Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I tried to watch an INN episode but all I could think of is how much money these idiots have lost to Croberts and kids in Jr. high school looking for lunch money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Sarsapariller posted:

My secret sources inform me that Chris will make a bad decision, Sandi will do something unbelievably narcissistic, and Ben will deflect criticism. The next time any of those things happen- just remember, you heard about it here first. I would be more specific but lives hang in the balance.

:captainpop: I've heard that Only Platinum users can read this comment - that will be the end of all whales as we know them.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

my insider sources at CIG (my uncle, he works there) tell me that Star Citizen is a bad game

can't say any more or they'll figure out who i am

loose lips sink jpgs

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sarsapariller posted:

My secret sources inform me that Chris will make a bad decision, Sandi will do something unbelievably narcissistic, and Ben will deflect criticism. The next time any of those things happen- just remember, you heard about it here first. I would be more specific but lives hang in the balance.

there's something big coming up I can smell it it's ben

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Phi230 posted:

Can't say no when you're making everything: the game. Especially when you're trying to cater to the core merman demographic.

Yeah, it's a constant parade of laughs over at the official forums reading ideas. I only post the more outlandish ones. It will be hard to top cattle rancher/plant gene splicer/soil tester one.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

I already posted about this here and here. To anyone who's been paying attention, none of this should come as a surprise. This project, as pitched, will never see the light of day. Period.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I see the lack of bids has forced the beloved contest-winner-turned-dev to chop a thousand pounds off his ridiculously overpriced, storage-free space heater with custom vinyl stickers you can't get anywhere else (except at any place with a vinyl cutter, like my local library.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarCitizen-Official-Unique-AMD-based-system-TNGS-1st-prize-/161963648949

Looks like Dolvak may get the case of his dreams after all!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This shitposting would be without redemption if it weren't for the people scouring every post looking for things that offend them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Booblord Zagats posted:

I tried to watch an INN episode but all I could think of is how much money these idiots have lost to Croberts and kids in Jr. high school looking for lunch money

I tried to watch one but I can't stand Dolvak's voice and pudgitude

That Erris though... totally would

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Guys, I have special insider info about CIG.

A bad thing is going to happen. Soon.

I know right?

I appreciate the "insider view" as much as the next person, but gently caress me, if it isn't a whole bunch of CR hand waving and sweaty vague ballsacks.
If you have something concrete, just say it. Don't come all over these pages like a drenched, limp enchilada with some half-assed nonsense trying to string us all like a loving puppy chasing after it's first ice-cream.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If I had Sandy's job I would just use every power I had to make sure CIG hired DMX as their public face and the guy playing the Stimperor in Squadron 42

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, it's a constant parade of laughs over at the official forums reading ideas. I only post the more outlandish ones. It will be hard to top cattle rancher/plant gene splicer/soil tester one.

Can't wait for the graphic animal husbandry minigames. Use VR for full immersion when collecting prize bull semen.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Scruffpuff posted:

I already posted about this here and here. To anyone who's been paying attention, none of this should come as a surprise. This project, as pitched, will never see the light of day. Period.

That's some impressive Derek you got going!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

runsamok posted:

I see the lack of bids has forced the beloved contest-winner-turned-dev to chop a thousand pounds off his ridiculously overpriced, storage-free space heater with custom vinyl stickers you can't get anywhere else (except at any place with a vinyl cutter, like my local library.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarCitizen-Official-Unique-AMD-based-system-TNGS-1st-prize-/161963648949

Looks like Dolvak may get the case of his dreams after all!

It's a sad turn of events when Citizens have to choose between spending their $2500 on a Javelin or a Radiator

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Incombibulator posted:

I know right?

I appreciate the "insider view" as much as the next person, but gently caress me, if it isn't a whole bunch of CR hand waving and sweaty vague ballsacks.
If you have something concrete, just say it. Don't come all over these pages like a drenched, limp enchilada with some half-assed nonsense trying to string us all like a loving puppy chasing after it's first ice-cream.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Incombibulator posted:

I know right?

It's funny though

(also he might legit be risking stuff here)

((but mostly it's funny))

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Incombibulator posted:

I know right?

