yet another super scientist colleague he hosed over in the past since we're all theory crafting with toilet paper tubes here?

fspades posted:

I was re-watching Season 6 trailer on a whim and I caught this scene of Monarch picking a dark blue coat from a closet.

drat good eye.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I think that has the best chance of being hilarious. Rusty turning himself into a batman type hero could be interesting but I don't know how well it would work. The Monarch on the other hand could be super good. He goes through a bunch of effort to turn himself into a super hero that looks exactly like Rusty Venture. He's got the Venture blue color for his costume, he's got Rusty's beard. Except no one figures it out. He does everything he can to make people think he's Dr. Venture but no one seems to get it. This leads to him getting more and more angry and he starts killing villains.

This seems plausible. My thoughts on this are, if Monarch is the killer, he'd be doing it in disguise to hide it from Dr. Mrs. His Wife, as exclusive arching rights have been signed over officially by the guild.

His extreme hatred of Venture and jealousy over other villains arching HIS ARCH-ENEMY provides ample motive to kill anyone else sent to arch Venture, in which his disguise and likeness of Rusty leads to believe people thinking Venture is killing everyone like you said.

I imagine Wide While is a level-10, Kingpin esque villain, I could see him sending lower level villains to arch Venture in his stead could be off'd by the Monarch. None of this has happened yet, probably wont ever. Can't wait till the next episode!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't catch the horrible noise coming from Wide Wale was from his corduroy pants, not because of some horrible deformity on his part.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Definitely think it will be funny to have Monarch set up an alter-alter-ego to off some super-villains (to hide from Dr. Mrs.) and to have the press laud Rusty as a savior for cleaning up the streets. Making Doc a dickbag for taking credit, and Monarch insane(er) with fury(er) that Doc is getting credit for his kills.

Gonna be a good season.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Re watching that trailer, Monarch asking his wife to bump up his level now makes total sense. I know we have been fake out trailer before, but I'm really leaning heaving Monarch is that killer.

Hell in that trailer you seem him get shoved by Wide Whale, probably Monarch not too happy with the news.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 3, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Just caught up with the new episode and I'm off to watch it again. God it's good to have the half Swedish, quarter Polish, quarter Winnebago murder machine back where he belongs.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 3, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Just caught up with the new episode and I'm off to watch it again. God it's good to have the half-Winnebago murder machine back where he belongs.

And to have him possibly be over his head for once.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

With Brock back with the Ventures, are we going to see any Shore Leave?

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

I spotted Shore Leave disguised as Brock with two fake Ventures Bros, so we'll at least get a little Shore Leave

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

If Brock is outgunned in NYC, I'm sure he'll call for backup.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Red posted:

If Brock is outgunned in NYC, I'm sure he'll call for backup.

And as we know, when OSI hears one of it's baby chicks is in trouble, momma comes a runnin' and a squakin' and a runnin'.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

JD posted:

I spotted Shore Leave disguised as Brock with two fake Ventures Bros, so we'll at least get a little Shore Leave

Oh yeah, I kind of put that out of my mind. I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy whatever is thrown at me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

Oh yeah, I kind of put that out of my mind. I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy whatever is thrown at me.

This is the way to do it.

There are no bad episodes of VB - I love the Lincoln/State Dinner episode, even if the rest of you don't.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Red posted:

This is the way to do it.

There are no bad episodes of VB - I love the Lincoln/State Dinner episode, even if the rest of you don't.

That episode has some really great quotes people are just haters :colbert:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

State Dinner is GREAT, the only reason why it seems bad is because it's in the middle of a season that's packed with fantastic episodes. Seriously, look at this list of season 2 episodes:

Powerless in the Face of Death
Hate Floats
Assassinanny 911
Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II
Twenty Years to Midnight
Victor. Echo. November
Love-Bheits
Fallen Arches
Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner?
I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills
¡Viva Los Muertos!
Showdown at Cremation Creek Pt. I & II

If I'm making a top 10 list of Venture Brothers Episodes, like half of the spots are going to Season 2 episodes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Zasze posted:

That episode has some really great quotes people are just haters :colbert:

All you need is a little club soda, it'll wash everything out.

I love it because of Ghost Abe. Bud was just a dud but he's always been a dud.

Granted he did have one good quote.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I like the fact the Crusaders where all defeated when they found out Doc had OSI protection. Like he's too important for us to protect.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
The only episode that I don't like is the Twenty Years to Midnight. The whole IGNORE ME!!! just gets on my nerves. It's so loud etc etc. It was well received in the thread, but gah. I don't even really remember what happens because the grand inquisitor is just soo jarring.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The concept of "IGNORE ME" is very hilarious. The implementation where it sounds like the microphone is peaking is crap and it hurts my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

Re watching that trailer, Monarch asking his wife to bump up his level now makes total sense. I know we have been fake out trailer before, but I'm really leaning heaving Monarch is that killer.

I was just going to say that. I've been wondering what that was about--was it some inside joke between them, some role-playing thing?

Nope. It was strictly costumed business.