Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So yeah we got a few hours left, maybe we should start consolidating our votes a bit? Anyone not voting a vote leader, can you either try one more time to make your case for your current vote, and/or explain why you don't want to vote one of the current vote leaders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeh I'm comfortable with lumpen

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

much like d1 case on me, lumpen makes zero sense.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yeah Lumpen definitely feels like town to me

kash have you commented on Meatoes i don't remember?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

much like d1 case on me, lumpen makes zero sense.

That's incorrect. His narrative posting is really bad and unless I'm missing something the chart is incorrect

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Kashuno posted:

That's incorrect. His narrative posting is really bad and unless I'm missing something the chart is incorrect

narrative posting is really bad? what does this mean? errors in chart are meaningless and i'm surprised anyone but lumpen is reading it.

im finishing my half-baked friction case.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

can you provide some examples please

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Metos (4): JakeP, Flying Leatherman, Captain Foo, Friction.123
Lumpen (3): King Burgundy, Trasson, Kashuno
Friction.123 (2): Kashuno, Puntification, GulagDolls, Kashuno
Trasson (2): Lumpen, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo
JakeP (1): Metos
Puntification (1): imgay
Flying Leatherman (0): JakeP, JakeP
King Burgundy (0): JakeP, JakeP, Friction.123, Friction.123

Not Voting (1): TheCog :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 30 minutes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm going to leave this as half-baked cause punt did most of the work

Friction.123 posted:

Maybe I am dumb but it seems pretty obvious to me that taking all your tools for finding scum and putting them out there for all the scum to easily manage is a very scum move?

Again, I agree with the general opinion that TheCog wasn’t doing it from a scum angle but I have my doubts about some others.

edit: misclicked edit instead of quote trying to recover original

implies that cog and other players advocating the massclaim thing are different, for nebulous reasons. he says others even though I was the only one besides cog for the idea, which tells me these thoughts are manufactured doody.

Friction.123 posted:

You however strike me as an opportunistic scum jumping on an idea that will allow a scum roleblocker free reign on keeping the town’s tools in check.

he initially refuses to answer the question of what makes cog and I different, getting weirdly defensive about it and when he does answer, he STILL doesn’t answer because it was already established that cog wasn’t new to mafia. jakep's post that he cites was made before this was clear and is irrelevant, asiina's post is entirely supposition and makes no freaking sense anyway. 'scum roleblocker' is a very far-reaching, unnatural conclusion, especially for d1, fabricated from air.

I agree with punt's posts too, and his most recent post is....um...

i want to take credit for a murder so I'll keep my vote here but switch it to whoever has the most votes towards deadline. preferably not lumpen. metos, trasson, and KB are all good candidates but I doubt trasson and KB are gonna pick up steam.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kb is still beyond weird. his points in th( this post are, in order, a mischaracterization, a point that ignores lumpen's meta, which is impossible to ignore, and a nulltell. i also can't believe that two people believe trasson can't be scum because he said 'I'm town."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

kb is still beyond weird. his points in th( this post are, in order, a mischaracterization, a point that ignores lumpen's meta, which is impossible to ignore, and a nulltell. i also can't believe that two people believe trasson can't be scum because he said 'I'm town."

Nope.

And on Trasson, he's new, right? The level of mastery you seem to be attributing to the guy in his first game is ridiculous. I think Asiina had the right of it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Nope.

And on Trasson, he's new, right? The level of mastery you seem to be attributing to the guy in his first game is ridiculous. I think Asiina had the right of it.

What mastery?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing he did was some high level mafia play in any way

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

After a reread of him, I'm still null on Metos. I'd vote him if necessary, but he's way down the list.

Preference is still Lumpen, Imgay, Friction, FL.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im screaming. someone tell me what the high-level play is.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

im screaming. someone tell me what the high-level play is.

he made a joke about a BSG character being a ninja

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
No way that scum could ever fake not having information until it becomes publically available, and no way a player who is new to playing mafia here could ever figure out that playing along that you have the same information as everyone else might be the best way for them to not stand out as different from the townsfolk

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

GulagDolls posted:

For my part, it's less that he said he was town and more that I read his indignant post as genuine.

In contrast, Friction's frustrated post seemed manufactured, at least in part because he said things that didn't make any sense (the only meta case I can think of off the top of my head was Cog saying I sounded weird, and that's not much of a meta case, really).

