Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

As far as I know my chart is correct. I have done the best I can. I promise I do not have a ~nefarious scheme~ to control the game with ~false charting~.
This is the most updated I have, please clearly list your top 3 candidates to get updated if I have ~manipulatively misrepresented~ you.

:siren:1 hour 23 minutes remain until deadline. :siren:

My preferred lynches remain: Trasson, King Burgundy, Flying Leatherman

It's funny how suspectedness and votes are inverted for friction and metos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trasson posted:

I wouldn't call it abruptly...

If you think that sounds like an awful defense, sure, vote me dead. Just remember who initiated this little vote parade after the flip.

This sounds pretty genuine. You're mis-representing what makes you scummy but you seemed pretty annoyed.

imgay posted:

I'm in theater for 445 kungfu panda, heard its best anime of the year, so I won't read for like 2 hrs.

imgay posted:

##vote metos i like the casew on him

Damnit imgay, just go and make me regret saying you seemed to be posting better.

I don't get how you're around and aware of the game but not capable of posting your own cases. I'd vote you just out of frustration now.

Friction.123 posted:

Is this all we get from the long awaited FL post? If people are going to get on my case because I'm supposedly parroting what other players are saying why does this get a pass? Not to mention this point only appears after people start pointing out FL is lurking again. Which he also did D1. You can get mad at Trasson, Metos, and myself if you'd like for the mafia faux pas we have undoubtedly committed, hell I'd even vote for Metos myself out of OMGUS and the "if he's town he's actively hurting us so why not vote for him?" line.

Flying Leatherman how about you give us a list of three people you'd vote for with actual logic behind them instead of just "I agree with what that guy said." I get that it gets harder as the day progresses because people have already pointed out the easy ones, but you literally did not give a single reason for why you think Foo is suspicious.

At this point I would vote for either FL or Metos, and if absolutely pressed to name a third, would keep Puntification on the list.

drat Friction. You get my support for sheer gusto!

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.

And there it all went.

JakeP posted:

The way that is brought up feels like it was a result of a conversation he was having with his scumbuddies really, it doesn't feel organic at all to whats actually happening in the thread

I don't quite know how else to explain the whiplash of this tonal shift.

##vote Friction.123 His "gently caress this game moment" maybe suffers from having come after Trassons' but you really see the difference in the two for it.

This space is liable to change though. I'd vote Trasson for sure at this moment. I need to re-read Metos. Bear with me please.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

When I say I'd vote Trasson I mean he's not my top pick, and he's still pretty scummy but I have enough reasonable doubt at this point to prefer friction over him. I'll read Metos as leader, and then work up on my other impressions.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote friction to not no lynch, im mostly popping in and out between hots games atm not sleeping tho

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and really i wouldn't feel like someone pulled my arm to vote friction or anything i just think metos was scummier, but really with frictions throw in the towel post it might just be better to lynch him, since he is
A. Scummy
B. not gonna try anymore anyway

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Updated.

If Trasson isn't viable, I'd prefer lynching Friction, but Metos would be okay too, they're both ranked Somewhat Suspicious.

Friction.123 posted:

Say what you want Gulag, I'm kinda done with this game. I didn't expect the level of meta you guys apparently play at, where everyone has their scum tells already figured out, and quite frankly I don't care enough to go through and figure it all out so I can play "correctly". I'd rather just lurk and be lynched, and save myself the headache. When I flip town and you've wasted another lynch I can just read the thread and not give two shits about appearing town anymore.
This pinged me as a Scumpost.

##Vote Friction.123

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Metos posted:

JakeP also hadn't posted anything useful in ages then came out with an unexplained vote after the cop claim.

## vote JakeP

Sleep time for me, also still can't believe Gulag would leave for 24hours when there were already votes against him and only reappear right at the end when he was actually the cop.

I've just gotten here. I like Metos D1. He explains his train of thought well and why he votes who he votes. He's guilty of easy cases, as Foo pointed out, but that's reasonable coming from a new player. Just like this reaction and vote on jake. It's very knee-jerk and doesn't seem calculated to me at all.

Will continue.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Friction.123 (5): Kashuno, Puntification, GulagDolls, Kashuno, King Burgundy, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen
Metos (5): JakeP, Flying Leatherman, Captain Foo, Friction.123, imgay
Lumpen (2): King Burgundy, Trasson, Kashuno, King Burgundy
JakeP (1): Metos
Flying Leatherman (0): JakeP, JakeP
Trasson (0): Lumpen, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen
Puntification (0): imgay, imgay
King Burgundy (0): JakeP, JakeP, Friction.123, Friction.123

Not Voting (1): TheCog :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 30 minutes.

:siren:30 minutes:siren:
Who is here?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
For reference, I'm here and would be pretty okay moving my vote if we end up going for Friction today instead.

Preview edit: I have good timing.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'd switch to avoid a no-lynch but I think friction is a better choice.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Hello, I'm sorry to say that I'm currently in the middle of a super fight with my girlfriend and am posting while pretending to have stomach problems in the bathroom before returning. Douche move I know but relationship comes before Mafia.