I know it's frustrating, but you would understand if you knew what I do. Trust me on this: this next one will be glorious.

That is all.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm going to bed, please pause your posting

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Incombibulator posted:

like a drenched, limp enchilada
same

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Following this thread for 300+ pages now, I have to say I :love: you guys. Best thread in the internet.

Daztek posted:

Sorry.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I"m breaking my brain trying to figure out the stupid thing CIG is doing that EightAce hinted at. Making the exercise particularly grueling is that where Chris Roberts is concerned, no idea is too dumb, so nothing I come up with can be ruled out.

Has anyone asked "Oh Cap'n Mo-Cappin" if the PU will include the ability to have my wingmen use desktop cameras, then put their faces on my screen in a little monitor so I can see them while we talk? It was in the Wing Commander games - make it happen Chris.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Scruffpuff posted:

It's "I think that stripper really liked me" syndrome.

It's not limited to that necessarily. Bootcha and I argued about it because he was making the same point Fuzzy Modem made: "Well, she was always nice to me." I said "Well YEAH; she was taking your money!" The other part, of course, was "Plus you're a guy, so you're not a threat to her sexist reign as queen bee and/or she thinks she can get away with poo poo because she's female." He didn't want to believe me even after I cited examples of being on the receiving end of mistreatment from other women in my own life. He had to hear it straight from people who had personally been mistreated by her. All friendships can work like that. All working relationships can work like that. People treat each other differently for sometimes weird reasons.

It's not just a matter of women being manipulative bitches to get money/food/presents/whatever, though. There are plenty of doormat guys out there throwing themselves at women trying to get their attention, even when the women actively discourage it. I made and lost a lot of guy friends when I was single because they were the classic Internet Nice Guy: "I'm so nice; here, take these presents I thought you might want; now you have to be nice (read: sleep with me) because I was nice to you." That's not how people work. Women aren't vending machines you put kindness into until sex comes out, and no friendship should be exempt from scrutiny.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fuzzknot posted:

It's not limited to that necessarily. Bootcha and I argued about it because he was making the same point Fuzzy Modem made: "Well, she was always nice to me." I said "Well YEAH; she was taking your money!" The other part, of course, was "Plus you're a guy, so you're not a threat to her sexist reign as queen bee and/or she thinks she can get away with poo poo because she's female." He didn't want to believe me even after I cited examples of being on the receiving end of mistreatment from other women in my own life. He had to hear it straight from people who had personally been mistreated by her.

It's not just a matter of women being manipulative bitches to get money/food/presents/whatever, though. There are plenty of doormat guys out there throwing themselves at women trying to get their attention, even when the women actively discourage it. I made and lost a lot of guy friends when I was single because they were the classic Internet Nice Guy: "I'm so nice; here, take these presents I thought you might want; now you have to be nice (read: sleep with me) because I was nice to you." That's not how people work. Women aren't vending machines you put kindness into until sex comes out, and no friendship should be exempt from scrutiny.

This is true, why, had Macho Man examined his friendship with one Mr. Hulkster Hogan, he could have seen he was using him to create a bunch of bad guys who would be unbeatable at his expense.

Look harder at things in your life thread-mates, it could very well save you from a flurry of devastating suplexes and being friends with bad ladies who are bad

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

They suck.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is true, why, had Macho Man examined his friendship with one Mr. Hulkster Hogan, he could have seen he was using him to create a bunch of bad guys who would be unbeatable at his expense.

I was gonna make the same analogy.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Just got this letter from an alternate reality where Star Citizen is real:

"My name is Jeremy Walters. I am 25 years old and I work as a paid intern for a small software development company in Portland.

When I first started here my boss told me they played Star Citizen on alternate weekday nights and often on the weekends, and asked me if I would be interested. I thought that was cool; companies that game together stay together, right? Well I couldn't be more wrong.

First of all nobody told me that you don't start the game with any ships, so I paid full price for a game and then had to serve as a page on my boss's ship. It's one of these huge capital ship things. They don't even let me on the bridge. Because of server limitations we rarely encounter other players, instead flying around PvE 'hot zones' or something like that. I don't know, I don't think I've ever even had a chance to look out a window. Let me give you an example of a typical play night.