And yeah, I realize this is completely subjective.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Nothing he did was some high level mafia play in any way

You guys are saying he came up with his fake claim(this part is easy in this setup) and decided to quickly put it into play in a super casual way that looks accidental in one of his opening posts. I'm sorry, that just isn't something I see from new folks. I certainly wasn't anywhere near doing something like that when I started.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm not hugely interested in metos or lumpen, people should join me and gulag on the coolest lynch in town.

Kash come back and explain what you mean by narrative posting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

You guys are saying he came up with his fake claim(this part is easy in this setup) and decided to quickly put it into play in a super casual way that looks accidental in one of his opening posts. I'm sorry, that just isn't something I see from new folks. I certainly wasn't anywhere near doing something like that when I started.

lol the dude claimed vanilla town under no pressure at all, must be town!

I mean if he was scum he could be coached, or maybe hes just not a complete idiot and decided to subtly claim vanilla town hoping people would believe him that he is vanilla town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think that's at all unbelievable, but also, trasson has said he's played IRL mafia before, where being casual about saying you're town is maybe the most important thing possible, as scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like someone new to mafia can't communicate effectively without coming across as an awkward goon or something

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Flying Leatherman posted:

For my part, it's less that he said he was town and more that I read his indignant post as genuine.

In contrast, Friction's frustrated post seemed manufactured, at least in part because he said things that didn't make any sense (the only meta case I can think of off the top of my head was Cog saying I sounded weird, and that's not much of a meta case, really).

And yeah, I realize this is completely subjective.

Lumpen's case on me was meta too. But you are still right. Frictions frustrated post doesn't really make sense for a variety of reasons.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
errrhh ummm *stammer* *blush* hey guys *gulp* im town! *shifts eyes around gauging the reaction of those around him*

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

like someone new to mafia can't communicate effectively without coming across as an awkward goon or something

I'm in game 4 here and people still think I sound like an awkward goon, so take that for what it's worth

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

lol the dude claimed vanilla town under no pressure at all, must be town!

I mean if he was scum he could be coached, or maybe hes just not a complete idiot and decided to subtly claim vanilla town hoping people would believe him that he is vanilla town

I haven't seen coaching at that level happen in any game I've been in either. But I know that's anecdotal.

JakeP posted:

Well, is there any new person that starts playing mafia here that we don't instantly think is scum? It's really rare. And it's playing out in this very thread to varying degrees. So I'd say, yes. They can't.

GulagDolls posted:

i don't think that's at all unbelievable, but also, trasson has said he's played IRL mafia before, where being casual about saying you're town is maybe the most important thing possible, as scum

I missed this though. If he's played mafia IRL before it becomes more believable.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the irl mafia thing was actually metos. I can't keep track of these goons

King Burgundy posted:

Well, is there any new person that starts playing mafia here that we don't instantly think is scum?
um..weren't YOU a person like that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
KB what do you think about Metos hypothesis that your boy Trashins vanilla town claim actually makes him scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

the irl mafia thing was actually metos. I can't keep track of these goons

um..weren't YOU a person like that

Oh hell no. My first mafia was battleship mafia and I spent the whole game being berated for being scummy with only an occasional person trying to stick up for me for being new.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

KB what do you think about Metos hypothesis that your boy Trashins vanilla town claim actually makes him scum?

It's crazy nonsense.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

well, metos is going to have to die because he hasn't posted for *checks watch* an arbitrary, yet unacceptable amount of time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

K, running to dinner now.

Don't think Lumpen has a shot. Swapping before I leave.

##friction

I might make it back for the last 30 min since we are leaving a bit early.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who are you frictioning

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

K, running to dinner now.

Don't think Lumpen has a shot. Swapping before I leave.

##friction

I might make it back for the last 30 min since we are leaving a bit early.

lol nice

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Goddammit.

##vote Friction

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

fake day actions are haraam. modkill this guy

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote metos i like the casew on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

As far as I know my chart is correct. I have done the best I can. I promise I do not have a ~nefarious scheme~ to control the game with ~false charting~.
This is the most updated I have, please clearly list your top 3 candidates to get updated if I have ~manipulatively misrepresented~ you.

:siren:1 hour 23 minutes remain until deadline. :siren:

My preferred lynches remain: Trasson, King Burgundy, Flying Leatherman

• Locked thread