Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Ziploc posted:

Part of me thinks that there could be lasting affects from this. But I doubt they'd ever tell the public that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Ziploc posted:

Part of me thinks that there could be lasting affects from this. But I doubt they'd ever tell the public that.

Hopefully not like what happened to Mast. Good news is hr had a long career and was winding it up but lovely if this will have lasting effects.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Sage Karam just got done speaking here at IndyCar Media Day, and he announced that he will be running the remainder of the WeatherTech Series in a Chip Ganassi Lexus GTD entry beginning with Laguna Seca. Sage will also be running in the 100th Indy 500 this year as his only IndyCar race (so far)

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

KingShibby posted:

Sage Karam just got done speaking here at IndyCar Media Day, and he announced that he will be running the remainder of the WeatherTech Series in a Chip Ganassi Lexus GTD entry beginning with Laguna Seca. Sage will also be running in the 100th Indy 500 this year as his only IndyCar race (so far)

Isn't it Gentilozzi's RSR that are running the Lexus?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Xisticide posted:

Isn't it Gentilozzi's RSR that are running the Lexus?

Maybe it's their car, I just know Sage mentioned Chip Ganassi when talking about it so I figured that's who's ride it was. It must have been Chip's connections that landed Sage that ride.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

NHRA is switching to EFI in Pro Stock, which means new front ends, among other things. Most P/S teams are barely clinging on so let's make them spend a bunch of money!

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 3, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
people who give Sage Karam a ride in tyool 2016 :negative:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

go3 posted:

I dunno, he was fast and hosed up a lot. On the sportscar side, he was super good at Sebring a while ago in the DPs. The worst part about Karam were the jackasses who breathlessly supported him as the second coming of racecar jesus or someshit, but thankfully most of them are gone these days.

A GTD ride with a veteran teammate seems like a good fit for him right now. He's certainly no worse than a lot of the richguy jaggoffs that keep GTD around.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

go3 posted:

Sage needs to work his way back up to the big cars, and GTD is a good place for him. When I asked him about it he seemed pretty excited for it and I support Sage (especially wearing a shirt)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

NHRA is switching to EFI in Pro Stock, which means new front ends, among other things. Most P/S teams are barely clinging on so let's make them spend a bunch of money!

meanwhile, Hot Rod runs an event with street cars that are knocking on their times

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good news: Toyota have confirmed Kamui Kobyashi for their LMP1 program.

Better news: Toyota are running a white/red car instead of the stupid faux-Peugeot livery

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Because we have such a shortage of white, red and black LMP1 factory cars right now.

Porsche better run in red this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's nobody's fault that both Japan and Germany's racing colors are white.

What we really need is some French and American prototypes in, to add some blue to the mix.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Alain Post posted:

What we really need is some French and American prototypes in, to add some blue to the mix.

We could do with some more British racing green, too.

I wish this wasn't a one-off Le Mans entry.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

WindyMan posted:

I wish this wasn't a one-off Le Mans entry.

It wasn't, they entered 3 years on the trot. :v:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Good news: Toyota have confirmed Kamui Kobyashi for their LMP1 program.

Better news: Toyota are running a white/red car instead of the stupid faux-Peugeot livery

Hooray!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

It's nobody's fault that both Japan and Germany's racing colors are white.

I thought for whatever reason Germany's was Silver but that was just Mercedes.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Just came across this gem out of the pics I took at the Rolex 24 this past weekend:

Link for size

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

KingShibby posted:

Just came across this gem out of the pics I took at the Rolex 24 this past weekend:

Link for size

Thats part of the reason I love Daytona/Sebring so much, the cars come out looking gnarly. Having 53 cars on 3.5 miles and highbanks of Daytona or 3.7 miles with the bumps of Sebring for 24 hours is stupid and just great.

A similar shot of the PC winner at the end looking tore up:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

KingShibby posted:

Link for size

That's an awesome shot, do you mind if I share that on my Facebook wall for my friends?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Casey Atwood. Joey Logano. Sage Karam can wind up like one of them- either a washout or a success after regrouping somewhat and finding a new gear.

I get that Atwood got a bit of a bum deal from Evernham in the end, but both of those two stick out as getting hype like Karam.

KingShibby posted:

Link for size

The blue and white Konica Minolta logo on the front of the 10 was noticeably blackened from grit and it was awesome.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Le Mans, WEC and ELMS entry announcement going on just now. Just confirmed there will be 60 entries for Le Mans this year.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

The blue and white Konica Minolta logo on the front of the 10 was noticeably blackened from grit and it was awesome.

Yes it was and massive thanks to drgitlin for letting me shoot photos from his party deck!

Link for size

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If anybody's bored, the Bathurst 12 hr support categories are livestreaming

http://bathurst12hour.com.au/stream-int

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dsriggs posted:

If anybody's bored, the Bathurst 12 hr support categories are livestreaming

http://bathurst12hour.com.au/stream-int

I was painfully bored, thank you for this. Stream looks great too.

e: lol is there like 80 cars in this race...

Cygni fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 6, 2016

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
"kangaroos are on the circuit" :australia:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I do remember Peter Kox ramming a kangaroo 2 years ago within the first hour. He wasn't too happy about that.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

12hrs of Bathurst staring now, http://bathurst12hour.com.au/stream-int or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCqM5k48O8

I'm not sure if I respect the drivers or the commentary crew more by now. They have an endurance race of their own by doing all of them globally, Hindhaugh probably doesn't have a biological clock anymore.

geonetix fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 6, 2016

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This is going to be fun :toot:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

geonetix posted:

12hrs of Bathurst staring now, http://bathurst12hour.com.au/stream-int.

I'm not sure if I respect the drivers or the commentary crew more by now. They have an endurance race of their own by doing all of them globally, Hindhaugh probably doesn't have a biological clock anymore.

any way I can strip out just the video from this for VLC?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Kilonum posted:

any way I can strip out just the video from this for VLC?

It's a regular "livestream.com" stream, so anything that works on that, works here. However I'm not familiar with it

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

nm, I can use it with my TV using the NISMO stream on Youtube + xbox youtube app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCqM5k48O8

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 6, 2016

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Those onboards :fap:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

btw, we are live chatting the race in #f1 on synirc

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Kilonum posted:

nm, I can use it with my TV using the NISMO stream on Youtube + xbox youtube app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCqM5k48O8

I got a 4k smart TV so has its own youtube app. :smug: I"m actually getting better picture than anything from cable.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'm amazed just how long this race has gone on without a safety car.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
You jinxed it.

The Youtube stream is crazy quality. I wish more racing was covered this way.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm amazed just how long this race has gone on without a safety car.

Well you went and jinxed it fucker

Edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Well, that safety car only took forever to come out after the Mercedes went into the wall.

edit: Chris van der Drift is one of the best racing driver names ever

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 7, 2016

• Locked thread