I'm moving my vote to friction for obvious reasons, I can post more once she leaves for sword class in about 6 hours if it's a quick night phase.

##unvote
##vote friction

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I have no immediate arguments against Friction, but that's mostly because a vote for him is a vote that isn't for me. I'll go and reread his stuff and come back with a final opinion, but it looks like we're approaching a decision between him and no lynch so I'm not sure that my opinion matters much. I'll come back with a decision in ~10-15 minutes.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Metos posted:

Hello, I'm sorry to say that I'm currently in the middle of a super fight with my girlfriend and am posting while pretending to have stomach problems in the bathroom before returning. Douche move I know but relationship comes before Mafia.

I'm moving my vote to friction for obvious reasons, I can post more once she leaves for sword class in about 6 hours if it's a quick night phase.

##unvote
##vote friction

Lol, what weaponry are you trained in? I hope you are wearing your finest chainmail.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Sword Class

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i cannot believe that post lmfao

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've got 20 minutes. I'm leaning heavily Friction (I still really like my case on his D1 behavior, nothing he's said as really changed that) between him and Metos after reading Metos posts. I need to read them in light of Jake's comments but as of now Metos just seems like New town using dumb incomprehensible new town logic to be brief. I also need to cover friction super quickly.

Metos posted:

##unvote
##vote friction

Hey. Good luck with that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote friction

i wanna go play a hots game prolly wont be back before deadline at this point

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
GOOD MORROW FRIENDS

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

GulagDolls posted:

]i want to take credit for a murder so I'll keep my vote here

Somebody quote this for me on D3 please

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh I see deadline is soon and I don't have time read through things and can't swing the vote well here we are you failures ##vote friction

Friction in the future please play more Mafia! The first couple games especially can be rough, but you put a good amount of effort into your posting and I earnestly hope you come play more (I'm recruiting for a game now if you're interested!)

:redhammer: a

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: Friction.123

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Friction.123 posted:

Well Lumpen, I promised you a write up later tonight and here it is. I'll preface by saying I went into this day expecting to be dogpiled, and that didn't happen so its time to give the posting a bit more thought.

Strangest thing on my 2nd look here is the 180 switch from Lumpen to KB Known enemies. Dunno what to make of that.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
hmm, rereading Friction's posts, umm, wow.

I kind of see what some of you mean by low content, there's really not much to actually go on when you just take his stuff,

The question is, is it calculated low content or is it "I have no idea what to actually post" low content. A bit of analysis: Friction's a BSG player (like me) with some in person experience (like me, but he probably has more because it's really hard to have less). Therefore, he's used to working off of hard evidence: who draws Piloting and what Destinations in BSG, or who sounds like they're lying and who seems sincere in IRL Mafia. There's a lot less hard evidence going around in PbP, which frustrates him.

Or he's playing deep cover and pretending to be the innocent newbie who's frustrated with the different way of things.

The problem is, I can't accuse him of being scum and doing that without undermining any credibility I have for being in a similar situation. This isn't helped by the fact that like half of his actual content is defending me. Is that trying to find a like minded town buddy or using a (if he's scum) almost certain town as a smokescreen? "If you think I'm scum then he's scum" sort of thing, I guess.

On the other hand, he hasn't posted since his (real?) ragequit post. I'll vote him to get a noncontributor out, but I can't really say he's scum without reservations. If he's scum, great! I'll call that a lucky break on my part and good reads from others. If he's town, he wasn't helping us going out like that, so that's better than lynching a useful townie, but it's definitely not the best result.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
well that got invalidated. See y'all after nighttime.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
GOODNIGHT THREAD

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
STOP POSTING AFTER HAMMER.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Friction.123 (8): Kashuno, Puntification, GulagDolls, Kashuno, King Burgundy, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, Metos, JakeP, Kashuno
Metos (4): JakeP, Flying Leatherman, Captain Foo, Friction.123, imgay, JakeP
Lumpen (1): King Burgundy, Trasson, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Kashuno
JakeP (0): Metos, Metos
Flying Leatherman (0): JakeP, JakeP
Trasson (0): Lumpen, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen
Puntification (0): imgay, imgay
King Burgundy (0): JakeP, JakeP, Friction.123, Friction.123

Not Voting (1): TheCog :ffg:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
After a second day of the Astral Queen's lockdown, tensions are rising while accusations fly every which way. They eventually converge upon one person...

:rip: Friction.123, TOWN VERSATILE BACKUP, has been lynched on Day 2! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are A Nameless Prisoner, one of many aboard the Astral Queen and en route for parole hearings when the Cylons attacked. Since then, you've just been trying to get by however you can.
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence your leaders and press-gang everyone aboard into service - they must be stopped! You refuse to be a slave!

You are a Versatile Backup, and when a Town Doc, Cop, Tracker, or Jailer dies in the night, a random living Versatile Backup will inherit the role.
Each role can only be inherited once, and lynched roles are lost forever.

You win when there are no threats remaining aboard the Astral Queen.

