Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

Is it the Daily Star and One Show.

I did used to work on The One Show funnily enough. Great times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

runsamok posted:

Someone logging out will despawn all of their ships.

The quantum fallouts are likely at the center of a 3- circle Venn diagram with each circle labelled "30 ticks/second server", "poorly implemented local physics grids" & "near-relativistic speeds"

So when someone nicks your ship, the only thing you can do is restart your client and go through pains of spawning it again? Lmao.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

NO

(I have it on good authority that Huskies are wonderful animals but terrible pets for the most part, high energy, easily bored, destructive and often aloof and un dog-like in their personalities. Great for a sled team, not so good in a suburban home)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

…but then again, the idea of space fighters is in and of itself pretty stupid so it still makes very little sense.

The Chairforce is training more drone pilots than the real thing, so we're pretty much on the swarming drone horizon. Just waiting on telepresence tanks, and then I'll try to move to Mars.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

blueberrysmith posted:

this guy gets it
Sandi cares less about the backers than even the game itself-- and that's saying something...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

I thought quantum leaps cause it and it occasionally happens to everyone because of bugged physics. But maybe only with stolen ships, after all.

Nah there's definitely a way for people to make their ship disappear when it's been stolen. Knowing this I just make sure when I steal a to fly it straight up from the pad, flip over then warp 9 into any targets of opportunity or the station itself.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Charles Get-Out posted:

Thank you this cat is very cute.

He is. He's a people cat; he plays at the vet's office and even purred when they drew blood. That said, he didn't know what to do when he met Bootcha--a much bigger alpha cat. Finnegan sat sullenly in a box and eyeballed Bootcha the whole time.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

NO

(I have it on good authority that Huskies are wonderful animals but terrible pets for the most part, high energy, easily bored, destructive and often aloof and un dog-like in their personalities. Great for a sled team, not so good in a suburban home)

This is absolutely correct. There's a real problem with them at the moment as lots of dickheads are watching Game of Thrones and then buying a Husky, then discovering they do not make good pets. I was working with some in Lapland before Xmas and they are incredible creatures - absolutely immense dogs, but definitely not pets.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

NO

Malamutes are pretty cool though

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

So when someone nicks your ship, the only thing you can do is restart your client and go through pains of spawning it again? Lmao.

No, just go spawn a new one. There's no tracking of what you've previously spawned, just a list of what ships you've got available that you can select from ad nauseum.

Remember: the persistent universe is neither persistent, nor a universe. Discuss.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Colostomy Bag posted:

A great question will be what happens when the 3rd pipeline becomes the 4th pipeline and battles the 4th Stimpire.
laying pipe is illegal in the stimpire

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kramjacks posted:

Catching up is for chumps.

Oh go to hell. If I hadn't done that for the past 2 days (2500 new posts, Jesus H. Christ!) I'd never have caught the epic saga that is Fuzzy Modem (whether he was trolling or not, GJ whoever :10bux: for his AV. I laughed my rear end off reading out his posts in mock-whine/cry voice).

Granted there was that 1 awful page too, which got all E/N and poo poo and even a bit of D&D sprinkled in between...but in any case.

Now I'll probably forget this thread for a week or two thanks to XCOM 2 and see just how many new posts will be shitted up in it by the time I return. Given 2 new pages were made while I was catching up, I imagine it will be quite insurmountable.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

A great question will be what happens when the 3rd pipeline becomes the 4th pipeline and battles the 4th Stimpire.

Up against anything cylindrical my money is on the stimpire.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Madcosby posted:

Here's the updated form for requesting a refund from CIG

G'day mate!

I'm writing to request a refund. Seems the project I originally backed has snags on a barbie! Roberts has said he'd refund anyone not happy with the project, and I hope he's fair dinkum. Star Citizens a really bodgy product. If a refund is not processed, I will be forced to call my bank and request a boomerang on my pledges.

(someone could prob make this joke a lot better)

its good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

runsamok posted:

No, just go spawn a new one. There's no tracking of what you've previously spawned, just a list of what ships you've got available that you can select from ad nauseum.

Remember: the persistent universe is neither persistent, nor a universe. Discuss.

