Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

what brand of dog is this?

Australian Shepherd. They don't come with LTI though, but they are p good anyway.

They're gloriously fluffy, until you get them wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

OhDearGodNo posted:

Get a rice cooker. $30 on Amazon and you get perfect rice. Every single time.

I told him that this weekend we're going to get him a decent Corningware dish. Pour boiling water over rice, lightly salt, cover, bake for half an hour, done. Like a rice cooker but cheaper and more versatile.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 4, 2016

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Hopefully when the introduce clothes they also add space fedoras. That alone could get them to 150 million.

:stonk: My God, you're an evil genius. They should hire you to keep the cash flowing (until the inevitable raid by the feds, that is).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm on lovely airplane wifi

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Eonwe posted:

I'm on lovely airplane wifi

Try downloading Star Citizen.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I find it easier to not eat rice, rice doesn't bring much to the party anyway imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Try downloading Star Citizen.

Sounds fun

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

LordZoric posted:

Rope Kid really did handle Pillars incredibly well. It's one of the few kickstarters I've backed, and I don't regret it one bit.

Im in for Bard's Tale, Torment, and Battletech.

Odd feeling knowing that these have a chance of being delivered as promised.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Rhubarb94 posted:

Bung it in the thread for proof reading, you'll get genuine proof-reads and suggestions amidst all the poo poo.

But brace for "constructive criticism" and plenty of :gary:.

Oh aye I understand, but then again i'm the worst poster in this thread so the only way is up :D thanks for the advice though seriously.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh aye I understand, but then again i'm the worst poster in this thread so the only way is up :D thanks for the advice though seriously.

It's a genuinely good idea (with scope for comedy and drama).

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
How is trying to get into the back of a glitchy spinning weightless spaceship emergent gameplay aaaaaah

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

fuzzknot posted:

I told him that this weekend we're going to get him a decent Corningware dish. Pour boiling water over ricer, lightly salt, cover, bake for half an hour, done. Like a rice cooker but cheaper and more versatile.

You can also make cake, oatmeal, and all kinds of poo poo with a Zojirushi rice cooker. Plus it sings to you when it's done.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, that gave me a :classiclol:.

Do modern aircraft have 50,000 <<use>> buttons for all their functions?

Kind of, but it depends on the number of functions. Most modern aircraft have a lot fewer functions than that to control.

Are you sure it was actually rice and not sodium pellets?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 4, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

Kind of, but it depends on the number of functions. Most modern aircraft have a lot fewer functions than that to control.

Good visibility, well laid out controls...obviously not a cockpit designer did that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Good visibility, well laid out controls...obviously not a cockpit designer did that.

For some reason space game developers insist on having their spaceships essentially be WW2 fighters....but in space

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

darkarchon posted:

Please note that I live in Germany and German SC fanboys are the biggest SC fanboys

Do you have any insight on what makes German's so especially crazy about SC? It seems like the biggest nutjob (Karl et al) supporters are all German.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Duckaerobics posted:

Do you have any insight on what makes German's so especially crazy about SC? It seems like the biggest nutjob (Karl et al) supporters are all German.

they like to come home from their boring jobs and play boring work simulators. I think they should stick to bus simulator 2015 or something that's actually out

Star Citizen is a huge tedious waste of time that's more work than fun so germans might be able to really get into it though

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Duckaerobics posted:

Good question actually. I think it might have to do something with Germans being more obsessed with PC games in general - consoles are not that big of a thing here. Plus Wing Commander was quite big here. I think this, plus all the promises made by Cobblers lead to the fanboyism of Germans regarding that game.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

FYI, Torment came out on Steam over a week ago. It's good.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Iron Tusk posted:

I agree, the thread desperately needs more dogs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Phi230 posted:

For some reason space game developers insist on having their spaceships essentially be WW2 fighters....but in space

Even WW2 fighters had better visibility and control layout than said spaceships. You have to go to something like Spirit of St. Louis (a decade or two earlier) to get some properly poor visibility, and even then it was for an entirely utilitarian reason (sleeker body for longer range).

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 4, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Beet Wagon posted:

Australian Shepherd. They don't come with LTI though, but they are p good anyway.

They're gloriously fluffy, until you get them wet.

Her name's daisy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Booourns posted:

This thread would be a lot more fun if you could actually read it.
Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

It'd also be cool if you didn't post complaining about it, thus generating massive shitposts in response.

Please note the thread title: "We'll discuss the game when there is one." THAT'S why we're talking about everything else.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can't wait for Battletech!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

Her name's daisy

I love their coloring/markings, it's so chaotic

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Iglocska posted:

Can't wait for Battletech!

Let's hope it won't be a dud. But at least the art will be great.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sounds like you had a better experience than most.

Probably because I didn't attempt to play this for more than about 10 minutes. Most of that time was spent lost on the stupid concourse (what's the point of that bland uninteresting thing) or trying to figure out controls without going to options (thanks to helpful non-existant tips). Ok, it's possible I also spent most of that time watching forced animations which are really loving annoying. Yes, I definitely want to watch an airlock cycle and a door slowly open all the time. One thing I did like was getting into one of those ships and watching the cockpit close on you, but to call that a positive gameplay feature would be... becoming a redditor.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Where'd you get your av

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is that a pic of her snuggling up on parp oldman for her profile pic?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

darkarchon posted:

Let's hope it won't be a dud. But at least the art will be great.

Well it's a company that has delivered really cool, critically acclaimed games on a tight budget during the past few years. I am hopeful!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Eonwe posted:

Where'd you get your av

An angel, is my guess

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

I love their coloring/markings, it's so chaotic

This is what you are looking for

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Is that a pic of her snuggling up on parp oldman for her profile pic?

Yes it's a picture of when they paid celebrities a lot of money to do mocap stuff so they were obligated to take a picture with Sandi

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

This is what you are looking for

this is good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

This has been a good thread full of some high value backers pissed off about the 3rd pipeline and lack of updates.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312557/ship-completion-schedule-general-lack-of-updates-on-progress#latest

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Oh God - I just realised I'm going on holiday for March and early April... No way I could catch up on this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

• Locked thread