Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do Time Attack and during the winter I play videogames and watch old races or anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So what do you guys get up to during off season or perhaps when races are not dominating our weekends. As I have never been rich enough nor ever will be to partake in motor sports at lesser levels, or even carting on a regular basis I get my adrenaline kicks through mountain biking. Thinking about doing the coast to coast later this year in the UK that is. 7 days of pure fun through awesome scenery. Seriously with scenery like you get in many parts of the UK you never need to go abroad.

I like mountain biking but it's as flat as a fart where I live in the East or Yorkshire so it's more 'off road' than mountain tbh. I'm not much of an adrenaline junkie though I'd rather spend my evenings with a bottle of red and a lump of nice cheese.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Bought myself an RX7 to wrench on and probably going to get the kart out of storage at the end of the month to start working on that.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Uhh so that's not even the real car? That's just a show car.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/694893595892015106

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

poty posted:

So the livery is not the real one and neither is the car obviously weeks away from testing. At least there's this

https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/694873388704227328

Proof that the teammate who said she "couldn't develop a roll of film" was clearly dead wrong.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Silly season has begun!

As for off season I'm a good ol' Canadian boy so it's hockey, snowboarding, and the gym.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

ramirez

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

In the off season I am a giant nerd. I like wargaming, DIY, tinkering with poo poo in my shed, cycling, long walks and most of all, ridiculous amounts of running.

But in reality, I have two kids, so the chances of ever getting to do anything I want to do are slim.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Xenoid posted:

Silly season has begun!

As for off season I'm a good ol' Canadian boy so it's hockey, snowboarding, and the gym.

A true :canada: would've watched the 97 season like I did this winter.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

A true :canada: would've watched the 97 season like I did this winter.

JV and his stupid race track can go gently caress each other.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Is that the one in BC near the border?

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Is that the one in BC near the border?

Yes.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The only track that matters is Mosport.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
What's the issue with it? I remember hearing about it a few years ago I didn't know it actually got built.

It was a bit weird that Jacques was involved with it.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
If you aren't loaded enough for the membership fee you can forget using the place so it adds nothing of value to the community.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Oh so its like the one they're trying to build near Calgary where the $10k membership is basically subsidizing this rear end in a top hat's personal track.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://rumblestripscomic.tumblr.com/post/138603381871/rumble-strips-is-back-some-sadish-news-this

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
They are getting rid of the idiotic token system after this year. A year too late, but oh well. Anyone need further convinceing that there is no way to cap the amount of money the teams spend?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

daslog posted:

They are getting rid of the idiotic token system after this year. A year too late, but oh well. Anyone need further convinceing that there is no way to cap the amount of money the teams spend?

Good radiance.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The only limit should be on how much you can charge customer teams for the engines, but manufacturers should be allowed to spend whatever they want on developing their engines.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Thinking about doing the coast to coast later this year in the UK that is. 7 days of pure fun through awesome scenery. Seriously with scenery like you get in many parts of the UK you never need to go abroad.

So true. Also there's a lot of crime outside Britain and it's dangerous to drive on their roads (look at how bad their F1 drivers are...imagine how skilled the rest must be). I can't wait until we close the border: nobody here wants to leave and we don't need any more Europeans coming in

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
England for the English, I always say

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

edit: beaten

El Hefe posted:

The only limit should be on how much you can charge customer teams for the engines, but manufacturers should be allowed to spend whatever they want on developing their engines.

This is a good post.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The halo or something similar has been approved for 2017. I wonder if they'll allow teams to attempt to gain any sort of aero advantage from it

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

El Hefe posted:

Yep. The only cost control that EVER works is "You must sell your x for y". Normally it's a full car but this is the best we'll ever get in F1.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There is some mad banger racing series in Germany that have a rule that your car should only cost 400 euros, and if someone asks to swap cars with you then you have to do it. That way it prevents some newbie turning up with a subaru impreza or someone spending lots of money on sneaky engine upgrades.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah there's a few grassroots series with similar rules.

Usually it's not "swap cars" but "You must sell your car if offered $x".

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Il Commendatore Fernando Alonso

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBXoYMLBmg1/

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
He is the Star of Italy, the one true leader of the great Scuderia. He will burn eternally in our hearts :italy:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
https://twitter.com/F1/status/695295012754448384

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
tears in my eyes atm

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
I don't want to live in a world where Pastor Maldonado has the same number of wins as Heikki Kovalainen.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Heikki won a race?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Heikki won a race?

Hungary '08.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

El Hefe posted:

tears in my eyes atm

It's okay Hefe. I'm sure we will see him in a lesser motorsport.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Out of those, 3-4 could have gone on to win more.. Pastor is not one of them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bitch he might have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
In F1 is all about the car but people conveniently forget that when it suits them.

• Locked thread