Can you spawn more ships from inside of a ship? Like, you get 50 people in your super multicrew ship and then respawn it to kill everyone inside.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
If fuzzy was a troll he was a. bad and b. so bad he managed to troll his own project

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Bddse

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

I don't know what causes it, either them respawning their ship or them rage quitting the server but your stolen ship can just disappear right out from under you with no warning. That's what happens to pgabz at the beginning of the video.

Perpetual!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I wonder if CS checks your nationality or you could get by with faking it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Like, you get 50 people in your super multicrew ship

How did you get a ship to exist in 4 instances at the same time?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CrazyLoon posted:

Now I'll probably forget this thread for a week or two thanks to XCOM 2 and see just how many new posts will be shitted up in it by the time I return. Given 2 new pages were made while I was catching up, I imagine it will be quite insurmountable.

Excellent. Then we can roll out all the really juicy stuff and then do the RSI-forum thing where we mock you mercilessly for not having followed every single detail in the development of the game thread.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Beet Wagon posted:

Aussie party!

His name's Kayak

Set fluffiness for maximum! Increase spotification 20% - No, make that 30%!!

You have a nice collection of animals.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wafflz posted:

How did you get a ship to exist in 4 instances at the same time?

Event Horizon style.

See you in the 'Verses, commando o9

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Can you spawn more ships from inside of a ship? Like, you get 50 people in your super multicrew ship and then respawn it to kill everyone inside.

For muh immersions, ships cannot be spawned anywhere from a menu, but only at one of the ship terminal rooms behind janky, slow-animated & often-breaking airlock doors and slightly-less-often-breaking interior doors.

You could jam a bunch of people onto a ship under the guise of some crazy mostly-invisible, noodle-box-pushing "emergent gameplay" and then wait until you're in the middle of nowhere then log out, leaving them floating like the detritus they are.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Charles Get-Out posted:

Thank you this cat is very cute.

Kayak is really pretty. Who are the cats??

The calico is Tabitha and the manx is Hermione. They came with my girlfriend. They're pretty okay (I'm not a cat person really)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SatelliteCore posted:

You have a nice collection of animals.

Thank you! We had another cool one but he got old and died :(

He was a beetle that wore Christmas hats and he was awesome (I shared a picture of him about a billion pages ago)

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Thank you! We had another cool one but he got old and died :(

He was a beetle that wore Christmas hats and he was awesome (I shared a picture of him about a billion pages ago)

remember that pic. he was a good beetle :)

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Thirsty Dog posted:

Malamutes are pretty cool though

Kona agrees with you.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

please provide good dog (pictured above) with a nice sun spot to nap

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Google Butt posted:

please provide good dog (pictured above) with a nice sun spot to nap

done.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I like your chickens, commando. I miss having chickens.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fatkraken posted:

NO

My childhood dog was a husky and he was a the best drat dog, take your slander back.

He did tear up the back yard a bit and also bit a dude in the rear end who hopped our back fence, but aside from that, he wasn't aggressive at all.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
For reference.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Deki posted:

My childhood dog was a husky and he was a the best drat dog, take your slander back.

He did tear up the back yard a bit and also bit a dude in the rear end who hopped our back fence, but aside from that, he wasn't aggressive at all.

oh totally, you get some great huskies (and yeah apparently Mals are WAY more chill), but as a breed they're not recommended for 99% of people.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Incombibulator posted:

For reference.

Why is SOuth Korea not getting a release? Does it have ceiling fans in it or something?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Beet Wagon posted:

I like your chickens, commando. I miss having chickens.

I just hope I can raise space chickens in the verse and cook my space chicken eggs I harvest with grabby hands in my galley. If I can't, my immersion will be RUINED

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Incombibulator posted:

For reference.

Of what year???

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Fatkraken posted:

oh totally, you get some great huskies (and yeah apparently Mals are WAY more chill), but as a breed they're not recommended for 99% of people.

I've had a husky, akita and a malamute.

Malamutes > *

So loving chill and mellow, super affectionate, but lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

D_Smart posted:

It went as expected. And I can't talk about it :(

ps: Some serious news breaking soon. Two weeks.

You said this a week ago

• Locked thread