We were under attack, and the shields took a pretty good wallop. Something went down in engineering, so my boss called me on the 'com. "Sparky", he said (they call me Sparky, I guess that's what they call all the interns) "go get that aft shield module back up." We have triple redundant shields and I don't think we've ever even sustained hull damage before but they always make me go fix the shields. There's a little box that says "Press USE to fix" and then you open it, and then you have to press USE again to change out a plug. Once, my character got shocked and died because that rear end in a top hat Dan in accounting rerouted the engine through the shield boxes and they didn't let me live that down. This time though I couldn't change the plug; the dialogue said "Need SPARE PLUG". I went down to Storage for a spare part.

Then I got a message from The Den, a little bar module with card tables and booze and billiards and stuff. Two of the upper-management types hang out there. I think they're roommates IRL and they drink IRL while drinking in game. They told me to come down ASAP for an EMERGENCY but what they actually wanted was for me to serve them drinks in-game. I explained that the captain needed me to fix the shields but they insisted. One of them - Shirley, I think - is in charge of vacation time at work and she told me if I didn't get her drinks they were going to take away my sick time so I indulged them for a few minutes. Serving drinks in game is a pain. You have to press USE on the booze, then there's a little glass-filling minigame, and then you have to carefully carry the drinks over to the table. I guess this is so that if the ship takes a hit or something you can dramatically spill everything but you sort of waddle like an elephant and it's very slow. When I got there they told me that their order was wrong and erupted in laughter. Then the captain called me again. "Sparky stop screwing around down there, I need those aft shields!"

When I got to storage I found Greg from development down there. He was carefully rearranging all of the stock, manually, and I guess it required him to move each supply and box of parts into this big pile. I told him what I needed and he just shrugged at me. "It's probably in the pile", he said. I had to move each item carefully using the 'grabby hands' interface. If you move something too fast or too hard you can break it. When I got to the plug I needed Dan from accounting hit me with a shock probe and I broke the plug all over the nearby wall.

We managed to successfully escape the Van-DULL engagement (that's my little joke, get it, dull?) but my boss gave me six demerits which I guess means I have to clean the toilets at work (and in game) for the next week. I hate Star Citizen."

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

I've already predicted all this in my post over 100 pages ago! You can read the post here

Wrecked Angle posted:

A. Yes. Whales Citizens! We are pleased to announce the new ship "N+1", this badboy can go underwater to a depth of 15km and explore the ocean floor! Buy Pledge now!

*Note. Ship and water planets may or may not be added at a later date.

also...

LET ME loving FINISH!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Booblord Zagats posted:

If I had Sandy's job I would just use every power I had to make sure CIG hired DMX as their public face and the guy playing the Stimperor in Squadron 42

Is the Stimperor an actual thing or just some fucko's disturbing fetish?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Booblord Zagats posted:

Look harder at things in your life thread-mates, it could very well save you from a flurry of devastating suplexes and being friends with bad ladies who are bad

And vice versa. Sex doesn't need to have anything to do with it. I put up with a couple of bad friendships for a long time primarily because we'd been friends for a long time, and it took something pretty drastic in each case for me to just tell them to gently caress off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

yes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Scruffpuff posted:

I was gonna make the same analogy.

We're friends now. You can come over to my house for a sleep over but you gotta bring your own sleeping bag

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Nothing in Sq42 is an actual thing, so through the process of elimination and the law of integers, we have the answer

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Booblord Zagats posted:

We're friends now. You can come over to my house for a sleep over but you gotta bring your own sleeping bag

A double one. :wiggle:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Mendrian posted:

Just got this letter from an alternate reality where Star Citizen is real:

"My name is Jeremy Walters. I am 25 years old and I work as a paid intern for a small software development company in Portland.

When I first started here my boss told me they played Star Citizen on alternate weekday nights and often on the weekends, and asked me if I would be interested. I thought that was cool; companies that game together stay together, right? Well I couldn't be more wrong.

