Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

spacetoaster posted:

FYI, Torment came out on Steam over a week ago. It's good.

Thanks, but I don't have EA. I picked it up via a package deal with Bards Tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Post more multi-colored cats please. I only know solid color cats in real life.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
nm, probably malware.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 4, 2016

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Where'd you get your av

a long time ago I made a thread about drawing dogs with your eyes closed and then re-drawing the results as actual dogs, and garbage day gave me an av made of one of the dogs in the thread which had a fish tail and knives for hands. a few years later someone else drew the weird dog in my av even bigger in another thread in new gbs and he gave me a giant avatar of it at the same time as the gang tag for convincing people in the music forum that arcade fire's rap influences made me want to get into hip hop

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Tippis posted:

Even WW2 fighters had better visibility and control layout than said spaceships. You have to go to something like Spirit of St. Louis (a decade or two earlier) to get some properly poor visibility, and even then it was for an entirely utilitarian reason (sleeker body for longer range).

This is especially stupid when you consider that the game takes place in the distant future. I feel like in the future you could just set the cockpit right at the center of the ship and have camera arrays all over it that a pilot could switch between while using some kind of helmet. Basically like an occulus rift (which we'll have at the end of May or something) with a 360 degree camera on the outside. The pilot and crew would be protected better, and they'd have perfect sight all around the ship. What's the point of having glass on the ship at all?

It's just a lack of imagination, really.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Well it's a company that has delivered really cool, critically acclaimed games on a tight budget during the past few years. I am hopeful!

this is not how game development works

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

This has been a good thread full of some high value backers pissed off about the 3rd pipeline and lack of updates.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312557/ship-completion-schedule-general-lack-of-updates-on-progress#latest

lol @ OPs Mark Hamill dig

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

nm, probably malware.

Pffft, Star Citizen will have industry leading cheat detection. Actually that sounds like a good RtV question.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cocaine dad show posted:

a long time ago I made a thread about drawing dogs with your eyes closed and then re-drawing the results as actual dogs, and garbage day gave me an av made of one of the dogs in the thread which had a fish tail and knives for hands. a few years later someone else drew the weird dog in my av even bigger in another thread in new gbs and he gave me a giant avatar of it at the same time as the gang tag for convincing people in the music forum that arcade fire's rap influences made me want to get into hip hop

Lol cool origin story

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
These poor backers, they don't dare criticize any aspect of the game without apologizing profusely and assuring everyone they actually love it. Like, for each word of criticism there's about 50 of assurance and apologies. What do you call that condition?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

taht was a lot of words to say garbage day is a good guy

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen "Too Good to be True"?

Pretty good thread so far

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ok, if it is something that they'll report on i'll try and get any links and articles into a readable state, but I've not done this so i'll probably be asking for help haha.
Actually we've got something coming this month that might be a quite helpful, PeanutWar...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

cocaine dad show posted:

garbage day is a good guy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah that is weird...are mods asleep at the wheel over there? Actual somewhat constructive discussion.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Natron posted:

This is especially stupid when you consider that the game takes place in the distant future. I feel like in the future you could just set the cockpit right at the center of the ship and have camera arrays all over it that a pilot could switch between while using some kind of helmet. Basically like an occulus rift (which we'll have at the end of May or something) with a 360 degree camera on the outside. The pilot and crew would be protected better, and they'd have perfect sight all around the ship. What's the point of having glass on the ship at all?

It's just a lack of imagination, really.

Yeah. I mean, I can sort of see it with smaller one-man fighters where you couldn't fit a proper CIC and probably wanted to have some kind of last-resort ejection system that puts you close to the outer surface of the ship anyway. But even then, a VR solution would be far more sensible than tons of structure-weakening panels.

…but then again, the idea of space fighters is in and of itself pretty stupid so it still makes very little sense.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

This has been a good thread full of some high value backers pissed off about the 3rd pipeline and lack of updates.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312557/ship-completion-schedule-general-lack-of-updates-on-progress#latest

LOL. There are too many good posts to quote.

I'm surprised that a) the thread wasn't closed and b) that people weren't probated for posting non-positive comments.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Solarin posted:

Can you or the angry guy explain whiskey vs whisky? What gives

"Whisky" refers to Scotch whisky, while "whiskey" refers to Irish or other whiskeys. As a mnemonic, "whiskey" with an e comes from countries with an e in the name, and vice versa.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fuzzknot posted:

"Whisky" refers to Scotch whisky, while "whiskey" refers to Irish or other whiskeys. As a mnemonic, "whiskey" with an e comes from countries with an e in the name, and vice versa.

Whiskey from Japan kinda screws this up though

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

fuctifino posted:

LOL. There are too many good posts to quote.

I'm surprised that a) the thread wasn't closed and b) that people weren't probated for posting non-positive comments.

