Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trasson posted:

Yeah, I just checked that, it just says in both the PM and the OP that it can't be roleblocked or jailed and it can even hit a jailed target, so Kashuno must have died to n1 poison.

lol what PM? are you the SK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Probably they poisoned someone else last night then. And tomorrow night there could be 3 kills, 1 sk, 1 nk, 1 poison from previous night.

i don't think they can poison and kill in the same night?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not lylo as long as sk is around

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also I think its time to claim but will hold off until that is the consensus

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
right, see, I forgot about accounting for poison.

1/4/6 starting, if we lynch town and three towns die that's 1/4/2. Seven remain, four votes to lynch, Mafia control the vote. They lynch town and SK kills a mafia, it's 1/3/1, they still control; that's a Mafia victory. 1/4/2, lynch town, SK kills a town, same result.

From start, we lynch town, SK kills town, Mafia kill SK and a town, we go from 1/4/6 to 4/3, Mafia victory. A miss on the SK from doctor/jailer would result in 1/4/3, which is rough but technically winnable. A miss on town from any of those (no lynch, doctor/jail) gives us 1/4/4, which isn't the worst but still bad. If we lynch SK and the Mafia kill two towns we're at 4/4 which is a loss.

If we no lynch we toss the dice on where the SK aims and if the Mafia poisoned, but as long as the SK lives it's technically winnable, I think. If we lynch a town and the SK aims town we're out if the Mafia poisoned, but still in it if they did a normal NK. If we lynch the SK and the Mafia poisoned we lose; if they didn't we still have a chance.

So, in short, it's not straight traditional LYLO as I understand it, but I think it's close enough to be "oh god we're going to die if we screw up" territory as to make no difference.

Will claiming actually help us? If it will, I'm for it, but I want to see everyone else's thoughts first because my gut instinct for this sort of thing is not the greatest.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

lol what PM? are you the SK?

the list of role PMs in the OP? Like, where the hell else would I pull that from? What would you call it anyway besides that? If I'd called it the doc or the google doc would I then be getting asked if I got the info from the scumdoc?

Look, I'm new but I'd have to be an absolute moron to accidentally drop "oh, it says it's not stopped by bulletproof in my role PM" out right now.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

i don't think they can poison and kill in the same night?

We had one N1 death and two N2 deaths. One of those deaths was a bulletproof, which implies poison. This is backed up by the first night only having one kill. If Mafia poisoned N1 and N2, we get one death N1 from SK, two deaths N2 from SK and poison, and could potentially see 3 deaths N3 from SK, previous night's poison, and standard NK. It's the worst case scenario for town and ought to be accounted for.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
:ghost: rip me

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Update: she skipped swords to work poo poo out so still here, problem seems to be getting resolved so Yay me, but no posting from me until at least tomorrow morning Aus time. Sorry, but again relationship beats Mafia.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what kind of a stupid dumbass would advocate or support a massclaim in any way.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bulletproof will still stop the SK kill. "Unstoppable" is just a cute name referencing its immunity to roleblocking/jailing/doc protect.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:ghost:freedom:ghost:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonna backflip into d3 w/ a ##vote metos

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Check this out, putting some things together...

Right after D2 opened... Tommunist before being replaced by Gulag.

Tommunist posted:

One kill.... poison?
A Scumpost, in hindsight.

Gulag on D1 before replacing Tommunist.

GulagDolls posted:

i agree that the [TheCog's massclaim] plan would work.
GulagDolls D2 acknowledging that he was for it D1.

GulagDolls posted:

implies that cog and other players advocating the massclaim thing are different, for nebulous reasons. he says others even though I was the only one besides cog for the idea,
Gulag now after replacing Tommunist.

GulagDolls posted:

what kind of a stupid dumbass would advocate or support a massclaim in any way.
##Vote GulagDolls
Why the big stance switch? Gulag replaced in as Scum.