First of all nobody told me that you don't start the game with any ships, so I paid full price for a game and then had to serve as a page on my boss's ship. It's one of these huge capital ship things. They don't even let me on the bridge. Because of server limitations we rarely encounter other players, instead flying around PvE 'hot zones' or something like that. I don't know, I don't think I've ever even had a chance to look out a window. Let me give you an example of a typical play night.

We were under attack, and the shields took a pretty good wallop. Something went down in engineering, so my boss called me on the 'com. "Sparky", he said (they call me Sparky, I guess that's what they call all the interns) "go get that aft shield module back up." We have triple redundant shields and I don't think we've ever even sustained hull damage before but they always make me go fix the shields. There's a little box that says "Press USE to fix" and then you open it, and then you have to press USE again to change out a plug. Once, my character got shocked and died because that rear end in a top hat Dan in accounting rerouted the engine through the shield boxes and they didn't let me live that down. This time though I couldn't change the plug; the dialogue said "Need SPARE PLUG". I went down to Storage for a spare part.

Then I got a message from The Den, a little bar module with card tables and booze and billiards and stuff. Two of the upper-management types hang out there. I think they're roommates IRL and they drink IRL while drinking in game. They told me to come down ASAP for an EMERGENCY but what they actually wanted was for me to serve them drinks in-game. I explained that the captain needed me to fix the shields but they insisted. One of them - Shirley, I think - is in charge of vacation time at work and she told me if I didn't get her drinks they were going to take away my sick time so I indulged them for a few minutes. Serving drinks in game is a pain. You have to press USE on the booze, then there's a little glass-filling minigame, and then you have to carefully carry the drinks over to the table. I guess this is so that if the ship takes a hit or something you can dramatically spill everything but you sort of waddle like an elephant and it's very slow. When I got there they told me that their order was wrong and erupted in laughter. Then the captain called me again. "Sparky stop screwing around down there, I need those aft shields!"

When I got to storage I found Greg from development down there. He was carefully rearranging all of the stock, manually, and I guess it required him to move each supply and box of parts into this big pile. I told him what I needed and he just shrugged at me. "It's probably in the pile", he said. I had to move each item carefully using the 'grabby hands' interface. If you move something too fast or too hard you can break it. When I got to the plug I needed Dan from accounting hit me with a shock probe and I broke the plug all over the nearby wall.

We managed to successfully escape the Van-DULL engagement (that's my little joke, get it, dull?) but my boss gave me six demerits which I guess means I have to clean the toilets at work (and in game) for the next week. I hate Star Citizen."

got same letter

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Women aren't vending machines you put kindness into until sex comes out

They are in the stimpire. At least until you stop putting the kindness in, and start putting in the razor blades.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fuzzknot posted:

And vice versa. Sex doesn't need to have anything to do with it. I put up with a couple of bad friendships for a long time primarily because we'd been friends for a long time, and it took something pretty drastic in each case for me to just tell them to gently caress off.

Like losing your intercontinental championship because they betrayed you and hit the referee when you were going for the 3 count so they could use the ensuing chaos to beat you with a folding chair?

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
The Chairman is happy to unveil his Baby PU Prototype

"He is my little Angel and his name is Stanton."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

serious norman posted:

They suck.

I have insider info too they suck AND they stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

FrankieGoes posted:

They are in the stimpire. At least until you stop putting the kindness in, and start putting in the razor blades.

Ew. I . . . don't think that's how it works, either.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Like losing your intercontinental championship because they betrayed you and hit the referee when you were going for the 3 count so they could use the ensuing chaos to beat you with a folding chair?

If only it were that awesome.

The first one was somebody I'd gone to school with and been friends with for years, and we were gradually drifting apart. I should have just let it go but tried to hang onto the friendship anyway because we'd been friends for so long. Then he started going out with an underage girl, which was well beyond anything I could overlook.

The second one was also somebody I'd gone to school with and known for years, and I caught myself not wanting him to tell him stuff going on in my life because he'd always say something mean. He was quite a drama queen. In the end, he who decided a bunch of his self-created problems were my fault and posted as much on Facebook. That was the end of that.

• Locked thread