My favorite is from a Grand Admiral:

you know, he wants you to feel the matter of your choice. It's CIGs new policy to explain either cashgrab or being lazy on their side. Your Choice Matters. Obviously you made the wrong ones. Now go buy a superhornet.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

squirrelzipper posted:

From 50 pages back but if you want the responsiveness of gas but don't have a line you can look at induction ranges. They respond to adjustment with the same speed as gas and are extra safe to boot! You do need compatible pans but induction is an easy second to gas for me. I have gas though and love it.

The compatible pots and pans are why I'm noping the hell away from induction. I want cookware that works everywhere.

Perhaps this weekend will involve rice tutorials. I explained that different kinds of rice require different ratios of water, usually listed on the package. I thought of teaching him Mexican rice, but on second thought, perhaps we should start with something less flammable.

Very nearly. Suffice it to say we now have a solid plan for how to occupy the time Saturday while I wait for the interior of the car to be detailed.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Post more multi-colored cats please. I only know solid color cats in real life.

Here is Finnegan sitting on top of a knitting pattern in progress.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Person A, having gifted the item to Person B, is no longer the rightful owner of the item. So Person A doing the chargeback, thus leaving Person B holding the bag, is the real issue here.

Person A still has the item. It's the same ship. It's like it just has a different serial number.

Person B really got nothing out of the deal. Person A did a chargeback. Take person As ship, close his account, all is right with the world.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

Whiskey from Japan kinda screws this up though

Also Murica messes it up too

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Tippis posted:

…but then again, the idea of space fighters is in and of itself pretty stupid so it still makes very little sense.
WW2 inspired space fighting isn't a bad thing, 'real' space fighting in a universe with faster-than-light travel would be computers flinging FTL hunks of metal at each other from thousands of miles away which wouldn't be the most exciting gameplay

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

G0RF posted:

Actually we've got something coming this month that might be a quite helpful, PeanutWar...

Fantastic, i'm still waiting for him to get in touch, but when he does i'll let you know.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tippis posted:

Even WW2 fighters had better visibility and control layout than said spaceships. You have to go to something like Spirit of St. Louis (a decade or two earlier) to get some properly poor visibility, and even then it was for an entirely utilitarian reason (sleeker body for longer range).

How much do I need to pay to get a wicker pilot chair in Star Citizen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, a serious question after watching the last PG's video. Do you really need to buy a ship at all, if you can always steal one? What are downsides of a stolen ship? I imagine you can't respawn it, but is that it?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Charles Get-Out posted:

Her name's daisy

Aussie party!

His name's Kayak

Set fluffiness for maximum! Increase spotification 20% - No, make that 30%!!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

At least one UK newspaper and one TV news show are following Star Citizen developments very closely

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Aussie party!

His name's Kayak

Set fluffiness for maximum! Increase spotification 20% - No, make that 30%!!

Good

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

smellmycheese posted:

At least one UK newspaper and one TV news show are following Star Citizen developments very closely

INN is not a news show

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Okay, a serious question after watching the last PG's video. Do you really need to buy a ship at all, if you can always steal one? What are downsides of a stolen ship? I imagine you can't respawn it, but is that it?

I don't know what causes it, either them respawning their ship or them rage quitting the server but your stolen ship can just disappear right out from under you with no warning. That's what happens to pgabz at the beginning of the video.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I read through the stretch goals again and it's pretty funny to see that everything related to SQ42 the movie took priority over things like core mechanics in SC and star systems that were promised a loooong time ago. Also new spaceships, but developed up to the JPG level and no further...victims of the almighty "pipeline."

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

this guy gets it

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Thank you this cat is very cute.

Kayak is really pretty. Who are the cats??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wafflz posted:

I don't know what causes it, either them respawning their ship or them rage quitting the server but your stolen ship can just disappear right out from under you with no warning. That's what happens to pgabz at the beginning of the video.

I thought quantum leaps cause it and it occasionally happens to everyone because of bugged physics. But maybe only with stolen ships, after all.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Here's the updated form for requesting a refund from CIG

G'day mate!

I'm writing to request a refund. Seems the project I originally backed has snags on a barbie! Roberts has said he'd refund anyone not happy with the project, and I hope he's fair dinkum. Star Citizens a really bodgy product. If a refund is not processed, I will be forced to call my bank and request a boomerang on my pledges.

(someone could prob make this joke a lot better)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

I read through the stretch goals again and it's pretty funny to see that everything related to SQ42 the movie took priority over things like core mechanics in SC and star systems that were promised a loooong time ago. Also new spaceships, but developed up to the JPG level and no further...victims of the almighty "pipeline."

A great question will be what happens when the 3rd pipeline becomes the 4th pipeline and battles the 4th Stimpire.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

Is it the Daily Star and One Show.

Are Watchdog still going. Because they love poo poo like that. If anyone in the UK has failed to get in refund you should get ol' Anne Robinson on the case she'll sort them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I thought quantum leaps cause it and it occasionally happens to everyone because of bugged physics. But maybe only with stolen ships, after all.

Someone logging out will despawn all of their ships.

The quantum fallouts are likely at the center of a 3- circle Venn diagram with each circle labelled "30 ticks/second server", "poorly implemented local physics grids" & "near-relativistic speeds"

• Locked thread