It is now Night 2. Please send me your actions promptly. Thread will likely open tomorrow morning EST.

Two important game announcements:
- The Anti-Lurking Rule is no longer in effect because you're all great.
- TheCog is still in the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Opening the thread early as I have a very busy morning tomorrow.

Another morning dawns, and one of the newer prisoners is found dead in their cell...

:rip: Puntification, TOWN VERSATILE BACKUP, has died on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are A Nameless Prisoner, one of many aboard the Astral Queen and en route for parole hearings when the Cylons attacked. Since then, you've just been trying to get by however you can.
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence your leaders and press-gang everyone aboard into service - they must be stopped! You refuse to be a slave!

You are a Versatile Backup, and when a Town Doc, Cop, Tracker, or Jailer dies in the night, a random living Versatile Backup will inherit the role.
Each role can only be inherited once, and lynched roles are lost forever.

...but he's not the only one, as one of the most notorious prisoners' absence quickly becomes apparent when their imposing presence is missing with the new day!

:rip: Kashuno, TOWN BULLETPROOF MILLER, has died on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

You are Tom Zarek, one of the most notorious prisoners aboard the Astral Queen. You stand out from the others, whether you like it or not.

You are a 1-Shot Bulletproof Miller, and will return NOT TOWN for any investigation results. You will survive 1 attempt on your life, and will be notified when your 1-Shot Bulletproof is expended. It does not protect against Poison.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is 8:30 PM EST Friday. I will be traveling and won't be around to enforce this deadline, so play nice and respect the hammer. Flip will probably be posted the next morning by ~12:30 AM or so.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 3 :awesomelon:

Not Voting (11): 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo, Flying Leatherman, GulagDolls, imgay, JakeP, King Burgundy, Lumpen, Metos, TheCog, Trasson :ffg:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 05th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Good morning thread!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
so yeah that friction lynch definitely happened really easy. The metos lynch also started to pick up a bit there too. I been drinking, but i have a feeling that there were scum players that were eager to jump on that friction lynch and i intend to sniff them out in the morning when I am more sober. Be warned scum your days are numbered!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also that kash death i think explains the lack of NK night 1, the only way he could have died today was if he was also targeted night 1 so that is 100% what happened.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
unless SK kill goes through BP?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

unless SK kill goes through BP?

It does, the SK is unstoppable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is lylo now, right?

Is there any reason to not mass claim now? This feels like a must to me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Unstoppable Serial Killer (cannot be blocked or jailed, and can kill a jailed or doc-protected target)

No mention of how it interacts with BP, just Jail and Doc. Podima can you confirm how the SK interacts with BP?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

No mention of how it interacts with BP, just Jail and Doc. Podima can you confirm how the SK interacts with BP?

Yeah, I just checked that, it just says in both the PM and the OP that it can't be roleblocked or jailed and it can even hit a jailed target, so Kashuno must have died to n1 poison.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Probably they poisoned someone else last night then. And tomorrow night there could be 3 kills, 1 sk, 1 nk, 1 poison from previous night.

King Burgundy posted:

This is lylo now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

This is lylo now, right?

votefinder posted:

:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 3 :awesomelon:
Not Voting (11): 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo, Flying Leatherman, GulagDolls, imgay, JakeP, King Burgundy, Lumpen, Metos, TheCog, Trasson :ffg:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 05th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

Quoting this for my own reference while I work this out, more for my own practice than for anyone else's need.. There's 1 SK and four mafia left, so six townies. Of the four inheritable roles, three are up for grabs, so the total loadout is 1 SK, 4 Mafia, three power towns, three vanilla towns.

If we lynch a town, then we go to 1/4/5. If SK and Mafia both shoot a town, that's 1/4/3, which doesn't trigger any endgame condition? Mafia are "You win when nothing can stop you from taking control of the ship" and 1/4/3 is eight left so five to lynch; they don't even control majority. The SK is the wildcard there on whether or not the game is winnable at that point, but it's not impossible.

If in the upcoming lynch is the SK and the Mafia NK a town, that's 4/5. Still winnable. If the upcoming lynch is a town, the SK kills a town, and the Mafia take out the SK, then we have 4/4, which is a Mafia win.

If the lynch hits a Mafia, the SK hits a Mafia, and the Mafia hit a jailed/doctored target, we celebrate. 1/2/6 sounds much better. Anything in between that and the above isn't as good but still wildly better.

As an exercise: if we no-lynch, the worst cases are SK->Town/Mafia->Town: we go from 1/4/6 to 1/4/4, which is just a hair better than the 1/4/3 above, while SK->Town/Mafia->SK results in going from 1/4/6 to 4/5. That's...better odds than I was thinking.

So, if I have the permutations right (there's probably something I'm forgetting; like I said, this is more for my own practice, I imagine some of you could carry this math in your head) then it's not LYLO, strictly. We can still win after lynching a town, but it's unpleasant. We actually have better odds (better as in no routes lead straight to absolute defeat. I can't speak for better as in better actual chances to win) on a no lynch than we do lynching a town, so that's a thing.

• Locked thread