I also think that Trasson is still Scum and posting info cribbed from a Scumdoc discussion again re:LYLO.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are you for a massclaim now, Lumpen? If not, why not?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

Are you for a massclaim now, Lumpen? If not, why not?
At this point I feel like the balance has probably tilted to make it worthwhile. Power roles have lived and gathered information, and it's probably enough to put the puzzle together and start taking out Scum faster than the Scum can kill off revealed power roles. It kind of depends what each person knows and whether they actually feel they have succeeded in gathering useful data, though.

For me, though:
&&Massclaim: yes

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

Why the big stance switch? Gulag replaced in as Scum.

I read that as a joke, FWIW.

I'm still thinking about massclaim stuff, trying to math it out. I would say tentatively a good idea, based on how many people we have left, but I'll give a more nuanced opinion later today.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
&&Massclaim: yes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'll massclaim

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Lumpen posted:

I also think that Trasson is still Scum and posting info cribbed from a Scumdoc discussion again re:LYLO.

Now you're just reaching. If I were scum I wouldn't be iterating out the possibilities, I'd be laying low hoping at least some of the town would miscalculate and lynch themselves to death. Give your enemy every chance to screw up and all that.

As for a mass claim, I'm vaguely for it but we don't have nearly enough yes votes to feel comfortable with it--by definition, we need at least six votes to be sure (as a group, not on a per person basis) there's at least one townies for it, and by my count there's four (not counting me).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Trasson posted:

Now you're just reaching. If I were scum I wouldn't be iterating out the possibilities, I'd be laying low hoping at least some of the town would miscalculate and lynch themselves to death. Give your enemy every chance to screw up and all that.

As for a mass claim, I'm vaguely for it but we don't have nearly enough yes votes to feel comfortable with it--by definition, we need at least six votes to be sure (as a group, not on a per person basis) there's at least one townies for it, and by my count there's four (not counting me).

We are at 5 with you. 6 if Gulag was joking.

There are many people who are MIA so far today.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

We are at 5 with you. 6 if Gulag was joking.

There are many people who are MIA so far today.

yeah, just recounted. I think I was like "Jake said he supports, and then bolded a support, so subtract one from my number" except I had already taken that into account or something dumb. Still a really low number. Well, there's 28 hours to go, so still time.

What's the number we're looking for, anyway? Like, assuming everyone puts in input, of course. I imagine a simple majority would suffice as well as be the number of town left, but I want to be sure.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the scum are probably hanging back so they can claim after the town claims, and can excuse themselves for being busy. gently caress it lets just make it happen. Unfortunately I don't have anything cool to claim Im a versatile town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and really its not a question now is the time to claim, there might not be a tomorrow lets do it tonight

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Commuting, but if that's the consensus (and with multiple people left to check in I would imagine it will be), I am also a versatile backup

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
id max clame

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

id max clame

claim then dicklord

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was a versatile backup. I became Backup Doctor. I targeted TheCog last night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I debated holding this last bit to catch someone in a lie, but meh.

My action failed. So I'm assuming I was targeted by the Scum Roleblocker.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
now we're cookin with gas!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i tracker, but last night

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what are your results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm VB as well

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trasson posted:

"if i were scum" is often a scumtell!!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'm also a Versatile Backup. Let me get these claims added to the chart. Gimme a little bit. I think someone who's already claimed must be lying, just by numbers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

I'm also a Versatile Backup. Let me get these claims added to the chart. Gimme a little bit. I think someone who's already claimed must be lying, just by numbers.

Yup, that's 4 free agent backups claimed. There should only be 3 left since I got converted.

So one of Lumpen, Foo, Jake, FL are lying.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Will theoretically be 5 liars by the time everyone has claimed though. So waiting on everyone to come forward before I spend too much time thinking about it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
n1 cpt foo went nowhere then n2 i was rb'd, as my image implies ofc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

n1 cpt foo went nowhere then n2 i was rb'd, as my image implies ofc

Hmmm. That doesn't fit. Unless Jailing gives the same failure message as RB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got action failed , then i asked about it and pod sent me that pic

• Locked thread