Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, i always did Benezia first as it was following on from sidequest fuckery, so it was clear to me that it was the optimal path to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh. I never realized. So many dead because of me. :smith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Mother's Day

We meet Liara's mom and kill her. Sorry, Liara. We also hear about indoctrination for the first time, which is certainly not the last. And loose the Rachni on the galaxy, yay. This part is really funny if you take Wrex along because he freaks out. Too bad there isn't an option to tell him we're doing the Krogan a favor since if the Rachni get out of control again they'll suddenly become very popular with the Council.

We also catch up a bit with our squadmates except Tali because she still doesn't have anything interesting to say and her dialogue doesn't update like everyone else. TBH half the time I forget she's even on the ship. :tali:

And my cat makes a guest appearance.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Benezia fight is pretty buggy with all the biotic attacks flying around, it's very possible to end up stuck inside a wall when you get ragdolled around by them, this isn't very fun at all.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm sure no one would oppose the idea of breeding millions of Krogans to fight the Rachni if they become hostile again. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Poil posted:

I'm sure no one would oppose the idea of breeding millions of Krogans to fight the Rachni if they become hostile again. :v:

You say this but if there's one thing ME was consistent on, it's how they portrayed the council. And so, it's entirely plausible that the council would totally do this and believe they could get away with it again.

I mean obviously the writers could make anything they wanted happen. But so far as consistency goes, this isn't even a tiny stretch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Judge Tesla posted:

The Benezia fight is pretty buggy with all the biotic attacks flying around, it's very possible to end up stuck inside a wall when you get ragdolled around by them, this isn't very fun at all.
Yeah I saved just before we entered the room with Benezia just for this reason. I've been stuck in the floor, behind a railing, and under a box before :v:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
God drat Marina Sirtis phoned this poo poo in. "I will not betray him." :geno:

So, fun fact: Sirtis probably built up a nice nest egg for herself doing SF acting over the years and I'm sure she's happy for that. But for Sirtis sci-fi stuff isn't automatically anything more than a job (nothing wrong with that, everyone has different tastes) and like any reasonable person she generally finds nerds intolerable.

A friend of mine helps run a medium-sized con on the east coast and they deliberated about an opportunity to bring Sirtis in one year but eventually decided against it. Reason being, she requires personal security at con's expense at all times because she has a list of movies she's done that she doesn't like, and if an attendee asks her about any of them, she walks but still gets her entire fee. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
do you have the list? :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I mentioned earlier in the thread I met her at a con and she seemed pretty pleased that I brought her something ME to sign. Guess that's not on the list :haw:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Judge Tesla posted:

I've had to force restart the game at least 3 times because my character was busy being smeared across the entire level by the physics engine due to the stairs in that room.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Only the higher-ups at the con saw the list but I was told Death Wish 3 was on there because she got her boobs out during a rape scene. This was when she was a struggling actress before TNG so she took whatever jobs. Apparently the balding ponytail types asked her to sign their DVD cases of DW3 with unusual regularity. :stonk:

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Psion posted:

You say this but if there's one thing ME was consistent on, it's how they portrayed the council. And so, it's entirely plausible that the council would totally do this and believe they could get away with it again.

I mean obviously the writers could make anything they wanted happen. But so far as consistency goes, this isn't even a tiny stretch.

I believe one of the reasons that the Council is showing so much favor to humanity is to act as a counter balance to the Turians.

When the Rachni showed up, they uplifted the Krogran to defeat them. When the Krogan got out of control, they allied with the Turians. Enter humanity, which engages in a war with the Turians and acquits itself well and suddenly they're on the fast track to everything after like 20 years?

Meanwhile the Volus, who pretty much built the galactic economy, languish for centuries.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

DeusExMachinima posted:

But for Sirtis sci-fi stuff isn't automatically anything more than a job (nothing wrong with that, everyone has different tastes) and like any reasonable person she generally finds nerds intolerable.

That's ultimately true of most actors since, unlike maybe the director/writer/etc, whatever project they're currently signed on to is unlikely to be a major work of passion for them - even if that project pans out and becomes unusually successful. The busier sort of actor that chains project after project might even forget everything the day after filming is done, not unlike a student that crammed overnight for a test and managed to not forget during the test.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Only the higher-ups at the con saw the list but I was told Death Wish 3 was on there because she got her boobs out during a rape scene. This was when she was a struggling actress before TNG so she took whatever jobs. Apparently the balding ponytail types asked her to sign their DVD cases of DW3 with unusual regularity. :stonk:

suddenly Sirtis' no-talk list goes from petty to entirely understandable. That's hosed up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

God drat Marina Sirtis phoned this poo poo in. "I will not betray him." :geno:

Sirtis is probably the most uninspired of the voice actors but honestly there's a whole lot of :effort: in the voice cast and voice direction in ME1, not helped by Bioware's aversion to animation during dialogue. Improving on the the voice acting in ME2 and ME3, for me, went a long way making those as good as they are.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

I believe one of the reasons that the Council is showing so much favor to humanity is to act as a counter balance to the Turians.

When the Rachni showed up, they uplifted the Krogran to defeat them. When the Krogan got out of control, they allied with the Turians. Enter humanity, which engages in a war with the Turians and acquits itself well and suddenly they're on the fast track to everything after like 20 years?

Meanwhile the Volus, who pretty much built the galactic economy, languish for centuries.

You know, that actually does bring up a good point: Does anyone in the series notice the pattern and realize humanity was probably going to be set up to be the Council's latest fall-guy if the Reapers hadn't come along?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Regalingualius posted:

You know, that actually does bring up a good point: Does anyone in the series notice the pattern and realize humanity was probably going to be set up to be the Council's latest fall-guy if the Reapers hadn't come along?

Yes.

Unfortunately those people are Udina and TIM.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Knight errand
More callback sidequests. Kahoku's isn't so much of a callback as it is setting up Cerberus bullshit. Except it's not really explained what Banes was doing out there or what the medical supplies are for so I don't know why they bothered to try and tie it in to Michel's problem. You'll get an email from Emily Wong in 2 if you help her. She doesn't appear in 3 because as part of the launch marketing she live-tweeted about going Kamikaze into a reaper with a transport shuttle. Godspeed Emily :patriot:

Conrad's Conrad, but the Jenna thing is kind of sneaky and if you don't do her thing he bites it in 3. Probably a lot of dead Conrads out there :(

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Every part of the Jenna quest is the dumbest.

1. Trying to confront an undercover operative while on mission.
2. Refusing to accept that maybe law enforcement needs sting operations and undercover agents.
3. A police officer going "Oh by the way here's some evidence we don't need"
4. They already had enough intel to make the swap, but they kept Jenna there anyways?

At no point does the quest make ANY sense at all.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Turians, though very by-the-book, work from a very different book indeed.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Kurieg posted:

Yes.

Unfortunately those people are Udina and TIM.

Well, and Ashley, but nobody listens to what she actually says.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I see or rather hear that glitch with Chellik is still in place after all these years, if you didn't notice, his last bit of speech with you was missing the metallic sounding effect Turians have when they speak.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Judge Tesla posted:

I see or rather hear that glitch with Chellik is still in place after all these years, if you didn't notice, his last bit of speech with you was missing the metallic sounding effect Turians have when they speak.
To me it sounds like it's been sped up a bit, it's higher in pitch than his other dialogue.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Judge Tesla posted:

Yeah, I've had to restart that fight a few times because a push put my head in a railing and just left Shepherd's body to contort for like five straight minutes.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I've played through that fight no less than 5 times and never had it bug out

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's time to to go Feros! Who do y'all want me to take with?

Believe it or not we've just got Feros and Virmire and then it's endgame time. We've got a couple more sidequests to wrap up but that's it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Kaidan and Garrus.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Liara and Garrus

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ash, since her time is short. Kaidan can come too.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Kaiidan and Ashley whoever gets most kills lives to the end of this game.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Kaidan and Liara, most kills gets to be your waifu.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

monster on a stick posted:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

same

Gymer
May 30, 2012

Up Circle posted:

Kaiidan and Ashley whoever gets most kills lives to the end of this game.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

This

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I don't care how many kills Ash gets, she's terrible in 3 so she gets to spend time under the tanning lamp :colbert:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Wrex and Garrus. Because Wrex and Garrus go together like cheese and wine. Like peas and carrots.

Like Wrex and Garrus.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Plus if Ashley gets the ol' radioactive suntan you don't have to deal with boob armor in 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This is the most compelling argument I've ever seen for a party lacking wrex.

make them compete for shepard's love

• Locked thread